25 Craig Sager Quotes From The Iconic Sports Reporter
August 9, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These Craig Sager quotes will give you a deeper appreciation for the beautiful life you lead.
Craig Sager was a sports reporter who had a zest for life and a passion for happiness.
He covered a wide range of sports on CNN, TBS, and TNT up until his death in 2016.
After Craig Sager was diagnosed with leukemia, he inspired many people around the world with his bravery and optimism.
If you know someone who has been impacted by cancer, share these inspirational quotes with them to uplift their spirit.
The legacy of Craig Sager lives on in the hearts and minds of sports fans everywhere.
He was beloved not only as a reporter but also as a family man and as an insightful speaker.
These Craig Sager quotes highlight his wit, wisdom, and determination.
Don’t forget to also check out these Jack London quotes about life and death.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Craig Sager quotes about life, death, and cancer
1. “Sports are supposed to be fun, and so I have fun with the way I dress.” ― Craig Sager
You will also enjoy our article on fighting cancer quotes.
2. “I will live my life full of love and full of fun. It’s the only way I know how.” ― Craig Sager
3. “The way you think influences the way you feel, and the way you feel determines how you act.” ― Craig Sager
4. “I will continue to keep fighting, sucking the marrow out of life as life sucks the marrow out of me.” ― Craig Sager
5. “If you’re running around with a negative attitude all the time, you’re going to feel down; you’re going to have negative results.” ― Craig Sager
6. “What is time, really? When you are diagnosed with a terminal disease like cancer or leukemia, your perception of time changes.” ― Craig Sager
7. “I always see the glass half full. I see the beauty in others, and I see the hope for tomorrow. If we don’t have hope and faith, we have nothing.” ― Craig Sager
8. “Everyone has to face obstacles. Everybody has to face hurdles. It’s what you do with those that determines how successful you’re going to be.” ― Craig Sager
9. “Time is something that cannot be bought; it cannot be wagered with God, and it is not in endless supply, Time is simply how you live your life.” ― Craig Sager
10. “If I’ve learned anything through all of this, it’s that each and every day is a canvas waiting to be painted – an opportunity for love, for fun, for living, for learning.” ― Craig Sager
Craig Sager quotes that will make appreciate life
11. “Sports are in my soul. That’s what drives me.” ― Craig Sager
12. “If I missed a game, that meant I was losing the battle. I’m not going to let leukemia affect me.” ― Craig Sager
13. “Hope is not just… out in the sky, or accepting the facts or reality. Hope is having optimistic, positive expectations.” ― Craig Sager
14. “I have wrestled gators in Florida. I have sailed the ocean with Ted Turner. I have swam the oceans in the Caribbean.” ― Craig Sager
15. “I think my demise has been prematurely reported. That’s what I think. I think I’m going take this and make medical history, and I really believe that.” ― Craig Sager
16. “Whatever I might have imagined a terminal diagnosis would do to my spirit, it summoned quite the opposite – the greatest appreciation for life itself. So I will never give up, and I will never give in.” ― Craig Sager
17. “So many times, when you’re doing a job, you feel like you’re a nuisance at times to people, intruding on their space when you ask them questions; maybe they don’t want to deal with you at the time.” ― Craig Sager
18. “When doctors tell you that your only hope for survival is 14 straight days of intense chemotherapy, 24 hours a day, you sit there, and you count down the 336 hours. You see, each day is a blessing.” ― Craig Sager
19. “I don’t know how much time I have left, and there are certain things I’d like to do. I’ve got five kids. Kacy, the oldest, I’d like to see her be happy and fulfilled with her dreams. I want Junior, who gave me the two transplants, I want him to find his niche; I know he’s going to make a very big impact someday.” ― Craig Sager
20. “In 1974 when I was 22 years old, I was working for $95 a week at WSPB, which was an Atlanta Braves-affiliated AM radio station in Sarasota, Florida. Fresh out of Northwestern University, I was the news director at the station, and my main bread and butter was to handle updates during the morning and afternoon drive times.” ― Craig Sager
Craig Sager quotes that will change the way you think
21. “I can’t even use a can opener. I’m mechanically challenged. I ripped off two thumbnails trying to change kids’ bicycle chains.” ― Craig Sager
22. “As a young boy, I had the usual hobbies – sports, baseball cards, model airplanes, and trains. But I always had a distinct fascination with trains.” ― Craig Sager
23. “People come up to me and say somebody in their family has cancer, and we appreciate what you do, and we appreciate your fight and don’t give up, we love your attitude.” ― Craig Sager
24. “Sarasota in 1974 was a city of 46,459 people, the 73rd-largest market in the country and sixth-largest in Florida, according to Arbitron Ratings. To supplement my meager salary, I was a bartender at Big Daddy’s on St. Armand’s Circle and a sailing instructor at nearby Lido Beach.” ― Craig Sager
25. “I’ve had every chemo in the alphabet, most of them more than once. Some of them that aren’t even in the alphabet, they’re just numbers – clinical trials. But I bet if you added all those up, it would have to be like 60- or 70-something. I’ve had 23 bone marrow aspirations. Having one isn’t fun and I’ve had 23. So that’s been tough.” ― Craig Sager
What are your favorite Craig Sager quotes about life and death?
Cancer is a devastating illness that impacts countless people around the world.
Whether you have personally been diagnosed with cancer or you know someone else who has, you will love this collection of the best Craig Sager quotes.
Read these words of wisdom for encouragement, guidance, and hope.
Craig Sager lived a life filled with happiness and success.
He was proud of his career and of his family.
These quotes highlight the most important aspects of life.
As you read these inspirational quotes, remember to always be grateful for the blessings that you have.
Share the quotes with someone who could use some positivity in their life.
What are your favorite Craig Sager quotes and sayings about cancer, life, and death?
Let us know in the comment section below.