We have created this amazing list of the best ABBA quotes for the ultimate pop music fans
Here, you can find a wide range of quotes associated with ABBA.
These quotes are not only relevant but authentic too.
Hence, these ABBA quotes are worth sharing with friends and family.
Besides, we have also talked about ABBA and its different interesting aspects.
So, what are you waiting for?
Just sit back and enjoy reading!
What is ABBA?
ABBA is a popular Swedish pop group established in 1972.
The group rose to its highest level of fame in the 70s.
ABBA is considered one of the most famous and successful music groups.
This music group was comprised of two married couples, including:
- Bjorn Ulvaeus and Agnetha Faltskog
- Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad
The term ABBA is an acronym for the first letters of the names of group members.
ABBA was known for its unique music style, which was a blend of rock, pop, and disco.
This style captivated listeners and fans throughout the world.
Overall, ABBA’s music was uplifting and optimistic.
In fact, their music was all about romance, love, and relationships.
Their famous song, “Waterloo,” is considered a breakthrough hit.
It won the Eurovision song Contest in 1974, which offered this international band fame.
After that, they released hit on hit, including the following tracks:
- “Dancing Queen”
- “Mamma Mia”
- “Take a Chance on Me”
Key Reasons for its Success
Here are the significant reasons behind ABBA’s success:
- The ability to design memorable lyrics and craft lovely melodies is one of the key aspects that lead to ABBA’s success.
- Another reason for their popularity is their passion for creating catchy songs and dance numbers.
- Besides, the band members’ flamboyant stage presence was a critical factor behind ABBA’s unmatched success.
- The group members used to wear colorful costumes and exhibited intricate choreography.
- The fans also loved the complex lighting effects and the use of cutting-edge technology (video projection screens).
Contrary to their massive success, ABBA couldn’t last for long.
The group was disbanded in 1982.
However, they are still known as one of the most loved pop groups.
The songs they have created are still associated with love, romance, and friendship.
ABBA unleashed its comeback plan in 2021.
On 5th November 2021, ABBA released their 9th and final music album, “Voyage”.
The album consists of 10 tracks written by Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus.
You will also enjoy our article on music quotes.
Top 5 Abba Quotes
First, enjoy reading the top five Abba quotes.
1. “I sing just for fun.” — Agnetha Faltskog
2. “Solitude has become my companion.” — Anni-Frid Lyngstad
3. “I’d hate the sound of thirty thousand people booing.” — Benny Andersson
4. “I believe that religious faith schools are highly dubious.” — Björn Ulvaeus
5. “See that girl, watch that scene, digging the Dancing Queen.” — ABBA
Abba Quotes by Agnetha Faltskog
The quotes below are by Agnetha Faltskog, one member of the Swedish pop group Abba.
6. “Abba’s last tour was a success but awful for me.” — Agnetha Faltskog
7. “This idea of trying to repeat a success doesn’t interest me. It’s only really done to make money.” — Agnetha Faltskog
8. “When I was 25, Abba was formed. After Abba, I made three solo albums. Maybe I have been productive enough.” — Agnetha Faltskog
9. “I can spot empty flattery and know exactly where I stand. In the end, it’s really only my own approval or disapproval that means anything.” — Agnetha Faltskog
10. “There are a lot of artists that I love, and I think they’re really talented, and they’re good dancers as well. I’ve always wished that I could combine that.” — Agnetha Faltskog
Abba Quotes by Björn Ulvaeus
Björn Ulvaeus, a founding member of the Swedish pop group Abba, is credited as the creator of the quotes used in this section.
11. “I promise you, ABBA will never reform – I couldn’t bear the stress of disappointing everyone.” — Björn Ulvaeus
12. “I want people to remember ABBA as we were. I don’t think that four geriatrics wheeled on stage is what we should leave as our legacy.” — Björn Ulvaeus
13. “Of course, we wore silly outfits, the pictures were corny, and some people still focus on that. But ABBA wasn’t a big intellectual thing. We were a pop group.” — Björn Ulvaeus
14. “Critics used to say that ABBA was formulaic or that our songs were rubbish. We never had time for those comments, though. We were sincere and devoted to what we did.” — Björn Ulvaeus
15. “The music of ABBA is not that happy. It might sound happy in some strange way, but deep within, it’s not happy music. It has that Nordic melancholic feeling to it. What fools you are the girls’ voices. You know, I do think that is one of the secrets of ABBA. Even when we were really quite sad, we always sounded jubilant.” — Björn Ulvaeus
Abba Quotes by Benny Andersson
The quotes presented below by Benny Andersson, another member of Abba, are sure to inspire you.
16. “I don’t get it… did we look like transvestites or something?” — Benny Andersson
17. “We simply write the kind of music we enjoy most and hope that our audience will enjoy it too.” — Benny Andersson
18. “What you make up in your heads sticks if it’s good, falls out if it’s bad. If we still remember something a day after we made it up, it might be worth building on.” — Benny Andersson
19. “It’s so humbling, and I’m grateful, but I cannot say I understand quite how that happened. It’s kind of a miracle, never in our wildest dreams did we think that these songs that we wrote would last for such a long time.” — Benny Andersson
20. “We were kind of protective of the first one because we were very proud of it, it was very good, and it became kind of a cult movie … and we thought, what’s the point of risking … taking away from that legacy, so we were reluctant.” — Benny Andersson
Abba Quotes by Anni-Frid Lyngstad
Finally, here are some quotes from Abba’s Anni-Frid Lyngstad.
21. “The person who started my nomadic life was my grandmother.” — Anni-Frid Lyngstad
22. “Don’t make me think This could be true Don’t do it These lips so close Belong to who Don’t do it.” — Anni-Frid Lyngstad
23. “My commitment to environmentalism is not a hobby or a second job. It’s a way of life that comes right from my heart.” — Anni-Frid Lyngstad
24. “The international press is trying to create some sort of hysteria around ABBA that doesn’t exist. They are trying to make a myth out of us.” — Anni-Frid Lyngstad
25. “Punk never got into my heart. You hear the anger now in rap, for example, but it’s different, and I like that very much. Eminem is one of my favorites.” — Anni-Frid Lyngstad
Which of these ABBA Quotes is your Favorite?
The ABBA quotes highlight why this pop group was so popular.
Even after so many years, ABBA still enjoys the love of its fans.
If you are one of them, you might have enjoyed our collection of ABBA quotes.
Since all these quotes are listed under their respective sections, finding your favorite one would be easy.
If you have found a quote that inspires you the most, mention it in the comments below.
We would love to hear from you.