Bridge Quotes to Encourage You to Make Connections
February 26, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These bridge quotes show our need for human connection and interaction with the world.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Research from Forbes shows that people with strong connections are more likely to survive long-term health challenges.
This explains why leaders need to encourage social connections among team members by sharing bridge quotes that emphasize the value of investing in relationships.
Bridges are inherently symbolic.
It appeals to our human nature to seek connection and union.
In ancient times, we depicted bridges in a much deeper way.
We interpreted bridges as a connection between heaven and earth or two distinct realms.
For some, this can be seen as a connection between God and Man.
Movies, books, and pop culture use the bridge to emphasize something built to make a connection or relation.
Whether it is intimate or poetic in nature, we simply love the idea of crossing between the gaps and uniting with someone or something, as seen in the following bridge quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these river quotes that apply to life and going with the flow.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Inspirational bridge quotes and sayings
According to a study by the Harvard Business Review, people with diverse and extensive networks are more successful and innovative.
Emphasize the importance of building a network of diverse connections, and share bridge quotes to encourage others to maintain and expand their relationships.
1. “Passion is the bridge that takes you from pain to change.” – Frida Kahlo
You will also enjoy our article on sunset quotes.
2. “Philosophy can’t build bridges, but can encourage people to cross them.” – Paulo Coelho
You will also enjoy our article on The Boys quotes.
3. “Love is the bridge between you and everything.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on letting go quotes.
4. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
You will also enjoy our article on engagement quotes.
5. “Let’s build bridges, not walls.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on words of wisdom.
6. “Your mind and habits will create either barriers or bridges to a better future” – Al Siebert
You will also enjoy our article on discipline quotes.
7. “Love is the bridge that joins all the worlds together.” – Frederick Lenz
You will also enjoy our article on achievement quotes.
8. “Education is all a matter of building bridges.” – Ralph Ellison
You will also enjoy our article on beautiful smile quotes.
9. “I demolish my bridges behind me – then there is no choice but forward.” – Fridtjof Nansen
You will also enjoy our article on drive and determination quotes.
10. “Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge.” – Don Henly
Crossing bridge quotes about Connections
According to a report by LinkedIn, “85% of jobs are filled through networking.
Emphasize the importance of building a professional network and share bridge quotes encouraging colleagues to cultivate relationships with colleagues, mentors, and industry peers.
11. “Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach.” – Earl Nightingale
12. “Rather than focusing on the obstacle in your path, focus on the bridge over the obstacle.” – Mary Lou Retton
13. “Knowledge of other people’s beliefs and ways of thinking must be used to build bridges, not to create conflicts.” – Kjell Magne Bondevik
14. “Some bridges are so beautiful that we wish them to be our own home!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on life lessons.
15. “Effort and hard work construct the bridge that connects your dreams to reality.” – Daisaku Ikeda
You will also enjoy our article on Rumi quotes.
16. “Never to forget where we came from and always praise the bridges that carried us over.” – Fannie Lou Hamer
You will also enjoy our article on its a wonderful life quotes.
17. “Men build too many walls and not enough bridges.” – Joseph Fort Newton
You will also enjoy our article on Arthur Morgan quotes.
18. “All those who are around me are the bridge to my success, so they are all important.” – Manny Pacquiao
You will also enjoy our article on road quotes.
