These cherry quotes highlight all the beauty and positive things about life
Cherry is a mini-size fruit that is often used to add some over-the-top touch to food and drinks. Symbolically, cherries signal goodwill and prosperity among individuals.
Just like in the wartime era, cherry means diplomatic peace, love, and harmony. In fact, during the end of the war, Japan donated over 3,000 cherry trees to the U.S as a sign of peace and friendship.
Cherry blooms from a tree at the most favorable time of the year, the spring season. It provides people with symbolic hope for new beginnings and good luck throughout the year. The cherry quotes below will remind you of the beauty and good about life.
Don’t forget to also check out these Strawberry quotes for enjoying the sweetness of summer.
Cherry quotes about life
1. “Life is simple, it’s either cherry red or midnight blue.” –Lou Gramm
2. “Life is not a bowl full of cherries, there’s good and bad stuff.” –Fuzzy Zoeller
3. “Here’s an idea: let’s get over ourselves, buy a cherry pie, and go fall in love with life.” – Tom Robbins
4. “If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?” – Erma Bombeck
5. “What a strange thing! to be alive beneath cherry blossoms.” –Kobayashi Issa
6. “For me, life is a bowl of cherries.” –Sissy Spacek
7. “You can’t serve up hearts like cherries jubilee.” – Leonard Bailey
8. “Have a cherry-on-top kind of day!” – Unknown
9. “You can’t pick cherries with your back to the tree.” –John N. Mitchell
10. “I know that living with me was not a bowl of cherries.” –Steve Jobs
Beautiful cherry quotes and sayings
11. “Life is just a bowl of cherries, don’t take it seriously, it’s mysterious. Life is just a bowl of cherries, so live and laugh and laugh at love, love a laugh, laugh and love.” – Bob Fosse
12. “Under a cherry tree, all burdens of life fly away!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
13. “So we grew together like to a double cherry, seeming parted, but yet a union in partition, two lovely berries molded on one stem.” – William Shakespeare
14. “The man for me is the cherry on the pie. But I’m the pie and my pie is good all by itself. Even if I don’t have a cherry.” – Halle Berry
15. “Just as cherry, plum, peach and damson blossoms all possess their own unique qualities, each person is unique. We cannot become someone else. The important thing is that we live true to ourselves and cause the great flower of our lives to blossom.” – Daisaku Ikeda
16. “There is no stranger under the cherry tree.” – Kobayashi Issa
17. “In the cherry blossom’s shade there’s no such thing as a stranger.” – Kobayashi Issa
18. “One must ask children and birds how cherries and strawberries taste.” –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
19. “The greedy one gathered all the cherries, while the simple one tasted all the cherries in one.” –Mark Nepo
20. “The cherries’ only fault: the crowds that gather when they bloom” – Saigyō
Cherry quotes to inspire you
21. “A relationship isn’t going to make me survive. It’s the cherry on top.” –Jennifer Aniston
22. “I want to do for you what the spring does for the cherry trees” – Pablo Neruda
23. “Experiences are like cherry on the cake. It’s nice, but that’s not what’s going to make a difference to the habit.” – Martine Batchelor
24. “Time will come; we will plant trees to other planets! I see the orange trees and the cherries in the far lands beyond the earth.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
25. “For in spite of the snapdragons and the duty millers and the cherry blossoms, it was always winter.” –Janet Frame
26. “Bright reds – scarlet, pillar-box red, crimson or cherry – are very cheerful and youthful. There is certainly a red for everyone.” –Christian Dior
27. “I always like to serve the people some good soul music, and Christmas was just the cherry on top.” –V. Bozeman
28. “You have treated the arts as the cherry on the cake. It needs to be the yeast.” – Mallika Sarabhai
29. “You can’t serve up hearts like cherries jubilee” – Leonard Bailey
30. “Don’t give cherries to pigs or advice to fools” –Proverb
Funny cherry quotes and one liners
31. “Pretty please, with a cherry on top of me!” – Gena Showalter
32. “When better cherries are not to be had, We need must take the seeming best of bad.” – Samuel Daniel
33. “No one wants a cherry pie that bites back.” – RuPaul
34. “If you want to find Cherry-Tree Lane all you have to do is ask the Policeman at the cross-roads.” – P. L. Travers
35. “Experience is devoid of the cherry-picking that we find in studies.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
36. “Loveliest of trees, the cherry now is hung with bloom along the bough.” – A.E. Housman
37. “There’s no diet list I’ll follow that would rule out cherry pie.” – Edgar Guest
38. “Well, he had two stabs at the cherry” – Alan Green
39. “I value my garden more for being full of blackbirds than of cherries, and very frankly give them fruit for their songs.” –Joseph Addison
40. “Most anthologists of poetry or quotations are like those who eat cherries or oysters, first picking the best and ending by eating everything.” –Nicolas Chamfort
Wise cherry quotes and captions
41. “There is money to be made in the marketplace, but under the cherry tree there is rest.” –Ruskin Bond
42. “Life is like a cocktail, made up for the most part of sweet things, and tinged with a dash of bitters. We must drain it to the dregs to get at the cherry, just as we must live a full and rounded life to know all its pleasures.” –Edgar Guest
43. “It would be lovely to sleep in a wild cherry-tree all white with bloom in the moonshine” –Lucy Maud Montgomery
44. “We’ll take the cake with the red cherry on top.” – Navjot Singh Sidhu
45. “If I were asked to explain the Japanese spirit, I would say it is wild cherry blossoms glowing in the morning sun!” – Motoori Norinaga
46. “Between our two lives there is also the life of the cherry blossom.” – Matsuo Basho
47. “Love is an ice cream sundae, with all the marvelous coverings. Sex is the cherry on top.” –Jimmy Dean
48. “[W]hen the mind is really absent, in that silence, in that unlimited space, your potential starts glowing, radiating, flowering. Suddenly you are full of cherry blossoms, a new presence, a new fragrance.” –Rajneesh
49. “Science is not there for you to cherry-pick … You can decide whether or not to believe in it but that doesn’t change the reality of an emergent scientific truth.” –Neil deGrasse Tyson
50. “If you pay attention to good critics, you have to listen to the bad. So you have to ignore them all really. You can’t just cherry-pick the glowing ones.” – Ricky Gervais
What did you learn from these cherry quotes?
The cherry is often attributed to the feeling of satisfaction and extra happiness. Still, in Japanese culture, both the cherry itself and the cherry blossom represent the fragility and beauty of life. Thus, it serves to remind us that life is overwhelmingly beautiful and good in a sense, but it is also sadly short.
There is so much life has to offer to us. We just need to grab it. Under the same tree or planet, we are essentially connected rather than strangers. Life is all about taking chances and seeing the beauty in everything. Try to see the good, the positive, and the beauty in life each day.
Hopefully, these cherry quotes and sayings remind you of the sweetness of life and inspire you. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
August 2, 2021 7:00 AM EST