They often save ships but there are many ways that we use lighthouse analogies in other areas of life as shown in these lighthouse quotes.
There’s just something about a lighthouse that seems to draw people to them. And it’s not just that they provide light to help mariners find their way and avoid trouble.
There’s something about the work that they do and the simpleness and steadiness of the lighthouse that people seem to enjoy.
There are many ways that people need “lighthouses” in life such as another person to help guide the way. Enjoy these lighthouse quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these journey quotes celebrating your path to greatness.
Lighthouse quotes on how people are like them
1. “I feel that we’re all lighthouses, and my job is to shine my light as brightly as I can to the darkness.” – Jim Carrey
2. “A True Friend who leaves heartfelt messages, can be a lighthouse to others, sharing light and truth, which comes from their heart.” – Tom Baker
3. “Don’t forget that maybe you are the lighthouse in someone’s storm.” – Unknown
4. “The scars you share become lighthouses for other people who are headed to the same rocks you hit.” – Unknown
5. “The love within them shone as brightly as the lighthouse beam on the darkest, stormiest night. It broke through her confusion and heartache and filled her with a warm glow.” – Jody Hedlund
6. “I am lighthouse rather than lifeboat. I do not rescue, but instead help others to find their own way to shore, guiding them by my example.” – Unknown
7. “Stop turning every others battle into yours. Sometimes amidst of all the wars, all you need to become is the lighthouse, not the sword.” – Akshay Vasu
8. “Friends are like lighthouses, with the sources of light coming from their hearts.” – Tom Baker
9. “Are you looking for a lighthouse? Let me give you an advice: when you improve your own mind, you become your very own lighthouse!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
10. “Some people are destined to be a lighthouse for a lost comrade.” – Erin Forbes
11. “The trouble with drowning in the mess of your own life is that you’re not in any shape to save anyone else. You can’t be a lighthouse when you’re underwater yourself.” – Unknown
12. “To be a lighthouse, you must be strong enough to resist every kind of storm, to every kind of loneliness and you must have a powerful light inside you!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
13. “By spreading knowledge you can live forever. You can be the lighthouse that guides people to safety; a light in the darkest of times.” – Zachariah Renfro
Meaningful lighthouse quotes
14. “The dip of the light meant that the island itself was always left in darkness. A lighthouse is for others; powerless to illuminate the space closest to it.” – M.L. Steadman
15. “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” – Anne Lamott
16. “When we buried my mother, some of the light went out of me, and it seemed proper that I should go and live in a place where all the light shone outwards and none of it was there for us.” – Jeanette Winterson
17. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining – they just shine.” – Dwight L. Moody
18. “A lighthouse doesn’t save the ships; it doesn’t go out and rescue them, it’s just this pillar that helps to guide people home.” – Lea Michele
19. What does a lighthouse do? I ask myself. It never moves. It cannot hike up its rocky skirt and dash into the ocean to rescue the foundering ship. It cannot calm the waters or clear the shoals. It can only cast light into the darkness. It can only point the way. Yet, through one lighthouse, you guide many ships. Show this old lighthouse the way. –Lisa Wingate
20. “Lighthouses are not just stone, brick, metal, and glass. There’s a human story at every lighthouse; that’s the story I want to tell.” ― Elinor DeWire
21. “Lighthouses don’t get all wobbly when the weather gets rough; they just stand there shining.” – Unknown
Wise lighthouse quotes
22. “If you close your eyes, no lighthouse can help you!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
23. “Like a simple little lighthouse, my true ideal is to just be… having no trace of seeking, desiring, imitating, or striving, only light and peace.” – Bodhi Smith
24. “Man must behave like a lighthouse; he must shine day and night for the goodness of everyman.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
25. “It’s about how you’re like a lighthouse, always searching far into the distance. But the thing you’re looking for is usually close to you and always has been. That’s why you have to look within yourself to find answers instead of searching beyond.” – Susane Colasanti
