These Ocean Quotes Will Inspire Beauty And Depth
April 18, 2023 4:00 AM EST
A world of wonder and mystery, let these incredible ocean quotes open your mind and your heart to the great unknown.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by Wallace J. Nichols, author of “Blue Mind,” being near, in, on, or under water can provide numerous mental health benefits.
Nichols’ research demonstrates that exposure to water can lead to a calmer, more focused, and creative state of mind.
Oceans are the lifeblood of our planet and all the creatures that live here.
They cover nearly three-quarters of the earth and hold 97% of our planet’s water.
Oceans affect our lives and those of our loved ones, no matter how far from the shore we live.
We depend on the oceans for the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat and even the products that keep us warm, safe, informed and entertained.
Besides, research has shown that being near the ocean can make you calmer and more creative.
When you sit near the ocean and gaze out at the water, you give your brain and senses a rest from overstimulation, get into a mindful state, and trigger insights and ideas that eluded you while you were sitting at your computer.
Ocean water can also inspire you to be more compassionate and connected.
While in the restful, contemplative state associated with interacting with water, you are likely to experience feelings of awe, which can increase your capacity for connection and empathy.
Besides, a workout by or in ocean water can be more beneficial to your body and mind than exercising in a crowded, hectic gym environment.
To open your mind and heart to the great unknown, below is our collection of inspirational, beautiful, and insightful ocean quotes, ocean sayings, and ocean proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We also have a collection of magical forest quotes about the beauty of nature.
Don’t forget to read that as well.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Ocean Quotes To Inspire Beauty And Depth
A survey by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) found that more than 39% of the U.S. population lives in coastal shoreline counties, emphasizing the strong connection between humans and the ocean.
Living close to the ocean not only offers recreation and economic opportunities but also has a significant impact on people’s mental well-being.
1. “There’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” – Sarah Kay
You will also enjoy our article on Navy quotes
2. “The universe is an ocean upon which we are the waves. While some decide to surf, others venture to dive.” – Charbel Tadros
You will also enjoy our article on marine quotes.
3. “The ocean was magical to her, its depths and mysteries were boundless, its call irresistible.” – Jeff Mariotte
You will also enjoy our article on swimming quotes.
4. “You will love the ocean. It makes you feel small, but not in a bad way. Small because you realize you’re part of something bigger.” – Lauren Myracle
You will also enjoy our article on hawaiian quotes.
5. “If the ocean can calm itself, so can you. We are both salt water mixed with air.” ― Nayyirah Waheed
You will also enjoy our article on breathe quotes.
6. “Summer is calling me with the music of an ocean breeze. I must go dance with the waves of love.” – Debasish Mridha
You will also enjoy our article on sunset quotes.
7. “You could start now, and spend another forty years learning about the sea without running out of new things to know.” – Peter Benchley
You will also enjoy our article on lighthouse quotes.
8. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on blue quotes.
9. “You can either see yourself as a wave in the ocean or you can see yourself as the ocean.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “The ocean has a life of its own. Its tides, whirlpools, currents and eddies are a testament to its conflicting emotions.” – Anthony T. Hincks
Also read these mindfulness lake quotes that will bring your life peace.
Ocean quotes to remind you of its vastness and beauty
Research conducted by the European Marine Board indicates that marine and coastal ecosystems provide crucial cultural services, including spiritual enrichment, cognitive development, and aesthetic appreciation.
These services contribute to improved mental health, well-being, and a sense of identity for those who live close to or engage with oceanic environments.
11. “She loves the serene brutality of the ocean, loves the electric power she felt with each breath of wet, briny air.” – Holly Black
You will also enjoy our article on Moana quotes.
