Whenever I think of Yogi Bear, I can’t help but think of my childhood.
The cartoon, created by Hanna-Barbera, was one of my favorites.
I use Yogi Bear quotes randomly when talking to my children, and they give me funny looks.
Probably because the anthropomorphic bear was hilarious!
He was witty and had this deep voice.
When he spoke and drew out the words, you couldn’t help but giggle.
The show mostly focused on the antics of Yogi and Boo-Boo, the smaller of the two bears.
The pair lived in Jellystone National Park (a nod to Yellowstone, but donut related).
They were often concocting crazy schemes to steal the food of the tourists.
Get a good belly laugh going as you read through these Yogi Bear quotes and maybe watch a few episodes for nostalgia’s sake.
Don’t forget to also check out these SpongeBob quotes that are captions to life.
Yogi Bear quotes about Boo-Boo
1. “I’m losing control, Boo-Boo. I don’t know who’s steering the ship!” ― Yogi Bear
2. “Kick it, Boo-Boo!” ― Yogi Bear
3. “Hey there, Boo-Boo!” ― Yogi Bear
4. “It’s Spring, Yogi! It’s Spring! Yippee!” ― Yogi Bear
Yogi Bear quotes about himself
5. “I’m so smart and it hurts.” ― Yogi Bear
6. “It’s because I’m smarter than the average bear.” ― Yogi Bear
7. “I don’t think we do get smarter as we get older, I just think we run out of stupid things to do.” ― Yogi Bear
8. “He forgets, and I quote myself. I’m smarter than the average bear, hee-hee-hee-hee!” ― Yogi Bear
9. “Check the safety manual!” ― Yogi Bear
10. “Just sit back and let Mother Nature carry us toward her own.” ― Yogi Bear
11. “Ranger Smith: Yogi, that’s the problem, all the thinking! Hey, you know what would be great? If you didn’t think, if you could just be a regular bear; you know, sit in the woods minding his own business. But nope: you’re different, you’re SMART, and you have to spend your days being selfish and destructive while everyone else pays the price! I’m sure it’s never been enough screwing up my life. But this time, you had to go and bring down this entire park. So tell me, Yogi, how smart are you now?” ― Yogi Bear
12. Yogi Bear: I’m so smart it hurts.
Boo Boo: Uh, you’re standing on the soldering iron.
Yogi Bear: OR IT’S THAT! ― Yogi Bear
Also check out these Edward Scissorhands quotes that will make you embrace your uniqueness.
Yogi Bear quotes on life advice
13. “Pic-a-nic baskets may be delicious on the lips, but they’re a lifetime on the hips!” ― Yogi Bear
14. “Eject is up, deject is dooooooown!” ― Yogi Bear
15. “What’s this? Trees grow inside in the winter?” ― Yogi Bear
16. “What’s not to like about Robin Hood? I’ll steal from the rich and give to a poor bear: me.” ― Yogi Bear
Random Yogi Bear quotes
17. “Boo Boo, you’ve tried to stop my brilliant ideas with common send a thousand times. Has it ever worked?” ― Yogi Bear
18. “What’s not to like about Robin Hood? I’ll steal from the rich and give to a poor bear: me. Stay here, Friar Boo-Boo.” ― Yogi Bear
19. “He’s turning this park into a boot camp, with me getting the boot.” ― Yogi Bear
20. “One chopped egg coming up choppity chop chop chop.” ― Yogi Bear
You might also like these Yogi Berra quotes on life to make you smile.
21. “They have donuts. DONUTS!” ― Yogi Bear
22. “Nothing. Nothing, nothing, nothing. Nothing. And because you’re such a good kid, here’s another nothing, for nothing.” ― Yogi Bear
23. “Hello? Hello? Is this the White House?” ― Yogi Bear
24. “Hello, Mr. Ranger, sir!” ― Yogi Bear
25. Ranger John Smith: [showing a “Do Not Feed The Bears” sign to Yogi] Read this sign.
Yogi Bear: [deliberately reading incorrectly] Uh, “No Smoking In The Forest”?
Ranger John Smith: You know what it says, Yogi, and it applies to *all* the bears, especially you!
Yogi Bear: Uh, yes, sir.
You might also like these Marvin the Martian quotes that will take you back to your childhood.
Which of these Yogi Bear quotes is your favorite?
Hanna-Barbera created Yogi’s signature collar, so animators would only have to change his head when he spoke.
This enabled them to keep his body static and cut down on the number of drawings.
Boo-Boo’s necktie had a similar effect.
It also made both bears more like people.
Remember when you are out in the actual woods, bears are not fans of people.
They really do like to take your food, so always clean up after yourself!
It wouldn’t hurt to keep some bear spray and bear bells on hand (they don’t like loud noises).
They are pretty smart but obviously can’t read signs.
However, you can., so please don’t feed the bears!
If you have any other Yogi Bear quotes and lines, leave them in the comment section below!
August 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST