Looking for inspirational keep calm quotes that can help you manage your mind when the pressure is on?
We can all use a little help and inspiration when it comes to keeping calm.
Learning this skill, and being inspired to keep our calm and composure, helps us maintain our cool during stressful times.
This makes us stand out at work and gives us the ability to navigate personal situations in new and more effective ways.
In case you need a little boost to get you to the realm of calm, here are some stay calm quotes.
Don’t forget to also read our collection of uplifting quotes about winter for more inspiration.
Keep Calm Quotes To Help You Manage Pressure
1. “They sicken of the calm who know the storm.” ― Dorothy Parker, Sunset Gun: Poems
2. “Well, I can’t eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs. One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them. I say it’s perfectly heartless you’re eating muffins at all, under the circumstances.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
3. “You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.” ― Pema Chödrön
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Pema Chödrön quotes about finding peace in life.
4. “Patience is not the ability to wait. Patience is to be calm no matter what happens, constantly take action to turn it to positive growth opportunities, and have faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
5. “Whoever’s calm and sensible is insane!” ― Jalaluddin Rumi, The Essential Rumi
6. “To learn to see – to accustom the eye to calmness, to patience, and to allow things to come up to it; to defer judgment, and to acquire the habit of approaching and grasping an individual case from all sides.
This is the first preparatory schooling of intellectuality. One must not respond immediately to a stimulus; one must acquire a command of the obstructing and isolating instincts.”― Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols
7. “I like trains. I like their rhythm, and I like the freedom of being suspended between two places, all anxieties of purpose taken care of: for this moment I know where I am going.” ― Anna Funder, Stasiland: Stories from Behind the Berlin Wall
8. “Rushing into action, you fail.
Trying to grasp things, you lose them.
Forcing a project to completion, you ruin what was almost ripe.
Therefore the Master takes action by letting things take their course.
He remains as calm at the end as at the beginning.
He has nothing, thus has nothing to lose.
What he desires is non-desire; what he learns is to unlearn.
He simply reminds people of who they have always been.
He cares about nothing but the Tao.
Thus he can care for all things.” ― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
9. “Right at that moment it was as if we were the only two people left in the world. And I don’t mean that to sound corny; it just honestly did. The only sounds were the droning crickets and chip-chips of the bats, the faraway wind against the sand, and the occasional distant yowl of a dingo.
There were no car horns. No trains. No jack-hammers. No lawnmowers No planes. No sirens. No alarms. No anything human. If you’d told me that you’d saved me from a nuclear holocaust, I might have believed you.”― Lucy Christopher, Stolen: A Letter to My Captor
10. “Be like a duck, paddling and working very hard inside the water, but what everyone sees is a smiling and calm face.” ― Manoj Arora, From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom
11. “The ideal of calm exists in a sitting cat.” ― Jules Renard
12. “Be patient. Your skin took a while to deteriorate. Give it some time to reflect a calmer inner state. As one of my friend’s states on his Facebook profile: “The true Losers in Life, are not those who Try and Fail, but those who Fail to Try.” ― Jess C. Scott, Clear: A Guide to Treating Acne Naturally
13. “Perhaps there are those who are able to go about their lives unfettered by such concerns. But for those like us, our fate is to face the world as orphans, chasing through long years the shadows of vanished parents. There is nothing for it but to try and see through our missions to the end, as best we can, for until we do so, we will be permitted no calm.” ― Kazuo Ishiguro, When We Were Orphans
14. “The storm before the calm.” ― Cameron Conaway, Caged: Memoirs of a Cage-Fighting Poet
15. “Who’s crazy: people who trust other people, or people who don’t?” ― Lenore Skenazy
16. “The woman recovering from abuse or other stressful life situations may feel she’s in no way in charge of anything, least of all her own world. She faces the horse with trepidation. The horse senses the fear and becomes tense and concerned. The wise instructor starts small.
The woman is handed a soft brush and sent to fuss over the horse. It’s pointed out that if she stands close to the animal, she will be out of range of a well-aimed kick. She is warned to watch for tell-tale signs of fear in herself and the horse. She’s warned to keep her feet out from under the horse’s stomping hoof.
They’re both allowed to back away and regroup and try again until they reach an accord regarding personal space. Calm prevails, and within a few minutes, hours or sessions, interaction becomes friendship. It happens almost every time a woman is allowed enough time and space to work through the situation.