12. “My soul is full of longing for the secret of the sea. And the heart of the great ocean sends a thrilling pulse through me.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
13. “Be alone with the sea for it is there you will find answers to questions you didn’t realize exist.” – Khang Kijarro Nguyen
14. “I love the ocean. I’ve always liked the blue, so tranquil and peaceful and gliding. And the fear of it.” – Siouxsie Sioux
15. “The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths, it has its pearls too.” – Vincent van Gogh
16. “You can’t cross the ocean of life just by dreaming about it, you have to jump in and swim.” – Debasish Mridha
17. “The ocean is a mighty harmonist.” – William Wordsworth
18. “I pray to be like the ocean, with soft currents, maybe waves at times. More and more, I want the consistency rather than the highs and the lows.” – Drew Barrymore
19. “Let the waves carry you where the light can not.” – Mohit Kaushik
20. “We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.” – Mother Teresa
Don’t forget to also read these sea quotes to invoke depth and exploration.
Ocean quotes that will open your mind and heart
A study by the University of California, Irvine found that exposure to blue spaces, such as the ocean, can improve mental health and well-being.
Including this statistic in the article can encourage readers to seek out the calming and restorative effects of the ocean, making them more likely to share ocean quotes that evoke feelings of peace, tranquility, and inner reflection.
21. “Every time I slip into the ocean, it’s like going home.” – Sylvia Earle
22. “I have an immoderate passion for water; for the sea, though so vast, so restless, so beyond one’s comprehension.” – Guy de Maupassant
23. “The ocean is a central image. It is the symbolism of a great journey.” – Enya
24. “Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea would not be part.” – Hermann Broch
25. “Being out there in the ocean, God’s creation, it’s like a gift He has given us to enjoy.” – Bethany Hamilton
27. “The sea knows no limits, makes no concessions. It has given us everything and it can take everything away from us.” – John Ajvide Lindqvist
28. “If peace flows like a river, may it flow into the ocean of our souls.” – J. Autherine
29. “Waves tossed themselves against the shore, dragging grit and sand between their nails as they were slowly pulled back out to sea.” – Holly Black
30. “The ocean is everything I want to be. Beautiful, mysterious, wild, and free.” — Unknown
You might also like these surfing quotes or these waves quotes for surfers & beach lovers.
Ocean quotes that will make you calmer and more creative
According to a study by the University of California, Santa Barbara, spending time near the ocean can lead to increased feelings of awe, wonder, and joy.
Incorporating this statistic into the article can encourage readers to spend more time by the sea and appreciate its beauty, making them more likely to share ocean quotes that capture the emotions inspired by the ocean.
31. “We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.” – William James
32. “I have always been fascinated by the ocean, to dip a limb beneath its surface and know that I’m touching eternity, that it goes on forever until it begins here again.” – Lauren DeStefano
33. “Wild waves rise and fall when they arrive and that’s what makes the calm sea alive.” – Munia Khan
34. “I wish I could describe the feeling of being at sea, the anguish, frustration, and fear, the beauty that accompanies threatening spectacles, the spiritual communion with creatures in whose domain I sail.” – Steve Callahan
35. “A pool just isn’t the same as the ocean. It has no energy. No life.” – Linda Gerber
36. “Just think of any negativity that comes at you as a raindrop falling into the ocean of your bliss.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
37. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” – William Arthur Ward
38. “What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.” – Werner Herzog
39. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea, let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” — Christy Ann Martine
40. “The ocean is an object of no small terror.” – Edmund Burke
Also check out these California quotes that will make you want to pack a bag for the coast.
Beautiful ocean quotes to inspire you
A study by the University of Exeter found that people who live close to the ocean report better physical and mental health.
Incorporating this statistic into the article can help readers understand the benefits of spending time near the ocean, making them more likely to appreciate and share ocean quotes that highlight the healing power of the sea.
