These bird quotes will uplift your spirit and fill your mind with thoughts of flying and freedom.
Birds are some of the most beautiful and inspiring animals that inhabit our planet.
Whether you enjoy owning pet birds or observing these feathered creatures in the wild, you’ll love this collection of positive quotes.
Tell us your favorite bird quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these bird quotes?
These words of wisdom will inspire you to fly away whether you like parrots, owls, ducks, geese, or any other fowl.
Remember these inspiring quotes the next time you see a bird flying freely in the sky.
If you want to reach your full potential in life, it’s important to think like a bird.
These bird quotes can help teach you several life lessons like:
- have faith in yourself and your ‘wings’
- soar as high as you want (live without limits)
- don’t compare your journey to anyone else’s
- surround yourself with people who are going in the same direction
Don’t hold yourself back with mental limitations.
Whether you like bird watching or feeding birds in the park, you’ll enjoy these beautiful and motivational quotes.
This collection of insightful sayings highlights the majesty and beauty of birds.
These winged creatures represent freedom, love, and liveliness.
Read these bird quotes for encouragement and inspiration.
Also, check out these snake quotes to make your fears disappear.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Bird quotes to make your soul feel light and limitless
1. “No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.” – William Blake
You will also enjoy our article on sky quotes.
2. “The bird is powered by its own life and by its motivation.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
You will also enjoy our article on blue quotes.
3. “Every bird, every tree, every flower reminds me what a blessing and privilege it is just to be alive.” – Marty Rubin
You will also enjoy our article on pet quotes.
4. “I work as often as I want and yet I’m free as a bird.” – Ethel Merman
5. “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.” – Langston Hughes
You will also enjoy our article on forest quotes.
6. “The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.” – J.M. Barrie
7. “Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings.” – Victor Hugo
8. “In order to see birds it is necessary to become a part of the silence.” – Robert Lynd
9. “I’d rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance.” – E. E. Cummings
10. “I’m like a bird, I only fly away. I don’t know where my soul is. I don’t know where my home is.” – Nelly Furtado
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of owl quotes about the wide-eyed night predator.
Bird quotes to uplift your spirit
11. “Everyone likes birds. What wild creature is more accessible to our eyes and ears, as close to us and everyone in the world, as universal as a bird?” – David Attenborough
12. “When the Sun of compassion arises darkness evaporates and the singing birds come from nowhere.” – Amit Ray
13. “Tame birds sing of freedom. Wild birds fly.”― John Lennon
14. “You must have the bird in your heart before you can find it in the bush.”― John Burroughs
15. “I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
16. “Birds chirping around you is a beautiful realization that life in incredibly good. Let this sound be a gentle break in your routine.”― Hiral Nagda
17. “The songs of the morning birds reverberate the glory of the eternal life.”― Amit Ray
18. “Heavenly bodies are nests of invisible birds.” – Dejan Stojanovic
19. “If you cannot catch a bird of paradise, better take a wet hen.” – Nikita Khrushchev
20. “Birds of a feather flock together …only in good weather!”― Ankala Subbarao
Don’t forget to also read these flamingo quotes about the bright pink bird.
Bird quotes about their majesty and beauty
21. “Birds were created to record everything. They were not designed just to be beautiful jewels in the sky, but to serve as the eyes of heaven.” – Suzy Kassem
You will also enjoy our article on hunting quotes.
22. “The stork is voiceless because there is really nothing to say.” – Will Cuppy
You will also enjoy our article on Raven quotes to help you decide if they are a bad omen.
23. “I’m youth, I’m joy, I’m a little bird that has broken out of the egg.” – James M. Barrie
You will also enjoy our article on Jonathan Livingston Seagull quotes.
24. “Small birds throw seeds out of the feeder; large birds pick them up off the ground, but the squirrels try to muscle in.” – Lilian Jackson Braun
You will also enjoy our article on elephant quotes.
