Gang quotes remind us there is power in numbers.
There are many gang quotes that might inspire you to join hands with others for a noble cause.
So, we have curated a comprehensive and relevant list of the best gang quotes.
Also, you might enjoy these related articles:
In addition, this article also shares some information about all types of gangs.
So, with no further ado, let’s dive in!
What is a Gang?
As these gang quotes will reflect, the term ‘Gang’ refers to a group of people joined together with a particular goal in mind.
A gang is also a group of friends who regularly meet to have fun.
On the other hand, ‘gang’ is a word used explicitly by police for a group of people doing violent or criminal activities.
So, by looking at the definitions of the word ‘gang’, it’s clear that it relates to the collective effort of a group of people to complete a task.
Therefore, whether this task is criminal or helping others in need, the group of individuals joined for the cause is said to be a gang.
Different types of gangs
Below are different types of gangs associated with different activities highlighted in our gang quotes:
- Friend gang
- Biker gang
- Vigilante gang
- Punk gang
- Prison gang
Anyone with a core group of people they regularly spend time with is in a friend gang.
Equally, a friend gang can be an association of people with mutual interests.
They enjoy spending time together doing fun activities or just relaxing.
As the name suggests, a biker gang is a group of people with motorcycles.
These gangs either move together with their favorite bikes for fun or as a hobby.
While some biker gangs involve themselves in illegal activities, others ride just for fun or volunteer for good causes.
This gang of people stands against criminal activities in their area.
For this purpose, they keep an eye on the suspected activities and try to curb the people involved by their collective power or with the help of law enforcement agencies.
People associated with this gang are unique in their ideology.
They follow a punk rock ideology with various political and philosophical ideas.
Therefore, punk gang members often appear in social or political demonstrations/protests.
Prisoners with a particular mindset create a group in the prison for mutual protection.
New prisoners initiate into the gang when older members leave.
Hence, a prison group continues to function as a well-organized organization of people with common interests.
Top 10 Gang Quotes
In this section, you’ll enjoy the best compilation of gang quotes.
1. “Rich Gang is a rich look.” — Birdman
2. “It feels very cool to be part of a girl gang.” — Aidy Bryant
3. “I have never seen a hopeful person join a gang.” — Greg Boyle
4. “The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang.” — Mary Kay Ash
5. “Law and Justice are the most vindictive gang in Europe.” — Norman Davies
6. “Even gang members imagine a future that doesn’t include gangs.” — Greg Boyle
7. “I smile too much to be in a gang. I don’t get that ‘hit somebody’ vibe.” — Masego
8. “Shootouts are not gunfights of honor; they’re gang wars and racial riots.” — Jessica Savitch
9. “Beating the tea party gang is more important than who does the beating.” — Arlen Specter
10. “Every city in the world always has a gang, a street gang, or the so-called outcasts.” — Jimi Hendrix
Gang Quotes About Violence
Below gang quotes include the theme of fight and violence.
11. “I want the violence among young people in this country to stop – particularly gang violence.” — Jim Brown
12. “But sports carried me away from being in a gang or being associated with drugs. Sports was my way out.” — LeBron James
13. “I grew up in Los Angeles when the racial tensions between blacks and Mexicans were very high. Gang violence was very prevalent.” — Miguel
14. “I’m not different for the sake of being different, only for the desperate sake of being myself. I can’t join your gang: you’d think I was a phony, and I’d know it.” — Vivian Stanshall
15. “Raise your eyes and count the small gang of your oppressors who are only strong through the blood they suck from you and through your arms which you lend them unwillingly.” — Georg Buchner
Gang Quotes to Ponder
These thought-provoking gang quotes will make you think.
16. “However, don’t let these statistics mislead you, gang violence is not limited to California and or big urban areas – that might have been true a while ago, but it is no longer the case today.” — Bob Filner
17. “I had seen many injustices done in the court by well-meaning people. I had lost fourteen clients to gang violence in only seven years.” — Richard Helms
18. “I know now that gang warfare is not in the Middle East or Northern Ireland. There is violence in gang violence, but there is no conflict. It is not ‘about something.’ It is the language of the despondent and traumatized.” — Greg Boyle
19. “Gang violence in America is not a sudden problem. It has been a part of urban life for years, offering an aggressive definition and identity to those seeking a place to belong in the chaos of large metropolitan areas.” — Dave Reichert
20. “What a lot of people don’t realize about gangs, in my opinion, is that a gang is not there to attack you. Eighty percent of the people in a gang are there to stop anyone from attacking them. You join a gang for protection, not to go out and hit someone.” — Michael Caine
Gang Quotes with Interesting Angles
These gang quotes are full of interesting points and real-world scenarios.