41. “You never really know what’s coming. A small wave, or maybe a big one. All you can really do is hope that when it comes, you can surf over it, instead of drowning in its monstrosity.”- Alysha Speer
42. “How I long to be the shore and feel your waves crash upon me over and over again.” – Timothy Joshua Chia
43. “If you want to hear the distant voice of the ocean put your ear to the lips of a seashell.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
44. “Each kiss of an ocean wave is passed along, as long as there is life on and in the seas.” – Anthony T. Hincks
45. “In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth.” – Rachel Carson
46. “Far and away, the greatest threat to the ocean, and thus to ourselves, is ignorance. But we can do something about that.” – Sylvia Earle
47. “Water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing, in the end, can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone.” – Margaret Atwood
48. “A river starts by longing for the ocean.” – Will Advise
49. “If we look at the ocean in a calm, there is something imposing in its aspect; stretched out in its sleeping tranquility, but looking fearfully deep, and its silence seems like that of the lion when crouching for its prey.” – Jenny M Parker
50. “Waves are the voices of tides. Tides are life. They bring new food for shore creatures and take ships out to sea. They are the ocean’s pulse, and our own heartbeat.” – Tamora Pierce
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of sailing quotes about navigating the sea of life.
Ocean quotes to nourish your soul
The National Ocean Service reports that the ocean covers over 70% of the Earth’s surface and contains about 97% of the Earth’s water.
This makes it an incredibly vast and important resource for the planet.
51. “I’m an ocean, because I’m really deep. If you search deep enough you can find rare exotic treasures.” – Christina Aguilera
52. “I want to do everything I can in my own life to protect and preserve the ocean.” – Cody Simpson
53. “Every time you dive, you hope you’ll see something new – some new species. Sometimes the ocean gives you a gift, sometimes it doesn’t.” – James Cameron
54. “It’s when I go down to the beach that the waves come up to greet me.” –
Anthony T. Hincks
55. “You’re not a wave, you’re a part of the ocean.” – Mitch Albom
56. “Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.” – Robert Henri
57. “When people who love the ocean come together, they can achieve extraordinary things.” – Frances Beinecke
58. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” –Jacques Cousteau
59. “Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down.” – Vanessa Paradis
60. “We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch – we are going back from whence we came.” – John F. Kennedy
Ocean quotes that will broaden your thoughts
According to a report by the World Wildlife Fund, over 50% of the world’s oxygen comes from the ocean.
This highlights the importance of taking care of our oceans and preserving marine life.
61. “I’m hopeful that we’ll be able to study the ocean before we destroy it.” – James Cameron
62. “I’m concerned about the ocean and the environment. And I love whales.” – Mayim Bialik
63. “I love the smell of rain, and I love the sound of the ocean waves.” – Amy Purdy
64. “The ocean makes me feel really small and it makes me put my whole life into perspective… it humbles you and makes you feel almost like you’ve been baptized. I feel born again when I get out of the ocean.” – Beyoncé Knowles
65. “Never underestimate the power of the ocean.” – Heidi Klum
66. “To me, the sea is a continual miracle; The fishes that swim–the rocks–the motion of the waves–the ships, with men in them, What stranger miracles are there?” – Walt Whitman
67. “You can never turn your back on the ocean.” – Rip Torn
68. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.“ – Wyland
69. “I’ve always been drawn to the ocean.” – Kenny Chesney
70. “There’s a magical energy and power from the ocean.” – Jo Beverley
Ocean quotes to lift your mood
According to a study by the University of Exeter, spending time near the ocean can improve mental health and well-being.
In fact, people living closer to the coast reported having better mental health than those living further away from it.
