Check out these inspirational Da Baby quotes!
Da Baby is a Grammy-nominated hip-hop artist from Charlotte, North Carolina.
With his rapid-fire flow and bone-crushing production, he has taken the rap game by the horns and put his city on the map.
Tell us your favorite Da Baby quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Da Baby quotes?
However, there is more than meets the eye regarding Jonathan Lyndale Kirk.
He has had a string of public encounters that have turned violent, leading some to speculate that he is a man looking for trouble.
However, he sees it differently, noting that he is “one of the most laid-back, coolest people you’ll ever meet.”
Whatever your view or opinion is on Da Baby, one thing is for certain.
He has undeniably reached a level of success as an artist and businessperson.
Read these Da Baby quotes for:
- a deeper understanding of who he is and where he stands in life
- learning how important personal growth is
- inspiration to work hard
Top 5 Da Baby quotes about life
1. “I like pressure.” — Da Baby
2. “I’m a force to be reckoned with.” — Da Baby
3. “Anything I do, I’m doing it for a reason.” — Da Baby
4. “The goal was to be the hottest artist on the planet, and I think I’ve done that.” — Da Baby
5. “The music I make, it’s so hard. I listen to it 100,000 times before it even drops.” — Da Baby
5. “Anybody that is trying to go into business with me, of course, I’m gon’ do my research on them.” — Da Baby
Inspirational Da Baby quotes to live by
6. “My main goal is to top what I did before.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: It is important to have a purpose in life, just like setting goals for ourselves. Da Baby recognizes that as we make our dreams into reality, we have to keep dreaming so that new bigger dreams can manifest. Part of the fun of reaching our goals is outdoing the goals we set for ourselves in the past.
7. “I just had that mindset to never settle. That’s a credit to my pops, too. He used to say ‘the sky’s the limit’ every time we talked.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: Many people are encouraged to be humble, which is a positive attitude. However, life is about balance, and balance means possessing the ability to acknowledge that each of us is a force to be reckoned with in our unique way. You do not have to be a celebrity or famous rapper to acknowledge that you are a force.
8. “From my life experience, I don’t look at police as police anymore. I think they prey on people. Actually, I know they prey on people.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: Depending on your conditions, life can be full of pressure. The pressure we feel can come from ourselves and be internal, or it can come from outside sources and be external. The most important thing is how we handle the pressure in our lives. Learning to like pressure allows us to harness the energy pressure creates and use it as a tool to bring out the best in us.
9. “People are unpredictable at the end of the day.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: People are often compared to the weather. They can change at a moment’s notice. Keeping this in mind and allowing ourselves and others around us the space to change and transform is an important practice to keep us balanced.
10. “When I get bored with something, I’m done with it.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: One of the most amazing parts of life is following our highest excitement. Following our passions gives life meaning. However, knowing when something no longer excites us is also a valuable skill to develop.
Da Baby quotes that can help us all
11. “I was all about touching people and influencing people.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: Bob Marley once famously said, “Some people are so poor, all they have is money.” Da Baby did not become a success overnight. Before he was a recognized artist, he was a regular person, just like you or me. You do not need to be famous or successful to positively touch the lives of those around you.
12. “I’m the type of person, if I ain’t wrong, I’m gonna stand on that.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: In hip-hop culture, we have a phrase called “standing ten toes down,” which means to remain standing tall and on your feet by sticking to your morals or belief systems. It is not always easy to stick to our guns, but Da Baby reminds us of the importance of having a system of values and sticking to them in the face of adversity.
13. “At the end of the day, somebody’s got to not like you. Somebody’s got to not like Baby.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: The universe is a place of balance. For there to be night, there must be day. For there to be good, there must be evil. Relationships are no different. There will be people who like us, and there will be people who dislike us. Remembering this gives us realistic boundaries.
14. “I’m an early 1990s baby, so I had the pleasure of going through a lot of eras in music.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: Musical trends change faster than the weather. This bothers some people who have certain preferences and dislike change. Instead of focusing on how things keep changing, Da Baby sees the value in change because it exposes us to different inspirations and ideas.
15. “I didn’t want my name to be a distraction from the music.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: Initially, Da Baby’s stage name was Da Baby Jesus. He shortened it to make himself more inclusive. He changed an aspect of himself so he could grow as a person. Sometimes in life, we will have to change or adjust aspects of ourselves to connect with larger communities outside of our own.
16. “I love it when you have to perform at a certain level or else. That’s when I’m at my best.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: Pressure is a part of life. It is human nature to admire a diamond, but many people forget it was pressure that transformed it. Pressure molds us into the best version of ourselves.
17. “I don’t play the ugly game. I think everyone is beautiful, and I see it in me now more and more.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: “Ugly” is a judgment. The adage says, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” and Da Baby is imploring us to remember that unless we can see the beauty in ourselves, we can never truly see the beauty in things outside ourselves. There is beauty in all things. It is up to us to find the eyes to see it.
18. “When you reach a certain level, people don’t got nothing left to do but find a reason not to like you.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: Sometimes the truth hurts, and a harsh truth is that sometimes when people are successful, others find fault in their success or diminish their efforts. It is important to stay grounded in the core values that helped us succeed.
19. “You can’t cheat the game. You can’t cheat the grind. You get out what you put in at the end of the day.” — Da Baby
Everyday Application: There are no shortcuts to our dreams. There is no E-Z Pass to magically go from what we are to what we want to become overnight. Da Baby reminds us that what we put in is what we will get back. If we put in quality effort, we will get quality results.
20. “I am the type where I don’t worry about anything else but how to top what I did yesterday.” — Da Baby
Da Baby is a student of hip-hop.
He acknowledges he is a “90’s baby,” meaning he grew up watching hip-hop culture transform and was privileged to see different genres come and go.
Naturally, this added to his acumen and style as an artist.
He could pull different strengths from his favorite rappers and infuse those attributes into his craft as a performer and emcee.
Some people criticize him for having a one-dimensional flow.
However, those same critics would have to acknowledge that Da Baby has created something new.
He reflected on this idea, saying, “When you got a sound that don’t sound like nobody else, and it’s brand new, you’ve got to feed it to ‘em. You’ve got to force it on ‘em.”
Do you have a favorite Da Baby quote or moment?
Be sure to let us know in the comments!
December 23, 2022 8:00 AM EST