Conan the Barbarian Quotes to Make You Feel Powerful
April 11, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These Conan the Barbarian quotes will motivate you to be brave and strong.
Conan the Barbarian is a fictional warrior who is the hero in a trilogy of movies and a series of books.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania, consuming motivational content, such as quotes from powerful figures like Conan the Barbarian, can increase one’s self-efficacy.
This means that engaging with these quotes can help readers feel more confident and capable of achieving their goals.
In the first two films, Conan the Barbarian is portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, and in the most recent movie, he is played by Jason Momoa.
Along with starring in a trilogy of films, Conan the Barbarian is featured in several novels, video games, comics, and more.
Created by American pulp fiction writer Robert E. Howard, this beloved hero has inspired people worldwide since 1932.
Conan first appeared in the story “The Phoenix on the Sword,” published in 1932, and quickly became popular among readers.
He has been adapted into a number of different media over the years, including books, comics, films, television programs, and video games.
Perhaps the most popular adaptation is the 1982 film “Conan the Barbarian,” which starred Arnold Schwarzenegger in the title role.
Hailing from the fictional realm of Hyboria, Conan is known for his incredible strength, cunning, and bravery.
He is also a skilled swordsman and a formidable opponent in combat.
Read these Conan the Barbarian quotes to learn how to crush your enemies and live up to your full potential.
Anyone can be a hero if they believe in themselves and always strive to do the right thing.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Conan the Barbarian quotes to motivate you to be brave and strong
A survey from Pew Research Center found that 63% of Americans seek entertainment in their daily lives to manage stress.
By scrolling through Conan the Barbarian quotes, readers can indulge in a form of entertainment that can not only reduce stress but also inspire and empower them.
1. “Run from me… and I will tear apart the mountains to find you! I will follow you to Hell!” – Conan
You will also enjoy our article on famous movie quotes.
2. “That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?” – Thulsa Doom
You will also enjoy our article on Remember the Titans quotes.
3. “For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.” – Conan
You will also enjoy our article on warrior quotes.
4. “All my life I’ve been alone. Many times I’ve faced death with no one to know.” – Valeria
You will also enjoy our article on lion king quotes.
5. “I live, I love, I slay, and I am content.” – Conan
You will also enjoy our article on st therese of lisieux quotes.
6. “No man shall live in chains.” – Conan
You will also enjoy our article on new month quotes.
7. “Two snakes coming together. Facing each other… but they’re one.” – Conan
You will also enjoy our article on andrew yang quotes.
8. “Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night.” – Thulsa Doom
You will also enjoy our article on snake quotes.
9. “Steel isn’t strong, boy, flesh is stronger!” – Thulsa Doom
10. “He is Conan, Cimmerian, he won’t cry, so I cry for him.” – Subotai
Powerful Conan the Barbarian quotes
Research by Dr. James Pennebaker at the University of Texas at Austin suggests that engaging with expressive writing, which includes reading powerful and emotive quotes, can help improve mental and emotional well-being.
Therefore, going through these Conan the Barbarian quotes can contribute to better emotional health for readers.
11. “When a Cimmerian feels thirst, it is a thirst for blood. When he feels cold, it is the cold edge of steel.” – Corin
12. “I’m a wizard, mind you. This place is kept by powerful gods and spirits of kings. Harm my flesh and you will have to deal with the dead!” – The Wizard
13. “To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.” – Conan
14. “To the hellfires with Thulsa Doom. He’s evil; a sorcerer who can summon demons. His followers’ only purpose is to die in his service. Thousands of them.” – Valeria
15. “What is most important when making a sword, fire, or ice?” – Corin
16. “To be a Cimmerian warrior, you must have both cunning and balance as well as speed and strength.” – Corin
17. “You killed my mother! You killed my father, you killed my people! You took my father’s sword…” – Conan
18. “What gods do you pray to?” ― Conan
19. “Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this!” – Thulsa Doom
Conan the Barbarian quotes to fill you with strength
According to Google Trends, the interest in the search term “Conan the Barbarian quotes” has been steadily increasing over the past year.