71. “Just as every drop of the ocean carries the taste of the ocean, so does every moment carry the taste of eternity.” – Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
72. “You don’t understand. You’re not a wave. You’re part of the ocean.” – Morrie Schwartz
73. “Like the ocean that remains calm in its depths even when waves rage over its surface, and like the sun that continues shining on high even during storms, we can at each moment create value and develop our state of life, enjoying our existence to the fullest in times of both suffering and joy.” –Daisaku Ikeda
74. “The voice of the sea speaks to the soul. The touch of the sea is sensuous, enfolding the body in its soft, close embrace.” – Kate Chopin
75. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Teresa
76. “The ocean has always been a salve to my soul.” – Jimmy Buffett
77. “I threw bitter tears at the ocean, but all that came back was the tide.” –
78. “The sea! The sea! The open sea!, The blue, the fresh, the ever free!” –
79. “Every drop in the ocean counts.” – Yoko Ono
80. “Just as the ocean has waves or the sun has rays, so the minds’s own radiance is its thoughts and emotions.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
Ocean quotes that will make your day
81. “The human desire to obtain more is a sieve that can never be filled with all the water from the world’s oceans.” – Will Bowen
82. “Asking is the beginning of receiving. Make sure you don’t go to the ocean with a teaspoon. At least take a bucket so the kids won’t laugh at you.” – Jim Rohn
83. “Looking out over the ocean you can see reflections of God.” – Catherine Pulsifer
84. “I was happy anywhere I could see the ocean.” — Ai Yazawa
85. “As the ocean is never full of water, so is the heart never full of love.” – Unknown
86. “On the ocean of life let your mind be the ship and your heart be the compass.” – James David Manning
87. “It was one of those days when the ocean takes on all the colors of the rainbow and smiles up from the coral reef in glowing hues,” – Matt Warshaw
88. “Don’t cross oceans for people who wouldn’t cross a puddle for you.” –
89. “I go to the ocean to calm down, to reconnect with the creator, to just be happy.” – Nnedi Okorafor
90. “Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook.” –
William Arthur Ward
Ocean quotes to brighten your day
91. “We could learn to leave things alone and rest in the awareness – the ocean – rather than being thrown around by the waves. This is what meditation practice is all about.” – Gelong Thubten
92. “We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.”– Aristotle Onassis
93. “Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky.” – Sonia Gandhi
94. “Smell the sea and feel the sky.” – Van Morrison
95. “To find the pearls in life’s ocean, you have to venture out far past the shore.” – Unknown
96. “You cannot speak of the ocean to a frog that lives in a well.” –
97. “Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.” – Unknown
98. “Limitless and immortal, the waters are the beginning and end of all things on earth.” – Heinrich Zimmer
99. “No one would have crossed the ocean if he could have gotten off the ship in the storm.” – Charles Kettering
100. “We know that when we protect our oceans we’re protecting our future.” – William J. Clinton
You might also like these water quotes honoring the flow of life.
Ocean quotes that will change the way you think
101. “The sea does not like to be restrained.” – Rick Riordan
102. “No dirt can touch me, like an ocean, everything that comes to me becomes clean.”― Debasish Mridha
103. “The sea will grant each man new hope, and sleep will bring dreams of home.” –Christopher Columbus
104. “You will love the ocean. It makes you feel so… I don’t know. Small, but not in a bad way. Small because you realize you’re part of something bigger.”― Lauren Myracle
105. “I like to let the ocean take me where I’m supposed to go.” – Unknown
106. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are an ocean in a drop.”― Joy N. Hensley
107. “Ocean separates lands, not souls..”― Munia Khan
108. “I heard silence, silence infinite as the bottom of the ocean, a silence that sealed.”― Anne Spollen
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of silence quotes celebrating much-needed downtime.
