These Steven Furtick quotes will motivate you to live your best life.
Steven Furtick is a young pastor who helped found Elevation Church.
Critics of Steven called him ‘unqualified,’ which led to his book titled, (Un) Qualified: How God Uses Broken People to Do Big Things.
Furtick holds a Master’s in Divinity degree from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, so I am not quite sure why the critics think his knowledge in biblical matters is lacking.
Not only did Furtick start Elevation Church, but he helped it grow into the mega-church it has become.
The church uses streaming technology, television, and music (much of it written by Steven) to reach its members.
Many of these Steven Furtick quotes come from his music, his books, or his sermons.
Don’t forget to also check out these spiritual quotes about inner peace and love.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Steven Furtick quotes about fear and anxiety
1. “What do you do when your greatest accomplishments lead you straight down the path of an even greater fear?” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: What do you do? Some people suffer from fear of success instead of fear of failure for this reason. We avoid going after the things we want because they put us on the path of something we fear. Be brave. Go after your goals and face your fears!
2. “Whatever the what-if is, as quickly as I can, I must assess the nature of the fear. What, specifically, am I so afraid of?” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Name your emotions and your fears. It makes it much easier to face them when you can fully understand them. What better way to do that then look your fears in the face and acknowledge why they scare you. Take that knowledge and put yourself into motion by taking actions.
3. “What are you forfeiting in your life—right now—because of the force of fear pushing against your faith? Because you’re listening to the wrong voice?” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: We should always take a moment and think about this. Instead of looking at what we have to lose, ask yourself what you have to gain. What are you forfeiting in your life? What do you need to do to live the life you want? Follow that voice!
4. “You can’t be afraid to stare into the pupils of the possibility of pain and see it for what it is.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Look your fears, and the things that could hurt you, right in the eye. Give them a name, and recognize what is holding you back. Then you will be able to choose whether you take the leap or sit back.
You will also enjoy our article on anxiety quotes.
5. “Being brave doesn’t mean we have no fear – it means we refuse to be overcome by it.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: These words are simple and profound. If we had no fear, then we couldn’t be brave. Bravery comes from facing your obstacle despite the fact that it scares the hell out of you. But you show up, you face your demons, and you take action because you will not let your fear beat you. That is brave.
6. “Pushing through fear is less frightening than living with the underlying fear that comes from a feeling of helplessness.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Ask yourself what is the worst thing that could happen, and then come up with a plan of what you would do if it did happen? Face your fears, by reframing your thoughts and knowing how you would solve the problem. Don’t go through every possible what if, just pick the one that scares you the most. Having a solution will remind you that you are not helpless.
7. “Every heart has an atmosphere. What is the atmosphere of your heart? Nothing good develops in an atmosphere of anxiety.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Just like the atmosphere of Earth meets the needs of life, the atmosphere of your heart must also serve your needs. Fill your heart with gratitude, love, forgiveness, and empathy and you will be amazed at what that atmosphere is capable of growing!
8. “Because fear often finds its power, not in our actual situation, but in what we tell ourselves about our situation.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: The thoughts we tell ourselves matter. They impact how we feel, what we believe, and how we react. Most people tend to look at situations from the perspective of “what might I lose.” Looking at a scary situation from the perspective of “what might I gain” can help make all the difference!
9. “The goal of faith isn’t to take away your fears but to leverage those fears to create bolder belief.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Faith helps a lot of people live a purposeful life. That bold belief helps them focus, cope, and dream. Even if you are not a religious or spiritual person you can learn to leverage your fears to create a bolder belief in your own self-wroth and capability. Do not let fear hold you back!
10. “Don’t you dare let the magnitude of your fears send you back to dry land.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Be bold and be brave. Strike out on an adventure into the unknown. Dry land might be what you know, but the sea offers many beauties that you will never see from the shore!
Inspiring Steven Furtick Quotes
11. “If you want to change the direction of your life, change the declaration of your lips.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Words matter whether they are spoken to someone else or in our own heads. Do your words and your actions align? You can not just speak about something without making changes and taking action to make it happen!
12. “The reason why we struggle with insecurity is that we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: When you look at someone who is successful or has gotten to the point you are working to get to, just remember you didn’t witness their struggle. Walt Disney’s idea for Mickey Mouse and the theme parks was rejected over 300 times by bankers and financiers. Stephen King’s first published novel (Carrie) was rejected over 30 times before a publisher picked it up. Keep going!
