Intense Blow Movie Quotes
February 15, 2023 1:38 AM EST
These Blow movie quotes will appeal to everyone who likes movies based on true stories.
Blow is a 2001 movie based on the 1993 book by Bruce Porter called Blow: How a Small Town Boy Made $100 Million with the Medellin Cocaine Cartel and Lost It All.
The movie was directed by Ted Demme and is a biopic crime movie about George Jung, an American drug trafficker, and his drug connections, including the Medellin Cartel.
Johnny Depp stars in the movie as George Jung, and Penelope Cruz as his wife, Mirtha Jung.
The movie did not meet expectations at the box office, where it made just over $83 million against its $53 million budget.
The plot follows George Jung from his childhood, through his years running and selling drugs, and eventually to his life as an old man in prison that no one visits.
Check out these Blow movie quotes to get to know the characters in the movie better.
Intense and Reflective Blow Movie Quotes
Check out these intense and reflective quotes from the movie.
1. “So in the end, was it worth it?” – George Jung
2. “Money isn’t real, George. It doesn’t matter.” – Fred Jung
3. “I snorted ten grams in ten minutes once. I guess I had a high tolerance.” – George Jung
4. “Do you have a dream, George?” – Diego Delgado
5. “And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.” – Fred Jung
6. “Life passes most people by while they’re making grand plans for it.” – George Jung
7. “I think it’s fair to say you underestimated the market, Derek.” – George Jung
8. “What do you mean? Of course, we are brothers, George.” – Diego Delgado
9. “It was the greatest feeling I ever had. Followed abruptly by the worst feeling I ever had.” – George Jung
10. “Because, when you think about it, what did I really do? I crossed an imaginary line with a bunch of plants.” – George Jung
Memorable Blow Movie Quotes
Check out these quotes that you are sure to remember from the movie!
11. “Let me tell you something, George: you’d have been great at anything.” – Fred Jung
12. “I knew you would say something like that. Always thinkin’ about yourself.” – Mirtha Jung
13. “You failed because you had the wrong dream… What do you know about cocaine?” – Diego Delgado
14. “We had the world by the short and curlies. We were young, rich, and in love.” – George Jung
15. “So, you’re the man, huh? Who takes 50 kilos and makes them disappear in one day.” – Pablo Escobar
16. “Danbury wasn’t a prison; it was a crime school. I went in with a Bachelor of marijuana, came out with a Doctorate of cocaine.” – George Jung
17. “This is Grade A 100% pure Colombian cocaine, ladies and gentlemen… Disco shit… Pure as the driven snow.” – George Jung
18. “Yeah, I stole your California connection, so what? Who introduces you to Pablo Escobar, huh?” – Diego Delgado
19. “We are trusting you with millions of dollars of coke, Mr. Stevens. Without your children, there is no deal.” – Cesar Toban
20. “Well, old man, I’m 42 years old, and I finally realize what you were trying to tell me so many years ago. I finally understand.” – George Jung
You Play With Fire, You Get Burned
Throughout the movie, we see that George is willing to cross the line between legal and illegal.
Even when he is caught the first time, it does not stop him, and he continues in his ways.
Eventually, it all catches up with him as his wife and former associates all betray him at separate points, leading to a sixty-year prison sentence!
Share these Blow movie quotes with your friends who like true stories, and share your favorites in the comment section below.