109. “I go to the ocean to say goodbye.”― Charlotte Eriksson
110. “An ocean which thinks there is nothing to learn from a lake is not a wise ocean!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
Ocean quotes to inspire you today
111. “Eternity begins and ends with the ocean’s tides.” – Unknown
112. “I ain’t afraid to drown if that means I’m deep up in your ocean.”― Chris Brown
113. “Just like the ocean, I can be a little salty.” – Unknown
114. “I have always wanted to give you the world, so I started giving you pieces of the oceans that kept us apart.”― Karen Quan
115. “To escape and sit quietly on the beach — that’s my idea of paradise.” — Emilia Wickstead
116. “I couldn’t imagine living in a state that didn’t reach the ocean. It was a giant reset button. You could go to the edge of the land and see infinity and feel renewed.”― Avery Sawyer
117. “There must be something strangely sacred in salt. It is in our tears and in the sea.”― Khalil Gibran
118. “Sometimes she wants to drift away like ocean waves and sometimes she wants to stay still like a river, wrapped in solitude.”― Nitya Prakash
119. “Sand lines my soul which is filled with the breath of the ocean.”― A.D. Posey
120. “The world is a navy in an empty ocean.”― Dejan Stojanovic
Peaceful ocean quotes
121. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
122. “The sea is an underwater museum still awaiting its visitors.” – Philippe Diolé
123. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
124. “The sea appears all golden, Beneath the sun-lit sky.” – Heinrich Heine
125. “The sea is a desert of waves, A wilderness of water.” – Langston Hughes
126. “There’s nothing wrong with enjoying looking at the surface of the ocean itself, except that when you finally see what goes on underwater, you realize that you’ve been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent.” – Dave Barry
127. “Don’t spend your entire life building a ship, without ever tasting the salt of the ocean.” – Alexander Den Heijer
128. “White sand beaches, turquoise waters, and red sky sunsets.” – Julie Bradley
129. “Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.” – Christopher Reeve
130. “A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.” – Anonymous
More ocean quotes and sayings
131. “How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is clearly Ocean.” – Arthur C. Clarke
132. “The waves of the sea help me get back to me.” – Anonymous
133. “The sea is the only embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence.” – Jules Verne
134. “I need the sea because it teaches me.” – Pablo Neruda
135. “At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.” – Robin Lee Graham
136. “I’m the ocean. I’m the sea. There is a world inside of me.” – Anonymous
137. “After a visit to the beach, it’s hard to believe that we live in a material world.” – Pam Shaw
138. “The edge of the sea is a strange and beautiful place.” – Rachel Carson
139. “The true beauty of the sea cannot be discovered unless we go within.” – Asad Meah
140. “Beautiful secrets are whispered to your soul by a quiet sea.” – Anonymous
Ocean quotes for people who love the water
141. “Take me to the ocean. Let me sail the open sea. To breathe the warm and salty air and dream of things to be.” – Erica Billups
142. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
143. “A healthy ocean is vital to our economy and well-being. We need clean and healthy oceans to sustain tourism and fisheries.” – Scott Peters
144. “The ocean is this beautiful, unexplored place. Why on Earth everyone isn’t down there, I don’t know.” – Graham Hawkes
145. “I shall go the way of the open sea, to the lands I knew before you came, and the cool ocean breezes shall blow from me the memory of your name.” – Adela Florence Nicolson
146. “Like a shipwreck or a jetty, almost anything that forms a structure in the ocean, whether it is natural or artificial over time, collects life.” – Sylvia Earle
147. “I love the ocean. Anywhere near the ocean will do. Preferably the Atlantic Ocean.” – Ben Fogle
148. “My favorite place to vacation is anyplace by the ocean.” – Nina Arianda
149. “I filmed underwater for two days in the open ocean with dolphins.” – Kathleen Quinlan
150. “We have been far too aggressive about extracting ocean wildlife, not appreciating that there are limits and even points of no return.” – Sylvia Earle
Majestic ocean quotes
151. “Ocean is more ancient than the mountains and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.” –H. P. Lovecraft
152. “Ocean: A body of water occupying two-thirds of a world made for man – who has no gills.”
