These bridge quotes show our need for human connection and interaction with the world.
Bridges are inherently symbolic. It appeals to our human nature to seek connection and union. In ancient times, we depicted bridges in a much deeper way. We interpreted bridges as a connection between heaven and earth or two distinct realms. For some, this can be seen as a connection between God and Man.
Movies, books, and pop culture use the bridge to emphasize something built to make a connection or relation.
Whether it is intimate or poetic in nature, we simply love the idea of crossing between the gaps and uniting with someone or something, as seen in the following bridge quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these river quotes that apply to life and going with the flow.
Inspirational bridge quotes and sayings
1. “Passion is the bridge that takes you from pain to change.” – Frida Kahlo
2. “Rather than focusing on the obstacle in your path, focus on the bridge over the obstacle.” – Mary Lou Retton
3. “Love is the bridge between you and everything.” – Rumi
4. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
5. “Effort and hard work construct the bridge that connects your dreams to reality.” – Daisaku Ikeda
6. “Your mind and habits will create either barriers or bridges to a better future” – Al Siebert
7. “Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach.” – Earl Nightingale
8. “Education is all a matter of building bridges.” – Ralph Ellison
9. “I demolish my bridges behind me – then there is no choice but forward.” – Fridtjof Nansen
10. “Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge.” – Don Henly
Crossing bridge quotes about Connections
11. “Love is the bridge that joins all the worlds together.” – Frederick Lenz
12. “Philosophy can’t build bridges, but can encourage people to cross them.” – Paulo Coelho
13. “Knowledge of other people’s beliefs and ways of thinking must be used to build bridges, not to create conflicts.” – Kjell Magne Bondevik
14. “Some bridges are so beautiful that we wish them to be our own home!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
15. “Let’s build bridges, not walls.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
16. “Never to forget where we came from and always praise the bridges that carried us over.” – Fannie Lou Hamer
17. “Men build too many walls and not enough bridges.” – Joseph Fort Newton
18. “All those who are around me are the bridge to my success, so they are all important.” – Manny Pacquiao
19. “The time for the healing of the wounds has come. The moment to bridge the chasms that divide us has come. The time to build is upon us.” – Nelson Mandela
20. “Silence does for thinking what a suspension bridge does for space — it makes connections.” – E. L. Konigsburg
Positive bridge Quotes about relationship and friendship
21. “Go to the truth beyond the mind. Love is the bridge.” – Stephen Levine
22. “If you want to be a bridge of hope to the world, you’ve got to allow yourself to be walked on.” –Tommy Barnett
23. “If you hug to yourself any resentment against anybody else, you destroy the bridge by which God would come to you.” – Peter Marshall
24. “Build a bridge by extending your hand.” – Ken Poirot
25. “A bridge is a meeting place . . . a possibility, a metaphor.” – Jeanette Winterson
26. “Those who cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they themselves must pass.” –Confucius
27. “In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.” – Alex Haley
28. “Bridges are happy, because they do not judge those who come to them.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
29. “If you are good at building bridges, you will never fall into the abyss!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
30. “Hopefully, we can build bridges, but we also have to draw lines.” – Fred Thompson
Bridge quotes and captions about ideals
31. “The bridge between reality and a dream is work.” – Jared Leto
32. “Hope meets you halfway on a bridge called faith.” – Bryant H. McGill
33. “The wisdom of bridges comes from the fact that they know both sides, they know both shores!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
34. “Build bridges of insight through empathy, see the world through the eyes of others, understand the world through their experiences, and feel the world through their emotions.” – Tim Brown
35. “Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build bridges even when there are no rivers.” –Nikita Khrushchev
36. “We have a long way to go before we are able to hear the voices of everyone on earth, but I believe that providing voices and building bridges is essential for the World Peace we all wish for.” – Joichi Ito
37. “The wise man bridges the gap by laying out the path by means of which he can get from where he is to where he wants to go.” – J. P. Morgan
38. “The biggest emotion in creation is the bridge to optimism.” – Brian May
39. “There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning.” – Thornton Wilder
40. “Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom.” – Phyllis Grissim-Theroux
Bridge quotes about new chapter of life
41. “It is not good to cross the bridge before you get to it.” – Judi Dench
42. “Keep all special thoughts and memories for lifetimes to come. Share these keepsakes with others to inspire hope and build from the past, which can bridge to the future.” – Mattie Stepanek
43. “Man, like the bridge, was designed to carry the load of the moment, not the combined weight of a year at once.” – William Arthur Ward
44. “Sometimes, if you aren’t sure about something, you just have to jump off the bridge and grow your wings on the way down.” – Danielle Steel
45. “Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.” – A. A. Milne
46. “The fate of the bridges is to be lonely; because bridges are to cross not to stay!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
47. “One if the hardest things in life to learn are which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.” –Oprah Winfrey
48. “The grave itself is but a covered bridge, leading from light to light, through a brief darkness!” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
49. “When one burns one’s bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.” – Dylan Thomas
50. “Run as far as you can in the direction of your best and happiest dreams across the bridge that was built by your own desire to heal.” – Cheryl Strayed
What did you learn from these bridge quotes?
Bridges are meant to be crossed and serve as a way for people to connect and unite. No matter how harsh the terrain or fragile the structure is, a bridge will always be a bridge. It will always serve its purpose to find some connection to your destination.
Some bridges may have to burn down and be left to be forgotten, but you will always find a new path to your destination, and sometimes it is even better than before.
The bridge quotes above reflect how we long for connection and ways to understand others and be understood.
Choose the bridges you want to cross or build one for yourself just like these bridge quotes and sayings tried to connect with you.
July 23, 2021 7:00 AM EST