No matter what hue you prefer, these awesome red quotes undoubtedly prove that the color red is one of the best choices.
Different hues and colors have various meanings and representations.
Let us know your favorite red quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading red quotes?
People see colors in different ways, and these quotes will help you learn more about the color red.
Some colors (like red) symbolize:
Conversely, others are often associated with:
Some people love deep, dark hues, while others prefer bright and vibrant shades.
However, despite their meanings and symbolism, colors make the world better and more lively. Not just black or grey, colors such as red add so much variety to life.
The color red is sometimes associated with love and passion.
Sometimes, it symbolizes strength, power, danger, courage, and dominance, making it a mysterious yet highly loved shade of color.
These red quotes will tell you why this is one of the best colors to choose from, along with giving you some great ideas for fashion and captions.
Don’t forget to check out these color blue quotes to delight the senses and spark creativity.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Color Red Quotes About Fashion
1. “There is a shade of red for every woman.” – Audrey Hepburn
2. “Nothing attracts attention like a red dress.” – Laura Bush
3. “I want to be different. If everyone is wearing black, I want to be wearing red.” – Maria Sharapova
4. “Lipstick can glam up a whole look, especially in red.” – Rihanna
5. “As she always did on any really important day, Penelope Hayes wore red.” ― Anna Godbersen, The Luxe
6. “Life is simple, it’s either cherry red or midnight blue.” – Lou Gramm
7. “Never has it been inappropriate for a girl to wear a red dress.” ― Caroline George, The Vestige
8. “Put on your red shoes, and dance the blues.” – David Bowie
9. “When in doubt, wear red.” – Bill Blass
10. “Red goes with everything and red goes with nothing.” – Chloe Thurlow
Beautiful red quotes about love
11. “She’s wearing a tight red sweater and a red skirt and enough makeup to scare a hooker.” – Kathryn Stockett
12. “Red lips like a living, laughing rose.” – Adela Florence Nicolson
13. “Red is for fire red is for love too it lies in our hand what we wanna choose.” – Shivangi Lavaniya
14. “He tried to imagine the sound of the color red.” – Pete Hamill
15. “Red is the ultimate cure for sadness.” – Bill Blass
16. “Pink gives me love that would even make red blush.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
17. “When in doubt, make a red painting.” – Kay WalkingStick
18. “Roses aren’t red, the detail is.” ― Dominic Riccitello
19. “Pink colors my world red!” ― Anthony T. Hincks
20. “With a smile that glowed Celestial rosy red, love’s proper hue.” – John Milton
21. “In my mind, I see all of my passionate memories in bright, burning Red.” – Taylor Swift
22. “There is certainly a red for everyone.” – Christian Dior
23. “Stronger than alcohol, vaster than poetry, Ferment the freckled red bitterness of love!” – Arthur Rimbaud
24. “When I haven’t any blue, I use red.” – Pablo Picasso
25. “Roses are red, violets are blue, I’m schizophrenic, and so am I.” – Oscar Levant
26. “I write to create red in a world that often appears black and white.” – Terry Tempest Williams
27. “He says I’m beautiful as a red tomato.” – Jeanne DuPrau
28. “Red protects itself. No color is as territorial. It stakes a claim, is on the alert against the spectrum.” – Derek Jarman
29. “Our love is like a red, red rose… and I am a little thorny.” – Jim Carrey
30. “Red is the first color of spring. It’s the real color of rebirth. Of beginning.” – Ally Condie
Inspirational Red Quotes About Happiness
31. “Candy apple red is my favorite color. It’s a powerful color to wear. It’s always been that way I’ve always been really attracted to that color.” – Carly Rae Jepsen
32. “She’s applying her lipstick; I’ve always believed that the universe invented the color red solely for Latinas.” – Junot Diaz
33. “I’m in love with red. I think it’s such a passionate color. Every flag of every country pretty much has red in it. Its power, there’s no fence sitting with red. Either you love it or you don’t. I think it’s blood and strength and life. I do love red. I love all colors. Great shades of blue, you find them in nature. They are all magic.” – Bryan Batt
