We have a superb selection of demotivational quotes that perfectly complement the days you do not feel inspired.
These demotivational sayings are sure to keep you motivated to remain unmotivated.
What causes demotivation?
Demotivation is a lack of enthusiasm or interest in something.
Many people empathize with not being motivated to go to work, complete chores, or finish required tasks.
Here are some reasons people do not feel motivated:
- They fear change.
- They lack a sense of purpose.
- They have unrealistic expectations.
A lack of motivation can result from internal and external reasons.
In our personal lives, we sometimes need to allow ourselves room to be motivated and excited about things that are good for us.
Eating well and exercising are necessary for a healthy life, yet how many of us wake up motivated to do either?
Some days we do not have the energy, which is okay.
There is nothing wrong with taking a day to recover, rest, or plan our next move.
Life comes with challenges; not all can be solved by hanging motivational posters on our walls.
Demotivation at work
In our careers, it is common for us to lose motivation.
When we go to work at jobs or careers that do not make us happy, it is easy to lose motivation.
People who do what they love feel more fulfilled.
Their motivation is intrinsic because their work aligns with their passions.
Check out our selections below if you are looking for demotivational quotes to make you smile and think.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of motivational quotes of the day for daily rejuvenation.
Short demotivational quotes
It does not take much to suck out the motivation in life.
1. “Try & try until you cannot succeed.” ― Self
2. “Trying is the first step toward failure.” — Homer Simpson
3. “He who laughs last didn’t get the joke.” — Charles de Gaulle
4. “The reward for good work is more work.” — Francesca Elisia
5. “I love mankind; it’s people I can’t stand!” — Charles M. Schulz
6. “Accept that you’re just a product, not a gift.” ― Konrad
7. “Happy people do not wake up for breakfast.”― Tetiana Liubetska
8. “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.” — Mae West
9. “I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.” — W.C. Fields
10. “Not everything is a lesson. Sometimes you just fail.” — Dwight Schrute
These quotes will have you quitting in no time.
11. “Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.” — Cassern S. Goto
12. “I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.” — Charlie Brown
13. “The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.” — Steven Wright
14. “We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience.” — George Bernard Shaw
15. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard
16. “Life is pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.” — William Goldman
17. “If at first, you don’t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn’t for you.” — Steven Wright
18. “There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.” — Justin Sewell
19. “It could be that your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.” — Ashleigh Brilliant
20. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” — Margaret Mead
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of discouraged quotes to lift you.
Funny demotivational quotes
Don’t forget to laugh while you lose motivation.
21. “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” — George Carlin
22. “Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.” — Benjamin Franklin Wade
23. “The capacity for friendship is God’s way of apologizing for our families.” — Jay McInerney
24. “When we talk to God, we’re praying. When God talks to us, we’re schizophrenic.” — Jane Wagner
25. “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” — Terry Pratchett
26. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” — Will Rogers
27. “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” — Sam Levenson
28. “Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.” — Alan Dundes
29. “By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.” — Robert Frost
30. “Teamwork: A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.” ― Justin Sewell
Demotivational quotes for work
These quotes are all about losing motivation for work.
31. “Just imagine how terrible it might have been if we’d been at all competent.” ― Terry Pratchett
32. “There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.” ― Justin Sewell
33. “Furthermore, having lost faith in himself, he thought it his duty to undermine the nation’s faith in itself.” ― Nathanael West
34. “Sex is mathematics. Individuality no longer an issue. What does intelligence signify? Define reason. Desire – meaningless. Intellect is not a cure. Justice is dead.” ― Bret Easton Ellis
35. “When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it’s really a meteor hurtling to the Earth that will destroy all life, then you’re pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it’s death by meteorite.” ― Justin Sewell
36. “Consulting: If you’re not a part of the solution, there’s good money to be made in prolonging the problem.”― Justin Sewell
37. “Nothing says “you’re a loser” more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.” ― Justin Sewell
38. “The United States was a big country where everybody wore funny t-shirts and ate too much.”― Adam Rex
39. “Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It’s our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we’ve screwed things up for them.” ― Justin Sewell
40. “You have to make the good out of the bad because that is all you have got to make it out of.” ― Robert Penn Warren
Are you looking to feel uninspired? This quote selection has you covered.
41. “Life is only logical, and to think it’s a gift is depressing.” ― Konrad
42. “Food for thought: Every dead body on Mount Everest was once a highly motivated person. Stay lazy, my friends. It may save your life one day.” ― Oliver Markus Malloy
43. “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” — Winnie the Pooh
44. “Change is not a four-letter word, but often your reaction to it is!” — Jeffrey Gitomer
45. “It’s only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realize how often they burst into flames.” — Harry Hill
46. “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific. — Lily Tomlin
47. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” — Bette Midler
48. “If at first, you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.” — W.C. Fields
49. “Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don’t always like.” — Lemony Snicket
50. “The story so far: In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” — Douglas Adams
We can’t win them all
You probably must feel pretty unmotivated if you made it this far down our quote list.
Motivation is what keeps us passionate, but there are times when we do not have it.
Winning is a mindset.
A winning attitude is like water; water adapts to its conditions.
Every opportunity can be seen as a win if we learn something from it.
If we can adjust our attitude to a winning mindset, we stop seeing failure as a setback and learn to incorporate it as a teacher.
Life is a series of experiences that teach us about polarity.
Many people enjoy the warm sunshine, but we would not appreciate the sun’s rays if we did not experience the cold wind of the nighttime.
Similarly, we need challenging experiences and moments of chaos to value.
At the same time, it is human to feel unmotivated from time to time.
Our energy is finite, and we need space to just be from time to time.
What did you learn from these demotivational quotes and sayings?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments below.
December 19, 2022 6:54 AM EST