25. “He imagines a necessary joy in things that must fly to eat.” – Wendell Berry
You will also enjoy our article on Edna Mode quotes.
26. “Not every hen lay eggs. Not every hen that lays eggs gets them hatched. Not everyone born with greatness becomes as such. Go, hatch your eggs.” – Israelmore Ayivor
27. “From birds she learned how to sing; from cats she learned a form of dangerous independence.” – Salman Rushdie
28. “You can’t be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet.” – Hal Borland
29. “Because I had my family, I felt like I could be a bird and fly and experience and do. Because I had roots somewhere, I knew that they would love me no matter what, and I could always go back home and they were going to love me.” – Gisele Bundchen
30. “Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise.” – Ivan Pavlov
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of hummingbird quotes to help you better understand the tiny bird.
Bird quotes to encourage and inspire you
31. “What law, what reason can deny that gift so sweet, so natural that God has given a stream, a fish, a beast, a bird?” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
32. “I love the freedom of my wings. I love the empty space above the ground. I rejoice in my freedom. Freedom is my religion. Peace is my God. Love is my worship.” – Banani Ray
33. “It’s like being a bird, maybe, the perspective of flying over the Earth.” – Peggy Whitson
34. “Love is not only the story of butterflies or birds; it is also the story of jackals and hounds.” – M.F. Moonzajer
35. “I don’t ask for the meaning of the song of a bird or the rising of the sun on a misty morning. There they are, and they are beautiful.” – Pete Hamill
36. “A bird in hand is a certainty. But a bird in the bush may sing.” – Bret Harte
37. “Birds are sky bound; holding them down in a cage is wicked love.”― Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
38. “The biggest favor you can do to yourself is fly freely like birds.” – Kuldeep Gera
39. “No human ever lived in a birdless world.”― Richard Smyth
40. “The more I work with birds, the more I believe in the undreamt, the things we are not given to know.” – Julie Zickefoose
Also check out these yellow quotes and sayings for a happy aesthetic.
More bird quotes and sayings
41. “Boredom is the dream bird that hatches the egg of experience. A rustling in the leaves drives him away.” – Walter Benjamin
42. “My writing often contains souvenirs of the day — a song I heard, a bird I saw — which I then put into the novel.” – Amy Tan
43. “The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever will be born must destroy a world.” – Hermann Hesse
44. “Life without dreams is like a bird with a broken wing — it can’t fly.” – Dan Pena
45. “The moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing.” – Eric Berne
46. “The human bird shall take his first flight, filling the world with amazement, all writings with his fame, and bringing eternal glory to the nest whence he sprang.” – Leonardo da Vinci
47. “I like the idea of taking off like a bird.” – Florence Welch
48. “The caged bird sings with a fearful trill, of things unknown, but longed for still, and his tune is heard on the distant hill, for the caged bird sings of freedom.” – Maya Angelou
49. “The freedom of birds is an insult to me.” – Cormac McCarthy
50. “Once upon a time, when women were birds, there was the simple understanding that to sing at dawn and to sing at dusk was to heal the world through joy. The birds still remember what we have forgotten, that the world is meant to be celebrated.” – Terry Tempest Williams
You will also enjoy our article on motivational sports quotes.
Other bird quotes and sayings
51. “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.” – Salvador Dali
52. “A heart without dreams is like a bird without feathers.” – Suzy Kassem
53. “For my own part, I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen the representative of our country. He is a bird of bad moral character. He does not get his living honestly.” – Benjamin Franklin
54. “The early bird catches the worm.” – William Camden
55. “My heart is like a singing bird.” – Christina Rossetti
56. “I wake up every morning new, free as a bird.” – Ashley Cole
57. “A bird does not sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.” – Maya Angelou
58. “Birds learn how to fly, never knowing where the flight will take them.” – Mark Nepo
59. “If birds can glide for long periods of time, then why can’t I?” – Orville Wright
60. “We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry.” – John Webster
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about losing a loved one.
