300+ New Beginning Quotes about Starting Fresh
February 22, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Read through this curated list of quotes about new beginnings to help find the language to get you started.
Let us know which one inspired you the most in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
In a survey conducted by YouGov, 43% of respondents said they have made a significant change in their life in the past year, indicating a desire for new beginnings and personal growth.
Therefore, many people are actively seeking to make positive changes in their lives and may be looking for guidance and support as they embark on new journeys.
What are the benefits of reading these new beginning quotes?
One popular question people ask is, “How do I start a new beginning?”
These new beginning quotes will help you:
- Answer several questions before you start your new adventure
- Get inspired to take the risk needed to take your life to the next level
- Gain a new perspective about change, fear, and failure
Most times, we’ve never done what we are currently trying to do.
Change is normal but can be inherently challenging.
New beginnings and fresh starts are always scary.
Put the fear aside
If your mind is telling you it’s time to start fresh, you might need to listen to the voice.
The fear is normal.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Quotes about new beginnings and starting fresh
According to a study published in the Journal of Consumer Psychology, people are more likely to pursue new goals and aspirations when they perceive their current self as disconnected from their past.
This suggests that quotes about new beginnings, which often emphasize the idea of leaving the past behind and moving forward, may be particularly effective in motivating people to pursue change.
1. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” —Seneca
You will also enjoy our article on morning quotes.
2. “No one can ever take your memories from you – each day is a new beginning, make good memories every day.” – Catherine Pulsifer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of memory quotes that will help remind you how far you’ve come and motivate you to keep moving forward.
You will also enjoy our article on first day of school quotes.
3. “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on letting go quotes.
4. “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
You will also enjoy our article on new friends quotes.
5. “It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
You will also enjoy our article on future quotes.
6. “There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth… not going all the way, and not starting.” – Buddha
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
7. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
You will also enjoy our article on new job quotes.
8. “No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!” — C. JoyBell C.
You will also enjoy our article on positive thinking quotes.
9. “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about possibility.
10. “No river can return to its source, yet all rivers must have a beginning.” – American Indian Proverb
Also, check out these motivational January quotes about renewal.
Quotes about new beginnings and change.
According to a report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average person changes jobs around 12 times during their career,
The report suggests that new beginnings and transitions are a common part of many people’s professional lives.
11. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” —Guy Finley
You will also enjoy our article on break-up quotes.
12. “I discovered that a fresh start is a process. A fresh start is a journey – a journey that requires a plan.” – Vivian Jokotade
We also have a collection of moving quotes, as well as these quotes about butterflies that will show you just how powerful a transformation can be. Be sure to check that as well.
13. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse
You will also enjoy our article on waiting quotes.
14. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
You will also enjoy our article on Living in the Moment Quotes.
15. “Nourish beginnings, let us nourish beginnings. Not all things are blest, but the seeds of all things are blest. The blessing is in the seed.” – Muriel Rukeyser
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these domestic violence quotes for support and strength.
16. “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” – Meister Eckhart
You will also enjoy our article on home quotes.
17. “You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” — Barbara Shur
You will also enjoy our article on Wednesday quotes.
18. “There will come a time when you believe everything is finished; that will be the beginning.” – Louis L’Amour
You will also enjoy our article on welcome quotes.
19. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” — Mandy Hale
You will also enjoy our article on walking quotes.
20. “Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.” — Jim Rohn
Don’t forget to also read these insightful misery loves company quotes to help you move forward.
Quotes about new beginnings to inspire and teach
21. “Each day is a new beginning, the chance to do with it what should be done and not to be seen as simply another day to put in time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
You will also enjoy our article on being single quotes.
22. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” —T.S. Eliot
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on change growth.
23. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” — Oprah Winfrey
You will also enjoy our article on experience quotes.
24. “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.” —Jeffrey McDaniel
You will also enjoy our article on transformation quotes.
25. “The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.” – Steve Jobs
You will also enjoy our article on life changing quotes.
26. “Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose – not the one you began with perhaps, but one you’ll be glad to remember.” – Anne Sullivan
You will also enjoy our article on meme quotes.
