Insecurity Quotes to Help You Gain Confidence
December 13, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These insecurity quotes are for those who need to feel that they are not alone in their fear of judgement.
Feeling insecure is a natural human emotion.
We’ll always have the tendency to compare ourselves to others, and all too often, we find ourselves looking at someone else’s success, thinking that their success equals our own failure.
You may also enjoy our article on:
But why is insecurity so common?
A lot of people credit the modern world of technology, but the reality is, it’s something so many people feel, whether they mean to experience it or not.
Overcoming these insecurities can take a lot of work, patience, and soul searching.
It takes letting go of your fear of judgement and embracing your true and authentic self.
These insecurity quotes are here to let you know that so many others feel the same exact fear that you do, and that, although insecurity is a common feeling, it is not impossible to overcome.
With acceptance, gratitude, and courage, you will be able to become a more confident you.
Don’t forget to also check out these lies quotes for healing and moving on.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Insecurity Quotes for Knowing You’re Not Alone
1. “Life is a dangerous thing. Insecurity is the price of living.” – Alija Izetbegovic
You will also enjoy our article on savage quotes.
2. “I have insecurities, of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.” ― Adele
You will also enjoy our article on Brooklyn Nine-Nine quotes.
3. “Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on ego quotes.
4. “People confuse ego, lust, insecurity with true love.” ― Simon Cowell
You will also enjoy our article on haters quotes.
5. “Life is very short. Insecurity is a waste of time.” – Diane Von Furstenburg
You will also enjoy our article on uncertainty quotes.
6. “Often those that criticise others reveal what he himself lacks.” ― Shannon L. Alder
You will also enjoy our article on bad bitch quotes.
7. “If you’re waiting until you feel talented enough to make it, you’ll never make it.” – Criss Jami
You will also enjoy our article on courage quotes.
8. “People outwardly project their innermost insecurities.” – Kilroy J Oldster
You will also enjoy our article on believe in yourself quotes and sayings.
9. “The problem with human attraction is not knowing if it will be returned.” – Becca Fitzpatrick
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about comparison.
10. “There can be no security where there is fear.” – Felix Fankfurter
Insecurity Quotes for Overcoming
11. “I always think the insecurity is going to go away, but it’s always there. Only bad writers think they’re good.” – Harlan Coben
You will also enjoy our article on confidence quotes.
12. “The psychic task which a person can and must set for himself is not to feel secure, but to be able to tolerate insecurity.” – Erich Fromm
13. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – Timothy Ferriss
14. “Pretending to be someone that you are not is hurting yourself. It’s telling yourself that the real you is worthless.” – Ritu Ghatourey
15. “In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” –Rashida Rowe
16. “Become your own soulmate. Then you’ll always have someone watching your back, and you’ll always have someone who loves you.” – Rebecca O’Donnell
17. “True confidence is not about what you take from someone to restore yourself, but what you give back to your critics because they need it more than you do.” – Shannon Alder
18. “The enemy uses those things you’re insecure about. Free yourself and take your power back by being secure in who you are—flaws and all.” – Yvonne Pierre
19. “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” – Seven Furtick
20. “We’re going to have to let truth scream louder to our souls than the lies that have infected us.” – Beth Moore
You will also enjoy our article on mask quotes.
21. “One of the greatest journeys in life is overcoming insecurity and learning to truly not give a sh*t.” – J.A. Konrath
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of protection quotes to safeguard ourselves and loved ones.
Insecurity Quotes for Understanding
22. “Anger is a manifestation of a deeper issue… and that, for me, is based on insecurity, self-esteem and loneliness.” – Naomi Campbell
23. “It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity.” – Dag Hammarskjold
You will also enjoy our article on bullying quotes.
24. “An expectation is a shelter—it gives you a security feeling. So when someone breaks your expectations he is breaking your shelter, making you insecure, fearful.” – Osho
25. “Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless skies.” – Shannon Alder
26. “A lack of transparency results in distrust and deep sense of insecurity.” – Dalai Lama
You will also enjoy our article on self esteem quotes on confidence.
27. “Sometimes what we see in our judgement to other individuals are the things that we are trying to hide.” – Jestoni Sacay
28. “The fishing is best where the fewest go and the collective insecurity of the world makes it easy for people to hit home runs while everyone is aiming for base hits.” – Timothy Ferriss
29. “It has always seemed that a fear of judgement is the mark of guilt and the burden of insecurity.” – Criss Jami
30. “I’m interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.” – Clint Eastwood
Also check out these enemy quotes that will make you want to cut ties with your frenemies.