Bird quotes for people who love the majestic animals
61. “Birds sing even after the storm.” – Unknown
62. “A forest bird never wants a cage.” – Henrik Ibsen
63. “Birds are the most popular group in the animal kingdom. We feed them and tame them and think we know them. And yet they inhabit a world which is really rather mysterious.” – David Attenborough
64. “A bird in a cage is not half a bird.” – Henry Ward Beecher
65. “Tomorrow, the birds will sing.” – Charlie Chaplin
66. “Wherever there are birds, there is hope.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
67. “I woke up this morning,
Smiled at the rising sun,
Three little birds,
Sat on my doorstep,
Singing sweet songs.” – Bob Marley
68. “I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.” – Harun Yahya
69. “If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes.” – Charles Lindbergh
70. “I know why the caged bird sings.” – Maya Angelou
Additional bird quotes and sayings
71. “Not humans, but birds often witness the most beautiful mornings in this world!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
72. “How can you expect the birds to sing when their groves are cut down?” – Henry David Thoreau
73. “A Fly can’t bird, but a bird can fly.” – A.A. Milne
74. “Each bird must sing with his own throat.” – Henrik Ibsen
75. “Without love we all like birds with broken wings.” – Mitch Albom
76. “Never look for birds of this year in the nests of the last.” – Miguel de Cervantes
77. “Be not like the bird that sees the seed, but not the trap.” – Judah ben Saul ibn Tibbon
78. “Oh, the little birds sang east, and the little birds sang west.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
79. “I’m a big fan of parrots – I think they’re fascinating creatures. Many of them live for longer than us humans and it’s interesting to me the way they learn to mimic human voices even though they don’t really comprehend what they’re saying.” – Derren Brown
80. “The parrot holds its food for prim consumption as daintily as any debutante, [with] a predilection for pot roast, hashed-brown potatoes, duck skin, butter, hoisin sauce, sesame seed oil, bananas and human thumb.” – Alexander Theroux
Beautiful Bird Quotes About Nature
81. “There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.” — Robert Wilson Lynd
82. “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird, I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” — George Eliot
83. “Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.” — Rabindranath Tagore
84. “Caged birds accept each other, but flight is what they long for.” — Tennessee Williams
85. “This is wonderful, wonderful! Be the bird. You are the bird. Sacrifice yourself to abandoned family values….” — Laurie Halse Anderson
86. “I pray to the birds because they remind me of what I love rather than what I fear. And at the end of my prayers, they teach me how to listen.” — Terry Tempest Williams
87. “Just as the bird needs wings to fly, a leader needs useful information to flow. Leaders learn.” — Israelmore Ayivor
88. “Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild.” — Stephen King
89. “Birds do not sing in caves, nor do doves cherish their innocence in dovecotes.” — Henry David Thoreau
90. “…I keep looking for one more teacher, only to find that fish learn from the water and birds learn from the sky.” — Mark Nepo
Bird Quotes To Help You Maintain a Calm and Controlled Attitude.
