Being a mother is no easy task, so just imagine how hard it is when you have to do it all alone. This single mom quotes collection will help you face the day with that awesome smile and determination that you have.
Single parenthood is one of the toughest jobs in the entire world. It’s not a job for the fainthearted. It requires a lot of confidence and determination.
Single mothers juggle two roles – the role of the father and that of mother – at the same time. For single mothers who just found themselves in that role, nothing prepares them, but they do it anyway.
From cleaning the house and helping the kids with homework to paying bills and entertaining the baby, single moms do it all. This is what makes single moms some kind of superheroes. And it’s for such reasons that we need to celebrate them.
Even though single mothers might worry whether they can do it all, they still wake up and do what they need to do.
If you’re a single mom and find yourself in one of those days when you do not know if you’re going to make it, below is our collection of uplifting and inspirational single mom quotes and single mom sayings to remind you that you’re strong and capable.
Single Mom Quotes On Providing, Strength and Love
1. “Just because I am a single mother doesn’t mean I cannot be a success” – Yvonne Kaloki
2. “I can’t tell you how much I respect all the single parents out there doing it solo” – Jennie Finch
3. “Single moms: You are a doctor, a teacher, a nurse, a maid, a cook, a referee, a heroine, a provider, a defender, a protector, a true superwoman. Wear your cape proudly.”- Mandy Hale
4. “Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.”- Maxim Gorky
5. “A single mom tries when things are hard. She never gives up. She believes in her family, even when things are tough. She knows that above all things, a mother’s love is more than enough.”- Deniece Williams
6. “It’s not single parenthood in and of itself. It’s more about how people parent.” – Sophie Zadeh
7. “Mothers – especially single mothers – are heroic in their efforts to raise our nation’s children, but men must also take responsibility for their children and recognize the impact they have on their families’ well-being.” – Evan Bayh
8. “I thought about giving up!!..But then I remembered who was watching.” – Anonymous
9. “I didn’t plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt the best way you can.” – Tichina Arnold
10. “What is free time? I’m a single mother. My free moments are filled with loving my little girl.” – Roma Downey
Don’t forget these beautiful motherhood quotes celebrating a special woman.
Single mom quotes to remind of their strength and capabilities
11. “Remember that a single mom is just like any other mom and that our number one priority is till our kids. Any parent does whatever it takes for their kids and a single mother is no different.” – Paula Miranda
12. “Nothing you do for children is ever wasted.” – Garrison Keillor
13. “The most difficult part of dating as a single parent is deciding how much risk your own child’s heart is worth.” – Daniel Pearce
14. “If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do matters very much.” – Jackie Kennedy
15. “Being a working mother and a working single parent instills in you a sense of determination.” – Felicity Jones
16. “The women whom I love and admire for their strength and grace did not get that way because shit worked out. They got that way because shit went wrong, and they handled it. They handled it in a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it. Those women are my superheroes.”- Elizabeth Gilbert
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspirational quotes for women on strength and leadership.
17. “As a single mum you’ll discover inner strengths and capabilities you never knew you had.” – Emma-Louise Smith
18. “Better a loving single-parent family than a ‘conventional’ family where the parents hate each other and the father is a demagogue.” – Moby
19. “I value so many people who have to work full time, definitely single mothers. Their work is the hardest work. I applaud it so much.” – Molly Sims
20. “I was once a single mother, with very few resources, so I have a special place in my heart for women in difficult situations.” – Linda Lael Miller
Also read these insightful postpartum depression quotes.
Single mom quotes to show love, support and appreciation
21. “I don’t think you necessarily have to be part of a traditional nuclear family to be a good mother. – Mary Louise Parker
22. “I want to show the example that you can be a single mother and work and handle a lot of other things at the same time. – Christina Milian
23. “My mother was a single mom, and most of the women I know are strong.” – Regina King
24. “The strength of my mother is something I didn’t pay attention to for so long. Here she was, this single mom, who was part of the Great Migration, who was part of a Jim Crow south, who said, ‘I’m getting my kids out of here. I’m creating opportunities for these young people by any means necessary.” – Jacqueline Woodson
25. “I was a single mom that raised two bright, beautiful, and compassionate girls.” – Connie Stevens
26. ”I am a single mum. What is your super power?” – Anonymous
27. “As a single mom, I’m juggling a lot and working long hours. Yes, it costs them a little, but what my children get in return is a mother who is energized and content.” – Edie Falco
28. “I was living as a young single mom. I was 19 when I was divorced, and my daughter was a year old, and I waited tables here three to four nights a week for several years while I was trying to support myself and my daughter and the day I got that acceptance at Harvard Law School was an unforgettable day.”- Wendy Davis
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.