27. “Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston Churchill
You will also enjoy our article on past quotes.
28. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – C. S. Lewis
You will also enjoy our article on movement quotes.
29. “Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.” – Dale Turner
You will also enjoy our article on time quotes.
30. “Nothing is predestined. The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.” – Ralph Blum
Also, read these walk away quotes and sayings for when it’s time to let go.
New beginnings quotes to help you erase the past
31. “Let’s forget the baggage of the past and make a new beginning.” – Shahbaz Sharif
32. “Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning.” – Desmond Tutu
You will also enjoy our article on home alone quotes.
33. “Every day is a chance to begin again. Don’t focus on the failures of yesterday, start today with positive thoughts and expectations.” – Catherine Pulsifer
You will also enjoy our article on moving forward quotes.
34. “Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can, and you’ll get to where God wants you to be.” – Joel Osteen
You will also enjoy our article on evolve quotes.
35. “No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again.” – Buddha
You will also enjoy our article on vacation quotes.
36. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” — Billie Jean King
You will also enjoy our article on Lao Tzu quotes.
37. “Celebrate endings – for they precede new beginnings.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
You will also enjoy our article on separation quotes.
38. “Begin today. Declare out loud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
39. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” — Robin Sharma
40. “Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.” – Marsha Petrie Sue
You will also enjoy our article on courage quotes.
Inspirational quotes about new beginnings
41. “Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful.” – Prince
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blessed quotes to help you identify the blessings in your life.
42. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” – J.P. Morgan
You will also enjoy our article on fear quotes.
43. “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.” – Alan Cohen
44. “Let us make each day our birthday – every morning life is new, with the splendors of the sunrise, and the baptism of the dew.” – S.A.R
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of morning inspirational quotes to help you get your day started.
45. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
You will also enjoy our article on alan watts quotes.
46. “One can begin so many things with a new person – even begin to be a better man.” – George Eliot
You will also enjoy our article on chinese proverbs.
47. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” — Nido Qubein
48. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”—George Bernard Shaw
49. “Life is about change, sometimes it’s painful, sometimes it’s beautiful, but most of the time it’s both.” — Kristin Kreuk
50. “Every day is a fresh beginning, Every morn is the world made new.” – Sarah Chauncey Woolsey
You might also like these second chances quotes that will inspire you to take life by the horns.
Quotes about new beginnings to broaden your thoughts
51. “Much as we may wish to make a new beginning, some part of us resists doing so as though we were making the first step toward disaster.” – William Throsby Bridges
52. “Realize that if a door closed, it’s because what was behind it wasn’t meant for you.” ― Mandy Hale
53. “Rather than turning the page, it’s much easier to just throw the book away.” ― Anthony Liccione
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of book quotes about the power of reading from your favorite authors.
54. “Perhaps that is where our choice lies — in determining how we will meet the inevitable end of things, and how we will greet each new beginning.” ― Elana K. Arnold
55. “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” ― Germany Kent
56. “It turned out that sometimes it’s enough to start doing things differently now.” ― Laini Taylor
57. “Sometimes we can only find our true direction when we let the wind of change carry us” ― Mimi Novic
58. “We look at the coming of a new beginning like we look at the coming of babies we never considered aborting. Hopeful.” ― Darnell Lamont Walker
59. “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.”― Josiyah Martin
60. “To greet a lovely morning, we must leave the night behind.” ― Tarang Sinha
You will also enjoy our article on Arthur Morgan quotes.
Quotes about new beginnings to make you better
61. “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”― L.M. Montgomery
62. “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset. Every sunrise begins with new eyes.”― Richie Norton
63. “As long as I am breathing, in my eyes, I am just beginning.”― Criss Jami, Killosophy
64. “The direction you choose to face determines whether you’re standing at the end or the beginning of a road.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
65. “The struggles we endure today will be the ‘good old days’ we laugh about tomorrow.”― Aaron Lauritsen
66. “Infinity is the end. End without infinity is but a new beginning.” – Dejan Stojanovic
67. “Beginnings could happen more than once or in different ways.”― Rachel Joyce
68. “The greatest of all capabilities of a human being is to become born again.”― J.R. Rim
69. “He knows he will be born again, and start fresh anew.”― Dejan Stojanovic
70. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” —Joseph Campbell
Also, check out these new month quotes that inspire new beginnings.
