It is summer, and that means it’s the season of watermelon, peaches, and strawberries! All the good stuff! And if you are a person who updates their life on Instagram, these fruit quotes will help you caption that perfect photo of you on the beach with a peach daiquiri. Or maybe that great shot of everyone at a family reunion eating some delicious melon!
Of course, fruit can have a serious side, and the biblical quotes below that use fruit as a metaphor prove that. Then there is the ‘lighter’ side of fruit, which you can see with the funny fruit quotes.
We can also use fruit as a metaphor for life, which many famous people have done, like Shakespeare and Stephen King. The fruit quotes about life will help you see life from a new perspective and help you get through some challenging times. Aside from all that, there are some actual benefits to eating fruit, which you can discover if you keep reading!
Don’t forget to also check out these beautiful flower quotes
Cute fruit quotes for those sweet Instagram moments
1. “Be like a pineapple. Stand tall, be sweet, and always wear a crown.” — Unknown
2. “I love you berry much!” — Unknown
3. “Fruit is nature’s candy.” — Unknown
4. “Sun, sand, and a pineapple in hand.” — Unknown
5. “Feelin’ coco-nutty.” — Unknown
6. “Peace, love, and pineapples.” — Unknown
7. “You’re one in a melon.” — Unknown
8. “Life is like a watermelon, sweet, but you have to spit out the seeds.” — Unknown
9. “Squeeze the day.” — Unknown
10. “Practice what you peach.” — Unknown
Fruit quotes from the Bible
11. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.” — Galatians 5:22
12. “Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.” — Matthew 3:8
13. “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.” — Hebrews 13:15
14. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me, you can do nothing.” — John 15:5
15. “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.” — John 15:16
16. “So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.” — Romans 7:4
17. “The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.” — Matthew 3:10
18. “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.” — James 3:17
19. “So that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.” — Colossians 1:10
20. “Moreover, we will bring to the storerooms of the house of our God, to the priests, the first of our ground meal, of our grain offerings, of the fruit of all our trees and of our new wine and olive oil. And we will bring a tithe of our crops to the Levites, for it is the Levites who collect the tithes in all the towns where we work.” — Nehemiah 10:37
Witty and funny fruit quotes
21. “Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” — Miles Kington
22. “Fruit… it’s just God showing off… Look at all the colors I know!” — Dylan Moran
23. “Most fruits, if left alone on a tree, eventually do ripen, especially if they’re not being yelled at.” — Firoozeh Dumas
24. “A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussel sprouts never do.” — P. J. O’Rourke
25. “A tomato may be a fruit, but it is a singular fruit. A savory fruit. A fruit that has ambitions far beyond the ambitions of other fruits.” ― E. Lockhart
26. “Every time you eat a fruit for the first time that year you need to make a wish.” ― André Aciman
27. “There is far too much common nonsense, and not nearly enough uncommon sense about fruit.” ― Mango Wodzak
28. “Time flies like an arrow – but fruit flies like a banana.” — Terry Wogan
29. “I like fruit baskets because it gives you the ability to mail someone a piece of fruit without appearing insane. Like, if someone just mailed you an apple you’d be like… Huh? What the hell is this? But if it’s in a fruit basket, you’re like… this is nice!” — Demetri Martin
Fruit quotes and sayings on life lessons
30. “A life without love is like a tree without fruit.” — Stephen King
31. “Taste every fruit of every tree in the garden at least once. It is an insult to creation not to experience it fully. Temperance is wickedness.” — Stephen Fry
32. “Fine fruit is the flower of commodities. It is the most perfect union of the useful and the beautiful that the earth knows. Trees full of soft foliage; blossoms fresh with spring bounty; and, finally, fruit, rich, bloom-dusted, melting, and luscious.” — Andrew Jackson Downing
33. “A basket of ripe fruit is holier than any prayer book.” — Marty Rubin
34. “Forbidden fruit tastes sweet, but its aftertaste is bitter.” — John F. Kennedy
35. “The weakest kind of fruit drops earliest to the ground.” — William Shakespeare
36. “All fruit grows through abiding, not striving.” — Bill Johnson
37. “There is no fruit which is not bitter before it is ripe.” — Publilius Syrus
38. “Even the bitterest fruit has sugar in it.” ― Terry O’Neal
39. “The fruit of your own hard work is the sweetest.” — Deepika Padukone
Fruit quotes for a healthy lifestyle
40. “Adopting a new healthier lifestyle can involve changing diet to include more fresh fruit and vegetables as well as increasing levels of exercise.” — Linford Christie
41. “To me, breakfast is my most important meal. It’s often the meal you play a game on. I make sure I have oatmeal, milk, and fruit. It’s the fuel you use to hopefully do your best, so eating right is a big part of being a professional athlete. I wish I paid more attention to it earlier in my life.” — Andrew Luck
42. “I feel better all day if I start off by eating healthy. Breakfast is simple: multigrain toast with natural peanut butter, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, or healthy cereal.” — Natalie Morales
43. “Berries are the healthiest fruit, offering potential protection against cancer and heart disease, boosting the immune system, and acting as a guard for the liver and brain.” — Michael Greger
44. “After a workout, you definitely have to have a protein shake. I drink my six-pound whey protein all the time, too. I throw some fruit in there – strawberries, blueberries – with some peanut butter and banana, and it gives you all the recovery you need from a hard day of lifting and running.” — Rob Gronkowski
45. “My diet is mostly chicken and fish. I make sure I get a lot of vegetables, a lot of fruit. I am a big fruit man; I am a vegetable man, anyway. And I also get a lot of rest. That’s the key: I may be up early, but I’m in bed early too.” — Magic Johnson
46. “Apples, grapes… any kind of fruit gives me the energy I need to get through my busy day.” — Kristin Chenoweth
47. “I eat vegetarian at home, so I always have yogurt and milk, eggs, whole wheat bread, whole grains. Lots of vegetables and fruit. Cereals and oatmeal. That type of thing.” — Maye Musk
48. “Sometimes you’ve just got to grab an apple – or grapes, or strawberries. Something that’s healthy but maybe a little bit more adventurous, if you can see fruit as adventurous.” — LL Cool J
49. “During difficult times, it’s best to cut down on sweets like cookies, cake, and candy. Satisfy your sweet tooth with fruit to help prevent blood sugar dips and spikes.” — Karen Salmansohn
50. “A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit, and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?” — Albert Einstein
Which of these fruit quotes is your favorite?
Eating fruit is good for our bodies for a few reasons. They are packed with vitamins and minerals, and high in fiber. They also have antioxidants and flavonoids. A diet high in fruit can reduce the risks of developing cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and inflammation.
Are some fruits better than others? Berries and apples are the healthiest fruit choices, so that adage, “An apple a day, keeps the doctor away,” might hold some weight! Watermelon, oranges, and guava are great healthy fruit choices too. Adding lemon to your water can help prevent kidney stones.
So, next time you are craving something sweet and juicy, you can have that piece of fruit with no guilt. It only tastes bad for you! However, bananas are not a great choice if you are trying to eat low carb. Avocados and grapes are high in calories, too, but if you are going to consume some extra calories choose those over sweet snacks!
Let us know what your favorite fruit is in the comment section below! Don’t forget to also share with us any other inspirational fruit quotes and sayings you might have.
June 21, 2021 7:00 AM EST