These Scarface quotes will remind you that there is more to life than success, drugs, and making money.
In one of Al Pacino’s best performances, 1983’s Scarface is a film about a Cuban refugee who wants the world, and who will stop at nothing to get what he thinks he deserves.
What can we learn from the film Scarface?
Although Pacino’s character, Tony Montana’s version of The American Dream didn’t work out for him in the end, there could still be something to be learned from the film’s themes of money, success, and being the tough guy.
Use these Scarface quotes to inspire you on what not to do when building your own American Dream.
And after reading the quotes below, be sure to also check out our collection of Godfather quotes about family and loyalty.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Scarface quotes on power and money
1. “In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.” – Tony Montana
2. “I’m Tony Montana! You fuck with me, you fuckin’ with the best!” – Tony Montana
3. “You all a bunch of fuckin’ assholes. You know why? You don’t have the guts to be what you wanna be.” — Tony Montana
4. “I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.” – Tony Montana
Scarface quotes on success
5. “With the right woman, there’s no stopping me. I could go right to the top.” — Tony Montana
6. “Nothing exceeds like excess. You should know that, Tony.” — Elvira
7. “Lesson number one: Don’t underestimate the other guy’s greed!” – Frank Lopez
8. “I work hard for this. I want you to know that.” – Tony Montana
9. “All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one. Do you understand?” — Tony Montana
10. “Don’t toot your horn honey, you’re not that good.” — Elvira
Also, check out these AHS quotes that are sure to terrify you.
Scarface quotes on being optimistic
11. “Every day above ground is a good day.” – Mel Bernstein
12. “This is paradise, I’m tellin’ ya. This town like a great big pussy just waiting to get fucked.” — Tony Montana
13. “The jails in this country are like hotels, man.” — Manny Ribera
14. “Me, I want what’s coming to me…. The world, Chico, and everything in it.” — Tony Montana
15. “I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.” – Tony Montana
Scarface quotes on being the tough guy
16. “You wanna give me the cash? Or do I kill your brother before I kill you?” — Hector the Toad
17. “You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He’s the best lawyer in Miami. He’s such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm.” — Tony Montana
18. “Say hello to my little friend!” — Tony Montana
19. “Don’t call me ‘Baby.’ I’m not your ‘baby.'” — Elvira
20. “Who put this thing together? Me, that’s who! Who do I trust? Me!” – Tony Montana
Have you seen these Criminal Minds quotes from one of the best shows ever?
Short Sacarstic Scarface Quotes
21. “Every dog has his day.” — Tony Montana
22. “The f*ckin’ country was built on washing money.” — Tony Montana
23. “You know what capitalism is? Getting f*cked!” — Tony Montana
24. “I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I’m gonna carve him up real nice.” — Tony Montana
25. “I only tell you once. Don’t f*ck me, Tony. Don’t you ever try to f*ck me.” — Alejandro Sosa
26. “The only thing in this world that gives orders is balls.” — Tony Montana
27. “You worry too much. You’re gonna have a heart attack.” — Tony Montana
28. “You a communist? Huh? How’d you like it, man? They tell you all the time what to do, what to think, what to feel. Do you wanna be like a sheep? Like all those other people? Baah! Baah!” — Tony Montana
29. “So do you want to dance, Frank, or do you want to sit there and have a heart attack?” — Elvira Hancock
30. “The world is yours.” — Tony Montana
Thought-Provoking Scarface Quotes
31. “And chico, if anything happens to that buy-money, eee pobrecito… my boss is gonna stick your heads up your asses faster than a rabbit gets fucked!” — Omar Suarez
32. “I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card… I’m gonna carve him up real nice.” — Tony Montana
33. “Don’t get it confused, Tony. I don’t fuck around with the help.” — Elvira Hancock
34. “Sanitation? I told you to tell ’em that you was in a sanitarium. Not sanitation, sanitarium.” — Tony Montana
35. “You should have kept your mouth shut, they’d have thought you was a horse and let you out.” — Tony Montana
36. “I think you speak from the heart, Montana. So I say to myself, this Lopez, your boss, he had chivatos like that working for him, his judgment stinks.” — Alejandro Sosa
37. “I got ears, ya know. I hear things.” — Tony Montana
38. “Why don’t you try sticking your head up your ass? See if it fits.” — Tony Montana
39. “Now you’re talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!” — Tony Montana
40. “Where’d you get that beauty scar, tough guy? Eating pussy?” — Immigration Officer
Which Scarface quote was your favorite?
While Tony may not be the best role model, it cannot be argued that his confidence and hard work helped lead him to success.
Use this film as a cautionary tale and take the lessons with a grain of salt: hard work can build success but work without integrity and being greedy can be a fatal flaw.
Whether Scarface is a film that inspires you to reach for The American Dream, or if you just like the film for its abundant violence, we hope you enjoyed these Scarface quotes and lines.
Let us know your favorite quote in the comment section below!