So a woman whose daily life is overwhelming her learns to step back. Is this a cure for her endless problems? Of course not. Simple is not simplistic.” ― Joanne M. Friedman, Horses in the Yard
17. “A man of calm is like a shady tree. People who need shelter come to it.” ― Toba Beta, Betelgeuse Incident: Insiden Bait Al-Jauza
18. “Don’t let the rain drive you to the wrong shelter; the shade can turn out to be your protector and also your destroyer, and sometimes the rain is the perfect protector from the rain.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of rain quotes that will help wash away the stress and bring you the happiness you deserve.
19. “Music burst through him, perfect notes he hear rarely. Fire and ice, wind and calm, sky and earth, water and rock all fused together. Joley seemed as wild and turbulent s the sea, yet beneath her fiery passion, at the very core of her, she was as forceful and strong and as constant as the deepest ocean currents.
Ilya seemed as calm as a windless sea, yet beneath the surface smoldered a volcano of such explosive magnitude, his power could easily sweep everything from his path. Together they completed each other, his melody and hers merging together into a single, perfect harmony.” ― Christine Feehan, Turbulent Sea
20. “A samurai must remain calm at all times even in the face of danger.” ― Chris Bradford, The Way of the Sword
Also check out these silence quotes on the importance of reflection.
Inspirational Keep Calm Quotes about Life and Serenity
21. “When you are angry try your best to go to sleep, it keeps you away from speaking, writing and thinking while you are angry.”― Amit Kalantri
22. “…I’ve been with you all day.
I’m trying to stay calm.
I’m impatient and it’s really hard to breathe.
I’m going to empty you and fill you in with me…” ― Slipknot, Slipknot, Vol. 3
23. “Those who believe and their hearts become calm and contented with the remembrance of Allah…know that it is the remembrance of Allah alone that brings rest to the hearts. (The Qur’an-surah ar-R’ad; 28)” ― Anonymous
24. “It stood calm against the suburban storm raging around it. The thunder screamed across the sky; it slapped the clouds into a heated turmoil that flew towards the south.” ― J.D. Stroube, Caged in Darkness
25. “You cannot wait for an untroubled world to have an untroubled moment. The terrible phone call, the rainstorm, the sinister knock on the door—they will all come. Soon enough arrive the treacherous villain and the unfair trial and the smoke and the flames of the suspicious fires to burn everything away. In the meantime, it is best to grab what wonderful moments you find lying around.” ― Lemony Snicket, Shouldn’t You Be in School?
26. “Peaceful disputes are maintained when men sincerely believe that they are morally, logically correct about the issues at hand. It is when neither side is really certain that wars are instigated.”― Criss Jami, Killosophy
27. “I lay there with my mind running amuck, on the brink of madness. And somehow, gradually, early Sunday morning, I became calm. I can’t think of any other word for it. I was thinking about the beach poem again, and I started to feel that I was being looked after, that everything was OK.
It was strange: if there was ever a time in my life when I had the right to feel alone this was it. But I lost that sense of loneliness. I felt like there was a force in the room with me, not a person, but I had a sense that there was another world, another dimension, and it would be looking after me.
It was like, “This isn’t the only world, this is just one aspect of the whole thing, don’t imagine this is all there is.” ― John Marsden, A Killing Frost
28. “Indeed, she often wondered if she were dead, or dying from the inside out, and that was the root of her calm, the reason she could surrender her character.” ― Gregory Maguire, A Lion Among Men
29. “And someday, when the parties don’t dazzle you anymore,
and when the alcohol fails to amuse your senses, come to me.
We’ll lie on the grass, stare at the stars, and talk about Life.
Maybe I will become the Moment you rediscover yourself again.” ― Meraaqi, Divine Trouble
30. “The nature of the world is to be calm, and enhance and support life, and evil is an absence of the inclination of matter to be at peace.” ― Gregory Maguire, Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
31. “When you gaze out on a quiet, peaceful meadow, next to a still pond, under a motionless blue sky, you wonder how the noisy, busy cacophony of life could have arisen from such silent, motionless beginning.” ― M., The Meaning(s) of Life: A Human’s Guide to the Biology of Souls
32. “If we are calm,” replied the policeman, “it is the calm of organized resistance.”
“Eh?” said Syme, staring.