Inspirational quotes about new beginnings
71. “The beginning is always today.”― Mary Shelley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of short quotes that can make a big difference in your life.
72. “You’ve got a chance to start out all over again. A new place, new people, new sights. A clean slate. See, you can be anything you want with a fresh start.”― Annie Proulx
73. “Right at the end of the road, a new way will be revealed.” ― Hiral Nagda
74. “We want a fresh start only because we didn’t sufficiently care for the last fresh start.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
75. “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.”― Juansen Dizon
76. “The future begins today.”― Wayne Gerard Trotman
77. “I want every day to be a fresh start on expanding what is possible.”― Oprah Winfrey
78. “Never restart a journey and use the same road that failed you before.” ― Dennis E. Adonis
79. “There is always an opportunity to start again and again, if the old ways are not working last year, look for better ways of doing it in the new year and start again afresh.”― Bamigboye Olurotimi
80. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” —Lao Tzu
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of renewal quotes to help you through hard times.
You will also enjoy our article on Buddha quotes.
New beginning quotes to help you start afresh
81. “The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
82. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C. S. Lewis
83. “A Sunrise is God’s way of saying, “Let’s start again.” – Todd Stocker
84. “Recreate your life, always, always. Remove the stones, plant rose bushes and make sweets.Begin again.” – Cora Coralina
85. “I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.” – J. B. Priestly
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of magic quotes about the power of the unseen.
86. “If I must start somewhere, right here and now is the best place imaginable.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
87. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Dolly Parton quotes from the iconic actress.
88. “Sometimes the best thing we can ask for is change, and a fresh start forces us to confront change head-on.” — Natalya Neidhart
89. “Never forget, Today, you have 100% of your life left.” – Tom Hopkins
90. “Oh, my friend, it’s not what they take away from you that counts. It’s what you do with what you have left.” – Hubert Humphrey
Don’t forget to also read these road quotes and sayings to contemplate on your journey.
New beginnings quotes to enlighten you
91. “True mastery of a skill was only the beginning step to understanding it.” – Yoda
92. “Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.” – John Dewey
93. “When you reach the end of what you should know, you will be at the beginning of what you should sense.” – Kahlil Gibran
94. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language And next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
95. “Our life is an apprenticeship to the truth that around every circle another can be drawn; that there is no end in nature, but every end is a beginning, and under every deep a lower deep opens.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
96. “If God closes a door AND a window, consider the fact that it might be time to build a whole new house.” – Mandy Hale
97. “The fear of failure is a common motivation killer. People don’t try something new because they fear they will fail at it.” – Cary Bergeron
98. “There are some things one can only achieve by a deliberate leap in the opposite direction.” – Franz Kafka (see more Franz Kafka quotes)
99. “If you wish to be happy right from the beginning of your day, then it is about time to leave behind your past.” – Lorin Hopper
100. “It’s humbling to start fresh. It takes a lot of courage. But it can be reinvigorating. You just have to put your ego on a shelf & tell it to be quiet.” – Jennifer Ritchie Payette
You will also enjoy our article on Sun Tzu quotes.
New beginning quotes that will make your day
101. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” ― Steve Maraboli
102. “Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don’t be afraid to take that first step.” – Muhammad Ali
103. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho
104. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” – Steve Maraboli
105. “Everything begins at the beginning, and quite often the beginning begins when you shift your mind in a new direction.” – Louie Herron
106. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
107. “If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.” – Amit Ray
108. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Golda Meir
109. “The splendid thing about falling apart silently…is that you can start over as many times as you like.” – Sanober Khan
110. “The hardest part is starting. Once you get that out of the way, you’ll find the rest of the journey much easier.”— Simon Sinek
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these new month quotes that inspire new beginnings.
