Our latest collection of trust quotes to help you keep it at the forefront of everything you do. The trust quotes collection below will help you appreciate the fundamental role it plays in life.
Trust is essential to life. It plays an important role in all aspects of our lives.
Whether in leadership, relationships, business, marriage, or at the workplace; trust holds our world together. It allows us to live and work together, to depend on each other, and to flourish.
Without trust, life becomes intolerable. You can’t have any meaningful relationships without trust. No organisation can achieve success in the absence of trust.
Trust is one of the most precious things in the world. Although life isn’t perfect and some people aren’t trustworthy, we should all make an effort to cultivate, earn, and build it.
To celebrate the important role of trust in our lives, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking trust quotes, trust sayings, and trust proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Remember to also view our selection of faith quotes for added inspiration.
Trust quotes honoring confidence, belief and faith
1. ”To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.” – George MacDonald
2. ”If you have three people in your life that you can trust, you can consider yourself the luckiest person in the whole world.” – Selena Gomez
3. ”Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.” – Eminem
4. ”Trust is that rare and priceless treasure that wins us the affection of our heavenly Father.” – Brennan Manning
5. ”To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.” – Alan W. Watts
6. ”Earn trust, earn trust, earn trust. Then you can worry about the rest.” – Seth Godin
7. ”You must trust and believe in people, or life becomes impossible.” – Anton Chekhov
8. ”A man who doesn’t trust himself can never really trust anyone else.” – Cardinal De Retz
9. ”I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
10. “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” – Paulo Coelho
Trust quotes celebrating its role in our lives
11. ”Respect people who trust you. It takes a lot for people to trust you, so treat their trust like precious porcelain.” – Brandon Cox
12. ”Trust is involved in all the basic elements of a healthy relationship: namely, love (respect and consideration for another person), communication, commitment and honesty.” – Harold Duarte-Bernhardt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of relationship quotes celebrating real love.
13. ”Trust is the lubrication that makes it possible for organizations to work.” – Warren Bennis
14. ”Trust is like blood pressure. It’s silent, vital to good health, and if abused it can be deadly.” – Frank Sonnenberg
15. ”He who does not trust enough will not be trusted.” – Lao Tzu
16. “We’re never so vulnerable than when we trust someone – but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy.” – Walter Anderson
17. “The best proof of love is trust.” – Joyce Brothers
18. ”When people honor each other, there is a trust established that leads to synergy, interdependence, and deep respect. Both parties make decisions and choices based on what is right, what is best, what is valued most highly.” – Blaine Lee
19. ”When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective.” – Stephen R. Covey
20. ”Self-trust is the first secret of success.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Also read these trust issues quotes to help you understand the meaning of trust and assist you through resolving your trust issues.
Trust quotes to help you keep it at the forefront of everything you do
21. ”Trust is what we do each day, when we get out of our bed and put our clothes on. It is the thing that makes it possible for us to keep putting one foot in front of the other.” – Iyanla Vanzant
22. “With high trust, success comes faster, better, and at lower cost.” – David Neeleman
23. “Learn to trust yourself, block your negative thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts and you’ll have energy to spare.” – Bryan Cohen
24. “Faith begins very small and only grows as we learn to trust the person or item in which we put our faith.” – Dr. A.G. Walp
25. “Highly successful performers in business and in sports show a level of trust and understanding that separates them from their competition.” – Pete Carroll
26. “If a person cannot keep her word on a small matter, it is for sure she cannot be trusted with things that really count.” – John Buttrick
27. “When a person has integrity you can trust what they say and that they live according to their values.” – Jodi Flynn
28. “Trust is probably the intangible, and cultivated of all characteristic.” – Tim Mason
29. “People want to be around those who are up, lively, and happy, all things that engender trust.” Robin Jones
30. “Three strong attributes, which characterize a person, are hope, trust and a sense of charity.” – M.K. Soni
Trust quotes to help you cultivate, earn and build it
31. ”Few delights can equal the mere presence of one who we trust utterly.” – George Mac Donald
32. ”Trust opens up new and unimagined possibilities.” – Robert. C. Solomon
33. ”Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.” – Jesus Christ
34. ”If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” – Zig Ziglar
35. ”Never trust anyone completely but God. Love people, but put your full trust only in God.” – Lawrence Welk
36. ”I trust you: That’s huge. That’s truth. That’s real love. Everyone uses ‘I love you’ so loosely.” – Justin Chatwin
37. ”Trust is not simply a matter of truthfulness, or even constancy. It is also a matter of amity and goodwill. We trust those who have our best interests at heart, and mistrust those who seem deaf to our concerns.” – Gary Hamel
38. ”Three things you should never break: promise, trust, and someone’s heart.” – Anonymous
39. ”Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt.” – Eric Sevareid
40. ”All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.” – J.M. Barrie
Other trust quotes quotes to inspire and teach
41. ”The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” – Ernest Hemingway (See all quotes by Ernest Hemingway)
42. ”Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare
43. “Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
44. “I’ve only ever trusted my gut on everything. I don’t trust my head, I don’t trust my heart, I trust my gut.” – Bryan Adams
45. “How do you build trust? Trust is earned when everyone’s interests are considered and respected. Communication is the key to do this.” – Sheri Levit
46. “Trust enables you to put your deepest feelings and fears in the palm of your partner’s hand, knowing they will be handled with care.” – Carl S. Avery
47. ”I don’t trust people who don’t love themselves and tell me, ‘I love you.’ … There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.” – Maya Angelou
48. “Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of.” – Bob Vanourek
49. ”Relationships are about trust. If you have to play detective, then it’s time to move on.” – Anonymous
50. ”Trust is always earned, never given.” – R. Williams
Which of these trust resonated with you best?
Any successful relationship – whether in business, leadership, with family, or with friends – relies on a level of trust that must be earned.
Trust is fundamental to life. It makes our lives more pleasant and less stressful. Hopefully, the trust quotes above will help you build and keep trust at the forefront of everything you do.
Did you enjoy the trust quotes above? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.