Our grandparents are some of the most important people in our lives.
These grandparents quotes show exactly the impact they can have on a child’s life.
Grandparents are loving and wise, often viewed as superheroes in the eyes of young children.
Regardless of whether you are the parent or the child, there is much to learn from the grandparents in our lives.
So, what can grandparents show us?
Grandparents are vessels of joy.
They spoil their grandchildren, they love them unconditionally, and most importantly, they show them the magic of the world.
These grandparents quotes will bring this love to the page, showing all the ways grandparents are truly little kids at heart, which is why they make such great best friends for their grandkids.
We also have a collection of great grandma quotes that prove she’s your biggest fan.
Be sure to read those as well.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Grandparents Quotes for Grandchildren
1.) “Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.” – Lois Wyse
You will also enjoy our article on family quotes.
2.) “On the seventh day God rested. His grandchildren must have been out of town.” – Gene Perret
3.) “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” –Ogden Nash
4. “Kids in a home with grandparents are healthier.” – Dan Buettner
5.) “Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand-angels.” – Lexie Saige
6.) “If God had intended us to follow recipes, He wouldn’t have given us grandmothers.” – Linda Henley
7.) “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.” – Joyce Allston
8.) “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu
9.) “Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers.” – Lewis Mumford
10.) “As you are now so once were we.” – James Joyce
11.) “What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars’ worth of pleasure.” – Gene Perret
12.) “They say genes skip generations. Maybe that’s why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable.” – Joan McIntosh
13.) “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” – Alex Haley
14.) “One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.” – Joy Hargrove
Don’t forget to also check out these wise grandpa quotes.
Grandparents Quotes About Unconditional Love
15.) “Young people need something stable to hang on to—a culture connection, a sense of their own past, a hope for their own future. Most of all, they need what grandparents can give them.” – Jay Kesler
16.) “What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.” – Rudy Giuliani
17.) “Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.” – Doug Larson
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love these mother daughter quotes expressing unconditional love
18.) “You are the sun, Grandma, you are the sun in my life.” – Kitty Tsui
19.) “Truth be told, being a grandma is as close as we ever get to perfection. The ultimate warm sticky bun with plump raisins and nuts. Clouds nine, ten, and eleven.” – Bryan Nelson Patson
20.) “If your baby is ‘beautiful and perfect, never cries of fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time,’ you’re the grandma.” –Teresa Bloomingdale
21.) “If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it.” – Hannah Whithall Smith
22.) “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.” – Lois Wyse
Grandparents Quotes About the Value of Family
23.) “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” – Italian Proverb
24.) “Every house needs a grandmother in it.” – Louisa May Alcott
25.) “Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother.” – Edward H Dreschnack
26.) “The old are the precious gem in the center of the household.” – Chinese Proverb
27.) “Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all.” – Fanny Fern
28.) “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent that is to triumph over old age.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
29.) “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” – Marjory Barslow-Greenbie
30.) “Some of the world’s best educators are grandparents.” – Dr. Charlie W Shedd
31.) “Grandparents should play the same role in the family as an elder statesman can in the government of a country. They have the experience and knowledge that comes from surviving a great many years of life’s battles and the wisdom, hopefully, to recognize hope.” – Geoff Dench
32.) “We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me.” – Phyllis Theroux
33.) “The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children’s children. Is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone. It is in us that their history becomes a future.” – Charles and Ann Morse
34.) “No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.” – Unknown
35.) “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” – Sam Levenson
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of parents quotes about family and support.
36.) “Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old.” –Mary H Waldrip
Grandparents Quotes to Make Everything Better
37.) “Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete.” – Macy DeMaree
38.) “There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson.” – Victor Hugo
39.) “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next, you are all-wise and prehistoric.” – Pam Brown
40.) “Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild and or a grandparent.” – Donalid A Norber
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.
41.) “There is nothing more wonderful than the love and guidance a grandparent can give his or her grandchild.” – Edward Fays
42.) “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ‘boo.’” – Robert Brault
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mother and son quotes that put words to this unbreakable bond.
43.) “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.” – Charles and Ann Morse
Grandparents quotes on why it’s awesome to have one
44.) “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.” – Ellen DeGeneres
45.) “I’m made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They’re in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I’m made up of everyone I’ve ever met who’s changed the way I think.” – Terry Pratchett
46.) “The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy.” – Sam Levenson
47.) “I phoned my grandparents and my grandfather said ‘We saw your movie.’ ‘Which one?’ I said. He shouted ‘Betty, what was the name of that movie I didn’t like?” – Brad Pitt
48.) “I think the great thing about grandparents is seeing another home, realising that people you love can have different priorities, different diversions, different opinions and lead quite different lives from the ones you see every day, and that is immensely valuable.” – Simon Hoggart
49.) “Being pregnant is the most natural thing our bodies can do. Our grandparents did it without all these books, and they came out okay.” – Jamie-Lynn Sigler
50.) “I tried when I was 13, when my grandparents gave me an acoustic guitar, and I tried for a year. It hurt so much to play. I mean, the fingertips hurt so much, I gave up.” – Eric Clapton
51.) “They are our future, and we must have a dialogue. This dialogue between the past and the future is important. Because of this I underline so much the relationship between the youth and grandparents.” – Pope Francis
52.) “It’s funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you’d do. It’s terrific.” – Mike Krzyzewski
53.) “Why do grandparents and grandchildren get along so well? They have the same enemy—the mother.” – Claudette Colbert
Grandparents quotes on their impact to the youth
54. “My activism did not spring from my being gay, or, for that matter, from my being black. Rather, it is rooted fundamentally in my Quaker upbringing and the values that were instilled in me by my grandparents who reared me.” – Bayard Rustin
55. “Because (grandparents) are usually free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them, they can often reach out past pride and fear of failure and close the space between generations.” – Jimmy Carter
56. “The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods.” – Dave Barry
57. “I was brought up by my grandparents. So people go, ‘Oh, what was that like? That must have been hard.’ And you go: ‘No, it wasn’t.’ It was just completely actually normal because the new norm seems to be whatever you make of it, doesn’t it? – James McAvoy
58. “I grew up with my grandparents around. I think that’s important for a child. If for no other reason than to hear stories about their parents when they were children.” – Al Roker
59. “We hear lots of stories where grandparents go to a store and buy a smartphone so they can keep in touch with kids and grandkids.” – Jan Koum
60. “The idea that no one is perfect is a view most commonly held by people with no grandchildren.” – Doug Larson
61. “Being pretty on the inside means you don’t hit your brother and you eat all your peas – that’s what my grandma taught me.” – Lord Chesterfield
62. “My Grandmother would say, ‘Make sure you look good. Make sure you speak well. Make sure you remain that Southern gentleman that I’ve taught you to be.” – Jamie Foxx
You might also like these wise getting older quotes that will make you embrace the beauty in aging.