19. “The time for the healing of the wounds has come. The moment to bridge the chasms that divide us has come. The time to build is upon us.” – Nelson Mandela
20. “Silence does for thinking what a suspension bridge does for space — it makes connections.” – E. L. Konigsburg
Positive bridge Quotes about relationship and friendship
21. “Go to the truth beyond the mind. Love is the bridge.” – Stephen Levine
22. “If you want to be a bridge of hope to the world, you’ve got to allow yourself to be walked on.” –Tommy Barnett
23. “If you hug to yourself any resentment against anybody else, you destroy the bridge by which God would come to you.” – Peter Marshall
24. “Build a bridge by extending your hand.” – Ken Poirot
25. “A bridge is a meeting place . . . a possibility, a metaphor.” – Jeanette Winterson
26. “Those who cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they themselves must pass.” –Confucius
27. “In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.” – Alex Haley
28. “Bridges are happy, because they do not judge those who come to them.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
29. “If you are good at building bridges, you will never fall into the abyss!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
30. “Hopefully, we can build bridges, but we also have to draw lines.” – Fred Thompson
Bridge quotes and captions about ideals
31. “The bridge between reality and a dream is work.” – Jared Leto
32. “Hope meets you halfway on a bridge called faith.” – Bryant H. McGill
33. “The wisdom of bridges comes from the fact that they know both sides, they know both shores!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
34. “Build bridges of insight through empathy, see the world through the eyes of others, understand the world through their experiences, and feel the world through their emotions.” – Tim Brown
35. “Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build bridges even when there are no rivers.” –Nikita Khrushchev
36. “We have a long way to go before we are able to hear the voices of everyone on earth, but I believe that providing voices and building bridges is essential for the World Peace we all wish for.” – Joichi Ito
37. “The wise man bridges the gap by laying out the path by means of which he can get from where he is to where he wants to go.” – J. P. Morgan
38. “The biggest emotion in creation is the bridge to optimism.” – Brian May
39. “There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning.” – Thornton Wilder
40. “Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom.” – Phyllis Grissim-Theroux
Bridge quotes about new chapter of life
41. “It is not good to cross the bridge before you get to it.” – Judi Dench
42. “Keep all special thoughts and memories for lifetimes to come. Share these keepsakes with others to inspire hope and build from the past, which can bridge to the future.” – Mattie Stepanek
43. “Man, like the bridge, was designed to carry the load of the moment, not the combined weight of a year at once.” – William Arthur Ward
44. “Sometimes, if you aren’t sure about something, you just have to jump off the bridge and grow your wings on the way down.” – Danielle Steel
45. “Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.” – A. A. Milne
46. “The fate of the bridges is to be lonely; because bridges are to cross not to stay!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
47. “One if the hardest things in life to learn are which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.” –Oprah Winfrey
48. “The grave itself is but a covered bridge, leading from light to light, through a brief darkness!” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
49. “When one burns one’s bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.” – Dylan Thomas
50. “Run as far as you can in the direction of your best and happiest dreams across the bridge that was built by your own desire to heal.” – Cheryl Strayed
Other famous bridge quotes
51. “Yes, burn your bridges.” – Bette Davis
52. “May the bridges I burn light the way.” – Unknown
53. “Building walls, burning bridges.” – Roger Zea
54. “Don’t burn a bridge and then expect me to send a boat.” – Unknown
55. “It’s not your responsibility to repair bridges someone else burned.” – Unknown
56. “Having a bridge means to reconnect and built new friendship and new stories.” – Ismar Kafti
57. “Burning one’s bridges is never a good thing.” – Katherine Hall Page
58. “The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross and which to burn.” – David Russell
59. “The only way you can write is by the light of the bridges burning behind you.” – Richard Peck
60. “I’ve been burning bridges all day, I think I’ll just knock this one down.” – Chris Soares
Bridge quotes to unite people
61. “I want to be the bridge to the next generation.” -MIchael Jordan
62. “I like to see myself as a bridge builder, that is me building bridges between people, between races, between cultures, between politics, trying to find common ground.” -T.D. Jakes
63. “We of the modern age are a bridge between the old human and the new one. We still have the mentality of the old human – a slave mentality, like the Children of Israel in Egypt: too controlled, full of fear.” -Bernard Werber
64. “I learned that a long walk and calm conversation are an incredible combination if you want to build a bridge.” -Seth Godin
65. “I see a curator as a catalyst, generator and motivator – a sparring partner, accompanying the artist while they build a show, and a bridge builder, creating a bridge to the public.” -Hans-Ulrich Obrist
66. “Jesus is the only way because the Bible says it to be true. Why? Because only He can bridge the gap between God and man; there’s no other way.” -Norman Geisler
67. “It’s a wonderful feeling being a bridge to the past and unite generations.” -Vin Scully
68. “Legolas in ‘Lord Of The Rings’ was sent as a bridge from his people into the world of dwarves and humans and wizards and everything else.” -Orlando Bloom
69. “The arts bridge cultures; they’re good for the economy, and they’re good for fostering empathy and decency.” -Julie Andrews
