Get a sneak-peek into Regency London with these Bridgerton quotes.
Bridgerton is a television historical drama series set during the world of Regency London high society. It is based on the best-selling series of novels written by Julia Quinn.
Bridgerton follows the story of Daphne Bridgerton, the eldest daughter of the powerful Bridgerton family, as she makes her debut on Regency London’s competitive marriage market and the high society scandal sheet written by the mysterious Lady Whistledown.
Bridgerton offers a unique blend of escapism and drama with its gossip-style narrative, which many can relate to. So much of the series is light and warm drama sequences that anyone could digest and binge any day.
The Bridgerton quotes below will take you on a witty ride of fantasy, gossip, and drama.
Don’t forget to also check out these Virgin River quotes if you already binged seasons 1-3
Bridgerton quotes from Lady Whistledown
1. “My name is Lady Whistledown. You do not know me and rest assured, you never shall, but be forewarned dear reader, I certainly know you.” ― Lady Whistledown
2. “I have always thought that an appreciation of the arts is what lifts us beyond mere animals.” ― Lady Whistledown
3. “All is fair in love and war, but some battles leave no victory, only a trail of broken hearts that makes us wonder if the price we pay is ever worth the fight.” ― Lady Whistledown
4. “The ones we love have the power to inflict the greatest scars. For what thing is more fragile than the human heart?” ― Lady Whistledown
5. “Is anything more exhilarating than taking a gamble? For it is often the highest risk that carries the greatest reward.” ― Lady Whistledown
Bridgerton quotes from Daphne
6. “We all need to find love one day.” ― Daphne
7. “You have no idea what it is to be a woman. What it might feel like to have one”s entire life reduced to a single moment.” ― Daphne
8. “There is light to be found at the end, and I know, one day, we both will find it.” ― Daphne
9. “I must admit, I have felt more chemistry when being fitted at the Modiste.” ― Daphne
10. “It reminds me of waking up in the country, first thing in the morning, when I”m all alone and I”ve not yet spoken to a soul. I look outside the window and it is serene, as if I could be the only person left in the world, and yet, somehow, I am not lonely. I am comforted, at peace.” ― Daphne
11. You should know that your apology has absolutely no effect on my life.” ― Daphne
12. You think that, just because I am a woman, I am incapable of making my own choices?” ― Daphne
13. “Do you know how many times I have heard that said? To leave the men to their business and to not concern myself with such weighty affairs, whose affairs are my future, my family.” ― Daphne
14. “I know we could not be any more different, but there is one thing we do share, the certainty that you will make your own way in this world.” ― Daphne
15. “Just because something is not perfect does not make it any less worthy of love.” ― Daphne
16. “I believe I now know the reason why every mama of the ton keeps their daughter in total darkness about certain diversions. Should they have told us what it was truly like, however would we get anything else done at all?” ― Daphne
17. “I have all that I want just here.” ― Daphne
18. “You do not lie to the one you love. You do not trick the one you love. You do not humiliate the one you love. I may not know much, as you have made abundantly clear, but I do know one thing. I know that is not love.” ― Daphne
19. Judge not lest we too be judged.” ― Daphne
20.”I love all of you. Even the parts that you believe are too dark and too shameful. Every scar. Every flaw. Every imperfection. I love you.” ― Daphne
Bridgerton quotes from Simon
21. “If I were truly courting you, I would not need flowers, only five minutes alone with you in a drawing room.” ― Simon
22. “In the grand battle of Season, I am your trusted General, marshalling your troops.” ― Simon
23. “A feigned swoon. Chapter six I believe? We ought to up our game.” ― Simon
24. “What happens between a husband and wife, well, it is a natural continuation of what happens at night, when you”re alone.” ― Simon
25. “Feelings are irrelevant. Indeed, they are responsible for this mess.” ― Simon
26. “To meet a beautiful woman is one thing, but to meet your best friend in the most beautiful of women is something entirely apart.” ― Simon
