If we were all the same, the world would be a terribly boring place. It’s important that we see ourselves for who we are and we honor what makes us special and unique. This collection of be yourself quotes will prove to you how much better life can be once you value and appreciate yourself for simply being you.
In a world where conformity is the norm, it can be difficult to truly be yourself. It’s easy to give in to peer pressure and try to be like the majority.
But you don’t have to be like everyone else. You have a choice to be whoever you want to be.
Although we may face pressures to conform to the expectations, values or worldviews of others, it’s upon us to chart our own paths. We have to find the courage to build our own futures from the inside out.
To motivate you to love yourself and live your best life rather than trying to impress others, below are some inspiration quotes on being yourself.
Uplifting be yourself quotes and sayings to inspire your best life
1. “ Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.”– Gerard Way
2. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Don’t compromise yourself – you’re all you have.” ― John Grisham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short uplifting quotes that inspire positivity.
4. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” ― Lao Tzu
5. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” ― Roy T. Bennett
6. “Don’t worry what people say or what people think. Be yourself.” – Brett Hull
7. “Don’t try to impress people. Always be yourself!” – Bella Thorne
8. “There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself.” – Anthony Rapp
9. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”– Shannon L. Alder
10. “No other version, no matter how perfect it is, would ever feel better than being your true self.”– Edmond Mbiaka
11. “Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire.”– St. Catherine of Sienna
Be yourself quotes to inspire you to love yourself
12. “ Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”– Oscar Wilde
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Oscar Wilde quotes from the iconic author.
13. “Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening.”– Nelson Mandela
14. “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”– Oscar Wilde
15. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.”– Judy Garland
17. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”- Bruce Lee
18. “Say what you feel. It’s not being rude, it’s called being real.” – Unknown
19. “We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.” – Francois de la Rochefoucauld
20. “Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.” – Julius Charles Hare
Be yourself quotes to inspire happiness
21. “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” – Dave Pelzer
22. “Just be yourself, and enjoy the blessings that God’s borne out on you.” – Delilah
23. “Just be yourself, let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful & magical person that you are.” – Mandy Hale
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of be real quotes celebrating the real you.
24. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
25. “When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.” – Joel Osteen
26. “I feel that the simplicity of life is just being yourself.” – Bobby Brown (see more simplicity quotes)
27. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.” – Philip Pullman
28. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” – Mark Twain
29. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” – Beyoncé
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
30. “The only way you’re going to get through life, happily, is being yourself.” – Nikki Blonsky
Also check out our list of the best baddie quotes to celebrate your individuality.
Be yourself quotes to boost your self-esteem
31. “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself.” – Luna Lovegood
32. “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.”– John Mason
33. “Just because they disagree, doesn’t mean you ain’t right.”– Toba Beta
34. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”– Johnny Depp
35. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” – Winnie the Pooh
36. “Don’t compromise even if it hurts to be yourself.”– Toby Keith
37. “He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away.” – Raymond Hull
38. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.” – Harold Whitman
39. “Be happy without comparing yourself to others.” – Unknown
40. “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
Be yourself quotes to elevate your mind
41. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”– Bernard M. Maruch
42. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”– Maya Angelou
43. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
44. “Take care not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and can’t be in life.”– Meg Medina
45. “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”– Lao Tzu
46. “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.”– Helen Keller
47. “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.”– Jimi Hendrix
48. “The more you put yourself in situations that show that you don’t care what people think, the more people will seem to like you because they know you are truly being yourself.” – Joe Casanova
49. “If you peg your identity to the things you do, you are facing a never-ending cycle of identity evaluation.” – Janeen Latini
50. “Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” – L. Hay
You might also like these inspirational simple quotes that will inspire you to live a simply beautiful life.
Other inspirational be yourself quotes and sayings
51. “Take the time to come home to yourself every day.” – Robin Casarjean
52. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – André Gide
53. “I figured out that being yourself isn’t something that just happens. It’s something you create. You have to create yourself.” – The Bully Book by Eric Kahn Gale
54. “No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” – Buckminster Fuller
55. “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.” – Kurt Vonnegut
56. “You change the world by being yourself.” – Yoko Ono
57. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings
58. “Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?” – Charles Bukowski
59. “Why try to be someone you’re not? Life is hard enough without adding impersonation to the skills required.” – Robert Brault
60. “I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.” – Mozart
More be yourself quotes and sayings
61. “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.” – Allen Ginsberg
62. “Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.” – Brian Tracy
63. “Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don’t be someone else just be yourself.” – Selena Gomez
64. “Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” – John Jakes
65. “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” – Suzy Kassem
66. “Do not try to impress anyone by showing them how worthy you can be, always be yourself and let fate speak for you.” – Deborah Nwakwesili
67. “Never forget who you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister
68. “Be everything that you are unapologetically, most of you will find out that you are not just one color, you are a Rainbow.” – Mridula Singh
69. “Don’t aspire to be the next somebody else. Be proud and embrace being the first and only you!” – Tammy Ferebee
70. “Break the rules, stand apart, ignore your head, and follow your heart.” – Paula Abdul
Which be yourself quotes and sayings were your favorite?
The world will always try to make you something else. People will try to make you conform to their values and expectations. However, it’s upon you to find the courage to chart your own path rather than trying to impress others.
Hopefully, these be yourself quotes have inspired you to love yourself and be yourself no matter what others might think or say of you.
Did you enjoy these be yourself quotes and sayings? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it?
April 7, 2021 6:00 AM EST