Looking for a new show, a British Crime Drama may be the way to go. See if you enjoy these Peaky Blinders quotes.
Peaky Blinders is a British crime drama that is based in Birmingham, England between World War I and World War II. There have been five complete seasons of the show, with a sixth and seventh expected to follow. It has now been picked up by Netflix for American viewing and others around the world.
The show is said to be loosely based on the street gang named Peaky Blinders that grew throughout parts of England from the late 1800s to the 1910s.
Don’t forget to also check out these Jack Sparrow quotes from everyone’s favorite pirate.
Peaky Blinders quotes by Arthur Shelby
1. “This place is under new management, by order of the Peaky Blinders.” – Arthur Shelby
2. “First a few words from the heart. My brother, Tommy helped me survive through some of the worst times. Even though the circumstances of their union was tragic.” – Arthur Shelby
3. “There is good in my heart, but these hands belong to the devil.” – Arthur Shelby
4. “Who wants to be in heaven, eh? Who wants to be in heaven when you can be sending men to f***ing hell?” – Arthur Shelby
5. “Point that thing at my head… That’s where the trouble is…” – Arthur Shelby
6. “Tell your boss what you saw here today. Tell him you don’t f*ck with the Peaky Blinders.” – Arthur Shelby
7. “I’m an old man and my heart’s battered vessel, but within, there still beats a fluttering pulse of a dream.” – Arthur Shelby
8. “I’m emotional, I just don’t know what f***ing emotion it is.” – Arthur Shelby
9. “I know who I am, Linda. I know who I am and I’m all right with it. Finally, I can live with it.” – Arthur Shelby
Peaky Blinders quotes by Tommy Shelby
10. “Whisky’s good proofing water. Tells you who’s real and who isn’t.” – Tommy Shelby
11. “The one minute. The soldier’s minute. In a battle, that’s all you get. One minute of everything at once. And anything before is nothing. Everything after, nothing. Nothing in comparison to that one minute.” – Tommy Shelby
12. “When you plan something well there’s no need to rush.” – Tommy Shelby
13. “You strike when your enemy is weak.” – Tommy Shelby
14. “The one who keeps causing you pain can never be your peace.” – Tommy Shelby
15. “I just put a bullet in his head…he looked at me the wrong way.” – Tommy Shelby
16. “I imagine being shot by a woman hurts the same as being shot by a man. Just bit more shameful.” – Tommy Shelby
17. “Today it will be me dead. Or you. But, whoever it is, he’ll wake up in hell tomorrow.” – Tommy Shelby
18. “I don’t pay for suits. My suits are on the house or the house burns down.” – Tommy Shelby
19. “She’s in the past. The past is not my concern. The future is no longer my concern, either.” – Tommy Shelby
20. “Everyone’s a wh*re, Grace. We just sell different parts of ourselves.” – Tommy Shelby
21. “You have to get what you want your own way.” – Tommy Shelby
22. “Pain changes people. It makes them trust less. Overthinking more and shut people out.” – Tommy Shelby
23. “Good taste is for people who can’t afford sapphires.” – Tommy Shelby
24. “If you’re soft on rebellion, it’ll grow.” – Tommy Shelby
25. “It’s not a good idea to look at Tommy Shelby the wrong way.” – Tommy Shelby
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of This Is Us quotes from the award-winning series.
Peaky Blinders quotes by Chester Campbell
26. “Men like us, Mr. Shelby, will always be alone. And what love we get, we will have to pay for.” – Chester Campbell
27. “I find the more obvious vices the easiest to resist.” – Chester Campbell
28. “One thing I have learned is that you and I are opposites, but also just the same. Like an image in a mirror. We hate people. And they in turn hate us. And fear us.” – Chester Campbell
29. “My fury is a thing to behold.” – Chester Campbell
30. “When my judgement comes, I’ll be the one that’s laughing.” – Chester Campbell
31. “To make sure your dog obeys you, you have to show it the stick once in a while.” – Chester Campbell
32. “In all the world the one thing that interests me is the truth.” – Chester Campbell
33. “Killing a man affects the heart.” – Chester Campbell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of 13 Reasons Why quotes from the hit Netflix show.
Peaky Blinders quotes by Grace Burgess
34. “Men always tell their troubles to a barmaid.” – Grace Burgess
35. “The work’s all done, Tommy. It’s all done. We can walk away from all of this. It’s so easy and so soft. Such a small change.” – Grace Burgess
36. “May you be in heaven a full half-hour before the devil knows you’re dead.” – Grace Burgess
Peaky Blinders quotes from Alfie Solomons
37. “Intelligence is a very valuable thing, innit, my friend. And usually, it comes far too f****** late.” – Alfie Solomons
38. “Every man, he craves certainty.” – Alfie Solomons
39. “Life is so much easier to deal with when you are dead.” – Alfie Solomons
40. “He’ll wake up. Granted he won’t have any teeth left but he will be a wiser man for it.” – Alfie Solomons
41. “Rum’s for fun and f***ing, innit? Whisky, now that…that is for business.” – Alfie Solomons
42. “Never give power to the big man.” – Alfie Solomons
Peaky Blinders quotes from Polly Gray
43. “When you’re dead already, you’re free.” – Polly Gray
44. “Babies don’t have principles.” – Polly Gray
45. “Rule one, you don’t punch above your weight.” – Polly Gray
46. Sometimes the women have to take over. Like in the war.” – Polly Gray
47. “Men don’t have the strategic intelligence to conduct a war between families. Men are less good at keeping secrets out of their lies.” – Polly Gray
More Peaky Blinders quotes
48. “You’ve told me about her, like a gentleman, now kindly behave like a gangster again.” – May Carleton
49. “Aunt Pol, when I was Michael’s age I’d killed a hundred men and seen a thousand die. If you want to scare that kid away forever, carry on how you’re going. If you want him to stay, let him come.” – John Shelby
50. “I don’t need a knife to stop me telling secrets given in confidence. It is a matter of honor.” – Esme Shelby
Did you enjoy these Peaky Blinders quotes?
If you’ve been binge-watching your way through Netflix due to having so much downtime in 2020, you may be looking for something new to watch.
If crime dramas are your jam, then you may enjoy giving this award-winning British show a try. Even if you haven’t watched a crime drama before, you may find yourself connecting with the storyline and characters.
It will allow you to escape from the drama of the year and your own life while you follow along with this “historical” criminal story.
With five current seasons, there are plenty of episodes for you to enjoy and work through that will be something outside of the ordinary.
Which of these Peaky Blinders quotes and lines is you favorite? Which other shows would you like to see featured on Everyday Power? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 11, 2020 7:00 AM EST