As the title suggests, this article contains the best ‘work hard, play hard’ quotes.
Recently, people have developed more interest in reading sayings and quotes.
This is why we have curated this list of quotes.
You can find the most suitable quotes for sharing via social media here.
So, let’s dive in!
Some words about ‘work hard, play hard’
“Work hard, play hard” is a popular mantra prevailing within developed societies for generations.
Generally, work is referred to as a necessary evil essential to get life going.
Some people believe that good things don’t come to you naturally.
According to them, everything needs to be earned through hard work, as it’s the only way to achieve one’s goals.
On the contrary, some believe that playing hard isn’t less important than working hard.
To sum up, the key is to find a perfect balance between working hard and playing hard.
What science says about the “work hard, play hard” lifestyle
Most people use the phrase ‘work hard, play hard’ when describing their lifestyle.
Previously, there wasn’t any scientific reasoning to show that people who follow the ‘work hard, play hard’ lifestyle do succeed in life.
Now, here is what science says:
- This type of lifestyle is real and it plays a role in ensuring success in one’s life.
- There is a solid link between work and play, which is also associated with the motivation that drives us.
- A Harvard University study shows that people who are used to playing hard can maintain strong mental and physical health.
- These people are more satisfied with their lives when compared with those who only work hard but don’t have any time to play.
Take a moment and read through our “work hard, play hard” quotes and sayings.
Top 10 “work hard, play hard” quotes
If you are searching for the top ‘work hard, play hard’ quotes, you can find them in the section below.
1. “I work hard, but I play hard, too.” — Pitbull
2. “Work hard. Play hard. Be kind.” — Harry Styles
3. “I work hard so I can play harder.” — Dean Winters
4. “Work hard, play hard, love big, live big.” ― Daren Martin
5. “By working hard, you get to play hard guilt-free.” — Jim Rohn
6. “If you play and work hard then rest hard.” — Stephen Richards
7. “Practice hard, train hard, work hard, and play harder.” — Alcurtis Turner
8. “I work hard and I play hard, too. There is nothing wrong with that.” — Vijay Mallya
9. “I just show up to the yard, work hard, and play as hard as I can.” — Dustin Pedroia
10. “When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all.” — Theodore Roosevelt
“Work hard, play hard” quotes for inspiration
These ‘work hard, play hard’ quotes are inspiring enough to motivate you. So, go through these quotes and find your inspiration.
11. “I will continue to work hard and play hard until I reach my goal.” ― Unknown
12. “I work hard, and I tend to play hard. I very seldom rest hard.” — Jacqueline Bisset
13. “The world’s most successful entrepreneurs play hard, but they work even harder.” ― Ben Parr
14. “Work hard, play hard, dream big, love loads, laugh as much as you can, and give back.” ― Deirdre O’Kane
15. “The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.” — Simon Sinek
16. “As far back as I can remember, I am one of those guys that works hard and plays harder. I have to have both.” — Bret Michaels
17. “Life balance is a myth. It’s an illusion, and the very pursuit of it is driving us crazy. For me, it’s about proportion. It’s really a work hard, play hard equation.” ― Danielle LaPorte
18. “I’ve always had a ‘work hard, play hard’ attitude to life. I still do. But sometimes you can get involved in something that needs a calm, methodical approach.” — Damian Lewis
19. “Remember the motto: ‘Work hard, play hard.’ Regard your personal time as just as important as your work time and give as much attention to planning it as you do to planning your work. What are you working for if you don’t have a personal life?” ― Mark Forster
20. “Play hard, work hard, love hard… the bottom line for me is to live life to the fullest in the here-and-now instead of a hoped-for hereafter, and make every day count in some meaningful way and do something, no matter how small it is, to make the world a better place.” ― Michael Shermer
“Work hard, play hard” quotes by famous people
Usually, quotes by popular figures are of great worth. Therefore, we have included these ‘work hard, play hard’ quotes by celebrities.
