These Attack on Titan quotes come from some of the fan favorites including Eren Jaeger, Armin Arlert, and Mikasa Ackerman.
Attack on Titan started out as a manga in 2009. However, in a little over a decade, it became one of the best-selling manga series of all time. It also snowballed into a popular anime series.
The show and the manga series have a giant fan base, despite being banned in China! It was such a success that a live-action movie adaptation was developed and Marvel invited the franchise to take part in a crossover comic.
Just why is a popular anime series, like Attack on Titan, banned in China? Well, they first banned the show in 2015, along with several other popular anime series. The Chinese Ministry of Culture bans anything they feel is inappropriate for public consumption.
Since the anime series included either “scenes of violence, pornography, terrorism and crimes against public morality,” the Chinese government bans it. China is known for having an incredibly restrictive media policy, so it isn’t surprising that they banned this kind of anime.
That doesn’t stop the rest of the world from watching it or reading about Attack on Titan. Check out these inspiring, funny, and even dark Attack on Titan quotes, and learn more about the movie!
Don’t forget to also check out these Killua quotes from the popular Anime/Manga series.
AOT quotes from Eren Jaeger
1. “If you think reality is just living comfortably and following your own whims, can you seriously dare to call yourself a soldier?” ― Eren Jaeger
2. “What is the point if those with the means and power do not fight?” ― Eren Jaeger
3. “I don’t have time to worry if it’s right or wrong, you can’t hope for a horror story with a happy ending.” ― Eren Jaeger
4. “I want to see and understand the world outside. I don’t want to die inside these walls without knowing what’s out there.” ― Eren Jaeger
5. “Nothing can suppress a human’s curiosity.” ― Eren Jaeger
6. “I’ll slaughter you all… and take back what you stole… All of it!” ― Eren Jaeger
7. “If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.” ― Eren Jaeger
8. “I knew… you were more of a hero than anyone else.” ― Eren Jaeger
9. “I don’t have time to worry if it’s right or wrong, you can’t hope for a horror story with a happy ending.” ― Eren Jaeger
10. “I can do this. No, we can do this! Because we’ve all been special since the day we were born. We’re free!” ― Eren Jaeger
11. “No matter how messed up things get, you can always figure out the best solution.” ― Eren Jaeger
12. “I disposed of some dangerous beasts. Mere animals that just happened to resemble humans.” ― Eren Jaeger
Best Attack on Titan quotes from Armin Arlert
13. “People are crazy for believing that these walls will protect us forever. Even though the walls have been intact for the past 100 years, there’s nothing that can guarantee they won’t be broken down today.” ― Armin Arlert
14. “You’re only resorting to physical abuse because you can’t prove that I’m wrong.” ― Armin Arlert
15. “When people are faced with a situation they don’t understand, it’s easy for fear to take hold.” ― Armin Arlert
16. “People who can’t throw something important away, can never hope to change anything.” ― Armin Arlert Armin Arlert
17. “I’m leaving it all with Eren. My dream, my life, everything. I have nothing else left to lose. I’m sure Eren will be able to reach the ocean. He’ll have to see it for both of us.” ― Armin Arlert
18. “To surpass monsters, you must be willing to abandon your humanity.” ― Armin Arlert
19. “Willpower alone isn’t enough in battle.” ― Armin Arlert
20. “We’re going to explore the outside world someday, right? Far beyond these walls, there’s flaming water land made of ice, and fields of sand spread wide. It’s the world my parents wanted to go to.” ― Armin Arlert
21. “I don’t like the terms good person or bad person because it’s impossible to be entirely good to everyone, or entirely bad to everyone. To some, you are a good person, while to others you are a bad person.” ― Armin Arlert
22. “The strong feed upon the weak. It’s such an obligingly simple rule. Except in this world, my friends tried to be strong.” ― Armin Arlert
23. “Everyone can make a choice after they have learned what it will result in. It is so easy to say we should have done it this way afterward. But you can’t know what your choice will result in before actually choosing.” ― Armin Arlert