34. “Red is the great clarifier bright and revealing. I can’t imagine becoming bored with red it would be like becoming bored with the person you love.” – Diana Vreeland
35. “Bet you don’t know why the sun sets red. You see, light is made up of lots of colors. And out of all those colors, red is the one that travels the farthest.” – Axel
36. “I always liked red. It’s a picker-upper. Red, of course, is the color of the interior of our bodies. In a way it’s inside out, red.” – Anish Kapoor
37. “Red is a strong, happy, optimistic color, and I like having fun with it, you know? Like, when colors clash – I love that strangeness.” – Victoria Beckham
38. “Red is such an interesting color to correlate with emotion because it’s on both ends of the spectrum. On one end you have happiness, falling in love, infatuation with someone, passion, all that. On the other end, you’ve got obsession, jealousy, danger, fear, anger and frustration.” – Taylor Swift
39. “Wear red and just be silent, don’t even whisper by yourself; you will see that you will be heard easily because red always speaks on behalf of you! By wearing red, you give your tongue and voice to red color!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
40. “The Amity exchange smiles. They are dressed comfortably in red or yellow. Every time I see them, they seem kind, loving, free.” ― Veronica Roth, Divergent
Passionate Red Quotes
41. “Red blood is just so hard to clean up” “You would know” I snap remembering Shade. “Because no matter how hard you try to hide it, I see it all over your hands” ― Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen
42. “A monster, some called her. But in the shadows, only said in whispers, she was an angel in red.” ― Emory R. Frie, Enchanted Forest
43. “If hot red is for anger and rage, pink is the color of a soft burning – hot enough to light up the dark corners of sadness and grief, but cool enough to be tender, innocent, open.” ― Ibi Zoboi, American Street
44. “Your veins are using up the redness of the world.” ― Frank O’Hara, Meditations in an Emergency
45. “Wintering over geraniums with their pale green ginkgo leaves─ they have not died, and neither has she, but the blooms are gone, and every part of her longs for red.” ― Anne Fall, Rosa Scriptum
46. “The sky inside my head never turns blue. It is forced to stay red. By the demon, who is yellow inside me.” ― Akshay Vasu
47. “All my life I’ve pursued the perfect red. I can never get painters to mix it for me. It’s exactly as if I’d said, “I want Rococo with a spot of Gothic in it and a bit of Buddhist temple” – they have no idea what I’m talking about. About the best red is to copy the color of a child’s cap in any Renaissance portrait.” ― Diana Vreeland
48. “Any cat may stare into a fire and see red mice play.” ― George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
49. “The lesser grindstone stood alone there in the calm morning air, with a red upon it that the sun had never given, and would never take away.” ― Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
50. “When I was out on the battlements it was cool and I could hardly hear them. I sat there quietly. I don’t know how long I sat. Then I turned round and saw the sky. It was red and all my life was in it.” ― Jean Rhys, Wide Sargasso Sea
Famous red quotes for everyday
51. “Today I wear red and I truly let go, losing my way and finding my soul.” – Shilpa Ahuja
52. “A red dress gives the confidence to walk out, the freedom to live and the power to conquer.” – Shilpa Ahuja
53. “My mind goes into party mode when I wear red!” – Shilpa Ahuja
54. “Xander Harris: Hair. Red. Red is good. Fire engines are red. Porsche’s are red.” – Christopher Golden, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
55. “The red carpet can hide more than just blood stains.” – Anthony T. Hincks
56. “Red is one of the strongest colors, it’s blood, it has a power with the eye. That’s why traffic lights are red I guess, and stop signs as well… In fact I use red in all of my paintings.” – Keith Haring
57. “Designers want me to dress like spring, in billowing things. I don’t feel like Spring. I feel like a warm red autumn.” – Marilyn Monroe
58. “Looking up at that starry sky gave him the creeps: it was too big, too black. It was all too possible to imagine it turning blood-red, all too possible to imagine a Face forming in lines of fire.” – Stephen King, It