21. “But I was also a brat. I used to belong to a gang that went looking for fights with other gangs.” — Thomas Keneally
22. “A demagogue is a person with whom we disagree as to which gang should mismanage the country.” — Don Marquis
23. “I’m politically inclined towards the left, but I don’t like to be in anyone’s gang; I’m a bit of a loose cannon.” — Joanne Harris
24. “Truly huge artistic collaboration on the Internet seems to work only if the gang has a well-defined objective.” — Clive Thompson
25. “The employer is not going to choose the gang member who’s just been released from prison: they’re going to choose the person with the skills.” — Greg Boyle
Interesting Gang Quotes
26. “Putin and many of his gang may have once been Communists, but they are not that today. Rather, they have embraced a new totalitarian political ideology known as ‘Eurasianism.’” — Robert Zubrin
27. “A gang is the same as a wolf pack; gang members do not use their energies in friendship with one another, for they do not know what friendship is. If they are united, it is by the common bond of a desire to attack their world.” — Haniel Long
28. “When I was a boy, my older brothers listened to Earth, Wind & Fire and Kool and the Gang. When I would try to get into their room, they would close the door and say, ‘You can’t hear that. It’s not for a child!’ Now, I can listen to it and enjoy it.” — Omar
29. “Everybody does good things, but I’m talking about making major changes in the educational system that would impact an entire race. I’m talking about stopping these young gang members from killing one another. I’m talking about keeping prisons from overflowing.” — Jim Brown
30. “You prevent kids from joining gangs by offering after-school programs, sports, mentoring, and positive engagement with adults. You intervene with gang members by offering alternatives and employment to help redirect their lives. You deal with areas of high gang crime activity with real community policing. We know what works.” — Greg Boyle
Gang Quotes about Desires and Experiences
The following gang quotes include real-life experiences from the past and some wishes.
31. “My father figures were all gang members.” — Richard Cabral
32. “Not one has ever left my team to go join a gang.” — Jesse White
33. “I was, like, in a rap gang. I loved rap, and it was all around me.” — Watkin Tudor Jones
34. “I would like to be a gang leader on ‘Sons of Anarchy’ or own a lemonade stand on ‘Boardwalk Empire.’” — CeeLo Green
35. “I work with gang members, and I feel a kind of affinity and gift, even. But who would’ve to thunk it, you know? I mean, I didn’t anticipate it.” — Greg Boyle
First Hand Account Gang Quotes
36. “We thought it would be pretty cool to officially declare ourselves a gang. Our gang name was called the Rude Boys. Of course, any Rude Gang would need a jacket.” — Thomas Middleditch
37. “I was raised in Mississippi, in a family and a community that identified as black, and I have the stories and the experiences to go with it. One of my great-great-grandfathers was killed by a gang of white Prohibition patrollers.” — Jesmyn Ward
38. “I was embarrassed about modeling. When you’re at school, and you’re modeling, it sounds very glamorous, but I didn’t want to do things that no one else was doing. I didn’t want to be the odd one out. I wanted to be part of the gang.” — Hannah Ware
39. “When I was a younger actor, I was pretty much solely motivated by validation. I just wanted to be told I was good and handsome and a part of the gang. It was pretty simple animal-social stuff. I don’t care as much about those things anymore.” — Chris Pine
40. “Not too many people know it, but when I was in junior high, I was a pretty tough kid and was the leader of a street gang. Well, OK, it was less a street gang than an Ecology Club. We were pretty intimidating, though, and had our own meeting room until we got run out of there by a bunch of thugs from the Poetry Society.” — W. Bruce Cameron
Some More Gang Quotes
Here are some gang quotes with mixed themes for your enjoyment.
41. “Many areas of Los Angeles have gang problems.” — Ross Kemp
42. “I’m strong. I like to mother people, and look after people. I lead the gang.” — Vicky McClure
43. “I’m not really part of any group or clique or gang because that’s always been my nature.” — Jack Dee
44. “Your only true obligation in a gang is to be committed and be there when your brothers need you.” — Richard Cabral
45. “Just like the rest of the world, I became a product of my environment, and this environment was gang culture.” — Unknown
Final Gang Quotes to Consider
46. “Anyone who knows gangs knows that lawmakers cannot conceive of a law that would lead a hard-core gang member to ‘think twice.’” — Greg Boyle
47. “No kid is seeking anything when he joins a gang; he’s always fleeing something. He’s not being pulled; he’s being pushed by the circumstances in which he finds himself.” — Greg Boyle
48. “The Valkyries were an idea that my boss and I came up with when, at the comic shop one day, I mentioned how great it would be if there were a girl gang for women working in comic shops.” — Kate Leth
49. “We know gang members are pouring across the border and filling up our prisons. We have a huge drug problem in this country now in places that never had an opiate problem. Why is that? Because this is brought in – because we do not have a border.” — Ann Coulter
50. “What people don’t understand is joining a gang ain’t bad, it’s cool, it’s fine. When you are in the hood, joining a gang, it’s cool because all your friends are in the gang, and all your family’s in the gang. We’re not just killing people every night; we’re just hanging out, having a good time.” — Snoop Dogg
Which one of these gang quotes is your favorite?
Once you have gone through our gang quotes compilation, it would be easy for you to find an inspiring gang quote.
So, we have tried to offer our selected quotes in a presentable manner.
For this purpose, these quotes are in their respective sections.
Besides, sharing these gang quotes is a fun-loaded activity that you won’t afford to miss.
You can also share your favorite gang quote with us via the comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.