Fans of young adult fantasy will love these Six of Crows quotes from the hit book!
Six of Crows is a young adult fantasy novel by Leigh Bardugo and published by Henry Holt and Co. in 2015.
The story’s plot takes place in a city called Ketterdam, the capital of Kerch.
In the city, a dangerous drug that controls people’s minds is being tested by a city councilman.
The testing shows that the drug kills the recipients after a few days.
A merchant named Jan Van Eck finds Kaz Brekker, a 17-year-old criminal mastermind, and gets him to agree to rescue the drugs inventory from a military stronghold called the Ice Court.
Kaz agrees to take on the task for a large reward and recruits five others to form a diverse team of individuals that can complete the mission.
Take a look at these Six of Crows quotes to learn more about this popular book.
You will also enjoy our article on A Course in Miracles quotes.
Popular Six of Crows Quotes
Enjoy these popular, funny, and clever quotes that give glimpses into the storyline.
1. “Greed bows to me. It is my servant and my lever.” — Leigh Bardugo
2. “The water hears and understands. The ice does not forgive.” — Leigh Bardugo
3. “What doesn’t kill me, better run.” — Leigh Bardugo
4. “No mourners. No funerals.” — Leigh Bardugo
5. “It’s not natural for someone to be as stupid as he is tall, and yet there you stand.” — Leigh Bardugo
6. “Do you have a different name for killing when you wear a uniform to do it?” — Leigh Bardugo
7. “When everyone knows you’re a monster, you needn’t waste time doing every monstrous thing.” — Leigh Bardugo
8. “They were like anyone else—full of the potential to do great good, and also great harm.” — Leigh Bardugo
9. “The easiest way to steal a man’s wallet is to tell him you’re going to steal his watch.” — Leigh Bardugo
10. “There was no part of him that was not broken, that had not healed wrong, and there was no part of him that was not stronger for having been broken.” — Leigh Bardugo
Check out our collection of Acotar quotes if you enjoy this article.
Six of Crows Quotes Sharing Lessons to Learn From
These quotes share truths we can pull something from.
11. “Better terrible truths than kind lies.” — Leigh Bardugo
12. “We are all someone’s monster, Nina.” — Leigh Bardugo
13. “You’ve cheated death too many times. Greed may do your bidding, but death serves no man.” — Leigh Bardugo
14. “When power shifts, someone always suffers.” — Leigh Bardugo
15. “And that’s what destroyed you in the end—the longing for something you could never have.” — Leigh Bardugo
16. “I trade in information—the things men do when they think no one is looking. Shame holds more value than coin ever can.” — Leigh Bardugo
17. “Maybe your tutors didn’t cover this lesson, but you do not argue with a man covered in blood and a knife up his sleeve.” — Leigh Bardugo
Six of Crows Quotes for Relationships
Romantics will enjoy these quotes on love and relationships.
18. “I have been made to protect you. Only in death will I be kept from this oath.” — Leigh Bardugo
19. “The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.” — Leigh Bardugo
20. “She wouldn’t wish love on anyone. It was the guest you welcomed and then couldn’t be rid of.” — Leigh Bardugo
21. “She’d laughed, and if he could have bottled the sound and gotten drunk on it every night, he would have. It terrified him.” — Leigh Bardugo
22. “I would have come for you. And if I couldn’t walk, I’d crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we’d fight our way out together-knives drawn, pistols blazing.” — Leigh Bardugo
23. “She’d shown him in a thousand ways that she was honorable and strong, and generous, and very human—maybe even more vividly human than anyone he’d ever known.” — Leigh Bardugo
24. “That she was lovely and brave and better than anything he deserved. That he was twisted, crooked, wrong, but not so broken that he couldn’t pull himself together into some semblance of a man for her.” — Leigh Bardugo
25. “But someday you’ll meet a boy who will learn your favorite flower, your favorite song, your favorite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won’t matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does.” — Leigh Bardugo
Are the Six Crows Able to Complete the Mission?
Kaz and his crew sneak into the military fortress, but an alarm is sounded when one of their crew is recognized.
The team must quickly make a new plan, and they end up rescuing the inventor’s son, who had been forced to make the drug after his father’s death and escaping.
When they return for their reward, Jan Van Eck double-crosses them, and Kaz is forced to turn to his enemy Pekka Rollins to save his crew.
Please share these Six of Crows quotes with your friends that enjoy young adult fiction and post any comments about the book in the comment section below.
And if you liked these Six of Crows quotes, you will love the Crooked Kingdom Quotes from the sequel novel!