These Dr. Manhattan quotes help us push the limits of our belief systems and how they might change if mortal concerns were no longer a factor in our decision-making.
Would your life be different if you were impervious to physical harm or could see into the future?
We’ve all imagined having superpowers.
Superbeings personify our emotions, representing the best and worst that we believe we have to offer.
The most powerful superbeings walk the razor’s edge between hero and villain, juxtaposing the transformation of our humanity if we evolved from average person to omnipotent god.
Everyone knows Superman, but there is another being who is more powerful.
You have probably seen Dr. Manhattan, a naked glowing blue man with a hydrogen atom symbol on his forehead in memes or in The Watchmen movie, comic and series.
A compelling figure, Dr. Manhattan gives us a glimpse into our own nature by showcasing what it would be like to reach our full potential while still succumbing to societal pressures and limitations, needing to leave “this galaxy for one less complicated.”
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
The best Dr. Manhattan quotes to help you push the limits of you belief systems
1. “Up is a relative construct. It has no intrinsic value.” – Dr. Manhattan
2. “I’m leaving this galaxy for one less complicated.” – Dr. Manhattan
3. “Does the human heart know chasms so abysmal?” – Dr. Manhattan
4. “Part of…being a hero is knowing when you don’t need to be one anymore.” – Dr. Manhattan
5. “All we ever see of stars are their old photographs.” – Dr. Manhattan
6. “There is no future. There is no past.” – Dr. Manhattan
7. “The morality of my activities escapes me.” – Dr. Manhattan
8. “Nothing’s that simple, not even things that are simply awful.” – Dr. Manhattan
9. “I can’t prevent the future. To me, it’s already happening.” – Dr. Manhattan
10. “Truly, life is hell, and death’s rough hand our only deliverance.” – Dr. Manhattan
Dr. Manhattan quotes that will change the way you think
11. “Give me the smallest finger on man’s hand. I’ll produce information.” – Dr. Manhattan
12. “Nothing is insoluble. Nothing is hopeless. Not while there’s life.” – Dr. Manhattan
13. “All that pain and conflict done with? All that needless suffering over at last? No, that doesn’t bother me.” – Dr. Manhattan
14. “I am a being of inaction… On a collision course with a man of action… To this universe of hope… I have become the villain.” – Dr. Manhattan
15. “I’d almost forgotten the excitement of not knowing, the delights Of uncertainty.” – Dr. Manhattan
16. “I’m just a puppet who can see the strings.” – Dr. Manhattan
17. “Existence is random. It has no pattern, save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose.” – Dr. Manhattan
18. “A clock without a craftsman. It’s too late. Always has been, always will be. Too late.” – Dr. Manhattan
19. “A live body and a dead body contain the same amount of particles.” – Dr. Manhattan
20. “For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly.” – Dr. Manhattan
Dr. Manhattan quotes that will make your day
21. “The newspapers call me a crimefighter, so the Pentagon says I must fight crime.” – Dr. Manhattan
22. “If you think there’s a problem with my attitude, I’m prepared to discuss it.” – Dr. Manhattan
23. “They say we have created the man to end all wars; I say we have created a man to end all worlds.” – Dr. Manhattan
24. “Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?” – Dr. Manhattan
25. “I’m in every moment we were together, All at once.” – Dr. Manhattan
What did you learn from these Dr. Manhattan quotes?
Dr. Manhattan’s life is a paradox; A god-like being whose actions are controlled by a government.
He is often judged by human standards, yet his reality defies human understanding.
He experiences time in a nonlinear fashion which influences how others perceive him.
His lack of sentiment is not a result of emotional incapability, rather an altered set of priorities from humankind.
We can’t defy gravity like him, or walk across the surface of the Sun and Mars like him, but we can be like him in our own way.
He is an inspiration to transcend our history and our flaws and be our best self through the process.
Whether you experience him as Jon Osterman, Calvin Abar, Jelani, or Dr. Manhattan, in the end this superbeing is one that tests the limits of the human condition.
His example reminds us of the importance of walking our personal path with full joy and acceptance.
Everyone has a little bit of Dr. Manhattan in them.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Dr. Manhattan quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.