Anakin Skywalker Quotes To Inspire The Force Within You
March 3, 2023 4:51 AM EST
May the Force be with you as you check out our Anakin Skywalker quotes.
Anakin Skywalker is a character from the Star Wars franchise who grows up to become arguably the world’s most recognized villain, Darth Vader.
What is Anakin Skywalker known for?
Anakin is known for many things.
In the Star Wars franchise, he is an important figure.
He was born on a planet called Tatooine.
From there, he was trained as a youth to become a Jedi knight.
The Jedi are spiritual practitioners who must use their ability to protect and serve.
Many people believed Anakin would be the one to fulfill the ancient prophecies and bring balance to the force across the universe.
He was known as the chosen one because of his destiny.
Check out these cool Anakin Skywalker facts below:
- Anakin built his first lightsaber at age twelve.
- Leonardo Dicaprio almost played Anakin but declined the role.
- Darth Plagueis, a powerful Sith, is believed to be Anakin’s father.
Why do so many people love Darth Vader?
After a difficult life full of hurt, pain, betrayal, and rage, Anakin grows up to become Darth Vader.
Vader is recognized as one of the most famous villains of all time.
Aside from Ronald Mcdonad, Darth Vader is one of the most recognized characters.
People worldwide have seen him and are aware of his story.
Fans are drawn to Vader because he is the ultimate example of what happens on the hero’s journey if the hero falls victim to their flaws.
What can we learn from Anakin Skywalker?
We all want to believe that if we possessed great power, we would wield it with justice and compassion.
When we look at our world, we might observe that it is uncommon for people in power to use their influence with complete integrity.
Anakin represents the fall from grace many of us experience.
Everyone must choose their own path
As a child, Anakin was gifted, and many adults pressured him to live up to certain expectations.
His story reminds us that we must give young people the room to choose their passion and follow their dreams.
Anakin saw his family killed; he saw people in his village genocided; he was abused and enslaved.
Many people who experience these extreme traumas take a long time to heal, and some never do.
The scars on Anakin’s heart never healed.
So when he became a Jedi, the anger inside him took over once he felt betrayed.
Rather than pick himself up and seek justice the way it was presented to him as a Jedi, he fully entangled himself in the rage and anger that filled his heart to become a Sith.
For more out-of-this-world content, check out our Anakin Skywalker quotes below.
You will also enjoy our article on Ahsoka Tano quotes.
Short Anakin Skywalker quotes
From a young age, Anakin could say a lot with only a few words. These are some of his best.
1. “This is where the fun begins.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
2. “Letting go of our attachments is a difficult struggle for all of us.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: The Clone Wars
3. “The best way I can protect you is to teach you how to protect yourself.” — Anakin Skywalker, Tales of the Jedi
4. “Mercy doesn’t defeat an enemy, Master. Which is why you’re gonna lose.”— Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi
5. “I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
Anakin Skywalker quotes to Ahsoka and Obi-Wan about the power of the Force
Anakin had a connection to the Force at an early age. As a child, Anakin believed in protecting the innocent and defenseless. That would change as he transformed.
6. “You underestimate my power!” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
7. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
8. “Obi-Wan, may the force be with you.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
9. “From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
10. “Lives are in danger, Ahsoka. We can’t just turn our backs on them.” — Anakin Skywalker,
Anakin Skywalker quotes about the Jedi code
Anakin’s experience is one of losing everything: family, beliefs, and love. His turn towards the dark side was a result of his unhealed pain.
11. “I know, but the way you said it was all wrong.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: The Clone Wars
12. “But try to remember, always put purpose ahead of your feelings.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: The Clone Wars
13. “Sometimes we must let go of our pride and do what is requested of us.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
14. “I understand. More than you realize, I understand wanting to walk away from the Order.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: The Clone Wars
15. “Mom, you said that the biggest problem in the universe is no one helps each other.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
Anakin Skywalker quotes about power and courage
16. “You’re asking me to be rational. I know that is something I cannot do.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
17. “Doing what the Jedi Council says, that’s one thing; how we go about doing it, that’s another.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: The Clone Wars
18. “Something’s happening. I’m not the Jedi I should be. I want more. And I know I shouldn’t.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
19. “One day, I will become the greatest Jedi ever. I will even learn how to stop people from dying.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
20. “When I got to them, we got into aggressive negotiations. Ah, well, it’s negations with a lightsaber.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
Anakin Skywalker quotes about the Jedi and the Darkside
Anakin’s life represents what happens when we lack balance. Anytime we go too far in any direction, we run the risk of losing ourselves.
21. “We aren’t soldiers. We’re peacekeepers. The Jedi code often prevents us from going far enough to achieve victory.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: The Clone Wars
22. “I listen to all the traders and star pilots who come through here. I’m a pilot, you know, and someday I’m going to fly away from this place.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
23. “I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new empire.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
24. “Are you an angel? An angel. I’ve heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the moons of Iego, I think. They’re the most beautiful creatures in the universe.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
25. “Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi’s life. So you might say that we are encouraged to love.” — Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Anakin Skywalker represents transformation
Darth Vader is one of the most influential and powerful villains of all time.
If you say, “Luke, I am your father,” people who have never seen Star Wars film will know what you are talking about.
This misquote is ironic, considering Darth Vader never actually says, “Luke, I am your father.”
Actually, he says, “No, I am your father,” but fans have a way of remembering things the way they want.
His story reminds us that even in our darkest moments, we still have a light inside us.
Vader destroyed entire planets, massacred cities, and enslaved races while working for the Empire.
People hear his name and shudder in fear.
Yet, the love between him and his son ultimately leads to his redemption moment, where he kills the Emperor while saving his son Luke’s life.
All of us can do the right thing, even after a lifetime of being an evil villain.
Do you have a favorite Anakin Skywalker quote?
Please, be sure to tell us in the comments section.