This suggests that there is a growing interest in this topic, making it a relevant topic to share with your audience.
20. “Let’s take what we have while we live.” – Valeria
21. “Fire… and ice. That is the mystery of steel.” – Corin
22. “I wish to speak to you now. Where is the Eye of the Serpent?” – Thulsa Doom
23. “Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one’s mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.” – The Wizard
24. “Give me food, so I have strength when the wolves come. Let me die, not in hunger, but in combat!” – Subotai
25. “All the gods, they cannot sever us. If I were dead and you were still fighting for life, I’d come back from the darkness. Back from the pit of hell to fight at your side.” – Valeria
Conan Quotes To Give You Memories
A study conducted by the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology found that exposure to quotes or sayings that promote feelings of power can actually increase feelings of personal power and physical strength.
Sharing Conan the Barbarian quotes can therefore be an effective way to boost the confidence and strength of your audience.
26. “For us, there is no spring. Just blowing wind that smells fresh before an incoming storm.” — Conan
27. “(When asked “What is best in life?”) To crush your enemies, see them driven before you. Only to hear lamentations from women!” — Conan
28. “To Crom… but I’ve rarely prayed to him, he doesn’t listen.” — Conan
29. “A standard. A symbol. Perhaps on a shield. Two serpents coming together… Facing each other! But they’re one.” — Conan
30. “Our mighty Crom laughs at your Four Winds, He laughs from his mountain.” — Conan
31. “No man should live in chains.” — Conan
32. “I do not want your kingdom.” — Conan
33. “To Crom… but I seldom pray to him, he doesn’t listen.” — Conan
34. “Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain.” — Conan
35. “When a barbarian feels thirst, it is a thirst for blood.” — Conan
Conan The Barbarian Quotes To Encourage You To Be Stronger In Life
A survey by Psychology Today found that reading or hearing motivational quotes can help increase self-esteem, positive thinking, and overall mental wellbeing.
By sharing Conan the Barbarian quotes, you can help inspire and uplift your audience.
26. “There is always a way, if the desire be coupled with courage,” answered the Cimmerian” ― Robert E. Howard
27. “In the old free days all I wanted was a sharp sword and a straight path to my enemies. Now no paths are straight and my sword is useless.” ― Robert E. Howard
28. “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” ― Robert E. Howard
29. “For no one—no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.” — Conan’s Father
30. “the mere fact of a black figure racing across the landscape carrying a white captive was bizarre enough,” ― Robert E. Howard
31. “He was like a tiger among baboons as he leaped, side-stepped and spun, offering an ever-moving target, while his ax wove a shining wheel of death about him.” ― Robert E. Howard
32. “Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarism must ultimately triumph” — Robert E. Howard.
33. “They’ll pay for it in blood and shattered bones, woman!” — Conan the Barbarian
34. “A man needs no memory — only a soul — to know that this is not right!” — Conan the Barbarian
35. “A good sword is like a fine horse. The man who treats it with care… will outlive the fool who doesn’t. remember that, Conn.” — King Conan
What are your favorite Conan the Barbarian quotes about what is best in life?
Conan is a Cimmerian, which means he lives in the fictional time period of The Hyborian Age, created by writer Robert E. Howard in the Conan the Barbarian books.
When this character was adapted for films, his already huge fanbase got even larger.
Are you a Conan the Barbarian fan?
Whether you know the hero as Conan the Barbarian, Conan the Destroyer, or Conan the Cimmerian, there are many lessons that can be learned from this protagonist.
There are tons of inspirational quotes and motivational lines in all of the Conan the Barbarian movies.
If you’re interested in heroic feats of bravery, you will love these courageous Conan the Barbarian lines.
What are your favorite Conan the Barbarian quotes and sayings about how to crush your enemies?
Let us know in the comment section below.
January 16, 2023 at 2:59 PM
… that one has stayed with me for years…
September 2, 2022 at 8:40 AM
Where is the line from the king, John Millus?
“There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father’s love for his child.”
This is my favorite quote. It is truly what matters most in life.