Call Me By Your Name Quotes To Make You Swoon
March 7, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Relive the romance of Elio and Oliver through the passionate Call Me By Your Name quotes below.
Call Me By Your Name is an award-winning romance movie that captivated audiences and critics worldwide.
Released in 2017, the film was directed by Luca Guadagnino and is based on the novel of the same name by Andre Aciman.
According to a study conducted by Rotten Tomatoes, Call Me By Your Name has a 95% approval rating among critics and a 91% approval rating among audiences.
This highlights the critical and commercial success of the film.
What’s your favorite scene from Call Me By Your Name?
Call Me By Your Name stars Timothee Chalamet and Armie Hammer as 17-year-old aspiring musician Elio and 24-year-old graduate student Oliver.
The film follows the couple’s intimate relationship during one summer in northern Italy.
Despite their age and cultural differences, the two develop a deep and passionate relationship over the summer.
The movie is known for its beautiful cinematography and captivating performances by its lead actors, particularly Chalamet’s portrayal of Elio, which received widespread critical acclaim and earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.
The film’s depiction of a same-sex relationship in a nuanced and sensitive manner was also praised, as was the soundtrack, which features memorable and haunting original songs by Sufjan Stevens.
Call Me By Your Name currently has a 94% Certified Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, showing widespread acclaim.
In 2018, the film was nominated for three Academy Awards (Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Original Song, Best Adapted Screenplay), winning Best Adapted Screenplay.
Let your heart flutter as you read the quotes below!
Don’t forget to also check out these romantic couple quotes that inspire more love and affection.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Call Me By Your Name Quotes from Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
A survey conducted by YouGov found that over 70% of Americans believe that Call Me By Your Name is an important film that explores themes of love, desire, and self-discovery.
This underscores the cultural significance of the movie.
1. “Well, if you only knew how little I really know about the things that matter.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
2. “I’ll never have the courage to ask a question like that.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
3. “Can’t stand the silence. I need to speak to you.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
4. “God, we wasted so many days.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
5. “I could show you around.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
6. “Please don’t avoid me. It kills me. I can’t stand thinking you hate me. Your silence is killing me. I’d sooner die than know you hate me.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
7. “I don’t want you to go.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
8. “Maybe it made sense when you wrote it.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
9. “What if I grow to hate him?” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
10. “You know I’m not going anywhere.” – Elio (Timothee Chalamet)
Call Me By Your Name Quotes from Oliver (Armie Hammer)
According to a study published in the journal Psychology of Popular Media Culture, Call Me By Your Name has been praised for its authentic and nuanced portrayal of a same-sex romantic relationship.
The film has been credited with helping to break down harmful stereotypes and promote greater acceptance of LGBTQ+ individuals.
11. “Call me by your name and I’ll call you by mine.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
12. “Trust me. I’m about to be a doctor.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
13. “From the way your dad spoke to me, he made me feel like a part of the family, almost like a son-in-law. You’re so lucky! My father would have carted me off to a correctional facility.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
14. “I like the way you say things.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
15. “I wish everyone was as sick as you.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
16. “You’re making things very difficult for me.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
17. “You’re too stressed. You’ve just got to relax a little bit.” – Oliver (Armie Hammer)
Call Me By Your Name Quotes from Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
18. “We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to make yourself feel nothing so as not to feel anything – what a waste!” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
19. “You’re too smart not to know how rare, how special what you two had was.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
20. “How you live your life is your business, just remember, our hearts and our bodies are given to us only once. And before you know it, your heart is worn out, and, as for your body, there comes a point when no one looks at it, much less wants to come near it. Right now, there’s sorrow, pain. Don’t kill it and with it the joy you’ve felt.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
21. “When you least expect it, nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
22. “What you two had, had everything and nothing to do with intelligence. He was good. You were both lucky to have found each other, because you too are good.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
23. “In my place, most parents would hope the whole thing goes away. Pray their sons land on their feet, but… I am not such a parent.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
24. “You’re too old not to accept people for who they are.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
25. “Muscles are firm, not a straight body in these statues. They’re all curved, sometimes impossibly curved, and so nonchalant hence their ageless ambiguity as if they’re daring you to desire them.” – Mr. Pearlman (Michael Stuhlbarg)
Call Me By Your Name Quotes From André Aciman
26. “We had the stars, you and I. And this is given once only.”
― André Aciman
27. “People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don’t always like who they are.”― André Aciman
28. “I believe with every cell in my body that every cell in yours must not, must never, die, and if it does have to die, let it die inside my body.” ― André Aciman
29. “Perhaps we were friends first and lovers second. But then perhaps this is what lovers are.” ― André Aciman
30. “Is it better to speak or die?” ― André Aciman
31. “Time makes us sentimental. Perhaps, in the end, it is because of time that we suffer.” ― André Aciman
33. “We are not written for one instrument alone; I am not, neither are you.” ― André Aciman
34. “Look me in the face, hold my gaze, and call me by your name.” ― André Aciman
35. “Most of us can’t help but live as though we’ve got two lives to live, one is the mockup, the other the finished version, and then there are all those versions in between.” ― André Aciman
36. “Right now there’s sorrow. I don’t envy the pain. But I envy you the pain.” ― André Aciman
Who was your first love?
Call Me By Your Name deals with a universal experience–dealing with your first love.
Falling in love for the first time comes with an exciting, yet scary burst of emotions.
That experience teaches you lessons that help you make lasting relationships in the future.
Whether the relationship ended amicably or not, it can be difficult to let go of the memories.
But, with time, the wounds will heal.
Years from now, you’ll look back and see how the relationship shaped the person that you are today.
Which of these Call Me By Your Name quotes and lines is your favorite?
What movie should we feature next?
Let us know below!