These Charlotte’s Web quotes will remind you of the importance of living in the present.
Did you know that in a 2012 survey of School Library Journal readers, Charlotte’s Web came in first in their poll of the top 100 children’s novels?
Classics are classics for a reason.
They are stories that deliver and make us want to be better people.
Weaving a thread between animal and human reality, E.B. White reminds us to live in the present.
Like Wilbur and Charlotte, we must accept change and transition.
Life on the farm illustrates that the natural world of animals and insects is just as complex and profound as our reality.
This coming-of-age story sheds light on our own lifelong transitions.
Do you focus on experiences from your past that hold you back?
Or do you move on to the next chapter of your life the way Charlotte does?
The wise spider reminds us “Never hurry and never worry!”
Let these Charlotte’s Web quotes keep you aligned with the now.
Don’t forget to also check out these Anne of Green Gables quotes from the iconic coming of age novel.
Charlotte’s Web quotes on the importance of living in the now
1. “With the right words, you can change the world.”
2. “If I can fool a bug… I can surely fool a man. People are not as smart as bugs.”
3. “I don’t understand it, and I don’t like what I don’t understand.”
4. “Children almost always hang onto things tighter than their parents think they will.”
5. “Never hurry and never worry!”
6. “You have been my friend,” replied Charlotte, “That in itself is a tremendous thing.”
7. “Trust me, Wilbur. People are very gullible. They’ll believe anything they see in print.”
8. “A spider’s web is stronger than it looks. Although it is made of thin, delicate strands, the web is not easily broken.”
9. “Don’t write about Man; write about a man.”
10. “After all, what’s life, anyway? We’re born, we live a little while, we die.”
Classic Charlotte’s Web quotes
11. “It is deeply satisfying to win a prize in front of a lot of people.”
12. “It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer.”
13. “Salutations are greetings; it’s my fancy way of saying hello.”
14. “By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone’s life can stand a little of that.”
15. “The quickest way to spoil a friendship is to wake somebody up in the morning before he is ready.”
16. ”A spider’s web is stronger than it looks. Although it is made of thin, delicate strands, the web is not easily broken.”
17. “No one had ever had such a friend—so affectionate, so loyal, and so skillful.”
18. “No one had ever had such a friend—so affectionate, so loyal, and so skillful.”
19. “Wilbur was modest; fame did not spoil him.”
20. “The light strengthened, the mornings came sooner.”
Charlotte’s Web quotes that will make you want to be a better person
21. “Well I am pretty. Nearly all spiders are good-looking. I’m not as flashy as some, but I’ll do.”
22. “Meetings bore me.”
23. “I’ve got a new friend, all right. But what a gamble friendship is!”
24. “Chin up, chin up. Everybody loves a happy face.”
25. “In good time he was to discover that he was mistaken about Charlotte. Underneath her rather bold and cruel exterior, she had a kind heart, and she was to prove loyal and true to the very end.”
What did you learn from these Charlotte’s Web quotes?
Charlotte’s Web is one of the most beautiful stories ever written.
It teaches all of us the importance of mortality.
Wilbur is reminded of his own mortality when he is presented with the truth that animals like him are destined for the dinner table.
How do we respond when our mortality is reflected back to us in the form of a health challenge or an acknowledgment that we are getting older?
Some of these experiences can be frightening as they teach us about growing, sacrifice and ultimately, transition.
Charlotte understood that all things are transitory.
This allowed her to follow her highest excitement in life and pursue excellence in the face of challenges with elegance and gratitude.
She knew that everything is reborn; ideas, people, experiences and feelings.
If a spider is capable of such profound yet simple acts of courage and creativity, imagine the meaningful things we can accomplish as humans.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Charlotte’s Web quotes and lines?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:12 AM EST