It would be correct if nonchalant quotes were termed psychological therapists.
You can give them to your nonchalant fellow in the hopes that he’ll benefit and start acting more responsibly.
We are sure you would have tried to discover the most appropriate nonchalant quotes but didn’t succeed.
Here you’ll find the finest compilation of nonchalant quotes and sayings.
You can read and enjoy and share with a nonchalant person.
But before heading toward the quotes section, let’s check out the definition of nonchalant.
What is a nonchalant person like?
A nonchalant individual is someone who is passive and attempts to avoid conflict passively.
This passive personality trait can appear in various ways depending on the person’s overall personality.
Passive people can come off as laid-back, carefree, or timid.
Let’s take an illustration to make it clear.
For instance, your friend passes by a group of friends chatting and giggling.
He avoids participation in the gossip.
Without showing concern, he goes away and sits in an idle corner.
Such a friend can be described as being nonchalant.
What do nonchalant people lack?
Nonchalant people lack casual concern.
They carry a calm mood devoid of zeal or excitement.
But the fact cannot be denied that people who seem nonchalant don’t necessarily lack emotions.
What they lack is expression.
Such people appear to believe that they are broken in some way.
Their expression is limited because not everything calls for expression.
They believe there is nothing wrong with them.
So they continue their careless behavior.
Can carelessness be nonchalant?
A nonchalant person can very much be caring.
But since they don’t express so, they are considered careless.
Inwardly they can be as caring as a normal person.
However, they sometimes act indifferent or uninterested without considering whether nonchalance is good or bad.
Is being nonchalant good?
Nonchalance can be a good and bad thing.
The term refers to people who are unconcerned about anything and are serene.
The word nonchalant has a distinct negative meaning when used about people who casually disregard others’ sufferings.
How to get a nonchalant to open up?
You can provoke a response from a nonchalant by following these tips.
- Consistency is the key
- Practice active listening technique
- Be inquisitive…but not excessively
- Be a good example of sharing and self-disclosure
- Tell them that you value your relationship
- Recognize your preferences
Now that you are done with knowing about nonchalant behavior, you will truly enjoy our nonchalant quotes given below.
Top 10 nonchalant quotes
Here, we have compiled the top ten nonchalant quotes that are impressive and inspirational.
1. “Fortune favors the nonchalant.” — Marty Rubine
2. “Being nonchalant absolutely serves no good!” — Jissha Nair
3. “Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.” — Henry Beard
4. “Jazz music is an intensified feeling of nonchalance.” — Francoise Sagan
5. “Lies often have the power to make people nonchalant.” — Sandeep Sethi
6. “My shrug was so nonchalant it would make a cat jealous.” — Patrick Rothfuss
7. “Nonchalant attitude creates a man of iron-will resistant to the ‘ruffian’ Moirai.” — Ashwin Bharadwaj S
8. “They became nonchalant because this was more or less an everyday occurrence out there.” — Bob Petersen
9. “Ah, abhore me to the core, I won’t fail to adore: but stop being nonchalant, it is a murderer blatant.” — Parry P. Eugene
10. “Arguing with me is a waste of time, I’m so sarcastic and nonchalant that it’s gon piss you off even more.” — Anonymous
Nonchalant quotes for the careless attitude
It might sound strange, but only caring people can identify a nonchalant. Please go through the nonchalant quotes listed below to understand what this means.
11. “I’m very nonchalant. I don’t care about anything.” — Rob Kardashian
12. “I’m not a nonchalant person but sometimes I really just don’t care.” — Anonymous
13. “I’m nonchalant, not toxic, like, I care but why would I show it and you moving how you move? lol nah.” — Anonymous
14. “Gemini are mostly nonchalant, but deep down in their heart, they actually consider a whole lot of things.” — Anonymous
15. “Reminiscing the things which are ludicrous and makes me nonchalant to the things which are important to me….” — Saneha Pareek
16. “You are at peace with yourself when you are unattached and nonchalant to the things that don’t flow naturally towards you.” — Pragya
17. “Even though a Sagittarius is usually nonchalant, when it comes to the person they love, they care deeply about everything.” — Anonymous
18. “I’m nonchalant, so if you ever catch me caring know it’s genuine. It’s too many people or things I concern myself and my emotions with.” — Anonymous
19. “Cool and nonchalant, like none of this mattered anyway. Is that what guys really wanted? Or was it just what the girls thought the guys wanted.” — Jodi Picoult
20. “Countless souls are starving to death around the world, yet you keep wasting heaps of money on alcohol, cigarettes and cheap thrills – how can you be so nonchalant, my friend!” — Abhijit Naskar
Nonchalant quotes for working people
Reading the nonchalant quotes mentioned below is sufficient to boost your morale at work.