26. “A fallen lighthouse is more dangerous than a reef.” – Proverb
27. “Is the beam from a lighthouse affected by howling wind and rain? It remains perfectly steadfast and unaffected by the storm. Your true self is like that. Nothing can ever harm you once you are consciously aware that it is so.” – Vernon Howard
28. “If you open your eyes very wide and look around you carefully, you will always see a lighthouse which will lead you to the right path! Just watch around you carefully!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
The Lighthouse quotes from the movie
29. “How long have we been on this rock? Five weeks? Two days? Where are we? Help me to recollect!” – The Lighthouse
30. “Just like any man – Trying to settle down quiet-like with some earnings.” – The Lighthouse
31. “The light is mine.” – The Lighthouse
32. “Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the devil. Boredom makes men to villains.” – The Lighthouse
33. “It’s the calm before the storm, Winslow.” – The Lighthouse
34. “I’m damn-well wedded to this here light, and she’s been a finer, truer, quieter wife than any alive-blooded woman.” – The Lighthouse
35. “I’ve seen you sparring with a gull. Best leave them be. Bad luck to kill a sea bird.” – The Lighthouse
More lighthouse quotes
36. “Look to the lighthouse of the Lord. There is no fog so dense, no night so dark, no gale so strong, no mariner so lost but what its beacon light can rescue.” – Thomas S Monson
37. “I can think of no other edifice constructed by man as altruistic as a lighthouse. They were built only to serve.” – George Bernard Shaw
38. “She is like a revolving lighthouse; pitch darkness alternating with a dazzling brilliance!” – Henry James
39. “God built lighthouses to see people through storms. Then he built storms to remind people to find lighthouses.” – Shannon Alder
40. “The lighthouse does great service to humanity yet it is the slave to those who trim the lamps.” – Alice Wellington Rollins
41. “At some time, often when we least expect it, we all have to face overwhelming challenges. When the unthinkable happens, the lighthouse is hope. Once we find it, we must cling to it with absolute determination. When we have hope, we discover powers within ourselves we may have never known- the power to make sacrifices, to endure, to heal, and to love. Once we choose hope, everything is possible.” – Christopher Reeve
42. “Anything for the quick life, as the man said when he took the situation at the lighthouse.” – Charles Dickens
43. “I wish to spend a lifetime near a lighthouse where loneliness will be the glimmer of luminous prancing upon ocean waves… rising and falling only for my breathing.” – Munia Khan
44. “He slept that night thinking of loves and lighthouses. That one love might shine to bring all loves home.” – Jamie O’Neill
45. “The lighthouse of the Lord beckons to all as we sail the seas of life.” – Thomas S Monson
46. “A good book is a lighthouse; a wise man is a lighthouse; conscience is a lighthouse; compassion is a lighthouse; science is a lighthouse! They all show us the true path! Keep them in your life and remain safe in the rocky and dark waters of life!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
47. “Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse while all others were making ships.” – Charles Simic
48. “Darkness reigns at the foot of the lighthouse.” – Japanese Proverb
49. “Lighthouses are endlessly suggestive signifiers of both human isolation and our ultimate connectedness to each other.” – Virginia Woolf
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Virginia Woolf quotes that will help you understand life itself.
50. “Books are lighthouses erected in the great sea of time.” – E.P. Whipple
What did you learn from these Lighthouse quotes?
Have you benefited from a person acting as a lighthouse in your life? Or have you been a lighthouse to someone else?
There are many lessons that we can all learn from both the lighthouse and the lighthouse keeper.
They are steadily at work when others have turned in for the day making sure that the light never goes out.
It’s not just people that can act as lighthouses in our lives. Many people find guiding principles from their religion and even books.
If you need a steady message in your life, look for the people and resources that can be that for you.
And if you don’t feel you need it right now, it might be that you’re supposed to be the lighthouse to someone else.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these lighthouse quotes and sayings? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 30, 2020 7:00 AM EST