29. “I was raised in Boston by three older brothers and a very strong and empowering single mom.”- Eliza Dushku
30. “President Obama’s fight for rural America is personal. He was raised by a single mom and grandparents from Kansas. He hails from a farming state, Illinois.” – Tom Vilsack
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grandparent quotes about the power of family.
Also check out these cute baby boy quotes for expecting moms and dads.
Single mom quotes to inspire and uplift
31. “I was born and raised in East Los Angeles by a single mom who had three biological kids and adopted four more. I never met my dad.” –Will.I.Am
32. “If you want to stand with me as a single mom – and I know so many of my friends and colleagues do – please don’t appropriate my burden as a way to validate your own. To suggest that you are single-parenting when you are simply solo for the weekend devalues what real single mothers do.” – Rachel Simmons
33. “I hope telling the story of how I went from being a single mom to serving in the Texas State Senate to running for governor will remind others that with the right leadership in government, where you start has nothing to do with how far you go.” – Wendy Davis
34. ”There will be so many times you feel like you failed. But in the eyes, ears and mind of your child, you are a SUPER MOM.” – Stephanie Precourt
35. ”Don’t pity me because I am a single mum. Respect me for having the courage to do it alone, the strength to never give up and the love to put my child’s needs before my own.”- mysinglemummyself.com
36. ”Single parent mothers who aren’t spending their time looking for a man but spending their time providing for their children are the most admirable people on earth.” – coolnsmart.com
37. ”Some days she has no idea how she’ll do it. But every single day. It still gets done.” – Anonymous
38. “Being raised by a single mother, I learned to appreciate and value independent women.” – Kenny Conley
39. ”Respect to all mums doing double duty because of men failing to do their part as dads.” – John Mark Green
40. ”My children may not have everything they want in life, but they have a mum who loves them more than anything in the world.” – Anonymous
Don’t forget to also check out these stepdad quotes that will make you appreciate your blended family.
Single mom quotes to inspire and teach
41. ”Being a single parent is not a life full of struggles, but a journey for the strong.” – Meg Lowrey
42. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thought. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
43. ”I know its hard being a single parent, but I’d rather do it by myself than with someone who doesn’t want to.” – Anonymous
44. ”Being a single mum is twice the work, twice the stress and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride.” – Anonymous
45. ”Single parents don’t have it easy. They find a way to make it work, even when they don’t know how. It’s the love for their child that pushes them through, every single time.” – Inspirational Quotes Journal
46. ”Breath darling, this is just a chapter. It’s not your whole story.” – S.C Lourie, Empowered Single Moms
47. “Even on the days you feel like you are failing, look around, I promise your kids still think you are the best mom in the whole universe.” – todaysthebestday.com
48. “The best part of being a mom to me is the unconditional love. I have never felt a love as pure, a love that’s as rewarding.” – Monica Denise Brown
49. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
50. “In the end, I am the only one who can give my children a happy mother who loves life.” – Janene Wolsey Baadsgaard
Uplifting single mom quotes
51. “You are never ‘just’ a mom. You are everything your child can need in life, and more.” – Unknown
52. “I would say to any single parent currently feeling the weight of stereotype or stigmatization that I am prouder of my years as a single mother than of any other part of my life.” – J.K. Rowling
53. “I think it’s really important for every mother to find their own way.” — Solange Knowles
54. “I had a lot of guilt as a single mother trying to raise a child. I had to go to work and Jeffrey was screaming that he didn’t want me to. You have to give yourself permission to let go of the guilt.” –– Sherri Shepherd
55. “Single mom or not, remember that you are the best and you are doing the best.” – Unknown
56. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.” – Rajneesh
57. “Did you hear? Superheroes are real. They are called single moms.” – Unknown
58. “So far I’m not surprised by anything about being a mom. It’s all pretty great — but that’s what I expected.” — Charlize Theron
59. “Gone are the days when you would sit and wait for your knight in shining armor. Be brave, be independent and believe that you can do it, and you can do a better job.”- Unknown
60. “She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom.” — Mandy Hale
61. “Career is important, but nothing really supersedes my role as a mother.” — Halle Berry
62. “The anger and hurt you have within will only help you become stronger and more caring and protective towards your children.” – Unknown
63. “I’m not really single. I mean I am, BUT I HAVE A SON. Being a single mother is different from BEING A SINGLE WOMAN.” — Kate Hudson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mother and son quotes that put words to this unbreakable bond.