59. “Red is uplifting.” – Jerry Lewis
60. “Loving him was red.” – Taylor Swift, Red
Red quotes that will make you feel something powerful
61. “Love and a red rose can’t be hid.” — Thomas Holcroft
62. “Red has always been my color, because red stands out.” — Ravyn Lenae
63. “Difficult choices, unlike red wine, rarely improve with age.” — Richard N. Haass
64. “Blood is blood and it’s all red. Show me what’s in your heart and in your eyes.” — James Frey
65. “I will never know how you see red and you will never know how I see it.” — Anne Carson, Autobiography Of Red
66. “The spirit of arrogance most definitely makes you shine. It paints a bright red target on your own forehead.” — Criss Jami, Killosophy
67. “In Asia, red is the color of joy; red is the color of festivities and of celebration. In Chinese culture, blue is the color of mourning.” — Vincent Tan
68. “The shiny red color of the soles has no function other than to identify to the public that they are mine. I selected the color because it is engaging, flirtatious, memorable, and the color of passion.” — Christian Louboutin
69. “The true color of life is the color of the body, the color of the covered red, the implicit and not explicit red of the living heart and the pulses. It is the modest color of the unpublished blood.” — Alice Meynell, The Colour Of Life
70. “We live in an age, in an era where there is so much negativity, there is so much violence in the world, there is so much unrest and people are at war, that I wanted to promote the word love and red signifies love.” — Elton John
Red quotes to ignite your senses
71. “Red lips are not so red as the stained stones kissed by the English dead.” ― Wilfred Owen
72. “I love bright red drinks, don’t you? They taste twice as good as any other color.” ― Lucy Maud Montgomery
73. “The spirit of arrogance most definitely makes you shine. It paints a bright red target on your own forehead.” ― Criss Jami
74. “You burn like hell, pure red and stormy and I fly like smoke, pure black and gloomy.” ― Mirza Sharafat Hussain Beigh
75. “Pink is just fancy red.” ― Daphne
76. “When we put on a dress, we give it life; but in the red dress it is the opposite, it is not the dress that is given life, but the one who wears it!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
77. “Red leaves the other colors blushing with emotions.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
78. “It takes many, many coats to cover the red. No matter what I do, it seeps right through, like the walls are bleeding.” ― Jennifer Niven
79. “Blood on the ground. We dance with the burning fire in our soul. As we rise as RED as the dawn.” ― Keziah Ruth D. Lingco
80. “In red, you feel naked even when you are dressed.” ― Chloe Thurlow
More red quotes about the color red
81. “Some people can’t see the color red. That doesn’t mean it isn’t there.” – Sue Grafton
82. “The red sun was pasted in the sky like a wafer.” – Stephen Crane
83. “I love red so much, I almost want to paint everything red.” – Alexander Calder
84. “Red’s my favorite color.” – Chyler Leigh
85. “I love my red hair. It makes me spunkier.” – Lindsay Lohan
86. “I’m not a natural redhead, but I enjoy having red hair.” – Jane Levy
87. “Ask yourself why a red carpet is red. It could be any colour.” – Jake Gyllenhaal
88. “Having red hair was never an issue, I’m so happy I have red hair.” – Nicola Roberts
89. “I always liked red. It’s a picker-upper.” – Nancy Reagan
90. “Arizona is gorgeous. The sunshine in Arizona is gorgeous red.” – Cecelia Bartoli
Red quotes to motivate you to keep the fire burning
91. “So I went to the Chinese restaurant and this duck came up to me with a red.” – Tim Vine
92. “That red carpet has to be felt to be believed.” – William H. Macy
93. “We worship an awesome God in the Blue States, and we don’t like federal agents poking around our libraries in the Red States. We coach Little League in the Blue States and have gay friends in the Red States.” – Barack Obama
94. “As far as playing, I didn’t care who guarded me – red, yellow, black. I just didn’t want a white guy guarding me, because it’s disrespect to my game.” – Larry Bird
95. “Is it wrong for me to love my own? Is it wicked for me because my skin is red? Because I am Sioux? Because I was born where my father lived? Because I would die for my people and my country?” – Sitting Bull