91. “Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn’t people feel free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?” — Rose Kennedy
92. “I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven.” — Emily Dickinson
93. It’s a warm wind, the west wind, full of birds’ cries.” — John Masefield
94. “When I lament and darken over my diminishments, I accomplish nothing. It’s better to sit at the window all day, pleased to watch birds, barns, and flowers.” — Donald Hall
95. “I think people who don’t believe in God are crazy. How can you say there is no God when you hear the birds singing these beautiful songs you didn’t make?” — Little Richard
96. “The structure of a play is always the story of how the birds came home to roost.” — Arthur Miller
97. “The parish I live in is a very abrupt, uneven country, full of hills and woods, and therefore full of birds.” — Gilbert White
98. “Be grateful for luck. Pay the thunder no mind – listen to the birds. And don’t hate nobody.” — Eubie Blake
99. “I honestly like any sound. Birds. I have a very broad space to accept or enjoy anything except quiet.” — Ryuichi Sakamoto
100. “I can find God in nature, in animals, in birds and the environment.” — Pat Buckley
Bird Quotes About Freedom
101. “Put a bird cage near the window so that the bird can see the sky? It’s much better to look than not to, even if it hurts.” — Klaus Kinski
102. “I love to swim in the nude and roam around the house in the nude. You’re just as free as a bird!” — Bettie Page
103. “Every bird that upwards swings Bears the Cross upon its wings.” — Martial
104. “How helpless we are, like netted birds, when we are caught by desire!” — Belva Plain
105. “I’m the gooney bird that walked to the bank. I’m doing better than most of those guys who said I was crazy.” — Jimmy Piersall
106. “He carried his childhood like a hurt warm bird held to his middle-aged breast.” — Herbert Gold
107. “Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.” — Rabindranath Tagore
108. “Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come.” — Lois Lowry
109. “may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living.” — E. e. cummings
110. “Unclose your mind. You are not a prisoner. You are a bird in flight, searching the skies for dreams.” — Haruki Murakami
Bird Quotes To Give You Confidence To Fly
111. “It’s best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes.” ― Anne Baxter
112. “I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes.” ― Charles Lindbergh
113. “We are like the birds. We adapt. We sing.” ― David Byrne
114. “Marriage is like a cage; one sees the birds outside desperate to get in, and those inside equally desperate to get out.” ― Michel de Montaigne
115. “I suppose I am a sparrow, a stay-at-home bird.” ― Gladys Taber
116. “Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far, far away.” ― Winston Groom
117. “When thou seest an eagle, thou seest a portion of genius; lift up thy head!” ― William Blake
118. “Spirituality is like a bird: If you hold it too closely, it chokes, And if you hold it too loosely, it escapes.” ― Yisroel Salanter
119. “I know what the caged bird feels, alas!” ― Paul Laurence Dunbar
120. “Like the birds, I will fly.” ― Victoria Forester
Bird Quotes To Motivate You To Soar The Sky
121. “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.” — D. H. Lawrence
122. “The bird dares to break the shell, then the shell breaks open and the bird can fly openly. This is the simplest principle of success. You dream, you dare and you fly.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
123. “Be like the bird who, pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing she hath wings.” — Victor Hugo
124. “Birds fly over the rainbow. Why then, oh, why can’t I?” — Judy Garland
125. “The power that makes grass grow, fruit ripen, and guides the bird in flight is in us all.” — Anzia Yezierska
126. “Whoever is related to me in the height of his aspirations will experience veritable ecstasies of learning; for I come from heights that no bird ever reached in its flight, I know abysses into which no foot ever strayed.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
127. “I think a bird is the worst present you can give somebody because it’s guilt-ridden. This animal has the gift of flight, and you put it in a cage and watch it not do that until it dies.” — Kyle Dunnigan
128. “For why trap what is already trapped? It is only in flight that we know the freedom of the bird.” — Josephine Hart
129. “Birds are magical.Their flight alone can arouse a clever thought.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
130. “Broken wings can heal, A bird is meant to fly” ― Kate Stradling
Which of these bird quotes encourages you to seek out freedom and fulfillment?
Do you sometimes feel like a pet bird trapped in a cage?
Maybe it’s time to spread your wings and fly into the sky.
These free bird quotes about flying freedom will make your soul feel light and limitless.
If you have doubts about your worth or potential, read these inspirational bird quotes.
Open up your heart and embrace every animal in nature as a part of your own family.
When you believe in yourself and never give up, you improve your chances of achieving your dreams.
This collection of bird quotes will remind you to always work hard and stay humble.
Birds are some of the most beautiful and mysterious creatures in nature.
You’ll love these inspirational quotes if you’ve longingly watched a bird soar through the air.
Some types of birds, like sparrows, owls, and ravens, can fill us with poetic emotions.
Share these bird quotes with all the animal lovers in your life.
What are your favorite bird quotes and sayings that highlight your love of flying and feathers?
Let us know in the comment section below.
January 14, 2023 6:00 AM EST