Insightful quotes about new beginnings
111. “It’s in those quiet little towns, at the edge of the world, that you will find the salt of the earth people who make you feel right at home.”― Aaron Lauritsen
112. ‘”But plants grow again,” She murmured, focusing on the verdant beauty around her. “They put down new roots, create room for themselves in foreign soil.”’ ― Nalini Singh, Archangel’s Consort
113. “Hit the reset button. Whatever happened yesterday, forget about it. Get a new perspective. Today is a new day. Fresh start, begins now.”― Germany Kent
114. ‘That morning he feels fresh-scrubbed and cleansed, as if he is being given yet another opportunity to live his life correctly.’― Hanya Yanagihara, A Little Life
115. “Everybody has a geography that can be used for change that is why we travel to far off places. Whether we know it or not we need to renew ourselves in territories that are fresh and wild. We need to come home through the body of alien lands.”― Joan Halifax
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of travel quotes about the power of seeing the world.
116. ‘When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.’― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore
117. “A fresh approach is needed — an analysis of our human situation from a basis that recognises and confronts the psychological dimension to our behaviour.” ― Jeremy Griffith
118. “The present changes the past. Looking back you do not find what you left behind.”― Kiran Desai
119. “But here’s the thing: The something new, it isn’t necessarily bad. In fact, in some ways, maybe it’s better.”― Nick Lake
120. “Set fire to the broken pieces; start anew.”― Lauren DeStefano
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these break up quotes that will help you overcome the pain of separation.
New beginnings quotes to inspire and teach
121. “A time comes when you need to stop waiting for the man you want to become and start being the man you want to be.” – Bruce Springsteen
122. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
123. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
124. “If all you can do is crawl, start crawling.” – Rumi
125. “Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently.” – Catherine Pulsifer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of opportunity quotes about making the most of a situation.
126. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”- St. Francis of Assisi
127. “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.”― Roy T. Bennett
128. “Sometimes painful endings bring the best new beginnings.”- Shae Ross
129. “Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you.”
— Steve Maraboli
130. “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.”- Jack Kornfield
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about change.
Quotes about new beginnings and moving forward
131. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
132. “Failure lies not in falling down. Failure lies in not getting up.” – Chinese Proverb
133. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
134. “The sun is a daily reminder that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light.”– S. Ajna
135. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
136. “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
137. “Never feel guilty for starting again.” – Rupi Kaur
138. “There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.” – Zayn Malik
139. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
140. “You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself.” — Mandy Hale
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of fresh start tweets to motivate you this year.
Quotes about new beginnings and progressing
141. “Have enough courage to start and enough heart to finish.” – Jessica S. Yourko
142. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.”― Philip Pullman
143. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
144. “Rock bottom is the end of what wasn’t true enough. Begin again and build something Truer.” —Glennon Doyle
145. “The scariest moment is always just before you start.” – Stephen King
146. “You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So get on your way!” —Dr. Seuss
147. “It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J. K. Rowling
148. “With every roadblock, a detour is built. With every ending, a new beginning is defined. Embracing a challenge makes life interesting, but overcoming it makes life meaningful.” – Matthew E. Fryer
149. “What is not started today is never finished tomorrow.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
150. “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.” – Dan Brown
New beginnings quotes for a new chapter
151. “There are as many worlds as there are kinds of days, and as an opal changes its colors and its fire to match the nature of a day, so do I.”― John Steinbeck
152. “We have plenty of tomorrows to compensate for the wrongs made yesterday.”― Efrat Cybulkiewicz
153. “And there’s always a way to begin with.”― Autumn Doughton
154. “New beginnings. They bring with them all sorts of expectations, emotions, and challenges. Myself, I have always cherished those times; if we allow them to, they can be opportunities for the future.”― Chaker Khazaal
155. “From the end spring new beginnings.”― Pliny the Elder
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of spring quotes, celebrating the new season.
156. “New beginnings always start in the here-and-now.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
157. “The darkest hours bring the most light.”― Dominic Riccitello
158. “It is not the failure that holds us back but the reluctance to begin over again that causes us to stagnate.”― Clarissa Pinkola Estés
159. “Sunrise and sunset are beautiful moments but you can’t hold them. Let things move. There will be more sunrises and sunsets.”― Shunya
160. “Destinations are endpoints. Journeys are learnings, paths of possibilities, blossoming… fresh beginnings.”― Rasheed Ogunlaru
Inspiring quotes about new beginnings
161. “Convince yourself everyday that you are worthy of a good life. Let go of stress, breathe. Stay positive, all is well.”― Germany Kent
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of soothing breathe quotes to help you relax.