96. “The only advice I can give to aspiring writers is don’t do it unless you’re willing to give your whole life to it. Red wine and garlic also helps.” – Jim Harrison
97. “My imagination completely controls me, and forever feeds the fire that burns with dark red light in my heart by bringing me the best dreams. I’ve always had a wild imagination, a big heart and a tortured soul so I feel that dark fantasy, love and horror are in my blood.” – Kim Elizabeth
98. “The red carpet is a beautiful situation for people. I think everybody appreciates it and loves it and honors it. Nobody really acts a fool because they know this is a one-time thing.” – Snoop Dogg
99. “Some people say, ‘Shah Rukh, you work so hard. Why don’t you sit back with a glass of red wine or go out on the terrace for a smoke?’ But that’s not me.” – Shah Rukh Khan
100. “The world tells lots of people the light is red. You have to trust yourself and say, ‘I think the light is green, and I’m going to keep doing this.” – Tamara Taylor
Red Quotes That Make Red Classy
101. “Love is a spendthrift, leaves it arithmetic at home, is always in the red.” — Paul Scherrer
102. “Some gal would giggle and I’d get red, and some guy’d laugh and I’d bust his head. I tell ya, life ain’t easy for a boy named Sue.” — Johnny Cash
103. “Love is a spendthrift, leaves it arithmetic at home, is always in the red.” — Paul Scherrer
104. “White wine is like electricity. Red wine looks and tastes like a liquified beefsteak.” — James Joyce
105. “Give me juicy autumnal fruit, ripe and red from the orchard.” — Walt Whitman
106. “I used to go with solid blue, but recently I’ve found that a mix of red and green is a better fit for my personality.” — Tichina Arnold
107. “I’m not into red carpet looks where it’s clear the woman wanted to look like a pretty, pretty princess.” — Mindy Kaling
108. “Roses are red, And ready for plucking, You’re sixteen, And ready for high school.” — Kurt Vonnegut
109. “I think that red polka red dress is just iconic.” — Christian Siriano
110. “She had brillant red hair, like honey and roses and the sun all together.” — Kiera Cass
Red Quotes That Inspire You To Rock in Red
111. “I love getting dressed up for red carpet events and having my hair and makeup done professionally – that definitely helps with nerves of going down the red carpet.” — Jessica Ennis
112. “More than any other colour, red is loaded for action.” — Robert Genn
113. “I survived, carried on, glad to be like a weed, a wild red poppy, rooted in life.” — Marilyn Buck
114. “My lady’s presence makes the roses red, because to see her lips they blush for shame.” — Henry Constable
115. “Red Rum is the greatest thing on four legs since Pegasus.” — Jean Rook
116. “I love it when a woman is wearing Red Lipstick, and her hair is combed back, so sensual and confident.” — Oribe
117. “It’s amazing what the sight of four gentlemen with red crosses on their backs can to injured players.” — Jon Champion
118. “It sounds crazy, but I promise you it’s true; wearing red lipstick really can change the course of a night out.” — Minnie Mortimer
119. “My husband really loves the red [lipstick], so I keep the red because I want to keep the husband.” — Gwen Stefani
120. “I wish to cry. Yet, I laugh, and my lipstick leaves a red stain like a bloody crescent moon on top of the beer can.” — Sylvia Plath
What did you learn from these red quotes?
During Valentine’s Day, red colors are almost everywhere.
Red roses, hearts, and balloons are all around, which impart the message of love, commitment, and passion.
On the other hand, red can also be associated with blood, which can give the message of danger, anger, suffering, and grief.
To tone down the strength that the color red brings, some designers and artists usually combine it with light colors to produce works of art that are lighter.
The color red is best mixed with white to produce a pink shade, as well as yellow, grey, blue, and green.
Nevertheless, it still has a tinge of strength, power, and domination.
No matter how you see the color red in terms of symbolization, this strong shade is indeed a powerful one.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these color red quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
November 25, 2022 5:00 AM EST