Our latest collection of Edna Mode quotes on practical and useful super-suit features.
Few animated movie characters possess the fire and snark that Edna Mode, also known as “E,” exudes. Her contributions to ‘The Incredibles,’ are a delight felt by many parents. She is this cross between a fashionista and a nutty professor. Her wit is sharp, and her talent massive.
Creator Brad Bird (who also ended up being the voice of Edna) wanted to delve into the question, “Where do the suits and gadgets of superheroes come from?”
Of course, Edna would need to have a talent for manufacturing clothing, and a unique sense of fashion. However, to create suits that stretch (like Elastigirl’s), are flame retardant, and have impressive features, she would have to be brilliant.
The result was the short spunky character of Japanese and German descent. She had only a minor role in both films but worked her way into the heart of the fans. Enjoy these Edna Mode quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Samuel L. Jackson quotes from the prolific actor.
Edna Mode quotes from ‘The Incredibles’ and other films
1. “This is a horrible suit, darling. You can’t be seen in this. I won’t allow it. Fifteen years ago, maybe, but now?” ― Edna Mode
2. “No capes!” ― Edna Mode
3. “I cut it a little roomy for the free movement, the fabric is comfortable for sensitive skin…” ― Edna Mode
4. “It can also withstand a temperature of over 1000 degrees. Completely bulletproof… And machine washable, darling. That’s a new feature.” ― Edna Mode
5. “You need a new suit, that much is certain.” ― Edna Mode
6. “Your boy’s suit I designed to withstand enormous friction without heating up or wearing out, a useful feature. Your daughter’s suit was tricky, but I finally created a sturdy material that can disappear completely as she does. Your suit can stretch as far as you can without injuring yourself, and still retain its shape. Virtually indestructible, yet it breathes like Egyptian cotton.” ― Edna Mode
Edna Mode quotes and lines full of useful advice
7. “I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.” ― Edna Mode
8. “Pull-yourself-together! “What will you do?” Is this a question? You will show him you remember that he is Mr. Incredible, and you will remind him who *you* are. Well, you know where he is.” ― Edna Mode
9. “Go confront the problem. Fight! Win! And call me when you get back, darling. I enjoy our visits.” ― Edna Mode
10. “Keep your fingers above the sheets. We only change ’em once a week!” ― Edna Mode
Darling Edna Mode quotes ( Luck favors the prepared )
11. “Milan, darling. Milan. Supermodels. Heh! Nothing super about them… spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. Feh! I used to design for *gods*!” ― Edna Mode
12. “DARLING! How are you, it’s been such a long time…” ― Edna Mode
13. “Don’t make me beg, darling, I won’t do it, you know!” ― Edna Mode
14. “Well, I am sure I don’t know, darling. Luck favors the prepared.” ― Edna Mode
15. “Yes, words are useless! Gobble-gobble-gobble-gobble-gobble! Too much of it, darling, too much! That is why I show you my work! That is why you are here!” ― Edna Mode
Witty Edna Mode quotes
16. “There are no illegitimate children. There are only illegitimate parents!” ― Edna Mode
17. “Do I look like a hussy?” ― Edna Mode
18. “You’re just a shit-stain on the panties of life.” ― Edna Mode
19. “You know the name of the game, girls… control. COMPLETE… control.” ― Edna Mode
20. “You can’t! It’s impossible! I’m far too busy, so ask me now before I can become sane.” ― Edna Mode
21. “The human race is responsible for the unemployment? I never would’ve guessed. All this time, I kept thinking it was somebody else.” ― Edna Mode
22. “What’s that gun doing in your room? Suppose I phone the police, told them there’s a bloke in my hotel… who’s planning to shoot somebody?” ― Edna Mode
Edna Mode quotes that are unmistakably Edna
23. “It will be bold! Dramatic! Heroic!” ― Edna Mode
24. “You push too hard, darling! But I accept!” ― Edna Mode
25. “Men at Robert’s age are often unstable… prone to weakness.” ― Edna Mode
26. “You are *all* going to Hell, you know!” ― Edna Mode
27. “I have no strength left. Nothing. I couldn’t even open my pocketbook on the bus today. A little boy hadda help me.” ― Edna Mode
28. “Robbed. Robbed! What does “rob” mean? They come in, they take things out. You had ’em, now they got ’em. They used to be yours, now they’re theirs. We’ve been robbed!” ― Edna Mode
29. “My name is Edna but some of the girls call me Eddy after they get to know me better.” ― Edna Mode
30. “Mr. Maxton, I’m not doing anything. I know a swell place where we can eat. The food is the bitter end!” ― Edna Mode
31. “My God, you’ve gotten fat.” ― Edna Mode
Which of these Edna Mode quotes is your favorite?
Brad Bird’s vision created a lovable and hilarious character, while also earning an award for his voice acting! Several actresses tried to duplicate Bird’s temporary voice for Edna, but couldn’t quite get it. Lily Tomlin told Brad Bird he should do it himself, and she was not alone! Many of the crew agreed and worked to convince him.
The director wanted to debunk the idea that superheroes sewed their own costumes, something he wondered about frequently as a fan of the genre. ‘The Incredibles’ was the first Pixar film to earn a PG rating, in part to Edna’s darker and edgier persona. Edna got her name from a program that Pixar used at the time of filming: EMode.
What is your favorite thing about Edna Mode’s personality? Do you have any other Edna Mode quotes and lines you would like to add? Leave them in the comment section below.
April 19, 2021 7:00 AM EST