These Elf quotes will help you spread cheers to everyone who can relate.
Who would have thought a tall man in funny yellow tights, pointy shoes, and a green suit can elicit laughter and inspiration among moviegoers of all ages?
Why is the movie Elf so loved?
These famous Elf quotes from the classic Christmas movie Elf featuring funnyman Will Ferrell who played the lovable Buddy are guaranteed to bring back great memories from those who’ve already seen the film.
Elf was released in 2003 roughly a month before Christmas. The movie was centered on the adventures of Buddy, a human raised by Santa’s elves, who set out in New York City to look for his biological dad while spreading Christmas cheers to a city full of cynics and unbelievers.
Below is our collection of funny, inspirational Elf quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We also have a compilation of holiday quotes that celebrate love and family. Be sure to check them out as well.
The best Elf quotes to get you in the holiday spirit
1. “First, we’ll make snow angels for two hours, then we’ll go ice skating, then we’ll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie-dough as fast as we can, and then we’ll snuggle.” – Elf movie
2. “Francisco! That’s fun to say! Francisco. Frannncisco. Franciscooo.” – Elf movie
3. “Good news! I saw a dog today!” – Elf movie
4. “He’s an angry elf, he’s from the South Pole.” – Elf movie
5. “I’m in a store and I’m singing!” – Elf movie
6. “Leave the gum on the street.” – Elf movie
7. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” – Elf movie
8. “Watch out, the yellow ones don’t stop!” – Elf movie
9. “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.” – Elf movie
10. “What about Santa’s cookies? I suppose parents eat those, too?” – Elf movie
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of famous movie quotes from your favorite characters.
Elf quotes to spread Christmas cheer
11. “You sit on a throne of lies.” – Elf movie
12. “As you can imagine, it’s dangerous having an oven in an oak tree during the dry season.” – Elf movie
13. “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?” – Elf movie
14. “Bye Buddy, hope you find your dad!” – Elf movie
15. “Does somebody need a hug?” – Elf movie
16. “Have you seen these toilets? They’re ginormous!” – Elf movie
17. “I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands.” – Elf movie
18. “I’m in love, I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it.” – Elf movie
19. “I’m sorry I ruined your lives and crammed 11 cookies into the VCR.” – Elf movie
20. “If you see a sign that says ‘Peep Show’, that doesn’t mean they’re letting you look at presents before Christmas.” – Elf movie
Don’t forget to also check out these interesting Ferris Bueller quotes.
Elf quotes that will make you laugh
21. “Nice purple dress. Very purpley.” – Elf movie
22. “Not now, Arctic Puffin!” – Elf movie
23. “Of course, you’re not an elf. You’re six-foot-three and had a beard since you were fifteen.” – Elf movie
24. “Some call it ‘the show’ or ‘the big dance;’ it’s the profession that every elf aspires to—and that is to build toys in Santa’s workshop.” – Elf movie
25. “Son of a nutcracker!” – Elf movie
26. “Then I traveled through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, past the sea of twirly-swirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.” – Elf movie
You might also like these Remember the Titans quotes from the inspiring movie.
27. “There’s room for everyone on the Nice List!” – Elf movie
28. “This place reminds me of Santa’s Workshop. Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.” – Elf movie
29. “Why don’t you just say it? I’m the worst toy-maker in the world? I am a cotton-headed ninny-muggins!” – Elf movie
30. “You did it! Congratulations! World’s best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It’s great to be here.” – Elf movie
Don’t forget to also check out these Letterkenny quotes that will make you want to pack up and move to Canada.
Which of these Elf quotes is your favorite?
In Will Ferrell’s own words, “’Elf has become this big holiday movie, and I remember running around the streets of New York in tights saying, ‘This could be the last movie I ever make,’ and I could never have predicted that it’d become such a popular film.”
Elf quotes are now Christmas staples spreading cheers to everyone who can relate.
Elf has already made more than $220 million since its release date in 2013. If you’re needing a feel-good comedy with lots of memorable lines, this film is for you. Watch it while taking your much-deserved downtime and get ready to meet Buddy who will teach you a thing or two about the world’s much-needed Christmas spirit.
December 22, 2019 7:30 AM EST