Peaky Blinders Quotes from the British Crime Drama
April 3, 2023 5:00 AM EST
If you are looking for a new show, a British Crime Drama may be the way to go. See if you enjoy these Peaky Blinders quotes.
Peaky Blinders is a British crime drama that is based in Birmingham, England, between World War I and World War II.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to Netflix, Peaky Blinders is one of their top 10 most-watched shows globally, with a reported 3.6 million viewers in the UK alone during its first week of release in 2019.
This indicates a significant interest in the show and its characters, including their quotes.
The series is made up of six seasons. The final one was broadcast in 2022, and it’s expected to be followed by a spinoff film.
The show is said to be loosely based on the street gang named Peaky Blinders that grew throughout parts of England from the late 1800s to the 1910s.
Steven Knight created the show, featuring an ensemble cast led by Cillian Murphy, Helen McCrory, Paul Anderson, Sophie Rundle, and Joe Cole.
Peaky Blinders received widespread critical acclaim. It has also been nominated for and won many awards, including a BAFTA for Best Drama Series.
Don’t forget to also check out these Jack Sparrow quotes from everyone’s favorite pirate.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Memorable Peaky Blinders Quotes
The popularity of Peaky Blinders has led to the creation of fan groups on social media, with one Facebook group having over 300,000 members as of 2021.
This suggests that there is a strong community of fans who enjoy discussing and sharing quotes from the show.
1. “There is good in my heart, but these hands belong to the devil.” – Arthur Shelby
You will also enjoy our article on Medusa quotes.
2. “When you plan something well there’s no need to rush.” – Tommy Shelby
3. “My fury is a thing to behold.” – Chester Campbell
4. “Men always tell their troubles to a barmaid.” – Grace Burgess
5. “Every man, he craves certainty.” – Alfie Solomons
6. Sometimes the women have to take over. Like in the war.” – Polly Gray
7. “Life is so much easier to deal with when you are dead.” – Alfie Solomons
8. “When my judgement comes, I’ll be the one that’s laughing.” – Chester Campbell
9. “You strike when your enemy is weak.” – Tommy Shelby
10. “Tell your boss what you saw here today. Tell him you don’t f*ck with the Peaky Blinders.” – Arthur Shelby
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Money Heist quotes from the international crime series.
Peaky Blinders quotes by Arthur Shelby
A survey by YouGov found that Peaky Blinders is the third most popular British drama series among adults in the UK, after Downton Abbey and Broadchurch.
This indicates that the show has a broad appeal and that its quotes are likely to resonate with a wide range of viewers.
11. “This place is under new management, by order of the Peaky Blinders.” – Arthur Shelby
12. “First a few words from the heart. My brother, Tommy helped me survive through some of the worst times. Even though the circumstances of their union was tragic.” – Arthur Shelby
13. “Who wants to be in heaven, eh? Who wants to be in heaven when you can be sending men to f***ing hell?” – Arthur Shelby
14. “Point that thing at my head… That’s where the trouble is…” – Arthur Shelby
15. “I’m an old man and my heart’s battered vessel, but within, there still beats a fluttering pulse of a dream.” – Arthur Shelby
16. “I’m emotional, I just don’t know what f***ing emotion it is.” – Arthur Shelby
17. “I know who I am, Linda. I know who I am and I’m all right with it. Finally, I can live with it.” – Arthur Shelby
Peaky Blinders quotes by Tommy Shelby
According to a study conducted by the University of Oxford, watching just 30 minutes of television can increase your chances of feeling unhappy by 10%.
This statistic can be used to highlight the powerful impact of Peaky Blinders quotes on viewers, who might experience a boost in mood and motivation after watching the show.
18. “Whisky’s good proofing water. Tells you who’s real and who isn’t.” – Tommy Shelby
19. “The one minute. The soldier’s minute. In a battle, that’s all you get. One minute of everything at once. And anything before is nothing. Everything after, nothing. Nothing in comparison to that one minute.” – Tommy Shelby
20. “The one who keeps causing you pain can never be your peace.” – Tommy Shelby
21. “I just put a bullet in his head…he looked at me the wrong way.” – Tommy Shelby
22. “I imagine being shot by a woman hurts the same as being shot by a man. Just bit more shameful.” – Tommy Shelby
23. “Today it will be me dead. Or you. But, whoever it is, he’ll wake up in hell tomorrow.” – Tommy Shelby
24. “I don’t pay for suits. My suits are on the house or the house burns down.” – Tommy Shelby
25. “She’s in the past. The past is not my concern. The future is no longer my concern, either.” – Tommy Shelby
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of 13 Reasons Why quotes from the hit Netflix show.
Did you enjoy these Peaky Blinders quotes?
If you’ve been binge-watching your way through Netflix due to having so much downtime in 2020, you may be looking for something new to watch.
If crime dramas are your jam, then you may enjoy giving this award-winning British show a try.
Even if you haven’t watched a crime drama before, you may find yourself connecting with the storyline and characters.
It will allow you to escape from the drama of the year and your own life while you follow along with this “historical” criminal story.
With five current seasons, there are plenty of episodes for you to enjoy and work through that will be something outside of the ordinary.
Which of these Peaky Blinders quotes and lines is you favorite?
Which other shows would you like to see featured on Everyday Power?
Let us know in the comment section below.