Sometimes all we need to do to achieve the life we aim for is take a risk, as these leap of faith quotes will show you.
In the comments below, share which quote motivated you the most.
Do you ever wonder why some people seem to get the things that they want in life, and others don’t?
One reason is that some people are too afraid to take risks in life to really go after the things that they want.
Instead, they allow fear to keep them from doing things.
Making big changes in life to go after the things that you want usually requires taking a leap of faith.
If you need some motivation to help you overcome the fear, these leap of faith quotes will help.
Don’t forget to also check out these quotes about taking risks to inspire your inner lion.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Leap of faith quotes about risks
1. “Every great move forward in your life begins with a leap of faith, a step into the unknown.”- Brian Tracy
You will also enjoy our article on rumi quotes.
2. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
You will also enjoy our article on God’s plan quotes.
3. “It’s a leap of faith doing any serialized storytelling.” — J. J. Abrams
You will also enjoy our article on Gravity Falls quotes.
4. “I love the recklessness of faith. First, you leap, and then you grow wings.” — William Sloane Coffin
You will also enjoy our article on butterfly quotes.
5. “She took a leap of faith and grew her wings on the way down.” — David Brinkley
You will also enjoy our article on faith quotes.
6. “Leap, and the net will appear.” — Julia Margaret Cameron
You will also enjoy our article on time flies quotes.
7. “Taking a leap of faith is better than taking a leap of doubt.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
You will also enjoy our article on doubt quotes.
8. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” — Corrie Ten Boom
You will also enjoy our article on God is good quotes.
9. “Sometimes all you need is a big leap of faith.” — Sean Bean
You will also enjoy our article on new job quotes.
10. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” — Muhammad Ali
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Muhammad Ali quotes on life, love, and being a champion.
Leap of faith quotes to give you courage
11. “To live, to truly live, we must be willing to risk. To be nothing in order to find everything. To leap before we look.” — Mandy Hale
You will also enjoy our article on trust quotes.
12. “There are many talented people who haven’t fulfilled their dreams because they over thought it, or they were too cautious and were unwilling to make the leap of faith.” — James Cameron
13. “What if you began to expect the best from any situation? Isn’t it possible that you could write new chapters in your life with happy endings? Suspend your disbelief? Take a leap of faith? After all, what have you got to lose but misery and lack?” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
14. “Don’t you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone!” — Ken Watanabe
15. “Wings are like dreams. Before each flight, a bird takes a small jump, a leap of faith, believing that its wings will work. That jump can only be made with rock solid feet.” — J.R. Rim
16. “Things can fall apart, or threaten to, for many reasons, and then there’s got to be a leap of faith. Ultimately, when you’re at the edge, you have to go forward or backward; if you go forward, you have to jump together.” — Yo-You Ma
17. “But failure has to be an option in art and in exploration – because it’s a leap of faith. And no important endeavor that required innovation was done without risk. You have to be willing to take those risks…” — James Cameron
18. “I am coming to terms with the fact that loving someone requires a leap of faith, and that a soft landing is never guaranteed.” — Sarah Dessen
19. “We often are so scared of taking that leap of faith either to connect with people or to allow ourselves to be ourselves without judging, that we stay where we are and feel trapped there.” — Jodi Aman
20. “If you keep standing on the verge of greatness, you’ll eventually get the courage to leap into it.” — Curtis Tyrone Jones
Leap of faith quotes on what you need to take that step
21. “Sometimes taking a leap of faith requires an imaginative mind that can create the ending you are unable to see.” — Shannon L. Alder
22. “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
23. “Sometimes you just have to have faith. Sometimes you have to leap first to see if your parachute will open.” — Sonali Dev