“The soldier must be calm in the thick of the battle,” pursued the policeman. “The composure of an army is the anger of a nation.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare
33. “When one tunes in into nature’s frequency, life becomes change, change becomes hope!” ― Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
34. “But somehow, standing in the clear night air, under a sky that glowed like a shower of sparks, none of that stuff mattered. It slipped off me. It was like shedding your clothes before you step in the shower. I felt I was down to essentials again. In fact I felt very close to God at that moment. I guess if you’re ever going to feel close to God it’ll be while you’re looking at the heavens.” ― John Marsden, The Night Is for Hunting
35. “Patience, more than the ability to bear pains or endure waiting, is to be calm no matter what happens – constantly take action to turn it to positive growth opportunities – and have faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting.” ― Roy T. Bennett
36. “Maybe if we just lay beneath the stars long enough, all our worries will dissipate into the cosmos. And we can lay there motionless, yet sailing across the stars.” ― Trevor Driggers
37. “When I’m depressed, I read Caeiro — he’s my fresh air. I become very calm, content, faithful — yes, I find faith in God, and in the soul’s transcendent living smallness, after reading the poems by that ungodly anti-humanist who goes unsurpassed on earth.” ― Álvaro de Campos
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of powerful depression quotes that will provide perspective.
38. “There is so much power in choosing to love yourself against all odds and I hope with every kind of painful experience you become more aware who you are and what you are truly capable of. Life hurts but it’s also remarkably beautiful if you look past the chaos.” ― Nikki Rowe
39. “Whatever you value, it becomes your sun! If you value a calm night, your own sun will rise with the sunset on the horizon!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
40. “Let’s accept it that dead people are in position for relaxing and watching.” ― Deyth Banger
41. “The weather is nature’s disruptor of human plans and busybodies. Of all the things on earth, nature’s disruption is what we know we can depend on, as it is essentially uncontrolled by men.” ― Criss Jami, Killosophy
42. “It’s more than OK to say no to the people and places that harm your peace.” ― Nikki Rowe
43. “It was a wonderful feeling, a sense of release and boundless freedom that he had never known before. He was beyond the reach of all the things that had weighed him down and hemmed him in.” ― Michael Ende, The Never Ending Story
44. “Stay at peace with everyone you meet and hold no grudge with anyone for any reason.” ― Israelmore Ayivor, Become a Better You
45. “When problems come, remain calm in two cases. One when you know you can solve them so smile; second when you know you can’t so be silent.” ― Vikrmn, 10 Golden Steps of Life
46. “The new disease of our age is being OK doing everything at exactly the same time.” ― Nigel Cumberland, 100 Things Successful People Do: Little Exercises for Successful Living
Stay Calm Quotes for Anger and Anxiety
47. “Control your anger, be calm.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
48. “If you find yourself engaged in an argument that only stirs anger in the heart, quickly make peace and carry on.” ― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
49. “Life could have been way easier if we can just use “Please, do not disturb” sign in our social lives!” ― Mohsen Sheha
50. “Quiet mind, quiet soul.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
51. “The enormous vermilion sun was dropping toward the sea, its reflected glow making a blazing path across the water to the very beach, where the last ripple was spangled with garnets. Otherwise, the sea was periwinkle purple, spilling and whispering and sidling with an easy going prattle of foam round the steeper rocks.” ― L.M. Boston, The Sea Egg
52. “When we observe the flow of our breathing, we transcend our thoughts and are able to bring mind and body into harmony with each other. Thus, we create calm.” ― Christopher Dines, The Kindness Habit: Transforming our Relationship to Addictive Behaviours
53. “Nothing conquers the chaos around me like the calm assurance that I am at peace with God.” ― Ron Brackin
54. “I love the storm and fear the calm.” ― Christina Queen of Sweden
55. “Why are we afraid of the silence that ensues after our death? Wasn’t it the same silence we endured before birth? Isn’t it the same silence we revel in when we are completely immersed in the present moment? Let us not be afraid.” ― Kamand Kojouri
56. “I take showers to think.” ― J.R. Rim
57. “…ya can’t get to Nevada on five bucks and a bad heart…” ― Dave Matthes, Return to the Madlands
58. “Knowing when you should weigh up your options, remain calm and not take everything at face value has certain benefits. Ending the day with a peaceful soul is one…” ― Virginia Alison
59. “…people who don’t live at least a little bit in fear, have nothing left to live for.” ― Dave Matthes, Return to the Madlands
60. “You don’t have to go back to the way things were. Just go back to the point where you left off. Don’t start over… just keep going, but there’s a right way of keeping going. And no one here is going to be angry at you for leaving. We all have to leave sometimes.
