People looking to get more out of life and accomplish their goals will love these Atomic Habits quotes!
Atomic Habits is a non-fiction book written by James Clear and published by Avery in 2018 that has gone on to be a New York Times Best Seller.
The book consists of 320 pages that will help you break bad habits and start good habits.
James Clear is one of the experts on habit formation, and he uses his ability to condense complex topics into simple situations that anyone can apply.
Atomic Habits’ full title is “Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones.”
James Clear uses ideas from biology, psychology, and neuroscience to create this helpful book so that you can start discarding your bad habits and building new good habits.
Look at these Atomic Habits quotes to learn more about this transformational book.
You will also enjoy our article on Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff quotes.
Best Atomic Habits Quotes to Motivate You
If you’re ready to make changes in your life, these quotes will help motivate you to get started.
1. “Be the designer of your own world and not merely the consumer of it.” — James Clear
2. “When you can’t win by being better, you can win by being different.” — James Clear
3. “Missing once is an accident. Missing twice is the start of a new habit.” — James Clear
4. “Incentives can start a habit. Identity sustains a habit.” — James Clear
5. “Decide the type of person you want to be. Prove it to yourself with small wins.” — James Clear
6. “We are so focused on figuring out the best approach that we never get around to taking action.” — James Clear
7. “If you want better results, then forget about setting goals. Focus on your system instead.” — James Clear
8. “Success is the product of daily habits—not once-in-a-lifetime transformations.” — James Clear
9. “You should be far more concerned with your current trajectory than with your current results.” — James Clear
10. “You don’t have to be the victim of your environment. You can also be the architect of it.” — James Clear
Check out our collection of The Untethered Soul quotes if you enjoy this article.
Take Action with these Atomic Habits Quotes
James Clear shares how setting goals is ineffective if you don’t take action, get started and keep going.
11. “You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems.” — James Clear
12. “Goals are good for setting a direction, but systems are best for making progress.” — James Clear
13. “The purpose of setting goals is to win the game. The purpose of building systems is to continue playing the game.” — James Clear
14. “The only way to become excellent is to be endlessly fascinated by doing the same thing over and over. You have to fall in love with boredom.” — James Clear
15. “All big things come from small beginnings. The sea of every habit is a single, tiny decision.” — James Clear
16. “The task of building a good habit is like cultivating a delicate flower one day at a time.” — James Clear
17. “Anyone can work hard when they feel motivated. It’s the ability to keep going when work isn’t exciting that makes the difference.” — James Clear
18. “As a general rule, the more immediate pleasure you get from an action, the more strongly you should question whether it aligns with your long-term goals.” — James Clear
Atomic Habits Quotes to Improve Your Life
If you want to experience a positive life change, these quotes can help inspire you.
19. “It’s one thing to say, ‘I’m the type of person who wants this.’ It’s something very different to say, ‘I’m the type of person who is this.’” — James Clear
20. “The greatest threat to success is not failure but boredom. We get bored with habits because they stop delighting us.” — James Clear
21. “Good habits can make rational sense, but if they conflict with your identity, you will fail to put them into action.” — James Clear
22. “If you’re willing to wait for the rewards, you’ll face less competition and often get a bigger payoff. As the saying goes, the last mile is always the least crowded.” — James Clear
23. “Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become. No single instance will transform your beliefs, but as the votes build up, so does the evidence of your new identity.” — James Clear
24. “The more pride you have in a particular aspect of your identity, the more motivated you will be to maintain the habits associated with it.” — James Clear
25. “When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it—but all that had gone before.” — James Clear
What Will I Learn From This Book?
Changing your habits can make your goals realistic and take your life to new heights.
Please share these Atomic Habits quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the book in the comment section below.