Call Me By Your Name is an award-winning romance movie that captivated audiences and critics worldwide. Relive the romance of Elio and Oliver through the passionate Call Me By Your Name quotes below.
What’s your favorite scene from Call Me By Your Name?
Call Me By Your Name stars Timothee Chalamet and Armie Hammer as 17-year-old aspiring musician Elio and 24-year-old graduate student Oliver. The film follows the couple’s intimate relationship during one summer in northern Italy.
Call Me By Your Name currently has a 94% Certified Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, showing widespread acclaim. In 2018, the film was nominated for three Academy Awards (Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Original Song, Best Adapted Screenplay), winning Best Adapted Screenplay.
Let your heart flutter as you read the quotes below!
Don’t forget to also check out these romantic couple quotes that inspire more love and affection.
Call Me By Your Name Quotes from Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
1. “Well, if you only knew how little I really know about the things that matter.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
2. “I’ll never have the courage to ask a question like that.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
3. “Can’t stand the silence. I need to speak to you.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
4. “God, we wasted so many days.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
5. “I could show you around.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
6. “Please don’t avoid me. It kills me. I can’t stand thinking you hate me. Your silence is killing me. I’d sooner die than know you hate me.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
7. “I don’t want you to go.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
8. “Maybe it made sense when you wrote it.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
9. “What if I grow to hate him?” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
10. “You know I’m not going anywhere.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
Call Me By Your Name Quotes from Oliver (Armie Hammer)
11. “Call me by your name and I’ll call you by mine.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
12. “Trust me. I’m about to be a doctor.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
13. “From the way your dad spoke to me, he made me feel like a part of the family, almost like a son-in-law. You’re so lucky! My father would have carted me off to a correctional facility.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
14. “I like the way you say things.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
15. “I wish everyone was as sick as you.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
16. “You’re making things very difficult for me.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
17. “You’re too stressed. You’ve just got to relax a little bit.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
Call Me By Your Name Quotes from Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
18. “We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to make yourself feel nothing so as not to feel anything – what a waste!” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
19. “You’re too smart not to know how rare, how special what you two had was.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
20. “How you live your life is your business, just remember, our hearts and our bodies are given to us only once. And before you know it, your heart is worn out, and, as for your body, there comes a point when no one looks at it, much less wants to come near it. Right now, there’s sorrow, pain. Don’t kill it and with it the joy you’ve felt.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
21. “When you least expect it, nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
22. “What you two had, had everything and nothing to do with intelligence. He was good. You were both lucky to have found each other, because you too are good.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
23. “In my place, most parents would hope the whole thing goes away. Pray their sons land on their feet, but… I am not such a parent.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
24. “You’re too old not to accept people for who they are.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
25. “Muscles are firm, not a straight body in these statues. They’re all curved, sometimes impossibly curved, and so nonchalant hence their ageless ambiguity as if they’re daring you to desire them.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
26. “Look, you had a beautiful friendship. Maybe more than a friendship. And I envy you.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
Call Me By Your Name Quotes from others
27. “People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don’t always like who they are.” – Marzia (Esther Garrel)
28. “Cinema is a mirror of reality and it is a filter.” – Art Historian 2 (Marco Sgrosso)
29. “Compromises are tragic.” – Art Historian 1 (Elena Bucci)
30. “Until one day he asks the princess point-blank: Is it better to speak or to die?” – Annella Pearlman (Amira Casar)
Who was your first love?
Call Me By Your Name deals with a universal experience–dealing with your first love. Falling in love for the first time comes with an exciting, yet scary burst of emotions. That experience teaches you lessons that help you make lasting relationships in the future.
Whether the relationship ended amicably or not, it can be difficult to let go of the memories. But, with time, the wounds will heal. Years from now, you’ll look back and see how the relationship shaped the person that you are today.
Which of these Call Me By Your Name quotes and lines is your favorite? What movie should we feature next? Let us know below!