These inspiring quotes from Lieutenant General Chesty Puller will motivate you to push it to the limits.
USMC General Lewis Burwell “Chesty” Puller is the most decorated Marine in American history.
This beloved military figure is well known for his quotable sayings and inspirational phrases.
If you need the motivation to continue on your path to success, read these words and adjust your mindset.
Hard work, dedication, and patience are the key factors to reaching your goals.
Chesty Puller is a celebrated Marine with a long list of legendary accomplishments.
Take the advice of this decorated military figure and begin your personal journey towards greatness.
The best Chesty Puller quotes will elevate your spirits and encourage you to reach your full potential.
The words of this famous lieutenant general have motivated countless members of the military over the years.
Even if you aren’t a Marine, you’ll love this powerful and clever collection of quotes.
Share these words of wisdom with someone you know who could use a little motivation.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Chesty Puller quotes to motivate you to push it to the limit
1.) “They’re on our right, they’re on our left, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us; they can’t get away from us this time.” – Chesty Puller
You will also enjoy our article on marine quotes.
2. “Paperwork will ruin any military force.” – Chesty Puller
3. “My definition, the definition that I’ve always believed in, is that esprit de corps means love for one’s own military legion – in my case, the United States Marine Corps. It means more than self-preservation, religion, or patriotism. I’ve also learned that this loyalty to one’s corps travels both ways: up and down.” – Chesty Puller
You will also enjoy our article on badass quotes.
4. “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” – Chesty Puller
5. “In the Marine Corps, your buddy is not only your classmate or fellow officer, but he is also the Marine under your command. If you don’t prepare yourself to properly train him, lead him, and support him on the battlefield, then you’re going to let him down. That is unforgivable in the Marine Corps.” – Chesty Puller
6. “The mail service has been excellent out here, and in my opinion, this is all that the Air Force has accomplished during the war.” – Chesty Puller
7. “I’ve always believed that no officer’s life, regardless of rank, is of such great value to his country that he should seek safety in the rear … Officers should be forward with their men at the point of impact.” – Chesty Puller
8. “If you want to get the most out of your men, give them a break! Don’t make them work completely in the dark. If you do, they won’t do a bit more than they have to. But if they comprehend, they’ll work like mad.” – Chesty Puller
9. “Old breed? New breed? There’s not a damn bit of difference so long as it’s the Marine breed.” – Chesty Puller
10. “What the American people want to do is fight a war without getting hurt. You can’t do that anymore than you can get into a barroom fight without getting hurt… Unless the American people are willing to send their sons out to fight an aggressor, there just isn’t going to be any United States.” – Chesty Puller
Also check out these thought-provoking gun violence quotes to inform you.
Chesty Puller quotes to encourage you to reach your full potential
11. “Retreat! Hell, we’re just attacking in a different direction.” – Chesty Puller
12. “We’re surrounded. That simplifies the problem!” – Chesty Puller
13. “My definition, a definition in the drill books from the time that General Von Steuben wrote the regulations for General George Washington, the definition of the object of military training is a success in battle … It wouldn’t be any sense to have a military organization on the backs of the American taxpayers with any other definition.” – Chesty Puller
14. “You don’t hurt ’em if you don’t hit ’em.” – Chesty Puller
15. “Great. Now we can shoot at those bastards from every direction.” – Chesty Puller
16. “Don’t forget that you’re First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!” – Chesty Puller
17. “Pain is weakness leaving the body.” – Chesty Puller
18. “We make generals today on the basis of their ability to write a damned letter. Those kinds of men can’t get us ready for war.” – Chesty Puller
19. “There are not enough chinamen in the world to stop a fully armed Marine regiment from going where ever they want to go.” – Chesty Puller
20. “If we are going to win the next war, in my opinion, 50 percent of the time of training should be allotted to night training.” – Chesty Puller
Don’t forget to also read these powerful Jocko Willink quotes to motivate you
More Chesty Puller quotes to inspire you
21. “The mail service has been excellent out here, and in my opinion this is all that the Air Force has accomplished during the war.” – Chesty Puller
22. “Alright you bastards, try and shoot me!” – Chesty Puller
23. “Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!” – Chesty Puller
24. “Take me to the Brig. I want to see the ‘real Marines.’” – Chesty Puller
25. “When the Marines were cut off behind enemy lines and the Army had written the 1st Marine Division off as being lost because they were surrounded by 22 enemy divisions. The Marines made it out inflicting the highest casualty ratio on an enemy in history and destroying 7 entire enemy divisions in the process. An enemy division is 16500+ men while a Marine division is 12500 men.” – Chesty Puller
You might also like these war quotes from writers, politicians and more.
Which of these inspirational quotes from Chesty Puller motivates you the most?
The words of famous General Chesty Puller are guaranteed to lift your spirits.
You’ll be ready to fight and win after you read his powerful advice.
If you want to unleash your complete potential and reach your goals, try to incorporate these motivating quotes into your life.
Anything is possible when you try your hardest and never give up.
Whether you seek strength, bravery, or knowledge, this collection of quotes will delight you.
Chesty Puller is beloved as a military hero and as a quotable source of inspiration.
His best words of wisdom are often still shared amongst Marines today.
Even if you aren’t a member of the military, there is value to be found by reading his insights.
Check out these badass Chesty Puller quotes and pass them along to any friends who could use the motivation.
What are your favorite legendary quotes from USMC General Lewis Burwell “Chesty” Puller?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 12, 2022 5:00 AM EST