63.) “Children brought up by their grandparents are generally spoiled.” –Spanish Proverb
64.) “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” – Unknown
65.) “Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies.” – Unknown
66.) “The best place to be when you’re sad is grandpa’s lap.” – Unknown
67.) “Grandfathers are just antique little boys.” – Unknown
68.) “A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.” – Unknown
69.) “Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories and love.” – Unknown
70.) “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” – Unknown
71.) “Grandfathers are for loving and fixing things.” – Unknown
72.) “A grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside.” –Unknown
73.) “Grandmas don’t just say ‘that’s nice’—they reel back and roll their eyes and throw up their hands and smile. You get your money’s worth out of grandmas.” – Unknown
74.) “It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother—that’s why the world calls her grandmother.” – Unknown
Grandparents Quotes To Celebrate Their Role
75. “Grandparents enjoy the company of their grandchildren. For with them, they experience the miracle of being 10 again.” — Meeta Ahluwalia
76. “I feel like my grandparents and parents gave me a tremendous amount. And if I can pass some of that on, then I’ll be very happy.” — Caroline Kennedy
77. “Varicose veins are the result of an improper selection of grandparents.” — William Osler
78. “Going to see my grandparents was the highlight of my childhood summers. I was doted upon, admired, entertained, and overfed. I was never more content and happy.” — Carolyn Anthony
79. “If we’re to be judged by our parents and grandparents, then we all may as well impale ourselves upon bits of rock.” — Kristin Cashore
80. “In some respects, generations rebelling against their parents result in resemblance to their grandparents.” — Criss Jami
81. “In this huge old occidental culture, our teaching elders are books. Books are our grandparents!” — Gary Snyder
82. “Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping; they called it ‘opportunity.’” — Charles J. Sykes
83. “For grandparents, a baby represents them, their hopes and their desires for the future.” — Apollo
84. “In order to influence a child, one must be careful not to be that child’s parent or grandparent.” — Don Marquis
Grandparents Quotes to Forever be in Our Hearts
85. “Grandpa … was ever ready to cheer and help me, ever sure that I was a remarkable specimen. He was a dear old man who asked little from life and got less.” — Miles Franklin
86. “Eating cookies that you bake with your grandmother is one of the greatest social steps one must experience in order to grow up into a decent world citizen, in my opinion.” — Roseanne Barr
87. “You know when grandparents get older and they can’t do things for themselves anymore? I’m gonna struggle with that. Because I hate depending on people to do anything for me.” — Blake Griffin
88. “It took me a long time to get used to the reality that my grandmother had passed away. Wherever I was, in the house, in the garden, out on the fields, her face always appeared so clearly to me.” — Quang Nhuong Huynh
89. “I am impressed by how much of my grandparent’s life depended on continuities, contacts, connections, friendships, and blood relationships.” — Wallace Stegner
90. “I enjoyed my grandparents very much. My mother and father would always allow me to stay with them.” — Dominic Chianese
91. “If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can.” — Regina Brett
92. “A grandparent will help you with your buttons, your zippers, and your shoelaces and not be in any hurry for you to grow up.” — Erma Bombeck
93. “A grandparent will accept your calls from anywhere, collect.” — Erma Bombeck
94. “The baby boomers owe a big debt of gratitude to the parents and grandparents – who we haven’t given enough credit to anyway – for giving us another generation.” — Steven Spielberg
Which of these grandparents quotes is your favorite?
Our grandparents are known for bringing endless joy to our lives.
These grandparents quotes show this joy, along with their innate wisdom and playfulness.
Grandparents are here to show their grandchildren why this new world they’re in is so wonderful.
What can we learn from our grandparents?
Our grandparents show us to make good mischief, to laugh, and to love, even when we’re sad.
Our grandparents are the all-seeing wise of the family.
Grandchildren and their parents have a lot to look up to.
Grandparents are often seen as superheroes, angels, and children at heart.
They have the power to make everybody’s lives beautiful, and love unconditionally, making their families lives better for it.
Did you enjoy these grandparents quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.