162. “A new canvas can always make me feel good inside.”― Billy-Dean Gonzalez
163. “Forget everything you’ve done. Start over.”― Marty Rubin
164. “A new beginning is a blank canvas ready and thirsty for paint. For many though, fear and worry come along with it.”― Chaker Khazaal
165. “There is always a new beginning…Doors are unlimited, always open, if one closes and that moment the other opens..”― Vandana Agarwal
166. “If something great is going to happen in your tomorrow, there are certain things that need to end today.”― Sope Agbelusi
167. “Where life comes to an end, more should begin.”― A.D. Aliwat
168. “A new dawn always breaks after darkness, but only those who have survived the night live to see it.”― Tristan Roulot
169. “You start whenever you decide to start.”― Elizabeth Gilbert
170. “The thrill of new beginnings is immensely alluring!”― Avijeet Das
New beginning quotes for starting afresh in life
171. “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” —Maya Angelou
172. “All great changes are preceded by chaos.” —Deepak Chopra
173. “Whatever wrong turns you’ve taken in life, you can always start over and find your way back to happiness.” ―Marty Rubin
174. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.” —Steve Jobs
175. “No one is ever a victim of life; we are all volunteering to grow.” ―Shannon L. Alder
176. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited about what could go right.” —Tony Robbins
177. “Every day is a new opportunity to begin again. Every day is your birthday.” —Dalai Lama
178. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” —Oprah Winfrey
179. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
180. “Whatever you do or dream you can do – begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
New beginnings quotes about starting anew
181. “A new day: Be open enough to see opportunities. Be wise enough to be grateful. Be courageous enough to be happy.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
182. “The most important thing to remember is this: To be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become.” —WEB Du Bois
183. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
184. “Don’t worry if you committed a mistake. Some of the most beautiful things we have in life come from our mistakes.”– Surgeo Bell
185. “You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” —Toni Morrison
186. “Spring is proof that there is beauty in new beginnings.”– Matshona Dhliwayo
187. “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.”- Robert H. Schuller
188. “Instead of saying, “I’m damaged, I’m broken, I have trust issues,” say “I’m healing, I’m rediscovering myself, I’m starting over.”– Horacio Jones
189. “Let your first success be just a beginning. Let your dreams chase you.” – Amit Ahlawat
190. “No brooding over old worries. Let’s start a new series. Forget about all the negatives. Think of new possibilities.”– Shon Mehta
Quotes about new beginnings to inspire you on your journey
191. “The visionary starts with a clean sheet of paper, and re-imagines the world.” – Malcolm Gladwell
192. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
193. “I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me.” – A.G.