24. “Allowing people to contribute to your life is a leap of faith. And that comes gradually with self-actualization and overcoming fears of uncertainty.” — Deepak Chandra
25. “The challenging part is in the beginning; it’s a leap of faith. But I think the most important thing is to just do it. Start.” — Tom Szaky
26. “Leap of faith—yes, but only after reflection.”― Soren Kierkegaard
27. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
28. “In order to achieve your dreams, you need to know your dream in the first place.” – Tara Meyer-Robson
29. “You take that leap of faith. You have to be willing to follow, blindly, wherever it takes you. If you know where you’re going beforehand, you’re not going to end up with anything worth knowing.” — Sam Messer
30. “When there is no possibility of retreat, we will find the innovation that only the liminal situation can bring. In short, we find the faith of leap.” — Alan Hirsch
Necessary leap of faith quotes
31. “You can’t solve many of today’s problems by straight linear thinking. It takes leaps of faith to sense the connections that are not necessarily obvious.” — Matina Horner
32. “The journey to understanding begins with a leap of faith.” — Dannika Dark
33. “It’s always a leap of faith when you get involved with somebody.” — Christian Slater
34. “Preparation can only take you so far, after that you’ve got to take a few leaps of faith.” — Michael Scofield
35. “Upgrading one’s imagination about what is possible is always a leap of faith.” — Clay Shirky
36. “Everything beautiful that we create in life requires a leap of faith.” — Paul Budnitz
37. “Most processes leave out the stuff no one wants to talk about: magic, intuition and leaps fo faith.” — Michael Bierut
Leap of faith quotes to keep you going strong
38. “When I took the leap, I had faith I would find a net; Instead, I learned I could fly.” — John Calvin
39. “One new perception, one fresh thought, one act of surrender, one change of heart, one leap of faith, can change your life forever.” — Robert Holden
40. “It only takes one idea, one second in time, one friend, one dream, one leap of faith, to change everything forever.” — Mike Dooley
41. “I don’t need anyone to look after me financially and, while it’s hard to trust that a man loves you for the right reasons, you have to take a leap of faith.” — Tamara Ecclestone
42. “If you’re not sure about a certain decision, you should try a leap of faith; for you know not how deep you would fall when you jump.” — Mr. One ZED
43. “Marriage is a leap of faith. You are each other’s safety net.” — Erica Bauermeister
44. “Take a leap of faith. You will either land somewhere new or learn to fly.” — Kandyse Mcclure
45. “Creativity is always a leap of faith. You’re faced with a blank page, blank easel, or an empty stage.” — Julia Cameron
46. “Ultimately it’s a leap of faith and a leap of imagination to put yourself back in time into those conditions and situations and see how you would react.” — Derek Jacobi
47. “Its time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap.” — Stephen Schwartz
48. “You have to take a leap of faith to realize a dream, and this is something that a lot of people aren’t willing to do.” — Ron Bramlett
49. “When the time comes to leap in faith whether you have your eyes open or closed or scream all the way down or not makes no practical difference.” — Lois McMaster Bujold
50. “Take a leap of faith and see that these troubled waters have no power over you unless you give it to them, and even then they lie.” — Ted Dekker
More leap of faith quotes and sayings
51. “An entrepreneur is someone who will jump off a cliff and assemble an airplane on the way down.” -— Reid Hoffman
52. “It was that initial leap of utter faith, that initial lurch into motion, that had my limbs locking up.” — Sarah J. Maas
53. “You’ll always be curious yet deliriously sinking into whatever your nightmare is until you let your wings know you’re serious by leaping into your wildest dreams of self-love.” — Curtis Tyrone Jones
54. “Chance is not a word to toss in the air. It’s a word to take in, a word to give yourself.” — Michelle Muriel
55. “Sometimes the gap between what you are and what you want to be is a little piece of paper called your college degree. So jump.” — Joyce Rachelle
56. “If we never had the courage to take a leap of faith, we’d be cheating God out of a chance to mount us up with wings like eagles and watch us soar.” — Jen Stephens
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of cheating quotes that will empower you during this difficult time.