Insecurity Quotes for Empowerment
31. “Insecurity is self-sabotage. If you want to fly you have to first see you wings.” – Unknown
32. “Without danger we cannot get beyond danger… each one of us requires the spur of insecurity to force us to do our best.” – Dr. Harold W. Dodds
33. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
34. “No one is perfect. Even the most confident people have insecurities. At some point in our lives, we may feel we lack something. That is reality. We must try to live as per our capability.” – Anil Sinha
35. “When you stop living your life based on what others think of, your real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.” – Shannon Alder
36. “The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.” – Robert Hughes
37. “Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them.” – Stacy London
38. “A person who is confident and capable will never feel insecure.” – Abhishek Ratna
39. “Whatever your passion is, keep doing it. Don’t waste time chasing after success or comparing yourself to others. Every flower blooms at a different pace. Excel at doing what your passion is and only focus on perfecting it. Eventually people will see what you are great at doing, and if you are truly great, success will come chasing after you.” – Suzy Kassem
40. “Chasing a person doesn’t give you value or build values in you. You earn your value by chasing morality and practicing dignity.” – Shannon Alder
More insecurity quotes and sayings
41. “I am convinced that the jealous, the angry, the bitter and the egotistical are the first to race to the top of mountains. A confident person enjoys the journey, the people they meet along the way and sees life not as a competition. They reach the summit last because they know God isn’t at the top waiting for them. He is down below helping his followers to understand that the view is glorious wherever you stand.” – Shannon Alder
42. “You don’t have to knock anyone off their game to win yours. It doesn’t build you up to tear others down.” – Mandy Hale
43. “Whenever Insecurity whispers In your ear, telling you how much you suck, tell it to shut the hell up. Then keep going forward anyway.” – Rebecca O’Donnel
44. “My need to show what I can do is keeping me from finding out what other people can do and what we can do together.” – Kate Murphy
45. “I am One. I value my uniqueness. If there were more like me I would hope they were small and easy to destroy.” – Ben Hatke
46. “Behind closed doors, we’re all the fat uncool kid.” – Su-Mari Diedericks
47. “The dreadful insecurity of those who need everyone to think like them, feel like them, be like them.” – Marty Rubin
48. “There’s no room in perfection for insecurity.” – R.K. Lilley
49. “Insecurity is a lack of self-love. When your fountain of self-love is alive, you will be one with people.” – Vishwas Chavan
50. “Don’t let where you are in life to cause you to be so insecure about yourself. There is more to you than your flaws and negative conditions. You are a royal child of God.” – Edmond Mbiaka
51. “Stop allowing people to capitalize off your insecurities.” – Deborah J. Monroe
Insecurity quotes for when you’re feeling low
52. “Be careful not to mistake insecurity and inadequacy for humility! Humility has nothing to do with the insecure and inadequate! Just like arrogance has nothing to do with greatness!” ― C. JoyBell C.
53. “I hate the thought that I’m just some kind of Russian nesting doll with the big outside and inevitably, rattling around under all the layers, a crude little peg with a face is the truth of me.” – Wendy McClure
54. “Insecurities have the ability to shape and mold our minds to live with everything that’s bad; like crying on the inside, while smiling on the outside… thus creating pain… but, alas, I have the answer; forget about what you thought and enjoy (embrace) what you feel.” – Jeremy Aldana
55. “One of the greatest journeys in life is overcoming insecurity and learning to truly not give a shit.” ― J. A. Konrath
56. “I’m not insecure. I’ve been through way too much f**king sh*t to be insecure. I’ve got huge balls. But I’ve been humbled. That makes you grateful for every day you have.” ― Drew Barrymore
57. “The hallmark of insecurity is bravado.” ― Brandon Sanderson
58. “Everybody sees me as this sullen and insecure little thing. Those are just the sides of me that I feel necessary to show because no one else seems to be showing them.” ― Fiona Apple
59. “A man’s spirit is free, but his pride binds him with chains of suffocation in a prison of his own insecurities.” ― Jeremy Aldana
60. “I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I’m like, ‘My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don’t have it. I just want to chill.’ We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.” ― Kobe Bryant
61. “An exciting and inspiring future awaits you beyond the noise in your mind, beyond the guilt, doubt, fear, shame, insecurity and heaviness of the past you carry around.” ― Debbie Ford
Insecurity Quotes To Encourage You To Get Through It
62. “When insecurity starts to rub off on you, you begin to lose a sense of belonging.” — Chinonye J. Chidolue
63. “Go with the one who trusts your insecurities and not your strength. That way they would stick along a little longer.” — AbhiN
64. “Insecure people have a special sensitivity for anything that finally confirms their own low opinion of themselves.” ― Sue Grafton
65. “A woman will always be insecure if she attaches her identity and sense of worth to the amount of male attention she gets.” ― Anupama Garg