27. “I cannot stop thinking of you. From the mornings you ease, to the evenings you quiet, to the dreams you inhabit, my thoughts of you never end.” ― Simon
28. I am yours. I have always been yours.” ― Simon
29. “I was prepared to die on that duelling field rather than marry you and take your dream away. I would have died for you.” ― Simon
30. “I do not want to be alone. I know that now. But what I do not know, is how to be the man you need me to be, the man you truly deserve.” ― Simon
Bridgerton quotes from Eloise
31. “I am already roasting. Surely I cannot be expected to bear these fashions the entire day.” ― Eloise
32. “Having a nice face and pleasant hair is not an accomplishment. Do you know what is an accomplishment? Attending university.” ― Eloise
33. “How does a lady come to be with child? I thought one needed to be married. Apparently it”s not even a requirement.” ― Eloise
34. “Suppose I want a different life, that I truly believe I am quite capable of something more, even when I am not allowed to have anything else.” ― Eloise
35. “You wish to follow your heart and I wish to nurture my mind. Let us leave it there.” ― Eloise
36. “Whistledown is a woman, therefore she has nothing, and still she writes. You”re a man, therefore you have everything. You are able to do whatever you want. So do it, be bold.” ― Eloise
37. “Why must our only options be to squawk and settle or to never leave the nest. What if I want to fly?” ― Eloise
38. “I will look like every other lady, except less graceful and more bad tempered.” ― Eloise
39. “I am here Pen, to help you find a reason, every day, to endure the absence of your dear papa.” ― Eloise
Bridgerton quotes from Lady Bridgerton
40. “I realise it may be unfashionable, but we like each other.” ― Lady Bridgerton
41. “I saw the way the two of you looked at each other last night and this morning. There are not others. There is only the Duke.” ― Lady Bridgerton
42. “You must simply marry the man who feels like your dearest friend.” ― Lady Bridgerton
43. “The two of you care for each other deeply. When all is said and done, nothing else matters.” ― Lady Bridgerton
44. “However difficult forgiving someone may be, it is necessary to move forward.” ― Lady Bridgerton
Bridgerton quotes from Lady Danbury
45. “Would it pain you to wear some colour, Your Grace? The London season is already terribly monotonous as it is. Must your wardrobe do the same?” ― Lady Danbury
46. “I knew I would have to step into the light someday, and I could not very well be frightened, so instead, I made myself frightening.” ― Lady Danbury
47. “You must promise me that when you step into the light, you will be worthy of the attention you command.” ― Lady Danbury
48. “I understand that you believe such subjects as love and devotion, affection and attachment, you find it all trite and frivolous. But have you any idea those very things are precisely what have allowed a new day to begin to dawn in this society.” ― Lady Danbury
49. “Pride, your grace. It will cost you everything and leave you with nothing.” ― Lady Danbury
Bridgerton quotes from other characters
50. “Flawless, my dear.” ― Queen Charlotte
51. “My fists have taken enough pounding from your chin today, your Dukeship.” ― Will
52. “I shall always be the woman you love in darkness but never in the light of day.” ― Siena
53. “Do watch where you”re flying Angel.” ― Cressida
54. “I cannot help it. You are perfection itself.” ― Prince Friedrich
55. “The brighter a lady shines, the faster she may burn.” ― Lady Whistledown
Which of these Bridgerton quotes is your favorite?
The series shows themes scattered throughout the series with brilliant narratives such as gender roles, femininity, social classes, politics, racism, scandals, and sexuality.
One can easily find him, or herself hooked to the wild issues of high society and bitter rivalries in Bridgerton.
The existence of Lady Whistledown keeps all the high nobles at their feet, fearing any smear on their name.
Although much of the story is non-applicable to the modern world, this simply reflects our vulnerability as humans to care too much about our social status and what others may perceive us.
These Bridgerton quotes and sayings are a must-read if you enjoy 18th-century lifestyle and fantasy.
November 1, 2021 7:00 AM EST