Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Quotes From the Famous Western
February 16, 2023 1:42 AM EST
Every fan of westerns will love these classic Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid quotes!
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is an American western released in 1969, loosely based on a true story.
The movie was written by William Goldman, directed by George Roy Hill, and stars Paul Newman, Robert Redford, and Katharine Ross, among others.
The movie has won many awards and was a box office hit, bringing in more than $102 million against a $6 million budget.
The movie’s plot follows Butch Cassidy, a smooth, talkative outlaw leader, and his sidekick, The Sundance Kid, who is a dead shot.
When the two outlaws try for a big steal, a group of lawmen pursue them and end up chasing them, along with the Sundance Kid’s girlfriend, Etta Place, into Bolivia.
While the two outlaws decide to go “straight” and live an honest life, things get tough, and the two outlaws decide to go back to their old ways, which leads Etta to leave.
Enjoy learning more about the movie through these Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid quotes!
You will also enjoy our article on Three Amigos quotes.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Quotes by Butch Cassidy
Check out these quotes from the outlaw leader.
1. “I wanna fight ’em!” – The Sundance Kid
2. “They don’t even break formation.” – Butch Cassidy
3. “Do you believe I’m broke already?” – Butch Cassidy
4. “Is that what you call giving cover?” – Butch Cassidy
5. “They could surrender to us, but I wouldn’t count on that.” – Butch Cassidy
6. “And you were all mouth.” – The Sundance Kid
7. “Just one clear shot, that’s all I want.” – The Sundance Kid
8. “Why is there never any money, Butch?” – Etta
9. “How come you’re so talkative” – Butch Cassidy
10. “Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?” – The Sundance Kid
Check out our collection of Conspiracy Theory quotes if you enjoy this article.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Quotes by the Sundance Kid
Check out these quotes from the gun-wielding sidekick!
11. “Boy, for a gunman, you sure are a pessimist.” – Butch Cassidy
12. “You could never shoot, not from the very beginning.” – Butch Cassidy
13. “The best, how? You mean toughest?” – The Sundance Kid
14. “Well, the way I figure it, we can either fight or give. If we give, we go to jail.” – Butch Cassidy
15. “Kid – the next time I say, “Let’s go someplace like Bolivia,” let’s go someplace like Bolivia.” – Butch Cassidy
16. “Ah, you’re wasting your time. They can’t track us over rocks.” – Butch Cassidy
17. “Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.” – Butch Cassidy
18. “There’s something I ought to tell you. I never shot anybody before.” – Butch Cassidy
19. “But if we fight, they can stay right where they are and starve us out or go for position – shoot us; might even get a rockslide started and get us that way. What else could they do?” – Butch Cassidy
20. “You know, when I was a kid, I always thought I’d grow up to be a hero.” – Butch Cassidy
You will also enjoy our article on Josey Wales quotes.
How Does The Movie End?
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid steal a payroll, and the burro transporting the money is recognized.
The local police chase the two outlaws into a building, but unknown to the outlaws, the Bolivia Army has been called in, and the building is surrounded.
When the two outlaws try to escape the building, they think there are only a couple of police officers, but a whole army guns them down.
Please share these classic Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid quotes with your friends and share your favorite in the comments.