13. “The death of contentment is comparison.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Another way of saying this is the popular quote, “Comparison is the thief of joy.” Comparing yourself to others diverts your focus. It also leads to resentment. You don’t need that. Take your energy and dedicate yourself to measuring your own progress. Are you further along than you were yesterday. What have you done today to move yourself forward?
14. “Would have. Could have. Should have. This is the language of condemnation underscored by the passivity of regret. It’s a dead language.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Taking these phrases out of your vocabulary will improve your life immensely! Replace them with “I will” and “I can.” There is nothing you can do to change the past, so regret is a waste of your energy. Focus on what you can do in the moment and the future.
15. “Today’s excuses are tomorrow’s regrets dressed in disguise.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: There is always going to be a reason why you “can’t” do something. Maybe you think you are too busy, not smart enough, or not capable. However, none of that is true. Everyone has the same amount of hours in a day. People can learn new skills. You are more capable than you think. Don’t miss out on opportunities you will regret not taking out of fear. Just go for it!
16. “Be governed by your calling, not your circumstance.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: What fills you with purpose and meaning? When you are happiest, what are you doing? Often, we can not control the circumstances in which we find ourselves. That doesn’t mean that you can not change those circumstances though. believe in yourself and what your purpose is, focus on the positive, and be brave enough to chase your dreams. Keep going.
17. “Enjoy the journey, because the destination is a mirage.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Often when we first set out on a goal it is one of two things. It might be the biggest dream we could dream at the time. However, as you get working on it and more and more things fall into place, you realize that you set the goal post too close! There is so much more you can do. Or, we set the goal so high that we miss all we have achieved because we have yet to reach the finish line. Either way… the end is a mirage. What matters is who you become along the way and how you react.
18. “Gratitude begins where our sense of entitlement ends.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: What does it really mean to be entitled? The definition of the word is “having a right to certain benefits or privileges.” Everyone should have the same set of basic human rights, we do deserve that. However, when you are able to express gratitude for things like being alive, witnessing the monumental moment the sun rises, or the complex simplicity of nature your mental attitude shifts.
19. “I’m not raising my kids to survive the world. I’m raising them to change it.” ― Steven Furtick
20. “Perfectionism is the enemy of progress.” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: There is no such thing as perfection. If you are waiting on your work, project, or art form to be perfect before taking a step to do something, then you will be waiting a while. Your need for perfectionism will hold you back from completing anything. Do your best work, and then let it go out into the world. Progress is better than perfection.
Steven Furtick quotes about God and faith
21. “Great moves of God are usually preceded by simple acts of obedience.” ― Steven Furtick
22. “It shouldn’t freak you out to realize that God’s eyes are on you. Because He doesn’t see you through eyes of disapproval or disappointment. His presence is not a sign of condemnation. It’s actually an invitation. God is present with you, through His Holy Spirit, because He intends to uproot you from the tyranny of the familiar, shatter the monotonous life you’ve had. And take you on an adventure.” ― Steven Furtick
23. “One of the Enemy’s most effective strategies is to get you to focus on what you don’t have, what you used to have, or what someone else has that you wish you had. He does this to keep you from looking around and asking, “God, what can You do through what I have?” ― Steven Furtick
24. “Jesus will always move away from religious drama and toward the needs of people who are hurting. Jesus will always go out of his way to find and minister to people who others will go out of their way to avoid. I love him for that.” ― Steven Furtick
25. “My joy is not determined by what happens to me, but what Christ is doing in me and through me.” ― Steven Furtick
26. “I don’t believe God’s called me to survive the world but to change it for His glory.” ― Steven Furtick
27. “God guarantees that His Word will not return void. He doesn’t guarantee that the return will be immediate. Keep sowing!” ― Steven Furtick
28. “When your perspective is preloaded with the Word of God, lies lose their power over your life.” ― Steven Furtick
29. “If God always met our expectations, He’d never be able to exceed them.” ― Steven Furtick
30. “Stop waiting for what you want and start working what you have. This can turn your greatest frustration into your greatest potential innovation. If you’ll do your part, God will begin to do what only He can do: He’ll make your box bigger.” ― Steven Furtick
31. “Every second you spend wishing God would take away a struggle is a forfeited opportunity to overcome.” ― Steven Furtick
32. “Prayer is the arena where our faith meets God’s abilities.” ― Steven Furtick
Steven Furtick Quotes about audacity and leaving your comfort zone
33. “Audacious faith is not passive. Neither is audacious prayer. Every aspiration you have in prayer needs an accompanying action. Otherwise, you’re not really praying. You’re just pontificating. You do the natural. Trust God for the super.” ― Steven Furtick
34. “You can’t fulfill your calling in your comfort zone!” ― Steven Furtick
Everyday Application: Do you know what your calling is? How are you going to go out there and make it happen? Chances are that you will have to learn something new, improve existing skills, and make some life changing decisions to reach your calling. This means you are going to have to step outside your comfort zone and take some risks.