153. “The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea.” –Isak Dinesen
154. “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.” –Kahlil Gibran
155. “The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach.” –Henry Beston
156. “Even the upper end of the river believes in the ocean.” –William Stafford
157. “When anxious, uneasy, and bad thoughts come, I go to the sea, and the sea drowns them out with its great wide sounds, cleanses me with its noise, and imposes a rhythm upon everything in me that is bewildered and confused.” –Rainer Maria Rilke
158. “The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach – waiting for a gift from the sea.” –Anne Morrow Lindbergh
159. “He that will learn to pray, let him go to sea.” –George Herbert
160. “For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it’s always ourselves we find in the sea.” –E. E. Cummings
Ocean quotes about how amazing it is
161. “If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn’t worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality. And to me, sailing the open ocean is a real challenge because it’s life or death.” -Morgan Freeman
162. “Why is it that scuba divers and surfers are some of the strongest advocates of ocean conservation? Because they’ve spent time in and around the ocean, and they’ve personally seen the beauty, the fragility, and even the degradation of our planet’s blue heart.” -Sylvia Earle
163. “So that the monotonous fall of the waves on the beach, which for the most part beat a measured and soothing tattoo to her thoughts, seemed consolingly to repeat over and over again.” -VIrginia Woolf
164. “The sea is as near as we come to another world.” -Anne Stevenson
165. “The sea lives in every one of us.” -Robert Wyland
166. “You only need to stand near the ocean to feel the power of the universe and a closeness to the one who created it.” – Susan Gale
167. “The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can’t.” – Christopher Paolini
168. “I love how it feels to unwind by the ocean.” -MIranda Rae Mayo
169. “Fishermen own the fish they catch, but they do not own the ocean.” -Etienne Schneider
170. “There’s definitely healing properties to being in proximity to the ocean and that breeze.” -Johnny Depp
Ocean Quotes To Give You A Clear Mind
171. “Our life is but a grain of sand in the indifferent ocean of infinity.” — Sergei Dovlatov
172. “Treasures of the sea can be found at the beach. Let go and discover!” — Catherine Pulsifer
173. “My life is like a stroll upon the beach, as near to the ocean’s edge as I can go” — Henry David Thoreau
174. “A woman’s heart is a deep ocean of secrets.” — Titanic
175. “The person you think of when you stand in front of the ocean. That’s the person you’re in love with.” — Colleen Michele
176. “In still moments by the sea life seems large-drawn and simple. It is there we can see into ourselves.” — Rolf Edberg
177. “Even castles made from sand fall to the ocean.” — Jimi Hendrix
178. “In the beginning, there was only ocean.” — Disney’s Moana
179. “A sailor is an artist whose medium is the wind.” — Webb Chiles
180. “Life is a sea of vibrant color. Jump in.” — A.D. Posey
Short Ocean Quotes We Can Learn From
181. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” — Andre Gide
182. “The ocean holds secrets, Baby. It sees a lot and tells nothing.” — Lois Ruth Scott
183. “By protecting our oceans, we are preserving them for the next generation to enjoy.” — The Grumpy Guru
184. “I am a seaman, Sir; and though the ocean is my home, I never venture on it without sufficient footing.” — James Fenimore Cooper
185. “In the ocean of baseness, the deeper we get, the easier the sinking.” — James Russell Lowell
186. “There is an ocean of silence between us… and I am drowning in it.” ― Ranata Suzuki
187. “I am the shore and the ocean, awaiting myself on both sides.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
188. “We all have an edge. We all are floating our psyche on top with a great ocean underneath.” ― Brad Dourif
189. “At beyond continent of reality, there are oceans of ideas.” ― Toba Beta
190. “It was like trying to bail out an ocean of water with a teaspoon.” ― Jodi Picoult
Ocean Quotes That Give You Peace
191. “Wherever people go to find peace – that’s what I find in the ocean.” ― Willow Aster
