These bird quotes will uplift your spirit and fill your mind with thoughts of flying and freedom.
Birds are some of the most beautiful and inspiring animals that inhabit our planet. Whether you enjoy owning pet birds or observing these feathered creatures in the wild, you’ll love this collection of positive quotes.
Do you have a favorite type of bird?
These words of wisdom will inspire you to fly away whether you like parrots, owls, ducks, geese, or any other fowl. The next time you see a bird flying freely in the sky, remember these inspiring quotes.
If you want to reach your full potential in life, it’s important to think like a bird. Don’t hold yourself back with mental limitations. Whether you like bird watching or feeding birds in the park, you’ll enjoy these beautiful and motivational quotes.
This collection of insightful sayings highlights the majesty and beauty of birds. These winged creatures represent freedom, love, and liveliness. Read these bird quotes for encouragement and inspiration.
Also check out these snake quotes to make your fears disappear.
Bird quotes to make your soul feel light and limitless
1. “Everyone likes birds. What wild creature is more accessible to our eyes and ears, as close to us and everyone in the world, as universal as a bird?” – David Attenborough
2. “The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.” – J.M. Barrie
3. “Every bird, every tree, every flower reminds me what a blessing and privilege it is just to be alive.” – Marty Rubin
4. “Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.” – Stephen King
5. “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.” – Langston Hughes
6. “It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” – C. S. Lewis
7. “Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings.” – Victor Hugo
8. “In order to see birds it is necessary to become a part of the silence.” – Robert Lynd
9. “I’d rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance.” – E. E. Cummings
10. “The very idea of a bird is a symbol and a suggestion to the poet. A bird seems to be at the top of the scale, so vehement and intense is his life, large-brained, large-lunged, hot, ecstatic, his frame charged with buoyancy and his heart with song.” – John Burroughs
Bird quotes to uplift your spirit
11. “No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.” – William Blake
12. “When the Sun of compassion arises darkness evaporates and the singing birds come from nowhere.” – Amit Ray
13. “I work as often as I want and yet I’m free as a bird.” – Ethel Merman
14. “The bird is powered by its own life and by its motivation.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
15. “I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
16. “I’m like a bird, I only fly away. I don’t know where my soul is. I don’t know where my home is.” – Nelly Furtado
17. “The robin flew from his swinging spray of ivy on to the top of the wall and he opened his beak and sang a loud, lovely trill, merely to show off. Nothing in the world is quite as adorably lovely as a robin when he shows off — and they are nearly always doing it.” – Frances Hodgson Burnett
18. “Heavenly bodies are nests of invisible birds.” – Dejan Stojanovic
19. “If you cannot catch a bird of paradise, better take a wet hen.” – Nikita Khrushchev
20. “Birds know themselves not to be at the center of anything, but at the margins of everything. The end of the map. We only live where someone’s horizon sweeps someone else’s. We are only noticed on the edge of things; but on the edge of things, we notice much.” – Gregory Maguire
Don’t forget to also read these airplane quotes about flying and travel.
Bird quotes about their majesty and beauty
21. “Birds were created to record everything. They were not designed just to be beautiful jewels in the sky, but to serve as the eyes of heaven.” – Suzy Kassem
22. “The stork is voiceless because there is really nothing to say.” – Will Cuppy
23. “I’m youth, I’m joy, I’m a little bird that has broken out of the egg.” – James M. Barrie
24. “Small birds throw seeds out of the feeder; large birds pick them up off the ground, but the squirrels try to muscle in.” – Lilian Jackson Braun
25. “He imagines a necessary joy in things that must fly to eat.” – Wendell Berry
26. “Not every hen lay eggs. Not every hen that lays eggs gets them hatched. Not everyone born with greatness becomes as such. Go, hatch your eggs.” – Israelmore Ayivor
27. “From birds she learned how to sing; from cats she learned a form of dangerous independence.” – Salman Rushdie
28. “You can’t be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet.” – Hal Borland
29. “Because I had my family, I felt like I could be a bird and fly and experience and do. Because I had roots somewhere, I knew that they would love me no matter what, and I could always go back home and they were going to love me.” – Gisele Bundchen
30. “Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise.” – Ivan Pavlov
Bird quotes to encourage and inspire you
31. “What law, what reason can deny that gift so sweet, so natural that God has given a stream, a fish, a beast, a bird?” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
32. “I love the freedom of my wings. I love the empty space above the ground. I rejoice in my freedom. Freedom is my religion. Peace is my God. Love is my worship.” – Banani Ray
33. “It’s like being a bird, maybe, the perspective of flying over the Earth.” – Peggy Whitson
34. “Love is not only the story of butterflies or birds; it is also the story of jackals and hounds.” – M.F. Moonzajer
35. “I don’t ask for the meaning of the song of a bird or the rising of the sun on a misty morning. There they are, and they are beautiful.” – Pete Hamill
36. “A bird in hand is a certainty. But a bird in the bush may sing.” – Bret Harte
37. “The birds, the moon and the clouds have an important mission: To make mankind turn their eyes towards the skies! And so man can leave his own little local world and focus on something bigger, the universe!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
38. “The biggest favor you can do to yourself is fly freely like birds.” – Kuldeep Gera
39. “For a bird, especially for the more musically inventive, song is the defining characteristic, the primary way by which it knows itself and is known by others. To lose its species song is to lose not just its identity but some part of its presence in the world.” – John Burnside
40. “The more I work with birds, the more I believe in the undreamt, the things we are not given to know.” – Julie Zickefoose
Also check out these yellow quotes and sayings for a happy aesthetic.
More bird quotes and sayings
41. “Boredom is the dream bird that hatches the egg of experience. A rustling in the leaves drives him away.” – Walter Benjamin
42. “My writing often contains souvenirs of the day — a song I heard, a bird I saw — which I then put into the novel.” – Amy Tan
43. “The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever will be born must destroy a world.” – Hermann Hesse
44. “Life without dreams is like a bird with a broken wing — it can’t fly.” – Dan Pena
45. “The moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing.” – Eric Berne
46. “The human bird shall take his first flight, filling the world with amazement, all writings with his fame, and bringing eternal glory to the nest whence he sprang.” – Leonardo da Vinci
47. “I like the idea of taking off like a bird.” – Florence Welch
48. “The caged bird sings with a fearful trill, of things unknown, but longed for still, and his tune is heard on the distant hill, for the caged bird sings of freedom.” – Maya Angelou
49. “The freedom of birds is an insult to me.” – Cormac McCarthy
50. “Once upon a time, when women were birds, there was the simple understanding that to sing at dawn and to sing at dusk was to heal the world through joy. The birds still remember what we have forgotten, that the world is meant to be celebrated.” – Terry Tempest Williams
Which of these bird quotes encourages you to seek out freedom and fulfillment?
Do you sometimes feel like a pet bird trapped in a cage? Maybe it’s time to spread your wings and fly into the sky. These free bird quotes about flying freedom will make your soul feel light and limitless. If you ever have doubts about your worth or your potential, read these inspirational bird quotes.
Open up your heart and embrace every animal in nature as a part of your own family. When you believe in yourself and never give up, you improve your chances of achieving your dreams. This collection of bird quotes will remind you to always work hard and stay humble.
Birds are some of the most beautiful and mysterious creatures in nature. If you’ve ever longingly watched a bird soar through the air, you’ll love these inspirational quotes. Some types of birds, like sparrows, owls, and ravens, can fill us with poetic emotions. Share these bird quotes with all of the animal lovers in your life.
What are your favorite bird quotes and sayings that highlight your love of flying and feathers? Let us know in the comment section below.
June 3, 2020 7:19 AM EST