He’s played some of your favorite movie characters throughout the years.
Enjoy these Johnny Depp quotes.
When most people think of pirates, one in particular comes to mind, Jack Sparrow.
Johnny Depp made this character famous in the movie based on the popular ride at Walt Disney World.
But Johnny Depp has taken on many more roles than that.
He’s teamed up with Tim Burton a dozen times to bring to life characters from Edward Scissorhands to Willy Wonka.
There’s something about him that allows him to succeed at these roles that others may not be able to pull off.
Keep reading these Johnny Depp quotes for a dose of inspiration and motivation.
Don’t forget to also check out these Jay Shetty quotes for more inspiration and encouragement.
Wise Johnny Depp quotes
1. “Laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” – Johnny Depp
2. “Being a good person doesn’t depend on your religion, your race, your skin color, or your culture. It depends on how good your heart is, and how good you treat others.” – Johnny Depp
3. “We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.” – Johnny Depp
4. “There is a drive in me that will not allow me to do certain things that are easy.” – Johnny Depp
5. “There are four questions of value in life… What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.” – Johnny Depp
6. “People cry not because they’re weak, it’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” – Johnny Depp
7. “If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.” – Johnny Depp
8. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
9. “You can close your eyes to the things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to the things you don’t want to feel.” – Johnny Depp
10. “If there’s any message to my work, it is ultimately that it’s OK to be different, that it’s good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgement on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.” – Johnny Depp
11. “A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest.” – Johnny Depp
Inspiring Johnny Depp quotes
12. “I think the thing to do is enjoy the ride while you’re on it.” – Johnny Depp
13. “As a teenager, I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too.” – Johnny Depp
14. “Be crazy enough to know that you can do anything in life.” – Johnny Depp
15. “One day the people that didn’t believe in you will tell everyone how they met you.” – Johnny Depp
16. “Love is not blind. It simply enables one to see things others fail to see.” – Johnny Depp
17. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” – Johnny Depp
18. “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” – Johnny Depp
19. “I like the challenge of trying different things and wondering whether it’s going to work or whether I’m going to fall flat on my face.” – Johnny Depp
20. “When I see someone who just follows their dream and succeeds, and just does basically what they want to do and doesn’t have to answer to anyone, obviously not harming anyone, that’s great.” – Johnny Depp
21. “It’s only a bad day, not a bad life.” – Johnny Depp
Funny Johnny Depp quotes
22. “Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.” – Johnny Depp
23. “When kids hit 1 year old, it’s like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit.” – Johnny Depp
24. “One of the greatest pieces of advice I’ve ever gotten in my life was from my mom. When I was a little kid there was a kid who was bugging me at school and she said “Okay, I’m gonna tell you what to do. If the kid’s bugging you and puts his hands on you; you pick up the nearest rock…” – Johnny Depp
25. “I think everybody’s nuts.” – Johnny Depp
26. “My daughter was asked by a little old lady in a London hotel restaurant what her daddy did. She answered, “He’s a pirate” – I was very proud of that answer.” – Johnny Depp
27. “Everything here is edible; even I’m edible. But that, dear children, is cannibalism, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.” – Johnny Depp
28. “If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them.” – Johnny Depp
29. “I try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.” – Johnny Depp
30. “If you catch me saying ‘I am a serious actor,’ I beg you to slap me.” – Johnny Depp
31. “If they let me choose between you and the dog, I’ll choose the dog.” – Johnny Depp
Thought provoking Johnny Depp quotes
32. “I’m having too much fun today to worry about tomorrow.” – Johnny Depp
33. “The problem is that everybody treats teenagers like they’re stupid.” – Johnny Depp
34. “The only thing I have a problem with is being labelled.” – Johnny Depp
35. “If you don’t like seeing pictures of violence towards animals being posted, you need to help stop the violence, not the pictures.” – Johnny Depp
36. “Crazy people don’t know they’re crazy. I know I’m crazy, therefore I am not crazy. Isn’t that crazy?” – Johnny Depp
37. “No survivors? Then where do the stories come from, I wonder.” – Johnny Depp
38. “People say I make strange choices, but they’re not strange for me. My sickness is that I’m fascinated by human behavior, by what’s underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.” – Johnny Depp
39. “You grow up a bit damaged or broken then you have some success but you don’t know how to feel good about the work you’re doing or the life you’re leading.” – Johnny Depp
40. “There is nothing on earth that could ever make me want to relive certain years of my life when I was young.” – Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp quotes that will make your day
41. “I was angry and frustrated until I started my own family and my first child was born. Until then I didn’t really appreciate life the way I should have, but fortunately I woke up.” – Johnny Depp
42. “Tomorrow it’ll all be over, then I’ll have to go back to selling pens again.” – Johnny Depp
43. “I don’t think it’s anything you ever get used to… for many years, I could never sort of put my name in the same sort of category as the word ‘famous’ or anything like that. And I just found it very uncomfortable… if you get used to it, then something must be wrong.” – Johnny Depp
44. “Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.” – Johnny Depp
45. “I’m shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I’ve done everything I can to avoid it.” – Johnny Depp
46. “My favorite color is black.” – Johnny Depp
47. “One of the most beautiful things in the world is seeing a mommy with her kids. There’s nothing more beautiful, nothing more sublime.” – Johnny Depp
48. “I made odd noises as a child. Just did weird things, like turn off light switches twice. I think my parents thought I had Tourette’s syndrome.” – Johnny Depp
49. “It’s such a funny thing when you see your daughter transitioning from your baby, your little girl, to suddenly being a young woman. If you’re not really looking for it, you can miss it, and Lily-Rose is on that road already, and there’s nothing I can do to stop it.” – Johnny Depp
50. “I hate watching myself on screen. I can’t stand it.” – Johnny Depp
More Johnny Depp quotes
51. “Love is one of the hardest words to say and one of the easiest to hear.” – Johnny Depp
52. “I know exactly what I want. Everything. Calm, peace, tranquility, freedom, fun, happiness. If I could make all that one word, I would – a many-syllabled word.” – Johnny Depp
53. “I was always fascinated by people who are considered completely normal, because I find them the weirdest of all.” – Johnny Depp
54. “And it hurts so much to want something you can’t have.” – Johnny Depp
55. “People in life, when they have a tendency to exaggerate or lie or whatever, you always sort of notice that their voice goes up quite high.” – Johnny Depp
56. “Most people are really nuts and that’s fascinating to me.” – Johnny Depp
57. “You gotta be careful: don’t say a word to nobody about nothing anytime ever.” – Johnny Depp
58. “It’s important to keep challenging myself and try to come up with some new face every now and again.” – Johnny Depp
59. “I’ve never been particularly ambitious. I’m driven by the moment.” – Johnny Depp
60. “I would give everything if I could only keep my family.” – Johnny Depp
Which of these Johnny Depp quotes is your favorite?
As you can see from these Johnny Depp quotes, he’s an interesting character in real life as well as the movies.
It’s believed by many that that’s the reason he is able to excel at the roles that he does.
While he’s played a range of characters, he’s also experienced extremes highs and lows in life.
From being one of the highest-paid actors to struggling with drugs and alcohol, he’s been at the top and he’s had low points.
But his talent and skill is undeniable.
If you enjoyed these quotes from Johnny Depp, then take time to pick out one of his movies and enjoy that as well.
Or you can marathon watch his movies.
You’re sure to see a wide range of interesting characters.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Johnny Depp quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
November 20, 2020 7:00 AM EST