192. “We are all born in a little port but not all of us sail the vast oceans! Majority remain in the port!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
193. “The ocean is so magnificent, peaceful, and awesome.” — Paul Walker
194. “If you wish to be a mine of jewels, open the deep ocean within your heart.” — Rumi
195. “We are opening up an enormous new era in archaeology. Time capsules in the deep oceans.” ― John Lehman
196. “Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn’t happen.” — Steven Wright
197. “The beauty and mystery of the ocean, fills our lives with wonders.” ― M. L. Borges
198. “Civilization is like a thin layer of ice upon a deep ocean of chaos and darkness.” — Werner Herzog
199. “Without the will or desire to achieve one is like flotsam on the oceans of time.” ― Steven Redhead
200. “The ocean is the navigator’s world.” ― William Baffin
Ocean Quotes That Give You A Different Perspective
201. “We have the responsibility to care for the ocean as it cares for us.” — Suzanne van der Veeken
202. “When she saw the waves crashing on the shore, her heart leaped inside her in excitement. She still had a love affair with the ocean.” — Sharon Brubake
203. “And as the drop kissed the ocean, it became the ocean itself.” — Sw. Chidananda Tirtha
204. “The most interesting feeling when watching an ocean is this: It seems like something will come from the distant horizon but actually nothing comes!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
205. “I wonder if the ocean smells different on the other side of the world.” — J.A. Redmerski
206. “A beach is not only a sweep of sand, but shells of sea creatures, the sea glass, the seaweed, the incongruous objects washed up by the ocean.” — Henry Grunwald
207. “The ocean is both my mistress and my lover. How else can I explain her salty kiss that is still on my lips.” — Anthony T. Hincks
208. “All rivers pay homage to the ocean for it lies lowest.” — Jeffrey Fry
209. “Those who did not know the ocean well forgot its solidity, its brutality. When it slammed into them with the force of cold metal they were appalled.” — Robert Galbraith
210. “Ocean, n. A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man — who has no gills.” — Ambrose Bierce
Ocean Quotes To Enjoy The Breeze
211. “If you cannot on the ocean sail among the swiftest fleet, Rocking on the highest billows, laughing at the storms you meet.” — Ellen M. H. Gates
212. “Find comfort in the rhythm of the sea.” — Charlotte Eriksson
213. “I have always been consumed with one desire; to touch and see as much as possible of the earth and the sea before I die.” — Nikos Kazantzakis
214. “Where chefs once ruled the waves, local small farmers are the new rock stars.” — Mario Batali
215. “A fragrant breeze wandered up from the quiet sea, trailed along the beach, and drifted back to the sea again, wondering where to go next. On a mad impulse, it went up to the beach again. It drifted back to sea.” — Douglas Adams
216. “Life is an ocean, fathom it.” — M. K. Soni
217. “I don’t trust the ocean, either; it would kill me as soon as not. It doesn’t mean I’m afraid of it.” — Maggie Stiefvater
218. “If you want to find a fish, look in the ocean. If you want to find yourself, look in your mind.” — Richard Gere
219. “Well, the Ocean hides many secrets, and all of them are precious and beautiful.” — SA Krishnan
220. “While inner beauty stays permanent like an ocean. By all means, hold strong to your inner beauty.” — Edmond Mbiaka
Ocean Quotes About Its Amazing Wonders
221. “I do an awful lot of scuba diving. I love to be on the ocean, under the ocean. I live next to the ocean.” — James Cameron
222. “My heart resembles the ocean; has storm, and ebb and flow; and many a beautiful pearl lies hid in its depths below.” — Heinrich Heine
223. “The sea pronounces something, over and over, in a hoarse whisper; I cannot quite make it out.” — Annie Dillard
224. “But it’s a big ocean. It’s an even bigger world. And maybe we’ve gotten as close as we’re supposed to get.” — Gayle Forman
225. “It was a lone voice in the middle of the ocean, but it was heard at great depth and great distance.” — Gabriel Garcia Marquez
226. “I’m horrified of lobsters. And shrimp and lobsters are the cockroaches of the ocean.” — Brooke Burke
227. “We are all connected to the ocean. Without healthy oceans, no life, not even on land, can exist.” — Jean-Michel Cousteau
