Fans of classic female actresses will enjoy these Ava Gardner Quotes.
Ava Lavinia Gardner was born in Grabtown, North Carolina, in 1922 and died in London, England, in 1990.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
During her 45-year career, she was nominated for numerous awards.
In 1999, she ranked number 25 on the American Film Institute’s greatest female screen legends list.
She was not thinking of an acting career, but at 18 years old, a talent scout spotted her picture in the window of her brother-in-law’s photography studio.
He quickly signed her to an acting contract.
Ava’s first appearance was in 1941, but her first significant role came in 1946 when she appeared in The Killers.
Ava appeared in many more roles throughout her career.
Although she was very beautiful, she did not allow herself to be put in a role as a sex symbol.
Check out these Ava Gardner quotes to learn more about this successful actress.
Famous Ava Gardner Quotes
Ava Gardner had many famous quotes; you can see some below.
1. “I do everything for a reason.” — Ava Gardner
2. “Deep down, I’m pretty superficial.” — Ava Gardner
3. “I hate cheating. I won’t put up with it.” — Ava Gardner
4. “The truth is, honey, I’ve enjoyed my life.” — Ava Gardner
5. “Fame gives you everything you never wanted.” — Ava Gardner
6. “When I’m old and gray, I want to have a house by the sea.” — Ava Gardner
7. “If I had my life to live over again, I’d live it the same way.” — Ava Gardner
8. “I must have seen more sunrises than any other actress in the history of Hollywood.” — Ava Gardner
9. “I think the main reason my marriages failed is that I always loved too well but never wisely.” — Ava Gardner
10. “Although no one believes me, I have always been a country girl and still have a country girl’s values.” — Ava Gardner
Wise Ava Gardner Quotes
Check out some wise quotes by Ava Gardner.
11. “I don’t mind growing old.” — Ava Gardner
12. “I’ve certainly never taken the care of myself that I should have.” — Ava Gardner
13. “Fame and fortune does not mean anything if you don’t have a happy home.” — Ava Gardner
14. “Some of the things that I regret most in my life happened when I was drinking.” — Ava Gardner
15. “I sober up immediately when there is genuine bad news in my life; I never face it with alcohol in my brain.” — Ava Gardner
16. “Don’t think for a minute that bad publicity and endless criticism don’t leave their claw marks on everyone concerned.” — Ava Gardner
17. “Women’s liberation as a movement makes some valid points. But in the final analysis, it doesn’t matter who wears the pants – as long as there’s money in the pockets.” — Ava Gardner
The Best Ava Gardner Quotes
Here are some of Ava Gardner’s best quotes!
18. “I never understood why I was so famous.” — Ava Gardner
19. “I was never an actress – none of us kids at Metro were.” — Ava Gardner
20. “The truth is that the only time I’m happy is when I’m doing absolutely nothing.” — Ava Gardner
21. “I never had the proper respect for acting. Quite often, I learned my lines on the way to the studio.” — Ava Gardner
22. “I haven’t been in jail, and I don’t go running to the psychiatrist every two minutes. That’s something of an accomplishment these days.” — Ava Gardner
23. “I think the most vulgar thing about Hollywood is the way it believes its own gossip.” — Ava Gardner
24. “Because I was promoted as a sort of a siren and played all those sexy broads, people made the mistake of thinking I was like that off the screen. They couldn’t have been more wrong.” — Ava Gardner
25. “I’m not saying my own looks don’t give the game away. Nothing I can do about that anymore. A nip and tuck ain’t gonna do it.” — Ava Gardner
Ava Gardner’s Personal Life
Ava was the youngest of seven children and grew up following the Baptist faith.
However, she turned away from religion when her father passed away, and a preacher would not come to see him on his deathbed.
Ava was married three times, to Mickey Rooney, Artie Shaw, and Frank Sinatra, but each marriage ended in divorce.
At 67, years of smoking caught up with Ava, and she passed away from pneumonia and fibrosing alveolitis.
Share these Ava Gardner Quotes with your friends who enjoy the film industry.
Post any comments about Ava in the comment section below.