These Book of Mormon quotes will teach you more about the Latter Day Saint denomination.
The Book of Mormon is a collection of writings of ancient prophets to form a religious text of the Latter Day Saints movement.
The book was published as The Book of Mormon: An Account Written by the Hand of Mormon upon Plates Taken from the Plates of Nephi.
The book was put together and published in 1830 by Joseph Smith, who founded the Latter-Day Saints denomination.
The Book of Mormon is one of the Latter Day Saints movement’s earliest unique writings and one of four main books of the denomination.
Joseph Smith claimed that the prophet Moroni appeared to him in a vision and told him the location of the Plates of Nephi and that Smith was to translate them into English.
Look at these Book of Mormon quotes to learn more about the Latter Day Saints movement.
You will also enjoy our article on LDS quotes.
Teaching Book of Mormon quotes
Check out these teaching quotes from the Book of Mormon.
1. “Ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ.” — Enos 1:15
2. “Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him.” — Moroni 10:32
3. “O be wise; what can I say more?” — Jacob 6:12
4. “God Himself atoneth for the sins of the world, to bring about the plan of mercy.” — Alma 42:15
5. “If they humble themselves before me,… then will I make weak things become strong.” — Ether 12:27
6. “Cast about your eyes and begin to believe in the Son of God.” — Alma 33:22
7. “Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good.” — Alma 37:37
8. “I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded.” — 1 Nephi 3:7
9. “Have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually.” — Mosiah 5:2
10. “But charity is the PURE LOVE OF CHRIST, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.” — Moroni 7:47
You will also enjoy our article on religious quotes.
Book of Mormon quotes about The Book of Mormon
Here is a collection of quotes that speak about The Book of Mormon.
11. “It is not just a book about religion. It is religion.” — Robert L. Miller
12. “The violent opposition to the Book of Mormon is one of the great evidences of its divinity.” — Bruce R. McConkie
13. “We need to read daily from the pages of the book that will get a man ‘nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.’” — Ezra Taft Benson
14. “Still others accept and read it, but do not really explore and ponder it. The book is to be feasted upon, not nibbled.” — Neal A. Maxwell
15. “The Book of Mormon is tough. You may kick it around like a football, as many have done, and I promise you it will wear you out long before you ever make a dent in it.” — Hugh Nibley
16. “The scriptures are called “the words of life”, and nowhere is that more true than it is of the Book of Mormon. When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words, you will find life in greater and greater abundance.” — Ezra Taft Benson
17. “I have noted within the Church the difference in discernment, in insight, conviction, and spirit between those who know and love the Book of Mormon and those who do not. That book is a great sifter.” — Ezra Taft Benson
18. “It is not just that the Book of Mormon teaches us truth, though it indeed does that. There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book.” — Ezra Taft Benson
19. “Brothers and sisters, without reservation, I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come into your hearts an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
20. “The Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on this Earth, and the keystone of our religion and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than any other book.” — Joseph Smith
What are some of the subjects in the Book of Mormon?
The Book of Mormon discusses many subjects, such as the fall of Adam and Eve, Christian atonement, eschatology, and the nature and conduct of baptism, among many other subjects.
The book also condemns immorality, individualism, social inequality, and the rejection of God.
Share these Book of Mormon quotes with your friends interested in learning more about the Latter Day Saints movement, and post any comments about the book in the comment section below.