64. “At the end of the day, it’s the bond you share with your child that matters, and you mommy know just how to do that.” – Unknown
65. “I’ve been a single parent for a long time. It reminds me of being a waitress. As you walk back to the kitchen, requests come at you from all sides. You’re doing the job of two – you have to be highly organised.” – Cherie Lunghi
You might also like these wise co-parenting quotes to inspire separated parents.
Single mom quotes to remind you of your strength
66. “Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.” —Unknown
67. “I am a single mom and I’m the breadwinner and I have to work and I have to do these things and that’s just the way it is. I don’t think my son even knows any different.” – Charisma Carpenter
68. “As long as we are giving our kids the best life we can… I don’t see anything to be ashamed of.” — Sarah Rachel
69. “Being a mother is hard and it wasn’t a subject I ever studied.” – Ruby Wax
70. “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
71. “You’d be surprised how it all works out in the end. You’ll quickly find a routine that works for [you and your children].” — Sig Kap
72. A mother is clothed with strength and dignity, laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks her words are wise and she gives instructions with kindness.” —Proverbs
73. “You have a good head on your shoulders and you’ll get yourself to where you need to be, and that’s all you should ask of yourself.” — Jay Elise
74. “Mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
75. “[Being a mom] will change your life, but I think in the long run it will change for the better.” — Gypsy Lady
Other inspirational single mom quotes
76. “If you are a single parent, make friends with others in similar situations and develop friendships with married couples. Counsel with your priesthood leaders. Let them know of your needs and wants. Single parenthood is understood by the Lord.” – Ezra Taft Benson
77. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” —Robert Browning
78. “Mothers are the necessity of invention.” – Bill Watterson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Mother’s Day quotes that help us celebrate moms all around the world.
79. “I am struggling, I won’t lie, but every night when I put my little one to sleep and I watch her, I know deep in my heart that she is well worth my struggles.” — Jesenia
80. “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs since the payment is pure love.” —Mildred B. Vermont
81. “You are doing what is best for you and your children. You can’t ever be faulted for that. Hang in there.” — Skoy Chicago
82. “Mom – a title just above the queen.” – Unknown
83. “What is best for us will be the best for the baby in the end, because when we are emotionally healthy and strong, we can be the best parents we can be.” — KLeighC
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of baby quotes that new parents can relate to.
84. “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms your children.” – Cardinal Mermillod
85. “It may be tough at times, but I can honestly say, at least from my experience, it’s not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.” — Stella Aluxum
86. “Heavy is the head, forced to wear two crowns.” – R. P. Falconer
87. “The truth is, every son raised by a single mom is pretty much born married.” – Chuck Palahniuk
88. “We don’t get to choose who we fall in love with. If we did, the world would have fewer single mothers.” – Margaret A. Belt
89. “Why is it braver to be a single mother versus being with a partner? Being a couple and having a child could be more challenging because there might be conflict if the male partner cannot understand the extreme attachment a woman feels when she has a child.” – Monica Cruz
90. “Children don’t understand when things aren’t given. The single parent struggling to provide; how they sacrifice themselves, by sweeping their dreams and goals under the table, just to bring bread and beans on the table.” – Anthony Liccione
91. “It takes a tremendous amount of strength to be a single mother. To hold down the forte of a home, a life and your child’s entire happiness.” – Nikki Rowe
Which of these single mom quotes was your favorite?
Raising kinds on your own can be difficult, but nothing on this earth is easy. Whenever you have a bad day, just remember that you have the love of your kids all to yourself and look up to the people who have done it as a source of inspiration. You can do it.
Hopefully, these quotes have reminded you of how strong and special you are. Which of these single mom quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quote to add to the collection. Tell us in the comment section below!