These cake quotes highlight the wonderful dessert that makes every celebration better.
Cake might just be the best thing on this planet. The texture is just right, moist yet fluffy, and the icing just makes it even better.
Of course, there are your standard flavors like chocolate, vanilla, and yellow cake, but a true cake connoisseur knows there is are so many more worth exploring.
There are fruit-filled cakes, red velvet, carrot, and even Earl Grey cake with a lavender-infused frosting. I may have to go bake that right now…and some of these cake quotes would make a lovely Instagram caption for my sophisticated pretty purple cake!
Whether you are captioning your latest cake or cupcake creation, or even a beautiful cake you purchased, these cake quotes will capture whatever sentiment you would like to convey! There are funny cake quotes, cake quotes about life, and even some about icing!
We have already talked about some of the flavors that cake can come in, but did you realize that there are many different types of cakes? Keep reading to learn more!
Don’t forget to also check out these baking quotes to help you create a delicious masterpiece.
Funny cake quotes
1. “My policy on cake is pro having it and pro eating it.” — Boris Johnson
2. “Life is too short to say no to cake.” — Unknown
3. “A balanced diet is having a piece of cake in each hand.” — Unknown
4. “Cake will always be the answer. The question is irrelevant.” — Unknown
5. “You know you’re getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It’s like, ‘See if you can blow this out.’” — Jerry Seinfeld
6. “I’m not saying I don’t enjoy the days that I’m not eating chocolate cake. But I do particularly like those days when I am eating chocolate cake.” — Trisha Yearwood
7. “I’ll do almost anything for cake—even trample little children!” — Gayle King
8. “Everyone who knows me knows that I always eat cake. My nutritionist hates it, but I just tell her I like to eat it, and she’s not going to stop me!” — Lucy Bronze
9. “Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake.” — Dean Koontz
10. “If eating cake is wrong, I don’t want to be right.” — Lorelai Gilmore, The Gilmore Girls
11. “There’s nothing better than cake, but more cake.” — Harry S. Truman
Cake quotes for Instagram
12. “Romance is the icing, but love is the cake.” — Unknown
13. “Live. Love. Cake.” — Unknown
14. “A bad day with cake is better than a good day without it.” — Unknown
15. “Cake is a very beautiful thing.” — Milly Shapiro
16. “Photographing a cake can be art.” — Irving Penn
17. “Love is when you have a really amazing piece of cake, and it’s the very last piece, but you let him have it.” — E. Lockhart
18. “Sweetest slice of paradise.” — Unknown
19. “Cake for later; cake as a way of life.” — Laini Taylor
20. “I’ve never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn’t fix.” — Sarah Ockler
21. “Cake is for life, not just for birthdays!” — Unknown
Cake quotes about birthdays, weddings, and celebrations
22. “Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It’s all about the memories.” — Buddy Valastro
23. “The most dangerous food is wedding cake.” — James Thurber
24. “All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.” — George Harrison
25. “Having a birthday cake squashed into your face by young kids? Delicious. I always don a Santa suit at Christmas. Remaining childish is a tremendous state of innocence.” — John Lydon
26. “My son’s twin girls, Abby and Grace, are 14; they make birthday cakes and like to do it on their own with Mum out of the way.” — Mary Berry
27. “For me, the end of childhood came when the number of candles on my birthday cake no longer reflected my age, around 19 or 20. From then on, each candle came to represent an entire decade.” — Yotam Ottolenghi
28. “I like birthday cake. It’s so symbolic. It’s a tempting symbol to load with something more complicated than just ‘Happy birthday!’ because it’s this emblem of childhood and a happy day.” — Aimee Bender
29. “A party without cake is just a meeting.” — Julia Child
30. “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.” — Jo Brand
31. “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” — Bob Hope
‘Like a cake’ and ‘icing on the cake’ quotes
32. “A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.” — Benjamin Franklin
33. “A lot of movies are about life, mine are like a slice of cake.” — Alfred Hitchcock
34. “In my experience, entrepreneurship tends to be kind of cumulative, like a layer cake. Taking some time away can make it hard to rev up.” — Andrew Yang
35. “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.” — Elon Musk
36. “Success is not like a cake that needs to be divided.” — Maeve Binchy
37. “I want people to fall in love with themselves and to be really proud and full of joy for the space they take up. If someone else appreciates the space you take up, then that’s icing on the cake.” — Jonathan Van Ness
38. “In any other context, ‘icing’ is a great and exciting word: The proverbial icing on the cake, for instance, is a bonus — a wonderful thing on top of another wonderful thing.” — Steve Rushin
39. “If the theory turns out to be right, that will be tremendously thick and tasty icing on the cake.” — Brian Greene
40. “Life is a cake and love is the icing on top of it. Without love, it becomes difficult to swallow life.” — Mehek Bassi
41. “I saw the world I had walked since my birth, and I understood how fragile it was, that the reality was a thin layer of icing on a great dark birthday cake, writhing with grubs and nightmares and hunger.” — Neil Gaiman
Cake quotes about life
42. “Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.” — Audrey Hepburn
43. “Freedom is not to be bound by my wounds. And to be able to eat cake every day.” — Amanda de Cadenet
44. “Because the sweeter the cake, the more bitter the jelly can be.” — Lady Gaga
45. “What can cake teach you about life? That practice makes perfect, and if you try something once, it probably won’t be perfect, and you have to keep working on it if you want to be good at it.” — Nicole Byer
46. “The great thing about cake is it doesn’t feel like work. You forget about work. Kids, adults, they all get the same look in their eye when they’re decorating cakes. That’s the magic right there.” — Duff Goldman
47. “Life is short and unpredictable. Eat the dessert first.” — Helen Keller
48. “Take the broken pieces of your life, bake a master cake out of it. Don’t stand still like a lake; keep flowing like a stream!” — Israelmore Ayivor
49. “Happiness is like a cake: have too much of it and you get sick of it.” — Karl Pilkington
50. “So, if I have two pieces of cake, do I have twice as good an experience as the first piece of cake? One of the things I’ve found in life is that the first piece of cake is the best.” — David Frum
Which of these cake quotes is your favorite?
Professional bakers categorize cakes by their ingredients and mixing methods. If your recipe starts with “cream butter and sugar” then you are about to make a butter cake.
Pound cake, which is often made in a loaf or bundt pan, is a derivative of butter cake. It gets its name because its ingredients can be measured proportionately: a pound of butter, a pound of sugar, a pound of eggs, and a pound of flour.
If you have a recipe that calls for no baking soda or baking powder, but lots of whipped eggs or egg whites, then you are about to bake a sponge cake!
Genoise and biscuit cakes are French versions of a sponge cake. Then there is angel food cake, which you might recognize as the base of strawberry shortcake. It also has a distinct spongy texture, and no egg yolks! There are even flourless cakes, for those of you who might be trying to cut out gluten.
You could also find a recipe for a cake with a gluten-free type of flour. Just because gluten might be off the table, does not mean that cake has to be! Cake is so fabulous, you can also find a Keto recipe if you are trying to follow a lower-carb diet!
Did you enjoy reading these cake quotes and sayings? Tell us your favorite type and flavor of cake in the comment section below!
November 16, 2021 7:00 AM EST