24. “I was, I am, and I remain a soldier, sworn to devote my heart and soul to the restoration of humankind. There is no greater glory than dying for that belief!” ― Armin Arlert
25. “I’d rather die than become a burden.” ― Armin Arlert
Attack on Titan quotes from Levi Ackerman
26. “A lot of the time, you’re going into a situation you know nothing about. So what you need is to be quick to act… and make tough decisions in worst-case scenarios.” ― Levi Ackerman
27. “Some scouts’ lives are more valuable than others, only those dumb enough to acknowledge that join us.” ― Levi Ackerman
28. “The lesson you need to learn right now can’t be taught with words, only with action.” ― Levi Ackerman
29. “The only thing we’re allowed to do is believe that we won’t regret the choice we made.” ― Levi Ackerman
30. “I think pain is the best discipline.” ― Levi Ackerman
“It’s good to see that someone has the balls to go. But don’t forget to do your damnedest to stay alive.” ― Levi Ackerman
31. “If you don’t want to die, think!” ― Levi Ackerman
32. “The difference between your decision and ours is experience. But you don’t have to rely on that.” ― Levi Ackerman
33. “No casualties, Don’t you dare Die!” ― Levi Ackerman
Attack on Titan quotes from Mikasa Ackerman
34. “This world is merciless, and it’s also very beautiful.” ― Mikasa Ackerman
35. That’s right… This world… is cruel. It hit me that living was like a miracle.” ― Mikasa Ackerman
36. “I’m sorry Eren. I won’t give up. I’ll never give up again. So I’ll win, no matter what! I’ll survive no matter what.” ― Mikasa Ackerman
37. “The world is crammed with cruelty.” ― Mikasa Ackerman
38. “I am strong, real strong. None of you come close.” ― Mikasa Ackerman
39. “Only victors are allowed to live. This world is merciless like that.” ― Mikasa Ackerman
40. “Believe in your own power.” ― Mikasa Ackerman
41. “Once I’m dead, I won’t be able to remember you. So I’ll win no matter what. I’ll live no matter what.” ― Mikasa Ackerman
42. “You don’t stand a single chance to win unless you fight.” ― Mikasa Ackerman
Attack on Titan quotes from Ymir and Erwin Smith
43. “I want to survive… And see her again. As a person, I’m really lower than shit. But she knows that, and she smiles kindly at me, anyway.” ― Ymir
44. “Do you always want to live hiding behind the mask you put up for the sake of others? You’re you, and there’s nothing wrong with that.” ― Ymir
45. “Living this way is my way of getting revenge. I’m going to be living proof that your fate isn’t decided at birth!” ― Ymir
46. “I too used to believe that the world would be a better place if I hadn’t been born. I was hated merely for the fact that I existed, and I died for the happiness of many people. But there was one thing I wished for with all my heart… If I’m ever given a second chance in life, I want to live for only myself. That is my sincere wish.” ― Ymir
47. “If we only focus on making the best moves, we will never get the better of our opponent. When necessary, we must be willing to take big risks, and be prepared to lose everything. Unless we change how we fight, we cannot win.” ― Erwin Smith
48. “If you begin to regret, you’ll dull your future decisions and let others make your choices for you. All that’s left for you then is to die. Nobody can foretell the outcome. Each decision you make holds meaning only by affecting your next decision.” ― Erwin Smith
49. “It’s us who gives meaning to our comrades’ lives.” ― Erwin Smith
50. They want to know what became of the heart they gave. Because the fighting isn’t over yet.” ― Erwin Smith
Which of these Attack on Titan quotes is your favorite?
The Japanese post-apocalyptic action film based on Attack on Titan premiered in 2015 with the first part. The second part premiered later that year in September and was subtitled End of the World.
The films are directed by Shinji Higuchi and were written by Yūsuke Watanabe and Tomohiro Machiyama. The cast includes Haruma Miura (Eren Yeager), Kiko Mizuhara (Mikasa Ackerman), and Kanata Hongō (Armin Arlert).
The story follows the manga and the anime when it comes to the plot of the story. Eren Yeager, and his childhood friends Mikasa Ackerman and Armin Arlert, join the Survey Corps. This is a military corporation committed to fighting the massive humanoids (Titans) that attack their cities despite walls aimed at keeping them safe.
Are you an Attack on Titan fan? Do you prefer the manga, the anime series (which you can watch on Netflix), or the live-action film? Let us know in the comment section below.
July 23, 2021 7:00 AM EST