If you liked the book or the movie, you’re sure to enjoy these Fight Club quotes.
Fight Club is a 1999 movie starring Brad Pitt and Edward Norton and is about an underground fight club.
Edward Norton plays a nameless 1st person narrator who is a straight-laced personality.
He ends up meeting up with Brad Pitt, who plays Tyler and is introduced to Fight Club, as well as an entirely different way of living.
Going from stability to unpredictability leads Edward Norton’s character down many different paths.
While Norton and Pitt live together, they end up vying competitively for love and power and both of their lives start to spiral out of control.
Enjoy these Fight Club quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Brad Pitt quotes from one of the most famous actors.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Best Fight Club quotes by Tyler
1. “Fight Club *was* the beginning.” — Tyler
2. “The things you own end up owning you.” — Tyler
3. “Technically *you’re* fucking Marla, but it’s all the same to her.” — Tyler
4. “We are consumers. We’re the by-products of a lifestyle obsession.” — Tyler
5. “Man, you’ve got some fucked up friends, I’m tellin’ ya. Limber, though…” — Tyler
6. “This is a chemical burn. It will hurt more than you’ve ever been burned before. You will have a scar.” — Tyler
7. “Did you know if you mixed equal parts of gasoline, orange juice concentrate you can make napalm?” — Tyler
8. “I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let’s evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.” — Tyler
9. “You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re not your fucking khakis. You’re the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.” — Tyler
10. “Wait. Let me start earlier. Like many of you, I was stuck. I couldn’t sleep. I’d flip through catalogs and wonder what kind of dining set defines me as a person? This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time. I prayed for a different life. And this is how I met Tyler Durden.” — Tyler
Check out more Tyler Durden quotes.
Other famous Fight Club quotes and lines by Tyler
11. “Where’d you go, psycho boy?” — Tyler
12. “I want you to hit me as hard as you can.” — Tyler
13. “You decide your own level of involvement!” — Tyler
14. “You wanna make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs.” — Tyler
15. “Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.” — Tyler
16. “The first rule of project mayhem is you do not ask questions.” — Tyler
17. “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.” — Tyler
18. “If you aren’t on your way to becoming a vet in six weeks, you will be dead.” — Tyler
19. “Now, a question of etiquette – as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?” — Tyler
20. “Fight Club was the beginning, now it’s moved out of the basement, it’s called Project Mayhem.” — Tyler
21. “It could be worse. A woman could cut your penis off and throw it out the window of a moving car.” — Tyler
22. “Okay! You are now firing a gun at your imaginary friend, next to 40,000 POUNDS OF NITROGLYCERINE!” — Tyler
23. “First rule of fight club: Do not talk about fight club. Second rule of fight club: DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!” — Tyler
24. “Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel’s life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.” — Tyler
Fight Club quotes and sayings by the Narrator
25. “I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.” — the Narrator
Which of these Fight Club quotes is your favorite?
As you can see from the quotes above, Fight Club is a darker movie and focuses a lot on unhappiness.
There are many twists in the plot and (Spoiler Alert) we come to find out that the Narrator and Tyler are one and the same and that the Narrator has dissociated personalities.
He suffers from insomnia, and when the Narrator is awake he is the Narrator, but when he believes he is asleep he becomes Tyler.
As Fight Club continues to grow, the Narrator’s other personality (Tyler) starts to take over and takes the Fight Club members and leads them in engaging in illegal activities.
We see the battle for the lead personality between the Narrator and Tyler getting more intense as the movie moves on.
Did you enjoy reading these Fight Club quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.