194. “Today is a new day. Even if you were wrong yesterday, you can get it right today.” ― Dwight Howard
195. “You may delay, but time will not.” – Benjamin Franklin
196. “New beginnings bring new possibilities. A chance to this time get it right.” — Lynn M. McHale
197. “Every moment is a new beginning.” – Elie Wiesel
198. “Every morning is a chance at a new day.” — Marjorie Pay Hinckle
199. “You can start anew at any given moment. Life is just the passage of time and it’s up to you to pass it as you please.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
200. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” — Carrie Underwood
Quotes about new beginnings to inspire a fresh start
201. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.” – Maya Angelou
202. “Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it’s everything in between that makes it all worth living.” – Bob Marley
203. “And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
204. “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it.” – John Mayer
205. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis
206. “The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
207. “When setting out on a journey do not seek advice from someone who never left home.” – Rumi
208. “You have to get lost before you can be found.” – Jeff Rasley
209. “Big things have small beginnings.” – Prometheus
210. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
More quotes about new beginnings
211. “Morning will come, it has no choice.”― Marty Rubin
212. “We can choose to start with a clean slate in the here and now.”― Kaleb Kilton
213. “It is the dawn of a new day, and it is raining…dance in the rain, and forget your sorrows.”― Michael Bassey Johnson, ‘Song Of A Nature Lover’
214. “Every morning a new sun greets us and our new life begins.”― Marty Rubin
215. “Every day is a new beginning, because you can’t turn the clock back.”—Mel Gibson
216. “You may not be able to control what happens in life but you can control how you respond to it.”– Lisa Marie Husby
217. “You raze the old to raise the new.”― Justina Chen Headley, ‘North Of Beautiful’
218. “You got to be starting something too high to get over.”– Michael Jackson, ‘Wanna Be Starting Something’
219. “Life stands before me like an eternal spring with new and brilliant clothes.”― Carl Friedrich Gauss
220. “Once you understand the keys of success it’s not the end, it’s only the beginning.”– Walter Bond, Dr. Jessica Houston, Marcus Taylor
New beginning quotes to help you start a new path
221. “I see marriage as a new beginning in my life.” — Akhil Akkineni
222. “There is no point dwelling on the past because each day is a new beginning.” — Chunky Pandey
223. “One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.” — Sigmund Freud
224. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ― Rumi
225. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” — Gail Sheehy
226. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” —C.S. Lewis
227. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Dan Millman
228. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” — Alan Watts
229. “Don’t be afraid of new beginnings. Don’t shy away from new people, new energy, new surroundings. Embrace new chances at happiness.” — Billy Chapata
230. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” — J.K. Rowling
Quotes about new beginnings and starting a new journey in life
231. “Discontent is the first necessity of progress.” – Thomas Edison
232. “When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.” —Chinese proverb
233. “Making the beginning is one third of the work.” – Irish Proverb
234. “Every day the clock resets. Your wins don’t matter. Your failures don’t matter. Don’t stress on what was, fight for what could be.“ —Sean Higgins
235. “Let every dawn be to you as the beginning of life, and every setting sun be to you as its close.” – John Ruskin
236. “I can alter my life by altering my attitude. He who would have nothing to do with thorns must never attempt to gather flowers.” —Henry David Thoreau
237. “That last page turned is a perfect excuse to write a whole new book.” ―Toni Sorenson
238. “I am learning to trust the journey even when I do not understand it.” – Mila Bron
239. “Life is a progress, and not a station.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
240. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
New Beginnings quotes to help you progress forward in life
241. “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.”– Taylor Swift
242. “All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.” ― Mae West
243. “One of the best times for figuring out who you are & what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.” ― Mandy Hale
244. “A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew.” ― Aberjhani
245. “But there’s a beginning in an end, you know? It’s true that you can’t reclaim what you had, but you can lock it up behind you. Start fresh.” ― Alexandra Bracken
246. “When someone you love dies, you are given the gift of “second chances”. Their eulogy is a reminder that the living can turn their lives around at any point. You’re not bound by the past; that is who you used to be.” — Shannon L. Alder
247. “Your future doesn’t have to travel the same path with the same people. You can start over. You don’t have to apologize to people that won’t listen. You don’t have to justify your feelings or actions, during a difficult time in your life.” — Shannon L. Alder
