These Chuck Palahniuk quotes will make your day.
Chuck Palahniuk is a New York Times bestselling author and freelance journalist.
While he credits his fifth-grade teacher as the catalyst for his future career, it wasn’t until his 30s that he began writing novels.
Palahniuk did some work as a journalist but worked mainly as a diesel mechanic until his writing career took over.
Publishers initially rejected his first novel.
After that, he decided to leave the mainstream and focus on darker work.
This was when he began working on Fight Club.
The book was eventually picked up by a publisher but didn’t gain much attention initially in print.
However, when 20th Century Fox showed interest in turning the novel into a film, Palahniuk was able to secure an agent.
The Fight Club film didn’t perform well in theaters but gained momentum when on DVD.
This gave new attention to the book.
Palahniuk’s writing career began to take off from there.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Nicholas Sparks quotes from the bestselling author.
Best Chuck Palahniuk quotes
1. “Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home… it’s your responsibility to love it, or change it.” – Chuck Palahniuk
2. “Most times, it’s just a lot easier not to let the world know what’s wrong.” – Chuck Palahniuk
3. “We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever. The goal is to create something that will.” – Chuck Palahniuk
4. “At that time, my life just seemed too complete, and maybe we have to break everything to make something better out of ourselves.” – Chuck Palahniuk
5. “Our real discoveries come from chaos, from going to the place that looks wrong and stupid and foolish.” – Chuck Palahniuk
6. “You had to risk your life to get love. You had to get right to the edge of death to ever be saved.” – Chuck Palahniuk
7. “When we don’t know who to hate, we hate ourselves.” – Chuck Palahniuk
8. “The lower you fall, the higher you’ll fly.” – Chuck Palahniuk
9. “Maybe self-improvement isn’t the answer, maybe self-destruction is the answer.” – Chuck Palahniuk
10. “What makes earth feel like hell is our expectation that it should feel like heaven.” – Chuck Palahniuk
Chuck Palahniuk quotes to inspire and motivate you
11. “Hysteria is impossible without an audience. Panicking by yourself is the same as laughing alone in an empty room. You feel really silly.” – Chuck Palahniuk
12. “The trick to forgetting the big picture is to look at everything close-up.” – Chuck Palahniuk
13. “The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.” – Chuck Palahniuk
14. “If you watch close, history does nothing but repeat itself.” – Chuck Palahniuk
15. “You have to be everything regular people aren’t. Where they fail, you have to go all the way.” – Chuck Palahniuk
16. “Find out what you’re afraid of and go live there.” – Chuck Palahniuk
17. “I want to destroy everything beautiful I’d never have.” – Chuck Palahniuk
18. “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.” – Chuck Palahniuk
19. “The unreal is more powerful than the real. Because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because it’s only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last.” – Chuck Palahniuk
20. “People don’t want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messed cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown.” – Chuck Palahniuk
You might also like these P.J. O’Rourke quotes on politics and life.
What did you learn from these Chuck Palahniuk quotes?
Some of Chuck Palahniuk’s writings are based on events from his personal life.
As of 2022, he has published 23 fiction books, 15 short fiction, and four non-fiction.
In addition, five of his books have been adapted into film.
Each of his novels is intentionally written so that each chapter could be a short story of its own.
While writing, he likes to be in public where he can people-watch as he works.
Palahniuk has won several awards, including the 1997 Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association Award, the 1997 Oregon Book Award for Best Novel, and the 2003 Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association Award.
He also received several other nominations.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Chuck Palahniuk quotes and sayings?
December 1, 2022 7:13 AM EST