35. “Audacious faith is the raw material that authentic Christianity is made of. It’s the stuff that triggers ordinarily level-headed people like you and me to start living with unusual boldness.” ― Steven Furtick
36. “Audacious vision never cowers in the darkness.” ― Steven Furtick
37. “Audacity is not an activity. Audacity is an approach.” ― Steven Furtick
38. “When you know who you are, you will know what to do.” ― Steven Furtick
39. “If the size of your vision for your life isn’t intimidating to you, there’s a good chance it’s insulting to God.” ― Steven Furtick
40. “When you have a dream in your heart, but no earthly idea how to make it happen, keeping your faith intact is a full-time job.” ― Steven Furtick
Your inner critic, pride, and sense of self quotes by Steven Furtick
41. “The voice you believe will determine the future you experience.” ― Steven Furtick
42. “I have nothing to prove because I am already approved.” ― Steven Furtick
43. “Winning the war of words inside your soul means learning to defy your inner critic.” ― Steven Furtick
44. “At some point, we all have to get over our pride and own our deficiencies and dependencies.” ― Steven Furtick
45. “It’s easy to criticize context (circumstances and situation) you’ve never experienced.” ― Steven Furtick
46. “But we must develop the habit of separating our sense of worth from our appraisal of our behavior.” ― Steven Furtick
47. “What matters most is not what I think I am or am not. What matters is what my Father sees in me and what He says about me.” ― Steven Furtick
48. “When you know the builder, you can have complete confidence in the quality of his work.” ― Steven Furtick
49. “If you’ve ever been frustrated by your failures or exasperated by your weaknesses, this book is for you.” ― Steven Furtick
50. “When we allow our thoughts to go unchecked, a steady drip of lies cements the wrong patterns within our minds, building a Berlin Wall of bad beliefs.” ― Steven Furtick
More Steven Furtick quotes and sayings
51. “If we have the audacity to ask, God has the ability to perform.” – Steven Furtick
52. “Accepting God’s acceptance of me doesn’t mean I’m going to stop trying. It means I’m going to stop trying out. And I am intentionally redirecting my obsession.” – Steven Furtick
53. “God knows everything about you including the ugly parts, the broken parts, and the dysfunctional parts yet he still believes in you. He still has a future and hope for you.” – Steven Furtick
54. “The more deeply we reinforce our identity in Christ, the more fortified we will be against the onslaught of opposing voices in our lives.” – Steven Furtick
55. “People don’t believe what you tell them. They rarely believe what you show them. They often believe what their friends tell them. They always believe what they tell themselves.” – Steven Furtick
56. “God performs the most impressive feats through the most unimpressive people.” – Steven Furtick
57. “The Enemy can’t keep you from being who God says you are. But he can blind you from realizing who God says you are.” – Steven Furtick
58. “God gives people the exact experiences he wants them to have in order to shape the specific destiny he’s designed for them.” – Steven Furtick
59. “You have a personal birthright to believe in a God-given mission for your life.” – Steven Furtick
60. “The only force in the world powerful enough to overtake fear is the full-grown love of God.” – Steven Furtick
What did you learn from these Steven Furtick quotes?
One thing people find appealing about Elevation Church is that you can stream the sermon from your home and watch it whenever you feel the need to.
Steven said he felt called to start a ministry in a major city after reading Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire.
The book by Jim Cymbala is about what happens to people when God’s spirit invades their hearts.
Furtick seems to have taken his message seriously and is known for being generous with the church and its members.
Back in 2007, the church gave away $40,000 to its members and asked them to spend it doing kind things for others.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Steven Furtick quotes and sayings?
What do you think of Furtick’s work?
Leave it in the comments below.