70. “The sharing of joy, whether physical, emotional, psychic, or intellectual, forms a bridge between the sharers which can be the basis for understanding much of what is not shared between them, and lessens the threat of their difference.” -Audre Lorde
Bridge Quotes That Connects You To Your Heart Desires
71. “Life is the art of finding or building a bridge with great determination every time you come across a precipice!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
72. “I believe in communication; books communicate ideas and make bridges between people.” ― Jeanette Winterson
73. “Faith builds the bridge from this old world to the new.” ― Neil Young
74. “I am convinced that music, like philanthropy, bridges hope.” ― Ricky Martin
75. “For so many centuries, the exchange of gifts has held us together. It has made it possible to bridge the abyss where language struggles.” ― Barry Lopez
76. “Prayer is the bridge over which the Kingdom of God comes to the earth.” ― Rich Nathan
77. “I have always viewed my role as a sort of ambassador or bridge between groups to help provide a dialog.” ― Joichi Ito
78. “Religion is a bridge to the spiritual, but the spiritual lies beyond religion.” ― Rachel Naomi Remen
79. “We will burn that bridge when we come to it.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
80. “Also, if I did join another show, I’d end up burning my bridges to the show I love most.” ― Michael Storm
Bridge Quotes To Achieve The Impossible
81. “Love is the only force that can erase the differences between people or bridge the chasms of bitterness.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
82. “Life is the love that reaches out, building bridges across gulfs of uncertainty to touch hands, hearts, and souls in the experience of union.” — Peter Seymour
83. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” — Maya Angelou
84. “Never burn your bridges till you come to them.” — Clayton Rawson
85. “Gratitude builds a bridge to abundance.” — Roy T. Bennett
86. “Listen first. Give your opponents a chance to talk. Let them finish. Do not resist, defend or debate. This only raises barriers. Try to build bridges of understanding.” — Dale Carnegie
87. “Pride builds walls between people, humility builds bridges.” — Rick Warren
88. “Breath is the bridge which connects life to consciousness, which unites your body to your thoughts. Whenever your mind becomes scattered, use your breath as the means to take hold of your mind again.” — Nhat Hanh
89. “Words were power, words tried to change you, to shape bridges of longing that no one could ever really cross.” — Guy Gavriel Kay
90. “Love creates bridges where it would seem they were impossible.” — Paulo Coelho
Bridge Quotes To Connect With Your Destiny
91. “If you want to cross a bridge that is likely to collapse, you will be disregarding not only your life but also the life of the bridge!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
92. “Don’t burn your bridges until you build better ones.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
93. “Don’t blame your challenge, rather get up and see it as a bridge to your success.” ― Bruce Mbanzabugabo
94. “All bridges are made from love.” ― Bert McCoy
95. “Wisdom is not a destination, wisdom is just a bridge. It takes you from a misty world and takes you to a sunny world where you can see everything clearly!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
96. “Love is the bridge that all friends must walk on.” ― Mwanandeke Kindembo
97. “Never set fire to a bridge while you are still crossing it.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
98. “When you build bridges you can keep crossing them.” ― Rick Pitino
99. “We grow stronger with every bridge we cross.” ― Bert McCoy
100. “The longer you remain distant, the deeper, wider, and darker the chasm becomes making it all the more difficult to bridge.” ― Ken Poirot
Bridge Quotes To Rejuvenate You In Life
101. “Bridges symbolize change and flexibility! They show us this simple philosophy: When you are on one side, you can easily move to the other side!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
102. “You cannot have the right to cross a bridge without respecting it! You cannot have the right to use the things without respecting them!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
103. “The easiest way to leave this world without leaving this world is to stand in the middle of a bridge and watch the surroundings!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
104. “Great teachers show their students how to build bridges.” ― Bert McCoy
105. “Crossing over a bridge never takes as long as one might think.” ― Bert McCoy
106. “When you cross a bridge, you take a break from this world!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
107. “No precipice can challenge you if you have the ability to build bridges over any kind of precipice!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
108. “Because life has many deep valleys and bottomless precipices, you will always need high bridges and resolution is the highest bridge you can ever have!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
109. “The heaven and the hell without the angels is like the right and the wrong without the bridges.” ― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
110. “You have to cross many bridges and you have to walk many paths in your life! But what is more important than this is to know which bridges you should not cross and which paths you must not walk!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
What did you learn from these bridge quotes?
Bridges are meant to be crossed and serve as a way for people to connect and unite.
No matter how harsh the terrain or fragile the structure is, a bridge will always be a bridge.
It will always serve its purpose to find some connection to your destination.
Some bridges may have to burn down and be left to be forgotten, but you will always find a new path to your destination, and sometimes it is even better than before.
The bridge quotes above reflect how we long for connection and ways to understand others and be understood.
Choose the bridges you want to cross or build one for yourself just like these bridge quotes and sayings tried to connect with you.