And some of us never come back. But there’s always a choice, even if you’ve already decided never to return. You can still come back from this. That is the only kind of faith that matters. Not in the world, not in…God…, not in our friendship… just in yourself.” ― Dave Matthes, Return to the Madlands
61. “He thought perhaps it was a woman’s way, to come out of such a storm of emotion and pain as if she were a ship emerging onto calm seas. She had seemed, not at peace, but emptied of sorrow. As if she had run out of that particular emotion and no other one arose to take its place.” ― Robin Hobb, Blood of Dragons
62. “Let the night take you. Let the stars evaporate into your dreams. Let sleep be the only comfort for you to believe.” ― Anthony Liccione
63. “Never lose your temper.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita, Pearls of Wisdom: Great mind
64. “Echo of the waves appears in the sky, their lights reflected in your eyes. I’m back in our world and happy again. The sound of your voice, compassionate embrace… The power in your touch, serenity of stride…
The beating of your heart calms down my presence, gracing with eternal peace of mind… Bathing in the sunshine of your arms I’m deeply aware of the melodic stream that has no language…gliding beneath the quiet Heaven of your eyes…” ― Oksana Rus
Keep calm quotes for tough times
65. “Rationality and calm self-determination were one of the great illusions of the universe… in the end, we were all ruled by our passions.” ― Michael R. French, Once Upon a Lie
66. “Be calm like a calm lake, then you will look beautiful like a beautiful calm lake!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
67. “It is better to be still than to speak when you are angry.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
68. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” – Dan Millman
69. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Wayne W. Dyer
70. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, it empties today of its strength.” – Corrie ten Boom
71. “Learn to calm down the winds of your mind, and you will enjoy great inner peace.” – Remez Sasson
72. “Keep calm because pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver and eartbreak makes you wiser.” – Ritu Ghatourey
73. “Keep calm and keep learning.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
74. “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organise your life around it.” – Brian Tracy
75. “Keep cool; anger is not an argument.” – Daniel Webster
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of cool quotes about keeping a relaxed mind.
Keep calm quotes to elevate your mind
76. “Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.”— Swedish Proverb
77. “Breath is the power behind all things…. I breathe in and know that good things will happen.” —Tao Porchon-Lynch
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of soothing breathe quotes to help you relax.
78. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.”— Robert Louis Stevenson
79. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” —Hermann Hesse
80. “Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.”— Plato
81. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” —Thích Nhất Hạnh
82. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.”— Aristotle
83. “Calmness is the cradle of power.” —Josiah Gilbert Holland
84. “There are times when we stop, we sit still. We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.” —James Carroll
85. “Simply let experience take place very freely, so that your open heart is suffused with the tenderness of true compassion.” —Tsoknyi Rinpoche
More keep calm quotes and sayings
86. “Keep calm, you may feel weak but God is strong.” —Unknown
87. “When you wish to feel more positive, you can decide to be calm and direct your thoughts.” – Julia Hidy
88. “In every circumstance, keep calm.” —Lailah Gifty Akita
89. “Whatever the situation is – no matter how aggravated and angry you feel, staying cool and keeping your mind calm always pays off for the better.” – Penelope Holmes
90. “Relaxation comes from letting go of tense thoughts.” —Frances Wilshire
91. “When you’re in control, confident and calm in stressful situations, you’ll win everyone over.” – David Fletcher Chase
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of stress quotes that will teach you tips to better manage yours.
92. “Learn to be calm and you will always be happy.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
93. “My key to dealing with stress is simple: just stay cool and stay focused.2 – Ashton Eaton
94. “Never rush in haste for anything. Keep calm, stay focused, and the sequence of events will take care of itself.” —Unknown
95. “The inner peace of an alert and calm mind are the source of real happiness and good health.” – Dalai Lama
Other calm quotes to inspire you
96. “Gentleness is strength under control. It is the ability to stay calm, no matter what happens.” – Elizabeth George
97. “When everything around you is crazy, it is ingenious to stay calm.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
98. “By staying calm, you increase your resistance against any kind of storms.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
99. “The ability to stay calm and focused in the midst of change is what distinguishes great leaders from those just collecting a paycheck.” – Todd Stocker
100. “Take a deep breath and read. It’ll calm you.” – Robert Dunbar
101. “The greatest measure of success is not money but a calm and loving mind.” – Maxime Lagacé
102. “The ability to remain calm before, during, and after the storm reveals one’s true strength of character.” – Christine E. Szymanski
103. “In this fast-paced world, it’s important to slow down sometimes.” – Biker George
104. “Confident spirit, calm strength.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
105. “To calm your anxious mind, fear not and love yourself without judgement.” – Debasish Mridha
Did you enjoy these stay calm quotes?
If you find yourself in a stressful situation, remember to pause, breathe, and consider any of these quotes about staying calm under pressure.
March 15, 2021 6:00 AM EST