Pablo Escobar had two very different sides as you’ll see in these Pablo Escobar quotes.
Escobar was a Colombian drug lord who is known as the King of Cocaine. He’s also known for being the wealthiest criminal in history.
While he was responsible for the death of hundreds of people, he was also known as being somewhat of a Robin Hood because he helped some poor communities by doing things like building sports fields and housing projects. He also had extreme love for his family.
But no matter how people try to spin in, Pablo Escobar was a hardened criminal who eventually died because of his “work”. His life story has been told and retold through books, movies, and even television shows.
Learn more about him in these Pablo Escobar quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these recovery and addiction quotes to help you heal.
Pablo Escobar quotes about drugs, money, and crime
1. “Dirty money is in all economic sectors of the country.” – Pablo Escobar
2. “I’ll never surrender.” – Pablo Escobar
3. “I’m sometimes accused of drug trafficking. It’s an activity that for the time being, historically, shall we say has been declared illegal. It’s illegal at the moment, but in the long run and in the future, we’re going to show that it will head toward legalization.” – Pablo Escobar
4. “The thing about war is, it’s just bad for business. And when you got a bull’s eye on your back, your rivals get bold.” – Pablo Escobar
5. “There’s cash buried everywhere. The guerillas, the paramilitary, the narcos… Everybody’s burying cash.” – Pablo Escobar
6. “I prefer to be in the grave in Colombia than in a jail cell in the United States.” – Pablo Escobar
7. “Dirty money is in all economic sectors of the country.” – Pablo Escobar
8. “The purpose of war is peace.” – Pablo Escobar
9. “All empires are created by blood and fire.” – Pablo Escobar
10. “I am Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria. My eyes are everywhere. That means you guys can’t move a finger in all of Antioquia without me knowing about it. Do you understand? Not a finger. One day, I’m going to be president of the Republic of Colombia. So look, I make deals for a living. Now, you can stay calm and accept my deal, or accept the consequences.” – Pablo Escobar
11. “There can only be one king.” – Pablo Escobar
12. “I’ll die before I ever leave Colombia again.” – Pablo Escobar
13. “Sometimes I feel like God…when I order someone killed – they die the same day.” – Pablo Escobar
Pablo Escobar quotes about people
14. “Only those who went hungry with me and stood by me when I went through a bad time at some point in life will eat at my table.” – Pablo Escobar
15. “To have power does not mean that one can abuse the poor.” – Pablo Escobar
16. “I can replace things, but I could never replace my wife and kids.” – Pablo Escobar
17. “There are two hundred million idiots, manipulated by a million intelligent men.” – Pablo Escobar
18. “Geniuses are always branded as crazy.” – Pablo Escobar
19. “Everyone has a price, the important thing is to find out what it is.” – Pablo Escobar
Pablo Escobar quotes from Stephen Murphy
20. “When you kill someone, you lose all your leverage the moment they’re dead. Now, you take someone’s children away from them, you’d be amazed what they’d do to get them back.” – Pablo Escobar
21. “The bad guys need to get lucky every time. The good guys just need to get lucky once.” – Pablo Escobar
22. “There is nothing lower than a rat. And if we let the rats run free, the streets will be filled with them.” – Pablo Escobar
23. “In all the years I chased Escobar, I could count on one hand the times we almost had him. And each time, we forgot the two most important things we already knew about him: Close doesn’t count. And Pablo is never more dangerous than when you almost have him.” – Pablo Escobar
24. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned in the narco world, it’s that life is more complicated than you think. Good and bad, they’re relative concepts.” – Pablo Escobar
25. “Despite his threats, many brave men defied him. And, true to form, when the pen failed … Pablo was always ready with the sword.” – Pablo Escobar
26. “In the United States, the Mafia makes witnesses disappear so they can’t testify in court. In Colombia, Pablo Escobar made the whole court disappear.” – Pablo Escobar
27. “Imagine you were born in a poor family, in a poor city, in a poor country, and by the time you were 28 years old, you have so much money you can’t even count it. What do you do? You make your dreams come true.” – Pablo Escobar
Pablo Escobar – quotes from this family
28. “Drug trafficking destroyed my family. It gave us the world, and then it took it away.” – Juan Pablo Escobar (son)
29. “Series about narcos have turned my father into a hero and given young people the idea that it is cool to be a drug trafficker.” – Juan Pablo Escobar (son)
30. “I am a prisoner in Argentina for being Colombian. They want to try the ghost of Pablo Escobar because they want to prove that Argentina is combatting drug trafficking.” – Maria Victor Henao (wife)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of drug quotes on how drug use can affect your mind, body, and spirit.
More Pablo Escobar quotes
31. “We have to create a presence so disruptive they’ll want nothing but peace.” – Pablo Escobar
32. “I’m a decent man who exports flowers.” – Pablo Escobar
33. “Life is full of surprises, some good, some not so good.” – Pablo Escobar
34. “There is a time to fight and there is a time to be clever.” – Pablo Escobar
35. “I have always considered myself a happy man. I’ve always been happy, I’ve always been optimistic, I’ve always had faith in life because I think the most difficult times always bring something. It brings experience, and it’s the greatest thing to have in life.” – Pablo Escobar
36. “In modern business, it is not the crook who is to be feared most, it is the honest man who doesn’t know what he is doing.” – Pablo Escobar
37. “They may separate us, but they’ll never be able to destroy us.” – Pablo Escobar
38. “Lies are necessary when the truth is too difficult to believe.” – Pablo Escobar
39. “I am not a rich person. I am a poor person with money.” – Pablo Escobar
40. “I don’t want to be good. I am going to be great.” – Pablo Escobar
What did you learn from these Pablo Escobar quotes?
It can feel confusing to read these quotes from Pablo Escobar. His own words speak too very different messages. One is of love for family and what seems like wisdom.
A few of these quotes even seem like they could be motivational if you didn’t know who they were coming from. But it’s important to keep his quotes in perspective with his life.
If you want to learn more about Pablo Escobar, you can read books about his life and the manhunt that lead to his death. You can also read a book written by his son Juan Pablo Escobar to gain an inside perspective and what happened to the family after Pablo died. While he was incredibly successful for a time, his life path is not one that you want to follow.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Pablo Escobar quotes and sayings? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 9, 2020 7:00 AM EST