228. “Love the sea? I dote upon it–from the beach.” — Douglas William Jerrold
229. “With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you’re connected to the sea. No matter where on Earth you live.” — Sylvia Earle
230. “The smallest oceans still make big big waves.” — Eddie Vedder
Ocean Quotes To Set a Relaxed Mood
231. “Listening to soft music and the sound of the ocean is quite relaxing to me.” ― LaToya Jackson
232. “I really feel that my body craves to be in the mountains or by the ocean or in the countryside.” ― Miranda Kerr
233. “The positive heuristic of the programme saves the scientist from becoming confused by the ocean of anomalies.” ― Imre Lakatos
234. “How many whales do we really need? I figure five. One for each ocean.” ― Denis Leary
235. “We need to do a better job of keeping oceans healthy.” ― Sigourney Weaver
236. “There are so many issues in our oceans – like the near extinction of blue fin tuna – that should be taken more seriously worldwide.” ― Heston Blumenthal
237. “We are a blue planet and an ocean world.” ― Nainoa Thompson
238. “I love just how beautiful Vancouver is. I mean, everywhere you look it’s just mountains and ocean.” ― Emma Bell
239. “As the oceans go, so do we.” ― David Doubilet
240. “For ocean, whale is a small fish; for wise man, small fish is an ocean! Sun, hides in the candle!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
Ocean Quotes To Keep It Clean
241. “God’s love is Like an Ocean; You can See its Beginning, but not its end.” ― Rick Warren
242. “The ocean is tired. It’s throwing back at us what we’re throwing in there.” ― Frank Lautenberg
243. “Neither earth nor ocean produces a creature as savage and monstrous as woman.” ― Euripides
244. “The sea has never been friendly to man. At most it has been the accomplice of human restlessness.” ― Joseph Conrad
245. “Old ocean’s gray and melancholy waste.” ― William C. Bryant
246. “One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach.” ― Anne Spencer
247. “The sea! the sea! the open sea!, The blue, the fresh, the ever free!” ― Bryan W. Procter
248. “The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble.” ― Blaise Pascal
249. “The oceans deserve our respect and care, but you have to know something before you can care about it.” ― Sylvia Earle
250. “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.” ― Jeanne Moreau
Ocean Quotes To Highlight Beauty and Mystery of the Sea
251. “The ocean is a central element of our planet and our lives, and it is essential that we take care of it.” ― Sylvia Earle
252. “The ocean is a symphony of rhythms, patterns, and surprises.” ― Nancy Knowlton
253. “The ocean is the lifeblood of our planet, providing us with essential resources and regulating the Earth’s climate.” ― Ellen MacArthur
254. “The ocean is a magnificent and mysterious place, full of wonder and endless possibilities.” ― David Helvarg
255. “The ocean, with its imposing majesty and power, is a constant reminder of the infinite possibilities that exist in this world.” ― J.K. Rowling
256. “The ocean is a mirror of the soul, reflecting both its light and its dark.” ― Rebecca Solnit
257. “The ocean is the mother of all life, and it is up to us to protect and preserve it for future generations.” ― James Cameron
258. “The ocean is a living entity, full of wonder and mystery, and it deserves our protection and care.” ― Prince Charles
259. “The ocean is a never-ending source of inspiration, with its constant changes and infinite beauty.” ― Diane Ackerman
260. “The ocean is a reminder of the beauty and majesty of nature, and how small and insignificant we are in comparison.” ― Richard Branson
Which of these ocean quotes was your favorite?
Oceans provide countless benefits to planet earth and humankind.
They produce the air we breathe, regulate our climates and weather patterns, facilitate transport, provide us with many unique recreational activities, are a source of food and much more.
No matter how far from the shore you live, the oceans affect you in so many ways.
Hopefully, the quotes above have inspired you to become a better steward of our oceans.
Did you enjoy these ocean quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
The Blue Mind Company
September 3, 2019 at 12:43 PM
#bluemind for life.