248. “The chief beauty about time is that you cannot waste it in advance. The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you, as perfect, as unspoiled, as if you had never wasted or misapplied a single moment in all your life. You can turn over a new leaf every hour if you choose.”― Arnold Bennett
249. “[T]hat old September feeling, left over from school days, of summer passing, vacation nearly done, obligations gathering, books and football in the air… Another fall, another turned page: there was something of jubilee in that annual autumnal beginning, as if last year’s mistakes had been wiped clean by summer.” ― Wallace Stegner
250. “Letting there be room for not knowing is the most important thing of all. When there’s a big disappointment, we don’t know if that’s the end of the story. It may just be the beginning of a great adventure. Life is like that. We don’t know anything. We call something bad; we call it good. But really we just don’t know.” ― Pema Chödrön
New beginning quotes on why an ending is necessary
251. “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” – Francisco Cândido Xavier
252. “In that book which is my memory, On the first page of the chapter that is the day when I first met you, Appear the words, ‘Here begins a new life’.” – Dante Alighieri
253. “Every sunrise gives you a new beginning and a new ending. Let this morning be a new beginning to a better relationship and a new ending to the bad memories. Its an opportunity to enjoy life, breathe freely, think and love.” – Norton Juster
254, “Every exit is an entrance to someplace else.” – Patti LaBelle
255. “All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time.” – Mitch Albom
256. “Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.” – Jack Kornfield
257. “The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.” – Rebecca West
258. “it is always easier to see the beginning from the end, than the end from the beginning.” – Julia McNair Wright
259. “If there are no endings, there are no beginnings and you see no new lands, so for everything that’s lost, there is usually something gained.” – Merle Shain
260. “It isn’t given to us to see ends. We can only attend to the beginnings and make them right.” – Eleanor Porter
Quotes About New Beginnings To Help You Focus
261. “The strings to our past are burned because we need a new beginning.” — Caroline Myss
262. “Right now you are one choice away from a new beginning.” — Oprah Winfrey
263. “No matter how old or sick or out of shape, you can still stretch and have a new beginning with yoga.” — Bikram Choudhury
264. “There is no person alive who cannot make a new beginning.” — L. Ron Hubbard
265. “A revival is nothing else than a new beginning of obedience to God.” — Charles Grandison Finney
266. “Nature is infinitely creative. It is always producing the possibility of new beginnings.” — Marianne Williamson
267. “I love the short story for being round, suggestive, insinuating, microcosmic. The story has both the inconvenience and the fascination of new beginnings.” — Luisa Valenzuela
268. “May every day be a new beginning, and every dawn bring us closer to that shining city upon a hill.” — Ronald Reagan
269. “Every breath is a new beginning and a new chance.” — Julia Gregson
270. “All transitions are composed of an ending, a neutral zone and a new beginning.” — William Bridges
New Beginning Quotes To Get You Ready For A Fresh Start
271. “In one bold stroke, forgiveness obliterates the past and permits us to enter the land of new beginnings.” — Billy Graham
272. “I think every morning we wake up offers a new beginning, a new way of stepping into the day. I think every conversation could be a new chance.” — Yvonne Adhiambo Owuor
273. “I was never afraid of failure. I realized that I was responsible for my own success and that every day offers a new beginning and I was confident in my ability to improve.” — Jeffrey R. Immelt
274. “Running has taught me, perhaps more than anything else, that there’s no reason to fear starting lines… or other new beginnings.” — Amby Burfoot
275. “Every end in history necessarily contains a new beginning.” — Hannah Arendt
276. “The revolts themselves open up something very new. One has to be aware, or listen, or open one’s mind to what are the new beginnings.” — Nigel Gibson
277. “Tomorrow is a new beginning. Embrace the light of a new day, for you have a fresh chance to begin again, to make life beautiful.” — Leon Brown
278. “For great things do not done just happen by impulse but are a succession of small things linked together.” — Vincent Van Gogh
279. “Every moment is a fresh new beginning… a wonderful inauguration of the great cosmic journey through the Universe. We can do whatever we want. We can change reality at any moment.” — Russell Brand
280. “All glory comes from daring to begin.” — Eugene Fitch Ware
Quotes About New Beginning To Get You Ready To Start
281. “It’s time to start all over/make a new beginning.” — Tracy Chapman
282. “Every single moment of a person’s life, both of the understanding and of the will, is a new beginning.” — Emanuel Swedenborg
283. “If you don’t get the ending you desire…. have faith in the magic of new beginnings.” — Rita Zahara
284. “There will be no new arcadian age. There will always be new burdens, new problems, new failures, new beginnings. And the glory of man is to respond to his harsh fate with zest and ever-renewed effort.” — Samuel Florman
285. “Always be open to new beginnings. To the universe, every moment is the start of the next big thing in your life.” — Marianne Williamson
286. “Retirement: a brand new beginning! How wonderful!” — M.I.A.