21. “Be a soldier; be nonchalant while at war.” — Anonymous
22. “Making a horror movie carries a nonchalant realism.” — Anonymous
23. “She would’ve been torn between acting cool and nonchalant and wanting to geek out over the experience.” — Hugh Howey
24. “I don’t think it’s success which makes u rude or nonchalant towards other people. I thinks it’s regular failure which makes u like that.” — Ekta S. Pandey
25. “Panic! for me has been an outlet for nonchalant chaos. It gives me full ride to fulfill this dream that anything is possible because of this band.” — Brendon Urie
26. “In the first half, we were playing kind of nonchalant. Sometimes our offense is off but we’ll still play decently on defense and that will keep us in the game.” — Caitlin Hyduke
27. “I like very dry humor. I don’t like things that are over the top. I like subtlety. I like things that are nonchalant. I like characters that are sort of monotone and based in dark comedy.” — Emily Rios
28. “I am definitely not nonchalant. I have to leave nonchalant at home when I’m working on something, otherwise I just don’t feel like I’m committed, and I’ve gotta be fully committed.” — Guy Pearce
29. “My mom would give me a piece to play, but I wouldn’t do any theory because when it came time to do it I would sneak back upstairs and watch TV. So, I had these kind of nonchalant lessons for years, then it just started soaking in.” — Vanessa Carlton
30. “By the time we hit the streets they were silent and closed in on us, and they had assumed the Nonchalant Look, an expression that said, I am not a nurse escorting six lunatics to the ice cream parlor. But they were, and we were their six lunatics, so we behaved like lunatics.” — Susanna Kaysen
Nonchalant quotes for the expression of emotions
When it comes to judging nonchalant’s emotions, nonchalant quotes can help. So, read these and get benefited.
31. “Cheerfulness and a nonchalant approach to life go hand and hand with freedom.” — Marty Rubin
32. “The nonchalant oceanic in beauty of her eyes, made me believe in the calmness of death!” — Amit Kumar
33. “You buried your innocence alive with your toys. You buried your pain with a nonchalant attitude.” — Anonymous
34. “Show nonchalant attitude to your life. Who knows? Sorrow may get bored coming to a response less human.” — Anonymous
35. “It was brutal acting this nonchalant. I was revved up like an ADD sufferer at a kaleidoscope convention.” — Mark Tufo
36. “I am a nonchalant person until you discover me but then you realize that I’m more absurd than anything else in this world.” — Suryansh
37. “A part of her was immune to pain, numbed by humiliating experiences and hatred while the part that had known finer emotions, powerless to alter the course of events, chose to remain nonchalant.” — Neetha Joseph
38. “Having a nonchalant attitude is far better than stressful attitude. As stressed mind never gives positive vibes. Happy, calm and relaxed mind helps us to manifest all the things that we wanna attract in our life.” — Larika Shakyawar
39. “There’s a perception about the player’s attitude – that they’re not ready mentally. They may be nonchalant now, but once players step on the field, it’ll be a different story. Everybody wants to win, you can’t let teams show you up.” — Randy Winn
40. “The first half of the 1960s was the apogee of what might be termed the Age of Cool – as defined by that quality of being simultaneously with-it and disengaged, in control but nonchalant, knowing but ironically self-aware, and above all inscrutably undemonstrative.” — Martin Filler
Nonchalant quotes that are worth sharing
Here, we have listed the best nonchalant quotes you can share with friends and family.
41. “Nonchalance is the ability to remain down to earth when everything else is up in the air.” — Earl Wilson
42. “She is confident and nonchalant in equal proportion to my paralyzing self-consciousness” — Rachel Friedman
43. “Enough with nonchalance in the name of practicality! Let us now rise as tornado and wipe out all apathy.” — Abhijit Naskar
44. “He moved in a way that suggested he was attempting the world speed record for the nonchalant walk.” — Terry Pratchett
45. “The nonchalance and dolce-far-niente air of nature and society hint at infinite periods in the progress of mankind.” — Henry David Thoreau
46. “He shook his head in wonder. “You are magnificent.” “I keep telling everyone that,” she said with a nonchalant shrug, “but you seem to be the only one to believe me.” — Julia Quinn
47. “Do you recall the object which we saw, That fair, sweet, summer morn! At a turn in the path a foul carcass, Burning and dripping with poisons, Displayed in nonchalant way.” — Charles Baudelaire
48. “And prefers to sit out a problem rather than sweat out a solution. The nonchalant and perfunctory attitude is a powerful tool of satan in his efforts to retard the growth of God’s kingdom.” — Myles Munroe
49. “Ursula tried to remember what her own last words to her father had been. A nonchalant ‘See you later,’ she concluded. The final irony. ‘We never know when it will be the last time,’ she said.” — Kate Atkinson
50. “Ah, today is not really a good day, but my afterthought suggests it is, since I have had the chance to learn that life cannot be exemplary all the time. It is good to be taken aback once in a while because only then, would I value the state of being nonchalant.” — Aishah Madadiy
Which of the above nonchalant quotes did you like the most?
Hope the collection of nonchalant quotes and sayings above can be more than helpful.
After reading the entire list, you will find a quote that seems more inspiring, and you will enjoy reading it repeatedly.
All the above sayings are collected after careful selection, offering you a variety of nonchalant quotes.
Some of these quotes are interesting, allowing you to share them with friends and family.
If you have found the best nonchalant quote, don’t forget to share it with us via the comments section given below.