Fans of Disney will love these Bob Iger Quotes!
Bob Iger’s full name is Robert Allen Iger, and he was born in New York City in 1951.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
While Bob Iger is a very successful and talented businessman across multiple different companies, he is best known for his success as the CEO of the Walt Disney Company.
Bob Iger served as the Disney CEO from 2005 until 2020, when his contract expired and his appointed successor, Bob Chapek, took over.
In November of 2022, Disney’s board of directors voted for Chapek to be fired and for Iger to be rehired.
During Iger’s term as CEO of Disney, he has helped Disney accomplish many things, like acquiring Marvel Entertainment, acquiring Pixar, and acquiring Lucasfilm, to name a few.
During his leadership, Disney increased their market cap by over 200 billion dollars!
Look at these Bob Iger quotes to learn more about the successful executive and leader.
Best Bob Iger Quotes
Check out some of Bob Iger’s best quotes!
1. “You can’t allow tradition to get in the way of innovation.” — Bob Iger
2. “I never judge myself according to the expectations of others.” — Bob Iger
3. “There’s a need to respect the past, but it’s a mistake to revere your past.” — Bob Iger
4. “I began as a weatherman, and I learned very quickly I wasn’t very good at it.” — Bob Iger
5. “I think it is important for people who are given leadership roles to assume that role immediately.” — Bob Iger
6. “You have to hear out other people’s problems and help find solutions. It’s all part of being a great manager.” — Bob Iger
7. “Optimism. One of the most important qualities of a good leader is optimism, a pragmatic enthusiasm for what can be achieved.” — Bob Iger
8. “If we give people the ability to buy a lot more because they can store a lot more, for a company that creates TV shows and movies, that’s fantastic.” — Bob Iger
9. “Ask the questions you need to ask, admit without apology what you don’t understand, and do the work to learn what you need to learn as quickly as you can.” — Bob Iger
10. “Even in the face of difficult choices and less-than-ideal outcomes, an optimistic leader does not yield to pessimism. Simply put, people are not motivated or energized by pessimists.” — Bob Iger
Bob Iger Quotes About Business
Here are some quotes about business from Bob Iger.
11. “Don’t be in the business of playing it safe.” — Bob Iger
12. “The riskiest thing we can do is just maintain the status quo.” — Bob Iger
13. “Identify what all the issues are, and when you find them, don’t hide from them.” — Bob Iger
14. “If you’re in the business of making something, be in the business of making something great.” — Bob Iger
15. “When hiring, try to surround yourself with people who are good in addition to being good at what they do.” — Bob Iger
16. “We have a unique opportunity as Disney because it really is the only true global entertainment brand.” — Bob Iger
17. “I’m privileged and grateful to lead The Walt Disney Company and our talented, dedicated team at this exciting time.” — Bob Iger
Bob Iger Quotes to Inspire You
Enjoy these inspirational Bob Iger quotes.
18. “Don’t start negatively, and don’t start small.” — Bob Iger
19. “The heart and soul of the company is creativity and innovation.” — Bob Iger
20. “True authority and true leadership come from knowing who you are and not pretending to be anything else.” — Bob Iger
21. “If you approach and engage people with respect and empathy, the seemingly impossible can become real.” — Bob Iger
22. “People go to Disney because they know its brand attributes. We believe we have an opportunity to go with our content directly to consumers.” — Bob Iger
23. “And I tend to approach bad news as a problem that can be worked through and solved, something I have control over rather than something happening to me.” — Bob Iger
24. “People sometimes shy away from taking big swings because they assess the odds and build a case against trying something before they even take the first step.” — Bob Iger
25. “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood.” — Bob Iger
Bob Iger’s Personal Life
Bob Iger grew up in a successful family and was a voracious reader who later graduated from Ithaca College with a Bachelor of Science in Television and Radio.
Iger’s current wife is Willow Bay, and they have been married since 1995.
This is his second marriage, and he has four children, two from each.
Please share these Bob Iger Quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about Bob Iger in the comment section below.