287. “Each venture Is a new beginning, a raid on the inarticulate With shabby equipment always deteriorating In the general mess of imprecision of feeling.” — T. S. Eliot
288. “A happy marriage is a new beginning of life, a new starting point for happiness and usefulness.” — Arthur Penrhyn Stanley
289. “I am all about new beginnings. A new grandchild, another new hairstyle, a new email account. Why not a new relationship with the press?” — Hillary Clinton
290. “Every ending is a new beginning. Through the grace of God, we can always start again.” — Marianne Williamson
Quotes About New Beginning Perfect for Every Stage of Your Life
291. “The draft you feel after your heart has been broken is simply the essential airing out of your soul to help establish fresh, new beginnings.” ― Michelle C. Ustaszeski
292. “Think of aging as a new beginning and making the most of what you’ve got and what you didn’t have time to enjoy before!” ― Susie Harper
293. “Retirement is a NEW beginning, your chance to reset life, expand on your interests and find new opportunities for your best retired years.” ― Wendy S. Fisher
294. “New beginnings are starting daily through every new morning opening new wonders and mercies of healings and blessings of opportunity to nurture the soul.” ― Rosalee Ervin
295. “You need to learn from your mistakes to start a new beginning because if you stop then you will not able to accomplish your goals in life.” ― Ivan Hakin
296. “New beginnings are exciting! They become exciting to us because they offer the promise of hope, the anticipation of change in our lives, and the prospect that our dreams will indeed come true!” ― Squire Rushnell
297. “We are meant to keep focused for new life, for new beginnings, for new experiences, and to use our abilities to move beyond all those things that may serve as excuses to confine us to the now.” ― Byron Pulsifer
298. “Nature is bent on new beginning and death has not a chance of winning.” ― Rosy Cole
299. “Innovation is the creation of the new, or the re-arranging of the old in a new way.” ― Mike Vance
300. “Once we link up and network, there will be new institutions, new beginnings, and a change in the economy because capitalism is destroying many people’s lives. It’s just one leap to think in a different way.” ― Mairead Corrigan
Quotes About New Beginning To Embrace You Past Failures
301. “Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to our attention by external opportunities.” ― William Throsby Bridges
302. “If I stay, would you put an end / To all the games you play / Can you promise me / That you will never stray / Has to be a new beginning from today.” ― Guillaume Mathieu
303. “If you can make one heap of all your winnings / And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,/ And lose, and start again at your beginnings,/ And never breathe a word about your loss.” ― Rudyard Kipling
304. “In happiness and pain the love we share and hope of tomorrow brings light to the dawning day. Greeting each morning as a gift of new beginnings.” ― Mark Langendorf
305. “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” ― Edith Lovejoy Pierce
306. “Ruins, for me, are the beginning. With the debris, you can construct new ideas. They are symbols of a beginning.” ― Anselm Kiefer
307. “Save me this ain’t over / And maybe we are much closer / To every dream we had / I wish it could be just a new beginning.” ― Dave Roth
308. “Look: the constant marigold / Springs again from hidden roots./ Baffled gardener, you behold / New beginnings and new shoots / Spring again from hidden roots./ Pull or stab or cut or burn / They will ever yet return.” ― Robert Graves
309. “The whole world’s broke and it ain’t worth fixing / It’s time to start all over, make a new beginning / There’s too much pain, too much suffering / Let’s resolve to start all over make a new beginning.” ― Tracy L. Chapman
310. “My world is brighter / My view much wider / New beginning, first breath of air / I’m so aware of new beginning / I’m thankful for the chance to start again / I’ve turned the page, a change came with the wind / It’s not the end, it’s a new beginning.” ― Blue Miller
How did you find these new beginnings quotes?
Sometimes life requires us to start over and rebuild from scratch.
In order to create the life you want, you have to be willing to let go of what isn’t working or what’s holding you back.
But because you do not know what’s written in your next chapter of life, the idea of starting afresh can be intimidating.
Hopefully, these new beginnings quotes have given you the courage to start over and reboot your life for the better.
Did you enjoy these quotes and sayings about new beginnings?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
January 12, 2019 at 10:48 PM
Quoteso 7 13 and 18 were most inspiring for me especially 13. Many of us think it’s holding on that makes us strong but sometimes it’s letting go….