These Steven Furtick quotes will motivate you to live your best life.
Steven Furtick is a young pastor who helped found Elevation Church. Critics of Steven called him ‘unqualified,’ which led to his book titled, (Un) Qualified: How God Uses Broken People to Do Big Things.
Furtick holds a Master’s in Divinity degree from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, so I am not quite sure why the critics think his knowledge in biblical matters is lacking.
Not only did Furtick start Elevation Church, but he helped it grow into the mega-church it has become. The church uses streaming technology, television, and music (much of it written by Steven) to reach its members.
Many of these Steven Furtick quotes come from his music, his books, or his sermons.
Don’t forget to also check out these spiritual quotes about inner peace and love.
Steven Furtick quotes about fear and anxiety
1. “Every heart has an atmosphere. What is the atmosphere of your heart? Nothing good develops in an atmosphere of anxiety.” ― Steven Furtick
2. “Whatever the what-if is, as quickly as I can, I must assess the nature of the fear. What, specifically, am I so afraid of?” ― Steven Furtick
3. “What are you forfeiting in your life—right now—because of the force of fear pushing against your faith? Because you’re listening to the wrong voice?” ― Steven Furtick
4. “Pushing through fear is less frightening than living with the underlying fear that comes from a feeling of helplessness.” ― Steven Furtick
5. “Being brave doesn’t mean we have no fear – it means we refuse to be overcome by it.” ― Steven Furtick
6. “You can’t be afraid to stare into the pupils of the possibility of pain and see it for what it is.” ― Steven Furtick
7. “What do you do when your greatest accomplishments lead you straight down the path of an even greater fear?” ― Steven Furtick
8. “Because fear often finds its power, not in our actual situation, but in what we tell ourselves about our situation.” ― Steven Furtick
9. “The goal of faith isn’t to take away your fears but to leverage those fears to create bolder belief.” ― Steven Furtick
10. “Don’t you dare let the magnitude of your fears send you back to dry land.” ― Steven Furtick
Inspiring Steven Furtick Quotes
11. “If you want to change the direction of your life, change the declaration of your lips.” ― Steven Furtick
12. “The reason why we struggle with insecurity is that we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” ― Steven Furtick
13. “The death of contentment is comparison.” ― Steven Furtick
14. “Would have. Could have. Should have. This is the language of condemnation underscored by the passivity of regret. It’s a dead language.” ― Steven Furtick
15. “Today’s excuses are tomorrow’s regrets dressed in disguise.” ― Steven Furtick
16. “Be governed by your calling, not your circumstance.” ― Steven Furtick
17. “Enjoy the journey, because the destination is a mirage.” ― Steven Furtick
18. “Gratitude begins where our sense of entitlement ends.” ― Steven Furtick
19. “I’m not raising my kids to survive the world. I’m raising them to change it.” ― Steven Furtick
20. “Perfectionism is the enemy of progress.” ― Steven Furtick
Steven Furtick quotes about God and faith
21. “Great moves of God are usually preceded by simple acts of obedience.” ― Steven Furtick
22. “It shouldn’t freak you out to realize that God’s eyes are on you. Because He doesn’t see you through eyes of disapproval or disappointment. His presence is not a sign of condemnation. It’s actually an invitation. God is present with you, through His Holy Spirit, because He intends to uproot you from the tyranny of the familiar, shatter the monotonous life you’ve had. And take you on an adventure.” ― Steven Furtick
23. “One of the Enemy’s most effective strategies is to get you to focus on what you don’t have, what you used to have, or what someone else has that you wish you had. He does this to keep you from looking around and asking, “God, what can You do through what I have?” ― Steven Furtick
24. “Jesus will always move away from religious drama and toward the needs of people who are hurting. Jesus will always go out of his way to find and minister to people who others will go out of their way to avoid. I love him for that.” ― Steven Furtick
25. “My joy is not determined by what happens to me, but what Christ is doing in me and through me.” ― Steven Furtick
26. “I don’t believe God’s called me to survive the world but to change it for His glory.” ― Steven Furtick
27. “God guarantees that His Word will not return void. He doesn’t guarantee that the return will be immediate. Keep sowing!” ― Steven Furtick
28. “When your perspective is preloaded with the Word of God, lies lose their power over your life.” ― Steven Furtick
29. “If God always met our expectations, He’d never be able to exceed them.” ― Steven Furtick
30. “Stop waiting for what you want and start working what you have. This can turn your greatest frustration into your greatest potential innovation. If you’ll do your part, God will begin to do what only He can do: He’ll make your box bigger.” ― Steven Furtick
31. “Every second you spend wishing God would take away a struggle is a forfeited opportunity to overcome.” ― Steven Furtick
32. “Prayer is the arena where our faith meets God’s abilities.” ― Steven Furtick
Steven Furtick Quotes about audacity and leaving your comfort zone
33. “Audacious faith is not passive. Neither is audacious prayer. Every aspiration you have in prayer needs an accompanying action. Otherwise, you’re not really praying. You’re just pontificating. You do the natural. Trust God for the super.” ― Steven Furtick
34. “You can’t fulfill your calling in your comfort zone!” ― Steven Furtick
35. “Audacious faith is the raw material that authentic Christianity is made of. It’s the stuff that triggers ordinarily level-headed people like you and me to start living with unusual boldness.” ― Steven Furtick
36. “Audacious vision never cowers in the darkness.” ― Steven Furtick
37. “Audacity is not an activity. Audacity is an approach.” ― Steven Furtick
38. “When you know who you are, you will know what to do.” ― Steven Furtick
39. “If the size of your vision for your life isn’t intimidating to you, there’s a good chance it’s insulting to God.” ― Steven Furtick
40. “When you have a dream in your heart, but no earthly idea how to make it happen, keeping your faith intact is a full-time job.” ― Steven Furtick
Your inner critic, pride, and sense of self quotes by Steven Furtick
41. “The voice you believe will determine the future you experience.” ― Steven Furtick
42. “I have nothing to prove because I am already approved.” ― Steven Furtick
43. “Winning the war of words inside your soul means learning to defy your inner critic.” ― Steven Furtick
44. “At some point, we all have to get over our pride and own our deficiencies and dependencies.” ― Steven Furtick
45. “It’s easy to criticize context (circumstances and situation) you’ve never experienced.” ― Steven Furtick
46. “But we must develop the habit of separating our sense of worth from our appraisal of our behavior.” ― Steven Furtick
47. “What matters most is not what I think I am or am not. What matters is what my Father sees in me and what He says about me.” ― Steven Furtick
48. “When you know the builder, you can have complete confidence in the quality of his work.” ― Steven Furtick
49. “If you’ve ever been frustrated by your failures or exasperated by your weaknesses, this book is for you.” ― Steven Furtick
50. “When we allow our thoughts to go unchecked, a steady drip of lies cements the wrong patterns within our minds, building a Berlin Wall of bad beliefs.” ― Steven Furtick
What did you learn from these Steven Furtick quotes?
One thing people find appealing about Elevation Church is that you can stream the sermon from your home and watch it whenever you feel the need to.
Steven said he felt called to start a ministry in a major city after reading Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire. The book by Jim Cymbala is about what happens to people when God’s spirit invades their hearts.
Furtick seems to have taken his message seriously and is known for being generous with the church and its members. Back in 2007, the church gave away $40,000 to its members and asked them to spend it doing kind things for others.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Steven Furtick quotes and sayings? What do you think of Furtick’s work? Leave it in the comments below.
November 25, 2020 7:00 AM EST