57. “Just because anyone can, doesn’t mean everyone should.” — Chris Colfer
58. “Life remains unchanged till a leap of faith runs towards heaven.” — Santosh Kalwar
59. “There is a leap of faith with any conclusion the mind can conceive.” — H. Mortara
60. “Don’t be afraid to start over. Because it is in that leap to the unknown where you will find your wings.” — Brittany Burgunder
Leap of faith quotes for writers, editors, and everyone else
61. “Leap, and the net will appear.” — John Burroughs
62. “Letting go of the security of what is commonly understood requires a big leap of faith and a willingness to fall.” — Henry Kimsey-House
63. “Sometimes a leap of faith doesn’t pan out.” — Edwin Catmull
64. “There is always a certain leap of faith that editors have made with their nonfiction writers.” — A. Scott Berg
65. “All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without benefit of experience.” — Henry Miller
66. “The artist never entirely knows. We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.” — Agnes de Mille
67. “Nobody understands how the world will change. The only way you can plan for the future is to have scenarios. You have to have the courage to take a leap of faith on one of them.” — Anand Mahindra
68. “It’s always a leap of faith when you get involved with somebody.” — Christian Slater
67. “Take that risky leap of faith and damn the consequences because there really are hardly any consequences, only great rewards!” — Chinonye J. Chidolue
70. “Ultimately it’s a leap of faith and a leap of imagination to put yourself back in time into those conditions and situations and see how you would react.” — Derek Jacobi
Leap of faith quotes to inspire you to take that plunge
71. “What if I fall oh but my darling what if you fly.” ― J. M. Barrie
72. “Life is a gamble. There are no sureties. If you want something badly, you’d have to trust your heart and your instincts and then take a leap of faith.” ― Alyssa Urbano
73. “It certainly is a puzzle.” He turned back to the broken road. “But sometimes to find the answer, you have to take a leap of faith.” ― Dianna Hardy
74. “Nobody gets argued all the way into becoming a believer on the sheer basis of logic and reason. That requires a leap of faith.” ― Francis Collins
75. “Moving out to L.A. for me was a leap of faith. I was very secure in my dinner theater world; I loved it, and I was just like, ‘I think there’s something else out there for me and I just have to go for it.'” ― Amy Adams
76. “In 2006, I made the decision to go after my dream. I was living in Atlanta and had a promising career in marketing, but I took a leap of faith and decided to move to New York, enroll in graduate school, and pursue acting.” ― Adrienne C. Moore
77. “Having women who are already successful take the leap of faith to help younger women is critical.” ― Caroline Ghosn
78. “You have to take a leap of faith before exposing yourself completely in terms of feelings and desires – especially if you’re a woman.” ― Mya
79. “My feeling is that I think writers in general tend to be self-conscious and it takes a bit of a leap of faith or just not giving a sh-t to write something you know people are going to criticize.” ― Conor Oberst
80. “If you are ever going to achieve as much as you can in a sport, you are going to have to be willing to make a leap of faith to learn how much your body can handle.” ― Meredith Rainey-Valmon
Leap Of Faith Quotes To Bring Change
81. “Leave behind your old self and take a leap of faith into the unknown, you will surely find out what you are truly capable of becoming. Always have faith folks.” ― Kemmy Nola
82. “No one else in our family was a professional musician so this took an enormous leap of faith on their part.” ― Tony Visconti
83. “In e-commerce, your prices have to be better because the consumer has to take a leap of faith in your product.” ― Ashton Kutcher
84. “There is nothing anti-intellectual in the leap of faith, for faith is not believing without proof but trusting without reservation.” ― William Sloane Coffin
85. “Love requires a leap of faith into the abyss, every time.” ― Tammara Webber
86. “Gravity is love, and every turn is a leap of faith.” ― Warren Miller
87. “I suppose love is never a sure thing, no matter what words are spoken. Love requires a leap of faith into the abyss, every time.” ― Tammara Webber
88. “Stand straight, walk proud, have a little faith.” ― Garth Brooks
89. “All it takes is one leap of faith.” ― EK Dobbins
90. “Sometimes its better to take a leap of faith and just believe what you hear instead of trying to find the story behind it.” ― Ash Sweeney
What did you learn from these leap of faith quotes?
There can be risks involved when you take a leap of faith.
So, it’s a good idea to make sure you do some reflecting, thinking, and planning first.
But many people get stuck in the research phase.
They eventually use it as an excuse not to have to take that leap of faith.
But in order for things to actually happen, there comes a time when the only thing for you to do is jump into action.
Even if things don’t turn out exactly like you want them to, you will learn important lessons along the way to help you in the future.
And better yet, that leap of faith may just lead to everything you’ve been hoping for.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these leap of faith quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.