Comedy fans will enjoy these Bo Burnham Inside quotes!
Bo Burnham is a comedian, actor, musician, and filmmaker born in Hamilton, Massachusetts in 1990.
He has made four comedy albums and four comedy specials; his fourth comedy special was called Inside.
In Inside, Burnham creates and stars in the special with no audience or crew, as it was made during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The special was released by Netflix and received critical acclaim.
It won multiple awards, including “Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special.”
The special portrays his brand of satirical and subversive stand-up and musical humor.
Additionally, three songs from Inside appeared on the Billboard charts and were certified gold.
Read these Bo Burnham Inside quotes to learn more about Bo and his comedy special.
Memorable Bo Burnham Quotes
Take a look at these memorable Bo Burnham quotes.
1. “I’m very left-brain.” — Bo Burnham
2. “Uncharted territory is a good place to be in.” — Bo Burnham
3. “I don’t want you to think I’m better than people or that I know better than people.” — Bo Burnham
4. “I’ve kind of stopped valuing laughter as the end-all measurement of what I’m doing.” — Bo Burnham
5. “I’d love to write a song that someone else sings that can actually sing really well.” — Bo Burnham
6. “Comedy is very strange to me and I don’t fully understand its purpose or function.” — Bo Burnham
7. “I don’t try to call myself a poet. But I know that my stuff is pretty literal, in that the themes are pretty simple and on the surface.” — Bo Burnham
8. “I hope kids can see my act and feel like they can be slightly more comfortable in their own skin because I’m being so ridiculously comfortable in mine.” — Bo Burnham
9. “Everyone in my family is very supportive, and any mention of family in my show is just, in my idea, the funniest version of the family of the guy of who’s performing.” — Bo Burnham
10. “I was definitely not the kid that just wanted to be famous for no reason whatsoever and then happened to find comedy. Fame and all that stuff have always been slightly terrifying to me, and it makes me very anxious.” — Bo Burnham
Bo Burnham Quotes For Fans
Fans of Bo Burnham will enjoy these Bo Burnham quotes!
11. “I’m still a kid in his bedroom, writing songs and playing them.” — Bo Burnham
12. “I’m just a giddy teenager who would like to break into show business anyway I can.” — Bo Burnham
13. “I’ll stop when I think I’m not doing good stuff. I’ll never exploit something just because people like it.” — Bo Burnham
14. “I think because of the Internet, I was able to study comedy from quite a young age and watch a lot of comedy.” — Bo Burnham
15. “It’s all about surprising people, and you’re not surprising people if you’re making them laugh every five seconds.” — Bo Burnham
16. “I’ve found nothing but support and generosity from older comics. I think comedians are a lot nicer than the stigma is, at least from my experience.” — Bo Burnham
17. “Comedy should be a source of positivity. I don’t want to bully people, and I don’t want people to come to my show to feel terrible about something.” — Bo Burnham
More Bo Burnham Quotes
Enjoy these Bo Burnham quotes!
18. “I love going to theatre and to shows so much.” — Bo Burnham
19. “I’ve found nothing but support and generosity from older comics.” — Bo Burnham
20. “I think comedy has a range, with multiple peaks in different areas.” — Bo Burnham
21. “I always wanted to be a comedian but never thought I’d be a musical comedian.” — Bo Burnham
22. “There’s a certain line between jokes and music and poetry that’s a bit blurred in my mind.” — Bo Burnham
23. “I enjoy stand up so much because I take time off, and then I’ll be excited to go back to it.” — Bo Burnham
24. “I’ve always liked the format of YouTube, sharing things for free, which is a nice exchange between people.” — Bo Burnham
25. “I was doing theater in my high school, and I started writing sort of silly songs on the piano backstage in summer theater. I eventually put them online and started getting this little following.” — Bo Burnham
Bo Burnham’s Personal Life
Burnham was raised Catholic, and after graduating from high school, he was accepted into New York University.
However, he never attended school since he began his comedy career.
Burnham started his career on YouTube and has over 3 million subscribers.
He is protective of his private life and does not do interviews except if they relate to an upcoming project.
Please share these Bo Burnham quotes with your family and friends and share any comments about him or his comedy special Inside in the comment section below.