66. “We all need to meet that someone who makes us feel like our insecurities don’t exist.” — Michael Bliss
67. “I don’t let anyone’s insecurities, emotions, or opinions bother me. I know that if I am happy, that’s all that matters to me.” ― Demi Lovato
68. “Insecurity is your intuition telling you that something’s not right.. either with them or with you.” ― Charles J. Orlando
69. “The task we must set for ourselves is not to feel secure, but to be able to tolerate insecurity.” ― Erich Fromm
70. “Fear and insecurity are signs of a strong heart.” ― Jack Skellington
71. “Dear insecure girls everywhere, you’re not ugly, society is. Sincerely, The Truth.” – Unknown
72. “The steps of insecurity: Comparison, Compensation, Competition, Compulsion, Condemnation, Control.” – Unknown
73. “Insecurity is the worst sense that lovers feel: sometimes the most humdrum desireless marriage seems better. Insecurity twists meanings and poisons trust.” – Unknown
74. “Humans are strange things. They are the most proud on the outside during the times they are the most insecure on the inside, and they would rather die manipulating others than be brave enough to be honest.” –Unknown
75. “The opposite of security is insecurity, and the only way to overcome insecurity is to take risks.” – Unknown
76. “Judging people’s flaws will not help justify your own.” – Unknown
77. “Insecurity is an ugly thing, it makes you hate people you don’t even know.” – Unknown
78. “Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be happy with myself. I worry that if I can’t be happy with myself, then nobody will ever be happy with me, and that just makes me even more paranoid. It’s a cycle, insecurity, unconfidence, and diffidence, it’s all a cycle and it’s destroying me.” – Unknown
79. “Society taught me that no matter what size I am, I will never be good enough. I’ll always be too skinny, too fat, too short, too tall. Too this, too that.” – Unknown
80. “Don’t you hate it when people make a joke about you, about something that you are actually incredibly insecure about and they don’t realize it, but every laugh feels like a stab in your chest, because it hurts so much and brings up memories you’d rather forget, but you can’t say anything, because then people would know your weaknesses. They’d know how insecure you really are. So instead you just laugh it off, and hide the pain you feel inside.” – Unknown
Insecurity Quotes To Get Rid of Your Ego
81. “Vanity can apply to both insecurity and egotism.” — Taylor Swift
82. “I’ve learned from personal experience that insecurity and doubting yourself can really hurt you.” — Bridgit Mendler
83. “My only real insecurities in high school were having such long legs and thick hair — things I’m so very grateful for now.” — Shailene Woodley
84. “You’re always you, with your own insecurities.” — Michelle Chamuel
85. “Imitation is the sincerest form of insecurity.” — Polly Bergen
86. “I had a great deal of arrogance and a great deal of bravado, but I think the bravado was brought on by a huge insecurity.” — Brian Molko
87. “Insecurity is a toxin and confidence is a tonic, so make the choice not to dwell on the worst possible case.” — Emily Yoffe
88. “I kept on going and I overcame my fears and got over my insecurities.” — Kate Winslet
89. “I’ve had so many insecurities, and am still getting over a lot.” — Melanie Martinez
90. “I couldn’t help feeling people thought I was a moron, and my self-imposed insecurity constantly bedeviled me.” — Nicholas Brendon
Insecurity Quotes To Get Rid of It
91. “My biggest insecurity is that my personality is too much, and as I get older, it’s just getting bigger.” — Angie Harmon
92. “I had body insecurities when I was younger. I still do.” — Ariel Winter
93. “I can’t tell my conscience from my insecurities.” — Cathy Guisewite
94. “I think what ruins relationships and causes most fights is insecurity.” — Olivia Wilde
95. “Becoming the new feminine ideal requires just the right combination of insecurity, exercise, bulimia and surgery.” — Garry Trudeau
96. “My confidence is easy to shake. I am very well aware of all of my flaws. I am aware of all the insecurities that I have.” — Taylor Swift
97. “I think I have a degree of confidence, but I also have terrible insecurity, like anybody does.” — Ben Whishaw
98. “As far as humor goes, I’ve always been a very insecure person and I’ve always wanted to be liked.” — Peter Steele
99. “Im a combination between extreme insecurity and extreme confidence.” — Alexandra Daddario
100. “Insecurity, however, is a luxury on which I never economize.” — Judith Thurman
Which of these insecurity quotes resonated with you best?
Insecurity is simply a side effect of existing in this complicated world we call home.
The insecurity quotes above show that while it’s easy to feel afraid and self-conscious, you are not alone.
While it’s a common feeling, it’s possible to overcome it, and even grow through it.
What can we do to combat some of our most powerful and overwhelming insecurities?
It’s natural to feel intimidated by the world.
Everyone moves so fast, and nearly everyone feels, at some point in their life, that they’re losing the race.
But the truth is, there’s no race.
It’s just you, learning to exist, and live, and love your life.
So, no matter how judged or fearful you feel, know that confidence is just one step away, once you learn to accept yourself for who you truly are, and live as that beautiful person.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these insightful insecurity quotes?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Tell us in the comment section.