These Benjamin Button quotes will bring you hope.
Benjamin Button is the main character from the film “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”. The movie was released in 2008 and is based on a short story written in 1922 by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
The story is about a man who ages in reverse. While he was born as an infant and with the size of an infant, he is actually wrinkled and resembles an old man.
Benjamin Button then goes through life and when he passes away, physically he is an infant, but in chronological age, he would have been 84.
Benjamin Button Quotes about Courage and Wisdom
1. “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be.” – Benjamin Button
2. “I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.” – Benjamin Button
3. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – Benjamin Button
4. “It’s a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realize what’s changed, is you.” – Benjamin Button
5. “You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went, you can curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.” – Benjamin Button
6. “I felt like I could do anything, that I could sprout wings.” – Benjamin Button
7. “There’s a first time for everything.” – Benjamin Button
8. “Be with the people you are so fond of. You can only be young once.” – Benjamin Button
9. “My father asked me to tell you how much he appreciated the hard work you put in for him and his company for so many years.” – Benjamin Button
10. “Life went on as usual.” – Benjamin Button
11. “I figured out one thing. If you’re growing older or getting younger it really doesn’t make any difference.” – Benjamin Button
12. “There’s a right way of doing things and a wrong way. If you’ve made up your mind to be different from everybody else, I don’t suppose I can stop you, but I really don’t think it’s very considerate.” – Benjamin Button
Benjamin Button Quotes about Love and Sacrifices
13. “We’re meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?” – Benjamin Button
14. “She taught me to play the piano, and what it meant to miss somebody.” – Benjamin Button
15. “Would you still love me if I were young and had acne? When I’m afraid of what’s under the stairs? Or if I end up wetting the bed?” – Benjamin Button
16. “I might have enjoyed the company of a woman or two… Or three but that had never stopped me from loving you.” – Benjamin Button
17.“A rigour passed over him, blood rose into his cheeks, his forehead, and there was a steady thumping in his ears. It was first love.” – Benjamin Button
18. “She gave her life for me. And for that, I am forever grateful.” – Benjamin Button
19. “She was not beautiful. She was plain as paper. But she was as pretty as any picture to me.” – Benjamin Button
20. “I was with people who had put away all the inconsequences of life, left in a state of pure being…wondering about the weather…the temperature of a bath…the light at the end of the day.” – Benjamin Button
21. “It was Thanksgiving 1930, I met the person who changed my life forever.” – Benjamin Button
22. “It was the first time a woman had ever kissed me. It’s something you never forget.” – Benjamin Button
23. “You only get so many chances to be with someone. I let her go, and I missed it.” – Benjamin Button
24. “Relationships have a time and a place.” – Benjamin Button
25. “There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you.” – Benjamin Button
26. “I left so that you and your mother could have a life.” – Benjamin Button
27. “Some things you don’t ever forget the feel, the taste, the touch of someone you love.” – Benjamin Button
Benjamin Button Quotes about Hope and Faith
28. “You never know what’s coming for you.” – Benjamin Button
29. “Life can only be understood looking backward. It must be lived forward.” – Benjamin Button
30. “There’s somethin’ peaceful, even comfortin’ knowin’ the people you love are asleep in their beds where nothin’ can harm them.” – Benjamin Button
31. “I don’t care where you’ve been, I’m just happy you’re back.” – Benjamin Button
32. “You chose something to do, something so special, so unique. There was such a short period of time that you could do it, even if nothing had happened. Sooner or later, you would be in the same place you are now.” – Benjamin Button
33. “Whichever way you’re going, you have to make the most of what this is.” – Benjamin Button
34. “Some things last forever.” – Benjamin Button
Benjamin Button Quotes about Truth and Reality
35. “Sometimes we’re on a collision course, and we just don’t know it. Whether it’s by accident or by design, there’s not a thing we can do about it.” – Benjamin Button
36. “It’s funny how sometimes the people we remember the least make the greatest impression on us.” – Benjamin Button
37. “But life bein’ what it is – a series of intersectin’ lives and incidents, out of anyone’s control.” – Benjamin Button
38. “I was thinkin’ how nothin’ lasts, and what a shame that is.” – Benjamin Button
39. “People came and went. Death was so frequent, I was never afraid of it. You could hear when someone left us, there was a silence in the house.” – Benjamin Button
40. “While everybody else was aging, I was getting younger, all alone.” – Benjamin Button
41. “Along the way you bump into people who make a dent on your life.” – Benjamin Button
42. “Some days, I feel like I’m different from the day before.” – Benjamin Button
43. “I realized, despite a house filled with people that I loved, I was alone.” – Benjamin Button
44. “There were many changes going on, some you could see… some you couldn’t.” – Benjamin Button
45. “These were hard times… people were doing anything they could to find work.” – Benjamin Button
46. “It sure made me understand the value of earning a living… the things it can buy you.” – Benjamin Button
47. “Everybody, no matter what differences they had, the languages, the color of their skin, had one thing in common… they were drunk every single night.” – Benjamin Button
48. “None of us is perfect forever.” – Benjamin Button
49. “It’s like there’s this whole life I had and I can’t remember what it was.” – Benjamin Button
50. “But just think how it would be if every one else looked at things as you do – what would the world be like?” – Benjamin Button
Which of these Benjamin Button quotes is your favorite?
Benjamin Button lived a very strange, hard, and inspirational life. The movie shows how he has to relate to people throughout his life and the difficulty in relating to someone your own age when you are 70 years old in appearance, but 14 in chronological age.
What Benjamin Button learns is that life is fleeting and that his life has a short span where he can properly connect with people who match his physical and chronological age. The story tells his life but focuses on his love life, where he has such a small amount of time that his life matches the age of the love of his life.
Did you enjoy these Benjamin Button quotes and lines? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
February 2, 2021 7:00 AM EST