21. “Me and my band have always lived by the code ‘Work hard, play harder.’” ― Kenny Chesney
22. “I think that since I’ve had the baby, who’s almost two, it’s a work-hard-play-hard.” ― Molly Sims
23. “The old saying of work hard, play hard really works for me. For me, it’s all about focus.” ― Danielle LaPorte
24. “I worked very hard. I felt I could play that hard. The only thing that could stop me was myself.” ― Jim Abbott
25. “If you love the game and you love playing, just have fun and enjoy it. Work hard and don’t get bogged down by it.” ― Blake Griffin
26. “Surround yourself with people who take their work seriously, but not themselves, those who work hard and play hard.” ― Colin Powell
27. “Study hard. Work hard. Play harder. Don’t be bound by rules, don’t hurt anybody and never ever live somebody else’s dream.” ― Shahrukh Khan
28. “I never do anything half-heartedly. I will continue to work hard and play hard and do everything I can to be successful, whatever I do.” ― David Beckham
29. “You can play hard. You can play aggressive. You can give 120% but if one guy is out of position then someone is running through the line of scrimmage and he is going to gain a bunch of yards.” ― Bill Belichick
30. “I’m a jet jockey and I’ve always escaped ever since I was a kid. I’ve always been a weekend type runaway person. Work hard, play hard type thing. It’s not been a mid-life thing at all, it’s been a habit because I think it changes your environment and how you feel even if it’s for the day. It’s a good thing.” ― John Travolta
“Work hard, play hard” quotes for Instagram
These ‘work hard, play hard’ quotes are meant to be shared on Instagram.
31. “I work too hard but don’t play too hard. It’s what I like.” ― Unknown
32. “I work hard and play hard. I won’t let anyone restrict me.” ― Steve Harvey
33. “Don’t settle for less, mind your business, work hard, play hard, be nice.” ― Germany Kent
34. “This wasn’t a man for frivolity. He was made for hard work, hard play, and heartache.” ― Inez Kelley
35. “There is time to play and then there are times to work hard and get my fans an album.” ― Justin Bieber
36. “I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.” ― Maya Angelou
37. “The thing about travelling is that you work hard and play hard, but you can do all those things without your parents knowing.” ― Aaron Johnson
38. “For the vast majority of Americans who work hard and play by the rules, paying the bills may be hard some months, but it’s something we always do.” ― Ami Bera
39. “Work hard, play hard, enjoy every moment you’ve got, and remember that waking up every morning is a gift worth celebrating, so embrace the day with gratitude.” ― Unknown
40. “Many people know how to work hard; many others know how to play well, but the rarest talent in the world is the ability to introduce elements of playfulness into work, and to put some constructive labor into our leisure.” ― Sydney J. Harris
Other inspirational “work hard, play hard” quotes
Here are some other ‘work hard, play hard’ quotes that you might find interesting.
41. “I grew up in a fun-loving environment—you work hard and play hard.” ― Hunter Hayes
42. “The ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’ video shows how much a part of music the fans can really be.” ― Tiesto
43. “Men play harder than they work. Women work harder than they play.” ― Mary Roberts Rinehart
44. “If a guy doesn’t work hard and doesn’t play well, he can’t lead anything. All he is, is a talker.” ― John Madden
45. “Somebody said the key to life is to work hard, play hard, rest hard, and I’ve pretty much adopted that.” ― James Patterson
46. “If you work hard every day and bust your tail on every play, eventually people will notice and word will get around.” ― Tommy John
47. “Together they unlocked potential in one another. They worked hard and played harder, until the work felt like play.” ― Walidah Imarisha
48. “There are so many things about playing football that seem to me uniquely American. Anybody can succeed, anybody can play, but you’ve got to work hard to do it.” ― Dean Cain
49. “Once practice starts, we work hard, and that’s the best conditioning there is. Everything counts. Every little thing counts. Run hard, play hard, go after the ball hard, guard hard.” ― Pete Carril
50. “The perennial conviction that those who work hard and play by the rules will be rewarded with a more comfortable present and a stronger future for their children faces assault from just about every direction.” ― Jon Meacham
51. “If the power to do hard work is not a skill, it’s the best possible substitute for it.” ― James A. Garfield
52. “When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work.” ― George Bernard Shaw
53. “Think not of yourself as the architect of your career but as the sculptor. Expect to have to do a lot of hard hammering and chiselingand scraping and polishing.” ― B. C. Forbes
54. “The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it.” ― Wayne Gretzky
55. “There is no substitute for hard work.” ― Thomas A. Edison
56. “I’ve always had a ‘Work hard, play hard’ attitude to life – I still do – but sometimes you get involved in something that needs a calm, methodical approach.” ― Damian Lewis
57. “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” ― Larry Bird
58. “I learned the value of hard work by working hard.” ― Margaret Mead
59. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” ― Stephen King
60. “Life balance is a myth. It’s an illusion and the very pursuit of it is driving us crazy. For me it’s about proportion – it’s really a work hard/play hard equation.” ― Danielle LaPorte
Which of one these “work hard, play hard” quotes inspires you the most?
In this article, we have carefully curated the best ‘work hard, play hard’ quotes and sayings.
We have tried to offer you a nice collection of quotes.
We hope you found each of these quotes engaging andl inspiring.
If you enjoyed reading these quotes, don’t forget to let us know by commenting in the section below.